IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 360.
#7851 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

We have a GOTLE on location here and the VUK to the upper playfield has already started to fail. Are other GOTLE's running into this problem? Really kills the rhythm of the game if it takes 6 or more attempts to pop a ball up there. Seems like an easy fix but the few times I've popped in the VUK had the same problem. Put a real bad taste in my mouth compared to the pro they used to have.

I have a thread started for the Upper Playfield fix's there are a couple. Search for it.

#7852 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

haha...you think 299 is pricey from Stern

This is assuming it is just 2 plastics with 2 LED's in them, now if it is motors and mech's involved ok it'll be $499.

#7853 8 years ago

Didn't read all 158 pages did someone already suggest a Vigor edition?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7854 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I think the Magnetic slings will undoubtedly offer different play.
I am confident that this will upset some people, as they would now need to play differently, perhaps.
I respect those that dont want any changes in ball movement off slings, although I am not sure why. Fortunately, there is a pro.
To me, its innovation, its new, its different, and I want that.
I have collected the "odd ones" continuously.
SafeCracker, CSI, Banzai Run, BBH, WWLE, CV, and on, but what happens is they grow on you, one learns how to
press the buttons, and nudge the machine differently.
I mean after all, that really is all the interaction we have.
Not worried at all about playfield wear....removable mylar is easy.
Not worried about different play from the slings....its innovation!
Not worried about the code...The inserts share theres lots to do!
Not worried abut flow...I have plenty of flow games to be happy.....
Bring on GB!!! Every Day is another day to get excited about seeing the Premium/LE!!
Slime On!

Great post. I agree 100%

The slings have been in development for some time. In testing they are able to do incredible things: pass the ball back and forth, dribble the ball against one sling, drop ball onto flipper, shoot ball upfield. How much of that will make it into the game, and how those unique dynamics will be integrated into gameplay, remains to be seen. But I was promised I wouldn't be disappointed.

Crossing stream accessory, if it happens, may be pricey.

Topper shown on Dead_Flip stream was a prototype, will look better.

Have a great TPF everyone

#7855 8 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

This is assuming it is just 2 plastics with 2 LED's in them, now if it is motors and mech's involved ok it'll be $499.

They better be motorized, then slowly cross in the middle and when they do the lights go crazy

#7856 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I am confident that this will upset some people, as they would now need to play differently, perhaps.
I respect those that dont want any changes in ball movement off slings, although I am not sure why. Fortunately, there is a pro.
SafeCracker, CSI, Banzai Run, BBH, WWLE, CV, and on, but what happens is they grow on you, one learns how
to press the buttons, and nudge the machine differently.
Bring on GB!!! Every Day is another day to get excited about seeing the Premium/LE!!
Slime On!

Great post. The more I think about it, the more the magnetic slings may possibly be the biggest reason people will want a Premium or LE model.. this feature can possibly change the way the entire machine plays, and make you have to use a completely different strategy when playing vs any other machine. This is why I think it is going to be the perfect addition to my small collection, since each play so differently than the other.

#7857 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't think GOT is doing all that great. I don't think they have even sold out of LE's yet. Only reason it's still of interest is because it's the newest game to come out. The art package definitely hurt that games demand. The license was a no brainer and would have been fantastic. Rules are really good. Layout is boring, but smooth. If the art package had some effort put into it, it could have gone from an ok, game, to a great game.

Bingo. GOT is also so fast as honestly there isn't much on the playfield. Ghostbusters pro seems like a premium next to any GOT version. For $5k- $8k I want a game with some unique toys, a lot of shots, great artwork, excellent theme integration and deep code. Speed is only worth so much in my book and at today's crazy NIB prices a game needs to be backed up by more then just two ramps and non-interactive toys.

Any pinball machine layout will seem faster if you remove items that stop and interact with the ball. Is that what people want though when the prices for these games are $5k- $8k? I don't think so. I tend to think that a vast majority of players want titles like GB, WOZ, MET, etc that are loaded up.

#7858 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

We have a GOTLE on location here and the VUK to the upper playfield has already started to fail. Are other GOTLE's running into this problem? Really kills the rhythm of the game if it takes 6 or more attempts to pop a ball up there. Seems like an easy fix but the few times I've popped in the VUK had the same problem. Put a real bad taste in my mouth compared to the pro they used to have.

I wouldn't label the whole game over something that would appear to just be a localized failure.. such as something being loose or out of alignment.

#7859 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

SafeCracker, CSI, Banzai Run, BBH, WWLE, CV, and on, but what happens is they grow on you, one learns how
to press the buttons, and nudge the machine differently.
Slime On!

Wait, is this Bobby McFerrin?

#7860 8 years ago

Holy crap I just posted and it brought me to the last post in the thread.

idonteven_(resized).pngidonteven_(resized).png

And just like that, this post bumped me back 3 pages. *sigh*

#7861 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

EVERY time in this thread

#7862 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I'm an advocate for the pro usually as it gives great bang for buck, but that right ramp is a killer. It's a complete dud shot and when your forking out this much coin you want every shot to be have a doesn't feel about it.

I don't want to say it's a terrible shot, but it's certainly looks uninspired. There were obvious restriction in what they could do with the ramp design on the pro.

Rob

#7863 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

bolton_(resized).jpgbolton_(resized).jpg

#7864 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't want to say it's a terrible shot, but it's certainly looks uninspired. There were obvious restriction in what they could do with the ramp design on the pro.
Rob

Not to sound stupid but I'm not sure what the problem is with the ramp... what am I missing?

