IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 360.
#7451 8 years ago

Vigo shoulda been in there somewhere. might buy a 24x36 poster on ebay and frame it to hang next to the pin.
It's what the entire GB2 was all about.

#7452 8 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

Looks great, thought the code looked pretty fun in its current state. Only nitpick I have is I wish there was a traditional lane change spell out at the bottom of the playfield with all those inlanes , looks like two of them have ghost inserts but the other two don't have one? not sure whats going on with the inline and outlane switches really in the code. Can't wait to play at MGC!

I agredd this is one of my complaints. Why so many inlane if there is not objective for them, only 2 lights for 6 lanes wtf?

#7453 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The Ecto-1a light bar from Ghostbusters 2 would make a much better topper, it has a lot more lights in red, green and yellow and looks much cooler...

Ecto-1a_(resized).png

That would be cool, but Stern's budget for making the topper can't exceed $99.. and this would be a little more. They have to have 400% profit to match the other toppers.

#7454 8 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

According to Dwight Sullivan's strategy guide, the scenes are organized into three ladders. So, it's linear within the three ladders but not completely linear overall.
--Luke
This image got 1 "unsafe" tag and has been hidden automatically, as per your settings. un-hideScenes_(resized).png 1

Let's hope it's not that linear because I had a nice Pinball Magic that I really wanted to keep but had to dump just for this reason. The thought of having to do the exact same modes every game became the ultimate turn off. I knew it was like that going in and thought I could live with it... but until you own such a linear machine you don't realize how tiresome it is.

I'm sure it can't be that bad.

#7455 8 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Let's hope it's not that linear because I had a nice Pinball Magic that I really wanted to keep but had to dump just for this reason. The thought of having to do the exact same modes every game became the ultimate turn off. I knew it was like that going in and thought I could live with it... but until you own such a linear machine you don't realize how tiresome it is.
I'm sure it can't be that bad.

Just change which ladder you start with from game to game.

#7456 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

As much as I like and stick up for GB2.......no....just no.

Same. I heard any interesting take on GB2 that kinda made me rethink the movie...in a bad way though, lol.

So the Ghostbusters save the city / world in the first film. There are thousands of eye witnesses that see the ghosts and Mr. Stay Putt. Now one would think they would be hero's to everyone! Yet they were according to Winston "sued by every city, county and state agency in New York" and everyone at the beginning of the second film thinks they are frauds. What a bunch of BS!

"Yeah, but what a ride" Ray

Ok, I'm done venting about GB2, lol.

#7457 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Same. I heard any interesting take on GB2 that kinda made me rethink the movie...in a bad way though, lol.
So the Ghostbusters save the city / world in the first film. There are thousands of eye witnesses that see the ghosts and Mr. Stay Putt. Now one would think they would be hero's to everyone! Yet they were according to Winston "sued by every city, county and state agency in New York" and everyone at the beginning of the second film thinks they are frauds. What a bunch of BS!

Yeah, they should have started franchising and universe building in the 2nd movie. If any series called for this outside of comic book movies, it's Ghostbusters. Hell, even Venkman was talking about it in the first film!

#7458 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Other than Slimer, what other ghost do you actually see the GBs bust in GB1? They chose to go with more recognizable ghosts from GB 2 rather than some other random generic ghosts on the drops.

It could have been a Janine Melnitz and Louis Tully mode. It doesn't necessarily have to be two ghosts. My point was that it just seems odd to take one aspect of GB2 and toss it into this game without more GB2 references.

#7459 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

There is only one Captain....Captain Neo!

Wrong, Captain Morgan's!

#7460 8 years ago

Other than Slimer, what other ghost do you actually see the GBs bust in GB1? They chose to go with more recognizable ghosts from GB 2 rather than some other random generic ghosts on the drops.

True. GB2 actually showed them busting more ghosts. The Scoleri brothers, and that montage where they captured the ghost jogger and the jewelry ghost.

#7461 8 years ago

No Bobby Brown music? WTF

bobby_ghostbusters_(resized).jpgbobby_ghostbusters_(resized).jpg

bobby_ghostbusters2_(resized).jpgbobby_ghostbusters2_(resized).jpg

#7462 8 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

No Bobby Brown music? WTF

bobby_ghostbusters_(resized).jpgbobby_ghostbusters2_(resized).jpg

Agreed. Will be adding that with Pinball Browser. Perhaps for Scoleri Brothers.

And the Magic song from the first one for the Spook Central or Gozer mode.

