IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 360.
#7501 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

This thread is hardly full of complaints

Otherwise we will have a lot of purple slime in the sewers...

#7502 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

This thread is hardly full of complaints. Look at GOT, they had to make a separate "POSITIVE THOUGHTS ONLY" thread because of all the heat that game got.

In fact this thread is the opposite..... I think someone needs to start a "Ghostbusters: Negative thoughts only - No Fanboys" thread.

#7503 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

In fact this thread is the opposite..... I think someone needs to start a "Ghostbusters: Negative thoughts only - No Fanboys" thread.

Haha.....and get down voted off the planet.....

#7504 8 years ago

Anyone care to guess when we will see game play of the premium/le?

A few people sitting on the fence I know until the extras features are shown

#7505 8 years ago

yes, GOT and GB are like opposites. It would almost seem as tho Stern learned their lesson on pushing the envelope on how half ass they can get away with shit. Only the game after GB will tell or not. If they put the time and energy into the next title like they did with this, then you know they might be down a new path. You can really tell the difference between games thrown together with every cost cutting venture they could cram in (aka Mustang, CSI, RS, ect) and ones, where the designer/programmers loved the subject matter and put time and effort into making a complete quality game (LOTR, TSPP)

#7506 8 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Anyone care to guess when we will see game play of the premium/le?
A few people sitting on the fence I know until the extras features are shown

Picket fences suck

#7507 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, GOT and GB are like opposites. It would almost seem as tho Stern learned their lesson on pushing the envelope on how half ass they can get away with shit

Please do explain!

Rob

#7508 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Please do explain!
Rob

GOT looks like a piece of shit.

GB looks like one of the best Sterns ever to come out since TSPP.

#7509 8 years ago

Amen Neo! Totally agree. Got and Gb night and day.

Stern tried to push the envelope there. Or maybe Ritchie? A couple of the shots are terrible.

The dragon on the LE and upper play field is weak.

Pops and upper right are uninspired

But to each his own

#7510 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

But will that matter if it plays like less popular titles like TF and Avengers?

#7511 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If it plays like those two Chuck, it won't matter, you are right

Got has some really cool modes and lighting but I think the code makes it work, the layout is not close to Ritchie's best imo and Trudeau kicked his ass on this one

#7512 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Meh, looks are not everything in a game and everyone knows that. Shadow is ugly, but a great player. ToM looks great, but has a poor wizard mode. I'm happy with my GoT pro and that's all that matters to me.

Rob

#7513 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

#7514 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How many modes are represented in the stream?

I don't think anyone started a level 2 scene, but they might have. 3 scenes "we got one" "spooked librarian" and "who brought the dog" were played several times.

#7515 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Art can prevent me from buying a game. AC/DC and BSD are a couple of examples but not GOT.
Great art is not enough to get me to buy a game but it's a good start.

#7516 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

But how does GB play?

Quoting your observation, so after you play the GB we can look back.

#7517 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Meh, looks are not everything in a game and everyone knows that. Shadow is ugly, but a great player. ToM looks great, but has a poor wizard mode. I'm happy with my GoT pro and that's all that matters to me.
Rob

it's true that looks don't really matter and it will come down to rules. everyone knows i'm a hardcore advocate on not buying based on theme or looks.

Shadow does look shitty and it sat at the bottom of the price barrel most of it's life because of it. Until like 5 years ago, you could still get shadow for $1000-1400. But it took 20 years for it to happen.

I'm just saying if the rules are complete and great like TSPP/LOTR and looks the way it does. It's going to be a quality job all around for stern. Which we have not seen for awhile, tho Metallica looks and plays great. Kiss looks and plays great too, but rules need some tweeking yet. But still one of the better looking sterns to come out.

#7518 8 years ago

Nice....

On each of my pins I always try to find out the best possible beach/bath towel to display and protect glass from scratches and dust. It also provides, to my taste a nice finish and look.

Look what I just bought on ebay to fit my Stay Puff Premium

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7519 8 years ago

My wife, who knows nothing other than the pins I buy and stuff I show her

She looked at the GB pics and said holy crap there is a lot packed in there and it looks incredible.

She looked at GOTLE at Eric's yesterday and said "that's a game I would just walk right by, it's ugly"

Ain't worth much, but it an unbiased opinion

#7520 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I could see some eventual haters for GB's style of play. I love CFTBL but there are people that loathe it and it's the same with a lot of Trudeau's titles.

