IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 360.
#7751 8 years ago

I just watched the replay of the FB video from this morning with Tredeau and was very excited about what he said about the magnetic slings. In summary he said they can act almost like conventional slings and do a host of ball movements never seen before like play catch from sling to sling, launch the ball up the playfield and catch it again, drop the ball to the flipper, etc.

Sounds like what we all have been hoping for!

Cool part is when the designers/programmer come up with new movements, they can add them with firmware updates.

Also, they could provide the ability to disable in settings, any movements the owner of the machine does not like.

#7752 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its only one eighth difference i believe from normal. ...Its really not a big deal.

Yeah and you're getting 2/3 of each side as inlanes to make up for it

#7753 8 years ago

Played GB at the Amusement Expo and I just want to say that this game is plain fun! I am definitely loving this pin. I can't wait to play the premium version of this. Hope the slings will turn out to add a lot to this game and not take away from my initial impression of the pro version. The pro is a blast though and fun to play. This game looks incredible, sounds great and is fun. I think they this game will be a classic IMO.

#7754 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I just watched the replay of the FB video from this morning with Tredeau and was very excited about what he said about the magnetic slings. In summary he said they can act almost like conventional slings and do a host of ball movements never seen before like play catch from sling to sling, launch the ball up the playfield and catch it again, drop the ball to the flipper, etc.
Sounds like what we all have been hoping for!
Cool part is when the designers/programmer come up with new movements, they can add them with firmware updates.
Also, they could provide the ability to disable in settings, any movements the owner of the machine does not like.

This sounds very cool, and quite innovative. Perfect fit for the theme.

#7755 8 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Regular slingshots have one kicker lever that pushes the ball away. A ball towards the top of the sling are above the kicker and directed more of an upward angle, just as balls towards the bottom of the slingshot are below the kicker and directed more downward. Seems to differ depending on the game and the exact speed an timing of the mech and angle of the slings. GB has really steep angles on the slings.
Same deal with these magnet slingshots but in reverse. The magnet is positioned towards the middle of the slingshot so balls near the bottom of the slingshot when triggering the leaf switch will be pulled toward the magnet in a more upward fashion, and balls near the top of the slingshot will be pulled in a more downward fashion.
I am very curious to see the kinds of angles we see from this!

What about interaction with balls not triggering the slings? If there is a multiball happening and one hits the sling triggering the magnet and balls in the are will be attracted to the same spot.

#7756 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

What about interaction with balls not triggering the slings? If there is a multiball happening and one hits the sling triggering the magnet and balls in the are will be attracted to the same spot.

That's probably just part of the appeal, not unlike multiball in The Addams Family with The Power. I suspect with all the kinetics of the balls, this worry is probably overstated. When I'm playing multiball, I often am juggling to keep balls in play (if I'm not cradling some in the flippers). It's not like you'll notice the change in trajectory of one ball in 4 due to magnets.

#7757 8 years ago

Hey guys, reading bits and pieces about the Cross the Streams mode that was seen on either side of the prototype.

Is the suggestion that this will now be an aftermarket mod from Stern?

#7759 8 years ago
Quoted from soundwave:

Hey guys, reading bits and pieces about the Cross the Streams mode that was seen on either side of the prototype.
Is the suggestion that this will now be an aftermarket mod from Stern?

Go back one page... Designer said it will most likely be a mod

#7760 8 years ago

There are pin blades coming out to designed by zombie yeti, kinda wish these were part of the LE package since your primarily paying for art and this is more art.....

#7761 8 years ago

This thing is going to bankrupt me. It's so stunning, and I can see I'm going to want ALL the Stern produced mods.

#7762 8 years ago

If the ball becomes magnetized then another magnet in the slings should repel it. I wonder if they can change the polarity of the magnets in the slings to do both attract and repel and magnetized balls will be the standard for this game?

#7763 8 years ago

I wish they'd just sanction colordmd and make that an official mod and let us pay for color on day 1 if we wanted it.

You know when they drop the red dots, it is coming with a price increase anyways.

