IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 360.
#7551 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

More gameplay video. This is over the shoulder instead of straight down which shows the slimmer toy functionality a bit clearer.
» YouTube video

Nice vid, thanks - much better than the original feed.

Game looks fantastic. If the magnetic slings don't work out on the Premium, this could be the first Pro I buy.

Do the pops have the same "jackpot" style setup we saw on GOT? I have to say that's a pet peeve of mine. The 3 boxes look like amateur hour, and Im not sure I even like the whole concept. Maybe if there was a nice slot machine graphic, of the reels ticking over with Ghostbusters pictures, and eventually they have to match up to "win". But the 3 boxes with words annoy me. Hopefully its's just a placeholder.

#7552 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

More gameplay video. This is over the shoulder instead of straight down which shows the slimmer toy functionality a bit clearer.
» YouTube video

Man, I could watch video of Elwin playing for days.

#7553 8 years ago

Yea much better video and game looks fast but not as brutal as I thought yesterday ... just need to make shots and nudge some like on the met metal lane guide

#7554 8 years ago

Noticed the right saucer getting heaps of rejections - in fact i dont think there was a single shot from the left flipper that stuck. He got it backhand once which stuck. Getting scary IJ flashbacks.

On the Pre/LE that will be an actual scoop, so less rejections.

Edit: One shot from 5 stuck.

#7555 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

» YouTube video

best video yet, good player too.

#7556 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

good player too.

Keith Elwin. Yeah, I'd say he's a bit more than just good.

#7557 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

best video yet, good player too.

Not me playing unfortunately. Video popped up in my Facebook feed so had to share. Luckily I'm headed for Texas tomorrow and will be able to shoot my own. :p

#7558 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

TWD has ramps that return to the same flipper and we love it!

Excellent point!

#7559 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Is anybody else taking their laptop into the bathroom to keep up with this thread?

I saw guy wearing this last week in public. For you Kim.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#7560 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Great video slimer toy is excellent !!

Agreed! The dead flip video didn't do slimmer justice, looks like a solid toy.

#7561 8 years ago

Not really liking the right ramp returning to the right flipper. Left ramp returns to the right flipper. Too much right flipper. As far as double in lanes on both sides, what's the point if there are no lit lanes to complete? So so theme for me, art looks great, gameplay, we'll see.

#7562 8 years ago

Wow I didnt realize that the Slimer toy moved after watching the video yesterday....much cooler toy!

#7563 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

» YouTube video

Very informative video with that angle. Thanks!
Slimer looks cool. Can't wait to see it L and R movement in Premium/LE!

Is it a play on the glass reflection or is there something else going on illuminating the drop lanes to the left of the Sta-Puft Man? Looks like there is a reflective plastic that shows the illuminated images indicating drop lanes??

#7564 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I saw guy wearing this last week in public. For you Kim.

image_(resized).png

http://gizmodo.com/5954598/your-smartphone-is-basically-a-poopstick

#7565 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

» YouTube video

This is so much better of a video then the entire Dead Flip stream! Thanks for this. That Slimer toy is bad ass, cant wait to see the Prem/LE version, because the Pro one already looks cool. Also helps that a good player was playing, everyone on the DF stream was having a hard time with the pin.

#7566 8 years ago

Talk about a cool bash toy!

#7567 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

» YouTube video

Wow. That slimer toy is so much cooler. This looks to be a very decent pro.

#7568 8 years ago

I went to the Amusement Expo today to see Gary Stern and have a look at GB.

Very very impressive out of the box. It's the most packed "pro" that I can think of.

I only had a couple of games, but here are some thoughts.

- great (or GRETA) looking cabinet.
- Playfield art looks sweet
- staypuft dude moves around in the back corner which is cool
- the shots are all pretty tight, especially the right ramp. I can see some "not so good" players having a whine about that, same as Xmen and Avengers
- the right ramp worked well. Pretty narrow, but it worked well.
- ball diverter on the right of the ramp to guide the ball to drop into the scoop when lit.
- hit the GHOST target to make the Slimer go up and down and you hit him twice to start something. Haha can't remember what
- the two pop up drop targets are like MM trolls in the mode I played.
- code seemed pretty good right out of the box
- dots were very impressive. Extra ball animation was cool
- ummmm think that's about it.