#7463 8 years ago

Forgot Donald Trump was in the video! Maybe he's getting an gold-plated LE.

#7464 8 years ago

You could also add "Cleanin up the Town" via pinbrowser to replace the generic piano music that plays during the "We Got One" mode. I'm not complaining about the new music they created, but it would be nice to have the original songs. Maybe Run DMC too. haha

#7465 8 years ago

Agreed. Will be adding that with Pinball Browser.

I'm adding that song to every game in my collection.

#7466 8 years ago

Good Lord, what?
You have something to say?

Fanboys make me facepalm. Thats all. No biggie. Comes with the territory.

#7467 8 years ago

Yeah, they should have started franchising and universe building in the 2nd movie. If any series called for this outside of comic book movies, it's Ghostbusters. Hell, even Venkman was talking about it in the first film!

For sure, the franchise rights alone would have made them rich beyond their wildest dreams.

At today's NIB prices I may need to get a second mortgage to keep buying pins. Gary told me not to worry as everyone has 3 mortgages nowadays.

Ok, I'm done, lol.

#7468 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Fanboys? I was repeating factual information.

#7469 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For sure, the franchise rights alone would have made them rich beyond their wildest dreams.
At today's NIB prices I may need to get a second mortgage to keep buying pins. Gary told me not to worry as everyone has 3 mortgages nowadays.
Ok, I'm done, lol.

But at 19%, you didn't even bargain with the guy!

#7470 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

It could have been a Janine Melnitz and Louis Tully mode. It doesn't necessarily have to be two ghosts. My point was that it just seems odd to take one aspect of GB2 and toss it into this game without more GB2 references.

So hit Janine and Louis with the ball? Its Ghostbusters not "Assault Your Employees" game...

#7471 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Honestly the most ridiculous thing in GB2 is probably the walking Statue of Liberty. If you take that out of the film, its really not all that bad considering is was geared more towards a younger audience ( with the cartoon popularity).

#7472 8 years ago

I think we're all assuming way too much at this point. We don't even know if the code they played yesterday was the newest code. Most often times demos are based on the most recent stable code, not necessarily the latest. It's way, way too early to be jumping off of preorders based on yesterday's stream or to start proclaiming that the game will be repetitive or boring. And that's just speaking for the Pro, you still have new shots and different functionality to consider with the LE/Premium machines.

What we saw was basically a sneak peak of sorts. You can't really judge it until you see the full product.

#7473 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I think we're all assuming way too much at this point.

Nawwww...on pinside?

#7474 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I think we're all assuming way too much at this point. We don't even know if the code they played yesterday was the newest code. Most often times demos are based on the most recent stable code, not necessarily the latest. It's way, way too early to be jumping off of preorders based on yesterday's stream or to start proclaiming that the game will be repetitive or boring. And that's just speaking for the Pro, you still have new shots and different functionality to consider with the LE/Premium machines.
What we saw was basically a sneak peak of sorts. You can't really judge it until you see the full product.

According to the feed Dwight was programming up to 30 seconds before the stream went live ( probably exaggerating). So you are most likely correct.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7475 8 years ago

Dwight JUST came off GOT. As "complete" as GOT was when released, it still got lots of updates after.. and THEN he's got the very next release of GB. There's no way GB is anywhere near completed and definitely not polished.

#7476 8 years ago

Honestly the most ridiculous thing in GB2 is probably the walking Statue of Liberty. If you take that out of the film, its really not all that bad considering is was geared more towards a younger audience ( with the cartoon popularity).

That's my favorite part. I really wanted a Statue of Liberty multi-ball mode on this game with "Higher and Higher" playing.

A Statue of Liberty figure on the left site behind the building trim would compliment the Stay-Puft figure.

#7477 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Nawwww...on pinside?

superman_lois_(resized).jpgsuperman_lois_(resized).jpg

#7478 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Dwight JUST came off GOT. As "complete" as GOT was when released, it still got lots of updates after.. and THEN he's got the very next release of GB. There's no way GB is anywhere near completed and definitely not polished.

Exactly!

#7479 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

fanboy?

Puuuleeeze.

He only has 220 posts in this thread!

#7480 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

fanboy?
Puuuleeeze.
He only has 220 posts in this thread!

Well the previous 2000 posts were all aboot Star Trek...so I feel we're making progress

#7481 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well the previous 2000 posts were all aboot Star Trek...so I feel we're making progress

Star Trek is sooooooo 2015.

