IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 360.
#7301 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I actually loved the original music in the pin. It sounded great. Also, I laughed so hard when Janosz from Ghostbusters II had a call out on the tilt warning. I didn't watch the whole vid but would love more references to Ghostbusters II including Vigo.

Same here. The original music and a lot of the sounds has a cool classic tone to it and matches well with the theme. Looking forward to seeing and hearing everything else that gets added to the code.

Some Vigo callouts should definitely be in the game. I hope he is at least in the game as one of the ghosts to battle. Also hope we hear the "yooooo", "Rayyyy", "Egonnnn" voice clips from GB2 when a player presses the start button to add players.

#7302 8 years ago

I think the game looks fantastic overall, especially considering it is running beta code. I think I would be happy owning a Pro on this one but will have to see if the ghost holograms and magnet slingshot really add or take away from the game experience. I really like that the Pro has the same LED lighting as the Premium for once and that most of the functional toys (drops, spinner, Slimer, captive balls) are actually there. The big subtraction of course is the crossover ramp. I'm really hoping that the game will be able to treat the left and right ramp ramps as different shots, otherwise I will just flipper pass to the right and take the left ramp shot all day over the much tighter and less satisfying right ramp. I'm anxious to see how the Premium/LE plays in comparison. I think the magnet slings will make or break that model. If they aren't implemented well I could see that pushing more people towards the Pro. The left ramp on the LE/Pre looks awesome but I doubt it will be as fast and smooth as the Pro model and I'm not sure if having Slimer block the left ramp is a good thing or a bad thing? It could be a case like in TWD (Bicycle Girl) where it's more of an annoyance and flow stopper.-or it could be cool like the crane in BDK?-i guess it remains to be seen. Same goes for the Ghost Hologram. I hope the effect is cool and not something like the Crystal ball in WOZ where it largely goes unnoticed.

I like that the game is fast/punishing and has a lot of randomness. As far as the software goes I think it looks promising but it's too early to tell if it's going to be great or not. I think it looks solid at this state of development but I think it could be a step back compared to where GOT was at launch. GB looks to be more of a traditional mode based game reminiscent of many 90's games whereas GOT looked like something totally new and seemingly offered more strategic choices to the player. I'm really hoping that there will be a way to randomize which modes you play vs. always starting on the same ones. The game could be a grind to play if you are always playing the same modes. I'm really hoping there is some good strategy/stacking built in. It looks like the skill shot and Super jackpots can be super lucrative that is for sure! It does kind of seem that Super Jackpot may be overrused though? It should only be a Super if it is super lucrative and difficult to achieve and not handed out like candy. Overall though I can't wait to play one and have a feeling I may be adding a GB (either Pro or Premium) to my line-up at some point in the future. I'm really a sucker for the theme and for great art and I think this game has the toys and layout to back it all up. Fortunately Stern will be building them for a long time so I'll be able to play it a bunch and see where the code ends up before having to make a decision either way.

#7304 8 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I think that people worrying about the right ramp on the pro is silly - that shot is a major shot in the game and, according to the playfield, will be used for PKE, collecting ghosts and uses a RGB arrow insert for whatever else. There is simply no way that Stern would not design that ramp to register a successful shot to it. No way.

I was thinking the same thing about the scoring not being in the code yet. Regardless, it won't change the physics of the shot. A ramp shot that bricks every time and then dribbles down the right side is not going to be a satisfying shot for me. Ever. Especially if it is an important shot that needs to be made often. The game already has several other stop/start opportunities and shots that don't flow, and I like that. But I like speed in ramps to flow.

#7305 8 years ago

Wish the video was a premium. That under playfield ramp is gonna be sick based on how fast the pro ramp is.

#7306 8 years ago

I have an order in on a MMR Standard (which seems to have an ever slipping availability date) and now wondering if I should instead get a GB Premium instead. MMR is a classic and a great game, but GB looks so damn good....

#7307 8 years ago

Watched the video and can say I am excited, but I can see where this will be a real drain monster without a nudge bumper or two in the outlanes. The topper...meh...it fits in with the Pro and Premium. They will need to offer something different for the LE. I'm voting for a ghost trap that is lit up green with an acrylic slimer panel similar (but much larger) to the wizard throne in WOZ.