#7764 8 years ago

Do we know when each model will be released?
Pro:
LE:
Premium:

#7765 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I wish they'd just sanction colordmd and make that an official mod and let us pay for color on day 1 if we wanted it.
You know when they drop the red dots, it is coming with a price increase anyways.

Can't be colored with ColorDMD until the code for the game had stabilized. At least the DOTs.

#7766 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Yeah no thanks on Stern pricing there.

#7767 8 years ago
Quoted from soundwave:

This thing is going to bankrupt me. It's so stunning, and I can see I'm going to want ALL the Stern produced mods.

I think Stern has hit on a brilliant marketing strategy.

I would be sharpening my pitchfork if they included a color display, topper and crossing stream mechs but added $1000 to the game price.

As optional mods I'm happy they're offered and then Pro buyers can also purchase.

#7768 8 years ago

I would be happy to pay for the proton beams especially if they came as a plug in and play motorised mech. Although a nice asthetic light show would sell it to me aswell, but ideally I'd love to see a motorised mod that functions with a mode, playfield could go completely dark all GI out, proton packs light up with the dialogue intro from the hotel with dots:

Stantz: You know, it just occurred to me that we really haven't had a successful test of this equipment.
Spengler: I blame myself.
Venkman: So do I.
Stantz: Well, no sense in worrying about it now.
Venkman: Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back.
Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.
Venkman: What?
Spengler: Don't cross the streams.
Venkman: Why?
Spengler: It would be bad.
Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?
Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Stantz: Total protonic reversal!
Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

Proton streams light up and mode starts! Have to make specific shots and combos to avoid crossing streams, too many incorrect shots could either cause reverse flippers or a complete blackout for a couple seconds. Successful shots/combos progress the mode and streams relighting GI and a fancy light show to complete mode. Make it so stern and take my money!

#7769 8 years ago

ok so...We've now all seen the game being played and have hi rez pics of the PF....

10X innovation?

#7770 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

ok so...We've now all seen the game being played and have hi rez pics of the PF....
10X innovation?

What company has put out this so called "10x innovation" you are looking for?

#7771 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

10X innovation?

For stern I'd say "yes", nobody can say they haven't at least tried new things with GB whether there just a twist on a classic pinball toy - slimmer is possibly the best bash toy I've ever seen or something completely new - like the magna slings & the echo goggles there definitely "innovating" within there own games oh then there is the "stern firsts" a sub ramp into subway, as long as stern stay on this path we will all benefit and there could be some genuinely cool things from stern in the future if GB is just the start.

#7772 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

What company has put out this so called "10x innovation" you are looking for?

Not sure.

Early on in this thread a couple folks had seen enough to know that this pin had '10x the innovation of any pin'.

Was just wondering if they and other still/do feel that way.

#7773 8 years ago

I think it's cool that Stern will likely be offering the proton pack gun toys as an aftermarket mod only because the game already feels like it's worth the asking price due to it multiple toys, features, hand drawn artwork, custom call outs, and likely a deep ruleset. My only concern is that aftermarket mods could start being offered in place of items that should already be included in a game. A few game companies have been guilty of this by charging for day one DLC or announcing a DLC pack on release date while the game itself feels on the light side in terms of content. However, I'll give Stern the benefit of the doubt that they will do things right as they are offering a game with a lot of value out of the box.

How much do you guys think this aftermarket mod may cost? It would be cool if the mod could take advantage of extra specially designed modes that take advantage of it. Stern could offer the mod with say 5 or so modes tied directly to Ghostbusters 2. If the mod isn't in the game then those modes just wouldn't be accessible. The mod plus extra code could truly provide the first "expansion pack" for a pinball machine.

