IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 360.
#7351 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Have not watched the video yet. But I'm concerned already over the code. It sounds like this code is just OK. I guess it's not done yet but how much will it really change from the basic bones it has now? My only issue with ST is the code and that was 'saved' by Dwight. So maybe I just need to only by games coded by the one LS.
For me, code is more than half the game. I mean I love Met layout and art but if you put different code it might not be so great. Also with TWD the overall package was meh but the code saved it.

Anytime you buy a Stern game that wasn't coded by Lyman you are taking a gamble. Right now the code is much more reminiscent of Sopranos than it is of GOT which isn't a good thing. Don't get me wrong Sopranos is an enjoyable game but I wouldn't put it in the same league as TWD or ACDC or even GOT. It is early though and there is lots of time for the rules to become more nuanced and develop into something awesome. Pretty much every Stern game's code is disappointing out of the gate.

#7352 8 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

According to Dwight Sullivan's strategy guide, the scenes are organized into three ladders. So, it's linear within the three ladders but not completely linear overall.
--Luke
Scenes_(resized).png

I'd like to see him add a single game setting:

MODE PROGRESSION: LINEAR (default)/RANDOM

If you choose RANDOM it would randomize within each tier - so for public library tier you might get "Spooked Librarian" first on some games, "Back Off Man!" on other games.

#7353 8 years ago

It's weird to me that GB2 is included in the game, but in such a small way. GB2 should have its own Ladder... culminating with Vigo battle.

-Runaway Baby stroller
-Trains
-River of slime
-Vigo

#7354 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

People need to stop whining about the topper. It's a must have for me.

I'm in on an LE with deposit down, and I'm 100% out on a topper unless they polish it up.

Love the topper concept, super disappointed with the execution. I'm not a huge topper guy to begin with, but this one is an easy "pass" for me.

#7355 8 years ago

Loved the game play video and can't wait for my Premium.
I do agree and hope Dwight is listening that the modes should be more random.
Playing the same two modes every single game would not be great.
Even Addams Family makes them a bit random.
I got bored and sold my Pinball Magic for this reason alone.

#7356 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

the angle of the flippers. Mustang had the same setup. They are steeper than on other Stern games and combined with the flipper gap
it makes it damn hard to control the ball. Drop catches = a nightmare, along with some other tricks also. Maybe it is only me that are bothered by this, but I enjoy some amount of flipper control and the steep flippers makes it much harder and more random, at least for me.

I dislike the low flippers also, but that's what Allen wrenches are for.

#7357 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's weird to me that GB2 is included in the game, but in such a small way. GB2 should have its own Ladder... culminating with Vigo battle.
-Runaway Baby stroller
-Trains
-River of slime
-Vigo

That would be really cool. Maybe for a code update down the line they could do that. Would also love a moving portrait of Vigo on the playfield.

#7358 8 years ago

People need to stop whining about the topper. It's a must have for me.

I don't think anyone was whining...just expressing an opinion. Not everyone is going to agree with you...some will and some won't. The great thing about this country is we ALL can voice our opinion without fear of oppression or someone calling us a whiner.....then again, maybe just fear of oppression. lol

#7359 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

-Runaway Baby stroller
-Trains
-River of slime
-Vigo

the slimed statue of liberty would have been a great back box side art option, as well as the river of slime.

basically I seem to like slime.

-c

#7360 8 years ago

#7361 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Have not watched the video yet. But I'm concerned already over the code. It sounds like this code is just OK. I guess it's not done yet but how much will it really change from the basic bones it has now? My only issue with ST is the code and that was 'saved' by Dwight. So maybe I just need to only by games coded by the one LS.
For me, code is more than half the game. I mean I love Met layout and art but if you put different code it might not be so great. Also with TWD the overall package was meh but the code saved it.

No reason to have concerns of code. This is Dwight we're talking about, not Lonnie.

Code will be good at launch, great by end of the year.

#7362 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

-Runaway Baby stroller
-Trains
-River of slime
-Vigo

Agreed. I spoke with Dwight about this in a PM, and he said that JT and him decided early to focus mainly on the first movie, and that they couldn't even pack in everything from that one.

Disappointing, but I'm sure they had their reasons.

#7363 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

What happened to the Color DMD/LCD that Stern said they were putting in their next game (GB), does anyone know the story on this?

Not true. They said this year, not necessarily this title.

#7364 8 years ago

A question and an observation:

Does the left loop ever loop around or does it always land in the pops?

The video mode is WAY to long to be so early in the game. It should be something that you don't experience on virtually every game, but rather a satisfying accomplishment for getting deep into the game. YMMV

#7365 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I don't think anyone was whining...just expressing an opinion. Not everyone is going to agree with you...some will and some won't. The great thing about this country is we ALL can voice our opinion without fear of oppression or someone calling us a whiner.....then again, maybe just fear of oppression. lol

It was my "opinion" that some were whining. So I expressed it.