#7865 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Not to sound stupid but I'm not sure what the problem is with the ramp... what am I missing?

I don't get the issue either. I think it offers some pretty cool ball action and it's kind of unique. I guess people want it to return to the other flipper.

#7866 8 years ago

What browser?

#7867 8 years ago

Wait, is this Bobby McFerrin?

Could be....just the first day without pain in 6 months... gotta get excited about something!

#7868 8 years ago

Safari

#7869 8 years ago

Does it in Chrome too. It's a Pinside bug. It's why we keep getting dupe posts. It kicks them back, and they hit reply again.

#7870 8 years ago

7900 posts but probably 2000 are due to double / tripple post bug.

#7871 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

7900 posts but probably 2000 are due to double / tripple post bug.

For comedic purposes you really should have posted that three times ...

#7872 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

No, that would just be obnoxious.

#7873 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

#7874 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

#7875 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Quoted from jar155:

Quoted from jar155:

Your right

#7876 8 years ago

You're right.

So technically I'm right.

#7877 8 years ago

You're right.

So technically I'm right. (again)

#7878 8 years ago

You're right.
So technically I'm right. (again)

Your both right!

#7879 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I don't get the issue either. I think it offers some pretty cool ball action and it's kind of unique. I guess people want it to return to the other flipper.

It's not about which flipper it returns to. It's simply a crap shot and why this time I skipped the pro ed. there is no unique ball action just looks like a missed shot and clearly as Rob said they had restrictions on what they could do. I would have just gone for the one ramp and put a target there or something. Only blemish on a perfect pro ed.

#7880 8 years ago

Has anyone else wondered if they made that ramp intentionally bad to maybe secure more premium orders? Seems to be a common opinion that the pro would be a hit and a buy if only that ramp was different/didn't exist. I myself am going for a premium, however at first I was going to go pro until I saw the ramp being shot and like a lot of people it put me off the pro which other than that ramp looks great!

#7881 8 years ago

No, they don't make things "intentionally bad." The ramp is fine. It has functionality in along the length of the ramp, which is pretty rare. Clean shots earn you more than sloppy ones. It's a neat concept for a ramp.

#7882 8 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has anyone else wondered if they made that ramp intentionally bad to maybe secure more premium orders? Seems to be a common opinion that the pro would be a hit and a buy if only that ramp was different/didn't exist. I myself am going for a premium, however at first I was going to go pro until I saw the ramp being shot and like a lot of people it put me off the pro which other than that ramp looks great!

I don't think so. Trudeau said in a podcast that George Gomez suggested it since the subway shot could be duplicated on the pro for the $.

#7883 8 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

In my opinion, I would say that was not considered by Stern. The ramp isn't that bad in playing the game. I thought the game played great and was fun and I feel will do great on locations. I will say though that I think the Premium will live up to its name and be superior to the pro. Not only because of the ramp but the magnetic slings, improved Slimer, Ecto Goggles...ect.

#7884 8 years ago

I don't think so. Trudeau said in a podcast that George Gomez suggested it since the subway shot could be duplicated on the pro for the $.

My plan was to listen to the podcast tonight, but that's as good a reason as any. Thank you for the insight didn't realise GG had been involved on that as well as JT.

#7885 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I noticed that too. Everytime you post, it forces you back 3 pages. I thought it was just my computer.

#7886 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I was going to, but my iPhone said it was a double post and prevented my from simply clicking return.

I suppose it's on PC or some other platform that these bugs are occurring. But it still jumps me back 3-4 pages.

#7887 8 years ago

GB makes Ben Heck smile:

#7888 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

GB makes Ben Heck smile:
image.jpeg

Seeing the game from that angle, I really like the dark cabinet colors. Looks sharp. Or, maybe it's just Ben that makes the picture POP.

Brian

#7889 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

GB makes Ben Heck smile:
image.jpeg

Jesus...Stern pros don't even come with lock down bars anymore...this is getting recockulus.

#7890 8 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Seeing the game from that angle, I really like the dark cabinet colors. Looks sharp. Or, maybe it's just Ben that makes the picture POP.
Brian

maybe it's because Ben is sooo white, he throws off a lot of contrast.

#7891 8 years ago

Does the game have a post hidden by the fire house so that the ball can get held there? I thought I saw this in a few of the videos.

#7892 8 years ago

yes, and then when it's full with the captive balls, the pin releases them back down to the newton.

#7893 8 years ago

Ghostbusters gameplay live streaming now from TPF (courtesy of JJ @ Game Exchange):
https://www.twitch.tv/gexchange

#7894 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, and then when it's full with the captive balls, the pin releases them back down to the newton.

No, I mean up closer to the firehouse plastic. Just above the spinner.

#7895 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Ghostbusters gameplay live streaming now from TPF (courtesy of JJ @ Game Exchange):

Laggy as hell for me. Anyone else?

#7896 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

I tuned in just in time to see MNHOTROD playing.

LTG : )

#7897 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

No, I mean up closer to the firehouse plastic. Just above the spinner.

Yes lIke on congo and it has two diverters at the top by roll over lanes like congo

#7898 8 years ago

Little heavy on the book stacking callout.

#7899 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Laggy as hell for me. Anyone else?

yea it's crap.

But the music is growing on me.

#7900 8 years ago

Everyone who's playing is smiling and laughing even though they drain in about 30 seconds, I guess that's a good sign!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/158 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.