#7308 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Wish the video was a premium. That under playfield ramp is gonna be sick based on how fast the pro ramp is.

Hit left ramp, engage right flipper. Catch & cradle with left. A LOT.

#7309 8 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

I have an order in on a MMR Standard (which seems to have an ever slipping availability date) and now wondering if I should instead get a GB Premium instead. MMR is a classic and a great game, but GB looks so damn good....

new and advcancement in pinball over old and rehash every time.

Easy decision. Bail on MMr and go get GB!

#7310 8 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Both are good games, and you know the MMR code is tested and true. I love playing that game. With that said, I was about an hour away from ordering an MMR when the GB announcement hit. For whatever reason, I switched and took a chance....but my distributor told me I could always drop the GB order and switch to MMR if I don't care for the game. So other than a bit of wait time...no risk. Curious to know if the GB craziness will delay any of the MMR production at Stern? lol

#7311 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also hope we hear the "yooooo", "Rayyyy", "Egonnnn" voice clips from GB2 when a player presses the start button to add players.

That would be a great callout to start a game. It's actually Do, Ray, Egon which is a reference to Solmization. It's a system vocalists use to assign a syllable to a musical scale such as do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, si. In the Sound of Music, it's also referenced in the song Do, Re, Mi. That makes the joke funnier, doesn't it?

#7312 8 years ago

When will we see a video of the premium/LE game Play?

#7313 8 years ago

People need to stop whining about the topper. It's a must have for me.

#7314 8 years ago

Is the flipper game actually bigger than other Stern games or does it just appear that way? I'd rather see standard flipper gap so the game isn't brutal for inexperienced players.

Rob

#7315 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

How does the flipper gap compare to other Stern games? Is it bigger and if so, by how much? I would rather see a standard flipper gap if it's not the same. Making it bigger just makes the game less friendly to inexperienced players.
Rob

Trudeau commonly has a wider space in his flippers. It's nothing new.

Spacing is up to the designer. There is no "Stern" standard.

#7316 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The topper does look stupid, but I don't really like any toppers. Rather put the money towards making the game so loud it shakes the whole house. haha.

#7317 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The topper does look stupid, but I don't really like any toppers. Rather put the money towards making the game so loud it shakes the whole house. haha.

That's $100 for a sub. No big expense there. Will have that along with topper.

#7318 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also hope we hear the "yooooo", "Rayyyy", "Egonnnn" voice clips from GB2 when a player presses the start button to add players.

It is doe ray egon...

#7319 8 years ago

That's $100 for a sub. No big expense there. Will have that along with topper.

haha. I will be needing a lot more than a sub to do what I want.

#7320 8 years ago

Agree. I'm sure the production models will look even better. It's easily the best interactive topper I've seen to date and one that actually makes sense to have on top of a game considering a light bar rest on top of the actual Ecto-1.

If people do really want a metal / chromed out and more detailed light bar topper someone can always make an aftermarket one and just use the existing topper connection on the game.

#7321 8 years ago

same here AWESOME

#7322 8 years ago

The games looks great and I can't wait for it to arrive.

The topper looks awful, but a topper is something I would never purchase unless it was packed with the game.

#7323 8 years ago

I thought the original music pieces were all great. I liked them more than the GB theme which gets too repetitive. I like that they used different parts of the GB theme and dropped the lyrics though.

I'd almost rather the GB theme get played after the game is over, like Star Trek utilizes the ST theme... just drops it at the end. Not endlessly in the game. It is an ear worm, that is the problem.

But you couldn't have a GB game without it. So the question becomes how to best utilize it.

#7324 8 years ago

I am not concerned about the wide flipper gap by itself. But there is one thing I do not see people talk about so often, and that
is the angle of the flippers. Mustang had the same setup. They are steeper than on other Stern games and combined with the flipper gap
it makes it damn hard to control the ball. Drop catches = a nightmare, along with some other tricks also. Maybe it is only me that are bothered by this, but I enjoy some amount of flipper control and the steep flippers makes it much harder and more random, at least for me.