#7482 8 years ago

I really wanted a Statue of Liberty multi-ball mode on this game with "Higher and Higher" playing.
A Statue of Liberty figure on the left site behind the building trim would compliment the Stay-Puft figure.

Oh man, I thumbs-upped you on this idea the last time you posted it b/c I was sure you were joking (the "Higher and Higher" reference seemed like the perfect comic touch)!

#7483 8 years ago

LOL, yeah THAT'S the only ridiculous thing about that movie or the original. It's no more ridiculous than Stay Puft.

#7484 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What the heck?! Blasphemy! The next thing you know, someone will poke holes in the plot for The Force Awakens!

#7485 8 years ago

Yup. Just watched a good part of the video from yesterday. Very nicely done.

Love the game. Still very excited. Hoping for the mystery award intro to be shorter or able to be skipped. Also, really hoping the scenes can be random. I'm not a very good player and will only see the first ones!! =)

Looks awesome Stern crew.

Brian

#7486 8 years ago

Re-watching the stream on You Tube. Quality is much better when it's not live. Catching a lot more detail, and the dots looks even better!

#7487 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Oh man, I thumbs-upped you on this idea the last time you posted it b/c I was sure you were joking (the "Higher and Higher" reference seemed like the perfect comic touch)!

Haters gonna hate!

#7488 8 years ago

Everyone keeps mentioning Pinball Browser, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't currently work with the Spike system, right??

Also, for others who are thinking about grabbing the 'magic' song from the first movie, I found from making my custom Ghostbusters machine in 2011 that the song as it appears in the movie doesn't seem to be available. It's like the version in the movie is a remix of the original song or something, but other versions I found were all slightly different. Not only that, but it's not even the main part of the song. What you hear in the movie is only at the END of the original track. I finally had to reconstruct the song by pulling segments of it straight from the movie, but it may be out there somewhere...

#7489 8 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Everyone keeps mentioning Pinball Browser, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't currently work with the Spike system, right??
Also, for others who are thinking about grabbing the 'magic' song from the first movie, I found from making my custom Ghostbusters machine in 2011 that the song as it appears in the movie doesn't seem to be available. It's like the version in the movie is a remix of the original song or something, but other versions I found were all slightly different. Not only that, but it's not even the main part of the song. What you hear in the movie is only at the END of the original song. I finally had to reconstruct the song by pulling segments of it straight from the movie, but it may be out there somewhere...

Yes, Pinball Browser works with Spike.

#7490 8 years ago

Yes, Pinball Browser works with Spike.

Oh, nice! I was not aware of that. I'm going to have a field day with this one then. I have all the tracks ready to go.

#7491 8 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Oh, nice! I was not aware of that. I'm going to have a field day with this one then. I have all the tracks ready to go.

Bobby Brown is about to get a career revival.

#7492 8 years ago

I know i've posted this in the thread weeks ago, but there's some gameplay on my custom at the 2:20 mark in this video...

#7493 8 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Can't wait to see those two games next to each other! You'll have to post that pic!

#7494 8 years ago

Forgot Donald Trump was in the video! Maybe he's getting an gold-plated LE.
» YouTube video

Thanks for the link to the video. Forgot it even existed!

Watching it, am I the only one that sees all the warning signs of an awful, awful, sequel? And not in the "so-bad-it's-good" sense.
Even by 80's standards, extremely cheesy.

It put a big smile on my face. Especially the Trump part.

Thank goodness the pin, is much more GB1 than 2.

#7496 8 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Thanks for the link to the video. Forgot it even existed!
Watching it, am I the only one that sees all the warning signs of an awful, awful, sequel? And not in the "so-bad-it's-good" sense.
Even by 80's standards, extremely cheesy.
It put a big smile on my face. Especially the Trump part.
Thank goodness the pin, is much more GB1 than 2.

It's not as cheesy as the Ray Parker jr. video...with celebrities turning around and saying "Ghostbusters!"

#7497 8 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I know i've posted this in the thread weeks ago, but there's some gameplay on my custom at the 2:20 mark in this video...
» YouTube video

I like the music, sounds, and callouts better in your version than Stern's to be honest. No big deal, thanks to Pinball Browser.. I am going to have fun making my own sound package

#7498 8 years ago

How many modes are represented in the stream?

#7499 8 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Adding an option for linear/random before it gets released to a wider audience will give people fewer things to complain about.

I love your optimism! New here?

#7500 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I love your optimism! New here?

This thread is hardly full of complaints. Look at GOT, they had to make a separate "POSITIVE THOUGHTS ONLY" thread because of all the heat that game got.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/150 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.