For your viewing pleasure here is an upright iPhone video at 1080p of me playing a multiball. I spanked the left ramp a number of times for a number of super jackpots.

I only got 89m, I saw Zack Sharpe there and it looked like he had 350m up as the GC. You need to play a few games to figure out where the points are.

rd

#7570 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I went to the Amusement Expo today to see Gary Stern and have a look at GB.
Very very impressive out of the box. It's the most packed "pro" that I can think of.
I only had a couple of games, but here are some thoughts.
- great (or GRETA) looking cabinet.
- Playfield art looks sweet
- staypuft dude moves around in the back corner which is cool
- the shots are all pretty tight, especially the right ramp. I can see some "not so good" players having a whine about that, same as Xmen and Avengers
- the right ramp worked well. Pretty narrow, but it worked well.
- ball diverter on the right of the ramp to guide the ball to drop into the scoop when lit.
- hit the GHOST target to make the Slimer go up and down and you hit him twice to start something. Haha can't remember what
- the two pop up drop targets are like MM trolls in the mode I played.
- code seemed pretty good right out of the box
- dots were very impressive. Extra ball animation was cool
- ummmm think that's about it.
For your viewing pleasure here is an upright iPhone video at 1080p of me playing a multiball. I spanked the left ramp a number of times for a number of super jackpots.
I only got 89m, I saw Zack Sharpe there and it looked like he had 350m up as the GC. You need to play a few games to figure out where the points are.
» YouTube video
rd

Awesome write up! Thanks RD

#7571 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Awesome write up! Thanks RD

No sweat.

Honestly, the premium/LE would have to be pretty cool to be better than the Pro.

Pro was pretty sweet.

Fiona said "that plays fast!!" and I guess it did .. I'm pretty used to fast machines.

The other thing I noticed was that the flippers were set a little low out of the box. Only a few MM but it was enough to put my playing off a bit. They should be in line with the lane guide.

rd

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7572 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

No sweat.
Honestly, the premium/LE would have to be pretty cool to be better than the Pro.
Pro was pretty sweet.
Fiona said "that plays fast!!" and I guess it did .. I'm pretty used to fast machines.
The other thing I noticed was that the flippers were set a little low out of the box. Only a few MM but it was enough to put my playing off a bit. They should be in line with the lane guide.
rd

image_(resized).jpeg

Yes as good as the pro looks the prem/le with the awesome extras sld be very very good . Looking fwd to the ramps, subway/balllock , more mobile slimer and holographic ghosts.

#7573 8 years ago

Slimer moving up and down and all around to different shots on the premium is like the magic flying dragon everyone wanted for GOT. There must've been a mixup.

#7574 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The other thing I noticed was that the flippers were set a little low out of the box. Only a few MM but it was enough to put my playing off a bit.

In Keith's Pinball News vid you can see balls often coming to rest on a held up right flipper from the ramp return, so it might very well be on purpose to try and keep the ball moving.

They should be in line with the lane guide.

I used to feel the same way about flipper alignment and ball guides but after a few solid years of playing in tournaments I came to the conclusion that it's just another setup option that can help dial in the right balance for game time, shot difficulty, etc.

#7575 8 years ago

Went to the Vegas Expo today.Got to play with Keith Elwin on his B-Day!.He hit 21 Super Jackpots in a row And ended up with over 2,000,000,000 points.That's Billion folks!

The game is brutal!.Except for Elwin.Right ramp on pro is lame.Premium is the way to go.Only 2 ball hang ups in 6 hours.That wouldn't happen on the Prem or LE.Due to different design.

If you can you afford a Pro.You will still enjoy and get good value for your money!

The game is Awesome.Has that "One more game feel".Code needs work.Still in beta.

All the Sharpe boys were present!

I played for 6 hours straight!

GOT was the least played game!

Pictures for now.Can't post video from iPhone.

I recorded Elwin's monster game!.It is now live.Two posts down #7577.I have more video for a later post........