#7774 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think it's cool that Stern will likely be offering the proton pack gun toys as an aftermarket mod only because the game already feels like it's worth the asking price due to it multiple toys, features, hand drawn artwork, custom call outs, and likely a deep ruleset. My only concern is that aftermarket mods could start being offered in place of items that should already be included in a game. A few game companies have been guilty of this by charging for day one DLC or announcing a DLC pack on release date while the game itself feels on the light side in terms of content. However, I'll give Stern the benefit of the doubt that they will do things right as they are offering a game with a lot of value out of the box.
How much do you guys think this aftermarket mod may cost? It would be cool if the mod could take advantage of extra specially designed modes that take advantage of it. Stern could offer the mod with say 5 or so modes tied directly to Ghostbusters 2. If the mod isn't in the game then those modes just wouldn't be accessible. The mod plus extra code could truly provide the first "expansion pack" for a pinball machine.

Completely disagree. Add-on mods should NEVER affect gameplay.
After spending $$$ on a Premium or LE model, the buyer should get a complete game.
My opinion anyway.

#7775 8 years ago

Stern has taken out the flipper profit after MET

Topper profit is all the rage now.

Looks like with GB we are moving into feature/mod upgrades with the photon beams

Did they take that out to make more profit?

And ZY is selling pinblades for GB

I can't blame any of them. Grab it while you can.

Maybe they learned their lesson with GOT.

Pack a pin like GB, price higher than ever, and then sell the shit out of mods for it

#7776 8 years ago

However, it feels like the overpriced up sell party is going to meet its demise soon enough

#7777 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Completely disagree. Add-on mods should NEVER affect gameplay.
After spending $$$ on a Premium or LE model, the buyer should get a complete game.
My opinion anyway.

Good point. I would agree if it was an aftermarket mod not from Stern. With it being from Stern though they could bundle a few modes unique to the mod that would have no gameplay affect on the modes already in the game. This is if the mod is really interactive at all or if it's just a stationary mod for looks. If it's for looks then it could be enabled anytime.

#7778 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

However, it feels like the overpriced up sell party is going to meet its demise soon enough

Excuse me...but aren't you supposed to be on vacation with your family or something? I thought that was the reason I don't get to meet you at TPF this weekend? Stop posting and show your family some quality Ice time...

#7779 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good point. I would agree if it was an aftermarket mod not from Stern. With it being from Stern though they could bundle a few modes unique to the mod that would have no gameplay affect on the modes already in the game. This is if the mod is really interactive at all or if it's just a stationary mod for looks. If it's for looks then it could be enabled anytime.

Yeah, if the proton beams lit up after a player made the correct shot or something, cool. They could even move, or whatever.
But charge more for stuff that changes gameplay, and I think all the buyers would feel screwed.

#7783 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Excuse me...but aren't you supposed to be on vacation with your family or something? I thought that was the reason I don't get to meet you at TPF this weekend? Stop posting and show your family some quality Ice time...

I'm getting hammered watching NCAA waiting for my table to eat!

I'm beaten and battered from the slopes. I sacrificed my body to run 5 teenage girls all over the mountain

I need my Pinside escape

I'm drinking White Rascals and will sleep well tonight.

I need TPF updates from you guys Boobie.

#7784 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm sure it has for some foreign markets.

Rob

#7785 8 years ago

I am not happy or unhapppy about Stern selling mods, but might be a good thing in one way. If they want to sell more mods they'd prefer to sell a large number of pis.

Twofold they'd want a strong pro not a super weak pro since that'd expand the base (see Met pro). Also they'd want a long sale out like Met or ACDC so they'd want to improve the code unlike a terrible seller that doesn't warrant top level of code resources full court press.

It kind of sucks that Stern doesn't strive for every pin to be completely coded and to be the best it can possibly be. Likely the leaders get the attention and the dogs get the scraps.

#7786 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Twofold they'd want a strong pro not a super weak pro since that'd expand

Brilliant point. You need your user base flooded with pros for a successful mod market. Not many collectors bought ACDC pro.

#7787 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Twofold they'd want a strong pro not a super weak pro since that'd expand the base (see Met pro). Also they'd want a long sale out like Met or ACDC so they'd want to improve the code unlike a terrible seller that doesn't warrant top level of code resources full court press.