#7366 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

What happened to the Color DMD/LCD that Stern said they were putting in their next game (GB), does anyone know the story on this?
Of course, they didn't put one in and they sold out in hours anyways. As a "manufacturing company for profit", seems like a bad idea for them.

Stern said in January that the LCD was coming later this year, but not on the next game....which turned out to be Ghostbusters.

Most likely Areosmith this summer.....something to boost a weak license.

#7367 8 years ago

No reason to have concerns of code. This is Dwight we're talking about, not Lonnie.
Code will be good at launch, great by end of the year.

Dwight seems very dedicated. And he listens to players for feedback.

I won't buy Lonnie games any more.

#7368 8 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Does the left loop ever loop around or does it always land in the pops?

It's supposed to loop around, but it doesn't consistently. Stern is working on it. Oh wait, what game is this again? haha

#7369 8 years ago

Just watched the feed. The flow looks fantastic and I enjoyed the sounds/callouts. Not an easy game which works well for a home environment. It definitely 'feels' like Ghostbusters.

I'm still in on a Premium but it will be interesting to see the differences once gameplay videos and reviews start popping up.

Looks great so far!

#7370 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not true. They said this year, not necessarily this title.

JT said in the flippin' podcast that they initially were trying to make GB with a color screen but couldn't implement it in time. That makes me wonder if down the road they offer an upgrade like color DMD.

#7371 8 years ago

So far with regards to this pin I love the artwork it's right up there with KISS in that regard. The gameplay is nothing special at this point but I'll attribute that to code. I wish there was more movie lines for callouts in the game....maybe that will change with code. Being a KISS owner and still waiting for new code of any substance almost a year later. I'm in no rush to purchase a GhostBusters anytime soon as I think it'll be at least Christmas before we get anything good in terms of code. The newly recorded Ernie Hudson callouts sound like they don't fit in with the rest of the game. Too many toys and not enough substance yet. Need to see more....I'm on the fence with a NIB purchase only because of Stern's lackluster, lackadaisical, practically non-existant code updates.

#7372 8 years ago

So who thinks adding flourescent colored balls in the captive ball areas would look good?

You could go with all slimer green or mix it up with some of the other colors like pink, blue, orange etc. The artwork on the flyers show flying ghost orbs with trails that have similar colors offered with the flourescent balls.

Maybe try the glow in the dark ones too. However that would require adding a UV spot light somewhere to charge them up.

#7373 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

Plugs into the wiring through the boards. (got topper)

Just a 2 wire power and ground or more wires?

#7374 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

JT said in the flippin' podcast that they initially were trying to make GB with a color screen but couldn't implement it in time. That makes me wonder if down the road they offer an upgrade like color DMD.

I wouldn't be mad about that option for GOT at all haha.

#7375 8 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Just a 2 wire power and ground or more wires?

It's more than 2 wires on the TWD topper.

#7376 8 years ago

Agreed. I spoke with Dwight about this in a PM, and he said that JT and him decided early to focus mainly on the first movie, and that they couldn't even pack in everything from that one.
Disappointing, but I'm sure they had their reasons.

Did you discuss anything else in your PM? I became a Dwight fan after GOT. Almost every time I play it, it's different. I hope and pray some things on GB don't get too repetitive. I keep repeating myself, which is ironic, but I'm serious!

#7377 8 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

So far with regards to this pin I love the artwork it's right up there with KISS in that regard. The gameplay is nothing special at this point but I'll attribute that to code. I wish there was more movie lines for callouts in the game....maybe that will change with code. Being a KISS owner and still waiting for new code of any substance almost a year later. I'm in no rush to purchase a GhostBusters anytime soon as I think it'll be at least Christmas before we get anything good in terms of code. The newly recorded Ernie Hudson callouts sound like they don't fit in with the rest of the game. Too many toys and not enough substance yet. Need to see more....I'm on the fence with a NIB purchase only because of Stern's lackluster, lackadaisical, practically non-existant code updates.

Unless you have to have an LE, I do not see any reason to buy a pin now with so little polished code if you have any reservations.

#7378 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Code didn't save TWD.

It turned it into one of THE best Sterns.

Code is everything.

#7379 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Do you really want to play the same 3 modes every single time you play the game? I don't.

Capcom's Pinball Magic is the first game that comes to mind. Great game, but just too linear. I had two and sold them both. TOM still stays as it's a better looker, but definitely not as deep as PM.

I also hope the modes get mixed up working towards the wizard modes!

Still very excited to get my first Stern. The LE artwork alone makes this game a must have for my collection!

#7380 8 years ago

Did you guys ever think that maybe, just maybe, the linear mode progression is temporary?

Maybe those advanced modes aren't done yet.