#7576 8 years ago

Thinking Pinside might need to call Ghostbusters!

#7577 8 years ago

Elwin's 2 Billion game video.21 Super Jackpots in a row.The birthday boy is a machine!

#7578 8 years ago

thanks for all the photos

and I noticed one art issue or change in regards to the lhs in lane guides where it has 2 blank timber circles - wonder if these will be filled in or posts go in ?

ad8b16d40d812144a1e443dbc9e0e247e2af7658.jpeg_(resized).jpgad8b16d40d812144a1e443dbc9e0e247e2af7658.jpeg_(resized).jpg

#7579 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks for all the photos
and I noticed one art issue or change in regards to the lhs in lane guides where it has 2 blank timber circles - wonder if these will be filled in or posts go in ?

ad8b16d40d812144a1e443dbc9e0e247e2af7658.jpeg_(resized).jpg

These are prototype playfields.I will ask this question tomorrow.I will be doing another 6 hour run the GB pro!

Any other questions?.

#7580 8 years ago

Why are there so many super jackpots when mb isnt even going or was never started ? Then once you get mb everything is a super even after one ball is left? Seems kinda strange ?

#7581 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Why are there so many super jackpots when mb isnt even going or was never started ? Then once you get mb everything is a super even after one ball is left? Seems kinda strange ?

Its Beta code. I am sure that will be changed.

#7582 8 years ago

Elwin's final score!

#7583 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

These are prototype playfields.I will ask this question tomorrow.I will be doing another 6 hour run the GB pro!
Any other questions?.

- yes please ask about the timber dots

- can you ask how balls need to be loaded up so I can go and buy a head to replace....

- can you ask if the library mold will be a purchaseable mod for the Pro?

and maybe you know this one as noticed when the ball comes out of the pops on the rhs it seemed to get diverted or hung up on a bracket in the twitch feed, it's to the rhs of the captive ball - like a weird black bracket - can you describe what this is?

8492080f56a98d49eaeb0ffc5c1f9d03ac67bc08.jpeg_(resized).jpg8492080f56a98d49eaeb0ffc5c1f9d03ac67bc08.jpeg_(resized).jpg

#7584 8 years ago

Thanks for all the pics and vids! GB looks amazing to me!

#7585 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

- yes please ask about the timber dots
- can you ask how balls need to be loaded up so I can go and buy a head to replace....
- can you ask if the library mold will be a purchaseable mod for the Pro?
and maybe you know this one as noticed when the ball comes out of the pops on the rhs it seemed to get diverted or hung up on a bracket in the twitch feed, it's to the rhs of the captive ball - like a weird black bracket - can you describe what this is?

8492080f56a98d49eaeb0ffc5c1f9d03ac67bc08.jpeg_(resized).jpg

6 balls in game.
But you will want to replace the 3 captive balls on the left and 1 for the middle.
The captive balls behind the stationary one are horrible with no shine.
They will chew up the Playfield for sure.
So,10 shiny new balls!

Black gate is to prevent SDTM balls coming out of the pops.

#7586 8 years ago

What about these for the the captive balls? Monster green would suit the theme well (from http://modmypin.com/). Perhaps green in the left newton toy, and blue or pink in the center one.

Screen_Shot_2016-03-17_at_6.12.42_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-03-17_at_6.12.42_AM_(resized).png

#7587 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What about these for the the captive balls? Monster green would suit the theme well (from http://modmypin.com/). Perhaps green in the left newton toy, and blue or pink in the center one.
Screen_Shot_2016-03-17_at_6.12.42_AM_(resized).png

Those would work fine.They are not cheap.Metal core and same weight.

#7588 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Too bad you can't buy just one.

#7589 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Too bad you can't buy just one.

#7590 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

6 balls in game.
But you will want to replace the 3 captive balls on the left and 1 for the middle.
The captive balls behind the stationary one are horrible with no shine.
They will chew up the Playfield for sure.
So,10 shiny new balls!
Black gate is to prevent SDTM balls coming out of the pops.

thanks for that, much appreciated

#7591 8 years ago

This is going to be a huge release. To have that much game at the Pro price point, it'll move a ton.