GOT looks like crap but is very fun.

#7521 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Shadow does look shitty and it sat at the bottom of the price barrel most of it's life because of it. Until like 5 years ago, you could still get shadow for $1000-1400.

I remember those days, they weren't too long ago. It was a dumb theme and fuggo then and that's not changed today. I wouldn't buy one to keep for $1500 today. Everyone just started getting desperate to buy up any Williams DMD. Same deal with Johnny Nutmonic. Gross.

#7522 8 years ago

How it looks is a bonus! With GB, a huge F Ing bonus.

Got layout is just not good. Sorry, that's Ritchie's fault. Can't fix it.

Got has a double whammy but good code

GB is lining up for the trifecta

#7523 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's true that looks don't really matter and it will come down to rules. everyone knows i'm a hardcore advocate on not buying based on theme or looks.
Shadow does look shitty and it sat at the bottom of the price barrel most of it's life because of it. Until like 5 years ago, you could still get shadow for $1000-1400. But it took 20 years for it to happen.
I'm just saying if the rules are complete and great like TSPP/LOTR and looks the way it does. It's going to be a quality job all around for stern. Which we have not seen for awhile, tho Metallica looks and plays great. Kiss looks and plays great too, but rules need some tweeking yet. But still one of the better looking sterns to come out.

Shadow looks beautiful, especially with the Aurich translite. It's an art deco design which works well.

#7524 8 years ago

It makes life easier when your wife approves. Mine said get it,it looks amazing. She liked the premium more, so I got it. One of my easiest pin purchases ever. Thank you Stern.

#7525 8 years ago

One of the coolest things about Ghostbusters is the fact that Stern is doing things that have never been done before on a pin. That is very un-Stern and a welcomed change. Personally I'm tired of the same designs and toy types being used over and over again.

Here are the new items in GB.

1. Double lanes on each side: first for a standard body game
2. Magnetic slings
3. Ramp that drops below playfield + integrated with ball lock and VUK
4. Peppers ghost LCD toy: P2K could count for this but it's a first for a game not based on that platform

Combine those items above with what appears to be a deep objective based ruleset with a dream theme, multiple features / toys, awesome hand drawn artwork, great audio with custom callouts, and a cool layout and you don't just have one of the best Sterns ever made, you have one of the best pinball machines ever made, period.

#7526 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Shadow looks beautiful, especially with the Aurich translite. It's an art deco design which works well.

I agree, Shadow is a great looking game. Theme may have been ruined by the movie, but on face value it's a great looking game. (Aurich translite of course).

#7527 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

3. Ramp that drops below failed + integrated with ball lock and VUK

Damn you auto correct. lol
But we know what you mean.
Well said sir.

#7528 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

One of the coolest things about Ghostbusters is the fact that Stern is doing things that have never been done before on a pin. That is very un-Stern and a welcomed change. Personally I'm tired of the same designs and toy types being used over and over again.
2. Magnetic slings
4. Peppers ghost LCD toy: P2K could count for this but it's a first for a game not based on that platform
Combine those items above with what appears to be a deep objective based ruleset with a dream theme, multiple features / toys, awesome hand drawn artwork, great audio with custom callouts, and a cool layout and you don't just have one of the best Sterns ever made, you have one of the best pinball machines ever made, period.

That's the reasons GB will be my 1st NIB Stern.

#7529 8 years ago

A whole lot of people seem to be complaining about code based on a beta game...It may or may not suck but it did seem like those who were playing it on the stream were having fun. I cannot think of a single Stern game that has left the factory and had awesome code, I just think that due to the hype and amount of people who seem to be buying this thing Stern will be motivated to polish the code. Its easy to abandon the code on stinkers like WWE, they didnt even sell out the LE.

#7530 8 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

But how does GB play?
Quoting your observation, so after you play the GB we can look back.

You can't douse all enthusiasm for a game because we don't know what the code will look like in 2 years. What can we see right now?

1. Great art
2. Cool unique toys/playfield features and lots of them
3. Nothing about the layout that's looks so non-standard that I really need hands on the machine to understand how it feels (Starchild area, WWE ring, etc.). Magna slings is the biggest question mark.