ST must have sold fairly well, yet it never got decent code support. I think poor code support really hurt KISS sales.

Rob

#7788 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm getting hammered watching NCAA waiting for my table to eat!
I'm beaten and battered from the slopes. I sacrificed my body to run 5 teenage girls all over the mountain
I need my Pinside escape
I'm drinking White Rascals and will sleep well tonight.
I need TPF updates from you guys Boobie.

Well...it's a great night for you to get hammered and go on a tear, Ice. I counted no less than three mods setting up the Pinside booth, a fourth was asleep in his room (wake up, TigerLaw!), and a fifth (and perhaps more) inbound to the show and not monitoring threads.

So let 'er rip!

#7789 8 years ago

Some questions answered by Gary Stern today!

Playfield will not have the wood colored dots above left in lanes.These are Proto Playfields.

Library 3D mold will not be a add-on for the pro."If you want it to look like a premium then buy a premium".His words.He is strictly business when you chat with him.

I told him to hire Zombie Yeti for all future projects.If the license with allow.Not all due.
He likes his work.I told him I am buying a GB Prem based off Art first.Gameplay second.

I also told him I passed on GOT due to the poor art.He said they are still making them.I said that the LE's are still not sold out yet.GBLE sold out in one day?
I told him they would be making a lot more if it wasn't copy and paste.Zombie Yeti will sell more pins.Lazy art sells less pins.Good on route.Not so good for HUO.He listens more than he speaks.

Gene Simmons stopped by.Signed some flyers.Cool cat!.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7790 8 years ago

Any thoughts of how the heat generated from the magnets will effect the playfield? These magnets will be on all the time...

#7791 8 years ago

they will not be on all the time. only a spurt when the ball is that region. No different than TAF's magnets pulsate during multiball. except not even as often as that. they don't damage the playfield unless they lock on.

#7792 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Some questions answered by Gary Stern today!
Playfield will not have the wood colored dots above left in lanes.These are Proto Playfields.
Library 3D mold will not be a add-on for the pro."If you want it to look like a premium then buy a premium".His words.He is strictly business when you chat with him.
I told him to hire Zombie Yeti for all future projects.If the license with allow.Not all due.
He likes his work.I told him I am buying a GB Prem based off Art first.Gameplay second.
I also told him I passed on GOT due to the poor art.He said they are still making them.I said that the LE's are still not sold out yet.GBLE sold out in one day?
I told him they would be making a lot more if it wasn't copy and paste.Zombie Yeti will sell more pins.Lazy art sells less pins.Good on route.Not so good for HUO.He listens more than he speaks.
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

good work getting an answer on the playfield but would have been better for you to not "tell" him so much and maybe ask him more next time instead. Credit for getting a couple answers anyways.

#7793 8 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Any thoughts of how the heat generated from the magnets will effect the playfield? These magnets will be on all the time...

I would have to say that if Stern is play testing the subway lock for errors with 300,000 activations, they are likely testing the same thing with the magnets. I would say if they are putting a new innovative feature on the game then they are likely fully play testing it for those issues as we speak. I'd think they are going to only pulse a little bit at a time, and not enough to generate enough heat to effect the play field since I doubt they will actually hold the ball. Theres a good chance they barely even turn on most of the time. I'm more concerned with the fact they could result in frequent down the middle drains since the flippers are gapped wider than a porn stars vag

#7794 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Brilliant point. You need your user base flooded with pros for a successful mod market. Not many collectors bought ACDC pro.

How many pins before you are a collector?

#7795 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

How much did Gene charge for the autographs?

#7796 8 years ago

Way too much guessing in here!

Lots of wishing too.

#7797 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Way too much guessing in here!

Appropriate Pinside name for that comment my friend.

#7798 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Appropriate Pinside name for that comment my friend.

Oh zing!

#7799 8 years ago

If anybody is worried about that right ramp on the pro, I just realized there's a similar ramp on Starship Troopers. It's not quite the same but it is similar.

#7800 8 years ago

Should change the name of this place to Opinionside.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/156 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.