Maybe they didn't want to show too much of the code in the first broadcast.

I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy what they showed. Can't wait for my LE.

#7381 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

-Runaway Baby stroller
-Trains
-River of slime
-Vigo

As an LE buyer, I am pretty happy about it. I wasn't much of a GB2 fan.

#7382 8 years ago

I'm guessing that most Pinsiders will rate Ghostbusters as an overall 9.5. I'm sure there will be a lot of 10 votes as soon as voting is allowed on this game. Move on over MM, as you had finally met your match.

#7383 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Did you guys ever think that maybe, just maybe, the linear mode progression is temporary?
Maybe those advanced modes aren't done yet.
Maybe they didn't want to show too much of the code in the first broadcast.

Quite possible, but in case linear was the plan all along I don't see how constructive feedback hurts. Seems like it is a concern for several people. Adding an option for linear/random before it gets released to a wider audience will give people fewer things to complain about.

#7384 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

As an LE buyer, I am pretty happy about it. I wasn't much of a GB2 fan.

GB1 > GB2, but GB2 isn't a dog's breakfast. I guess you "win" since they didn't go for it.

#7385 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Pretty much every Stern game's code is disappointing out of the gate.

Replace 'Stern' in the above sentence with 'Every Pinball Manufacturer' and I think you are on to something.

#7386 8 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I don't see how constructive feedback hurts.

The Alien thread needs more of that.

#7387 8 years ago

Oh, you new here.
I'm the Captain.

There is only one Captain....Captain Neo!

#7388 8 years ago

Look forward to playing it but after watching that video I really hope I am playing it somewhere that I DONT have to hear the sound. I have heard the GB theme music enough to last me a lifetime after that...

#7389 8 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

GB art blows KISS away IMHO!

#7390 8 years ago

As an LE buyer, I think the Green Slime and exclusive art are amazing...
As a Premium buyer, I think the Pro right ramp sucks...
As a Pro buyer, I think those magnet slings will destroy the multiball...

#7391 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

As an Pro buyer, I think those magnet slings will destroy the multiball...

That is gonna be weird. It's gonna be dragging two or three balls at a time. I expect eventually someone may make a mod to put normal sling kickers in there. If the pro can handle it, surely the others can too.

#7392 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I'm guessing that most Pinsiders will rate Ghostbusters as an overall 9.5. I'm sure there will be a lot of 10 votes as soon as voting is allowed on this game. Move on over MM, as you had finally met your match.

The looks awesome which means plenty of people will get to play it on location, which means plenty of people will be rating it 4.5 "Just another boring Stern" to cancel out the "I own this game so it's a perfect 10!" votes.

#7393 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Probably true. I personally don't think rating should be allowed for a certain time period. Let the games break in, the new smell wear off and the code stabilize. Too many people probably won't go back and update a rating even if their opinion changes up or down.

#7394 8 years ago

Looks great, thought the code looked pretty fun in its current state. Only nitpick I have is I wish there was a traditional lane change spell out at the bottom of the playfield with all those inlanes , looks like two of them have ghost inserts but the other two don't have one? not sure whats going on with the inline and outlane switches really in the code. Can't wait to play at MGC!

#7395 8 years ago

I have to apologize I stated incorrectly that Marco's we're bringing two Ghostbuster LE's,they are bringing two Pro's

#7396 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I'd like to see him add a single game setting:
MODE PROGRESSION: LINEAR (default)/RANDOM
If you choose RANDOM it would randomize within each tier - so for public library tier you might get "Spooked Librarian" first on some games, "Back Off Man!" on other games.

Excellent suggestion. I want to see this happen as well, requiring completing modes in a linear fashion would get old, fast. If Star Trek forced you to complete missions in a linear/non-selectable way, I'd probably never have bought it.

#7397 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Excellent suggestion. I want to see this happen as well, requiring completing modes in a linear fashion would get old, fast. If Star Trek forced you to complete missions in a linear/non-selectable way, I'd probably never have bought it.

Currently it looks the same as Trek, its linear inside of the series, just like you cant NERO II before NERO I but you can start different series apart from eachother.

#7398 8 years ago

Would like to see the ability to cancel the mystery award animations with the flippers.

Hit flippers to go directly to the final awards page. Hit them again to immediately collect all awards.

#7399 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

GB1 > GB2, but GB2 isn't a dog's breakfast. I guess you "win" since they didn't go for it.

I would have bought a Vigo based model. I wish there was more from GB2.

Especially a "Higher and Higher" multi-ball with Statue of Liberty dots....

#7400 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Would like to see the ability to cancel the mystery award animations with the flippers.
Hit flippers to go directly to the final awards page, Hit them again to immediately collect all awards.

Yes, the long Tobin Spirit Guide award looks great at first. But might get old.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/148?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.