Even without playing games, you can often look at recent Stern reveals and say they look great except the art, the pro is too stripped down, it's a cookie cutter layout, too symmetrical, it's light on toys, it's a crappy theme, the ball is going to spend too much time in that ring, etc. Maybe Ghostbusters can't prove itself as a great game yet, but in my eyes there's almost nothing to be pessimistic about either.

#7531 8 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

So far with regards to this pin I love the artwork it's right up there with KISS in that regard. The gameplay is nothing special at this point but I'll attribute that to code. I wish there was more movie lines for callouts in the game....maybe that will change with code. Being a KISS owner and still waiting for new code of any substance almost a year later. I'm in no rush to purchase a GhostBusters anytime soon as I think it'll be at least Christmas before we get anything good in terms of code. The newly recorded Ernie Hudson callouts sound like they don't fit in with the rest of the game. Too many toys and not enough substance yet. Need to see more....I'm on the fence with a NIB purchase only because of Stern's lackluster, lackadaisical, practically non-existant code updates.

Unless you have to have an LE, I do not see any reason to buy a pin now with so little polished code if you have any reservations.

#7532 8 years ago

Finally looked at some high res photos of the LE i didnt realize slimer was in the hotel and there was broken plates on the front of the cab.

#7533 8 years ago

I think the artwork looks beautiful, but I'm a bit concerned that there may not be much flow or many combos. Each ramp returns to the same flipper, meaning that that it will be mainly looping, vs instead of flow throughout the pin.

#7534 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think the artwork looks beautiful, but I'm a bit concerned that there may not be much flow or many combos. Each ramp returns to the same flipper, meaning that that it will be mainly looping, vs instead of flow throughout the pin.

Get a premium

#7535 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'm concerned that there will be too much flow.

I already have IM and Mustang Boss, I don't want more of the same.

#7536 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

TWD has ramps that return to the same flipper and we love it!

#7538 8 years ago

Not pin related but impressively creepy

#t=337.038142

#7539 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

TWD has ramps that return to the same flipper and we love it!

Tough comparison, TWD is the best pin ever

#7540 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

2. Magnetic slings

Damn it Panzer you make such a convincing argument that I feel like buying a premium to put beside my LE
Stern should hire you to do PR for them!

#7541 8 years ago

More gameplay video. This is over the shoulder instead of straight down which shows the slimmer toy functionality a bit clearer.

#7542 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

A pin thats looks amazing dosn't mean shit if the gameplay isn't there, I'll have to wait and see with GB's but GOT is awesome, fun fast and flow up the ying yang, AC/DC, Tron and so many others follow that model of nothing special to look at but man are they players, we all want every pin to be stunner and have the gameplay to match but if I have to choose I'm taking gameplay everytime. Its amazing to me that GB's is praised to no end based almost entirely on the PF art.

#7543 8 years ago

Is there a regular jackpot in the game?

#7544 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

More gameplay video. This is over the shoulder instead of straight down which shows the slimmer toy functionality a bit clearer.
» YouTube video

Much, Much better! I'm not a fan of top down videos of Pinball games. This looks great! The dots are amazing!!!

#7545 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

A pin thats looks amazing dosn't mean shit if the gameplay isn't there, I'll have to wait and see with GB's but GOT is awesome, fun fast and flow up the ying yang, AC/DC, Tron and so many others follow that model of nothing special to look at but man are they players, we all want every pin to be stunner and have the gameplay to match but if I have to choose I'm taking gameplay everytime. Its amazing to me that GB's is praised to no end based almost entirely on the PF art.

It's praised on more than that.

#7547 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Thats why I said almost, point is with the exception of deadflip and gang no one has played it yet.

#7548 8 years ago

Great view of slimer and its action in the Pro!

#7549 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Thats why I said almost, point is with the exception of deadflip and gang no one has played it yet. I agree that it looks great and from what I've seen plays very nicely too, it just bugs me when people deem a game great or shit based on looks.

#7550 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I agree it's not all about looks.

GOT looks horrible, but the code is great. Playfield is nothing special. but does play smooth. I'm just saying it looks cheap as all hell. Doesn't mean it's not fun. Ironman is one of the cheapest looking and feeling sterns there is, and it can be entertaining to play.

Just saying GB, looks like they actually put some money and effort into the design of this game. Software and gameplay is to early to tell, but so far they are off to a good start.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/151?hl=ball_shine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.