#7592 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It's the most packed "pro" that I can think of.

Certainly got more going on than SMVE, haha (which I bought).

Could be the greatest pro ever.

#7593 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Any other questions?.

Can u ask why the proton wires were cut from production and if the holes in the out lanes will be there in the le production so someone can make use of them?

#7594 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Can u ask why the proton wires were cut from production and if the holes in the out lanes will be there in the le production so someone can make use of them?

Someone already asked about this. They are being used for an aftermarket accessory.

#7595 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

No sweat.
Pro was pretty sweet.
rd

image_(resized).jpeg

Looks like they still didn't fix the spelling mistake on the "Reinforcement" insert.

They said that was only on the prototype playfield, so I guess they are still using the prototype.

#7596 8 years ago

Great video of Keith Elwin, the game really comes alive at this angle, vs the top down view for the deadflip stream . Not sure if this is just his playing style, but the game did seem very focused on the right flipper. I would guess 70-80% of his shots where coming off the right. Not sure how this will impact on the games balance longterm. I know the Premium & Le have the right hand ramp returning to the left flipper, which will probably make a big difference. Also I'm guessing the pepper ghost toy will require shots from the left and may be a crucial aspect of the game (seems too cool a toy not to utilise). The Pro looks to be a full package and not striped down like some recent examples, however I think the premium will have much better balance and flow.

After listening to the THIS FLIPPIN PODCAST interview with John Trudeau I will say I'm a little skeptical of the magnet flippers. The whole interview John seems excited to be talking about the game, particularly the premium/Le subway ramp, which is obviously a feature he is extremely proud of. However when it comes to the magnet flippers, he becomes much more coy and noncommittal. I don't think they are necessary a bad element, it maybe the case that there is still a lot of coding to be done on them. Its seemed like he thought the slings are going to be very polarising, either love them or loath them, I was maybe hedging his bets a little. Either way I wasn't convinced they are a major step forward from listening to the interview. Anyone else get a similar vibe?

#7597 8 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

Great video of Keith Elwin, the game really comes alive at this angle, vs the top down view for the deadflip stream . Not sure if this is just his playing style, but the game did seem very focused on the right flipper. I would guess 70-80% of his shots where coming off the right. Not sure how this will impact on the games balance longterm. I know the Premium & Le have the right hand ramp returning to the left flipper, which will probably make a big difference. Also I'm guessing the pepper ghost toy will require shots from the left and may be a crucial aspect of the game (seems too cool a toy not to utilise). The Pro looks to be a full package and not striped down like some recent examples, however I think the premium will have much better balance and flow.
After listening to the THIS FLIPPIN PODCAST interview with John Trudeau I will say I'm a little skeptical of the magnet flippers. The whole interview John seems excited to be talking about the game, particularly the premium/Le subway ramp, which is obviously a feature he is extremely proud of. However when it comes to the magnet flippers, he becomes much more coy and noncommittal. I don't think they are necessary a bad element, it maybe the case that there is still a lot of coding to be done on them. Its seemed like he thought the slings are going to be very polarising, either love them or loath them, I was maybe hedging his bets a little. Either way I wasn't convinced they are a major step forward from listening to the interview. Anyone else get a similar vibe?

I got that sense as well. I think the code to make the slings work like they want is going to take some time so not sure he knows all they will do when done.

#7598 8 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

Great video of Keith Elwin

I'd imagine that rinsing the ramp strategy will be immediately coded out, maybe a divert to the saucer and then re qualify it. Also some anti cradling code needs adding.

#7599 8 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Also some anti cradling code needs adding.

LOL

#7600 8 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

My guess is that the magnet slings will be polarizing but will add a cool and unique element to the game. I could see some people preferring standard slings because they will assuredly play much different than what people are used to. Traditional slings fire instantly and are snappy, a magnet sling on the other hand will most likely have a significant delay from the time the switch is activated until the magnet is charged up and pulsed. I'm sure it's still in the microseconds but it will still be noticeable and will make the ball more difficult to judge because it will be unexpected. I give Stern a lot of credit for trying something new. I hope it's really cool and can't wait to see it in action.!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/152 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.