Maybe not a dealbreaker on it's on but combined with the flipper gap and the metal dobbel innlanes on both sides (my biggest problem with games like metallica and Full Throttle) and possibly the magnetic slings, also. It could be just too much on one game for me.

I am still really interested in this machine,(amazing graphics and layout) but I think it is wise to at least see more of how the LE/Premium plays before making a purchase

#7325 8 years ago

Those are valid concerns. The only thing that would stop me from buying a premium versus a pro is how well or bad the magnetic slings are implemented. Stern needs to nail the code / audio effects for the magnetic slings or that feature alone could make people avoid the premium / LE all together. With everything else looking great on the game and all of the effort put into it I would hope Stern thinks that the magnetic slings are a great feature.

#7326 8 years ago

Based on those leaked photos - which were of the LE playfield, and how many months ago those photos have been around, they've been testing this for some time, or at least the LE.

Perhaps, if Trudeau is correct in saying he designed the LE first then makes the Pro, the Pro is the version that has been around the least.

So that leaves me pretty confident in the LE and that version will play the best.

#7327 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Based on those leaked photos - which were of the LE playfield, and how many months ago those photos have been around, they've been testing this for some time, or at least the LE.
Perhaps, if Trudeau is correct in saying he designed the LE first then makes the Pro, the Pro is the version that has been around the least.
So that leaves me pretty confident in the LE and that version will play the best.

Yup, in the "Flippin Podcast" interview he said it's easier to take out of a design rather then build in. If Stern tested the subway ramp 300,000 times I'm sure they have done a lot of testing with the magnetic slings.

#7328 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, in the "Flippin Podcast" interview he said it's easier to take out of a design rather then build in. If Stern tested the subway ramp 300,000 times I'm sure they have done a lot of testing with the magnetic slings.

Jody also mentioned on C2C that the slings were the first part of the game built, and tested. So they obviously liked them, they weren't tacked on at the end, they felt good putting them in the game. Can't wait to see them.

#7329 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If people do really want a metal / chromed out and more detailed light bar topper someone can always make an aftermarket one and just use the existing topper connection on the game.

Great...now we'll have refinery edition toppers.

Do I send cash now or later?

#7330 8 years ago

If you're allowed to voice your opinion on the topper why cant others?

#7331 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I agree.

#7332 8 years ago

touchee

#7333 8 years ago

I think that we may all look for that "perfect game", with of course, all our personal differences.
This one looks to me to be one of the games to qualify!

No complaints......only joyous anticipation!

#7334 8 years ago

Oh, you new here.

I'm the Captain.

#7335 8 years ago

You should probably spell that right if you want to use it as a jab.

#7336 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Can anyone who bought a recent stern topper comment on what the connector looks like? I'm wondering if it's just a simple on or off signal or something more complicated that would require some circuitry to reverse engineer cpu commands from the game.

I agree the topper theme of a light bar is perfect but the design of the one looked a little too lacking in detail. I don't think it would be too hard to make your own that's more detailed and authentic for the same cost as the stern version. The interactivity is what may be trickier if its more than just an on or off command.

#7337 8 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Can anyone who bought a recent stern topper comment on what the connector looks like? I'm wondering if it's just a simple on or off signal or something more complicated that would require some circuitry to reverse engineer cpu commands from the game.
I agree the topper theme of a light bar is perfect but the design of the one looked a little too lacking in detail. I don't think it would be too hard to make your own that's more detailed and authentic for the same cost as the stern version. The interactivity is what may be trickier if its more than just an on or off command.

Plugs into the wiring through the boards. (got topper)

#7338 8 years ago

Touché touché.

#7339 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I think that we may all look for that "perfect game", with of course, all our personal differences.
This one looks to me to be one of the games to qualify!
No complaints......only joyous anticipation!

Same here. I haven't been this excited about a pin since WOZ. The game really stands out compared to the last few Sterns. It's easy to see that Stern has stepped up the toy, feature, artwork and rules offering with this game.

#7340 8 years ago

I like how the topper is full width, I like the lights and interactivity, but it does look pretty cheesy otherwise. I think it is just the gray plastic that makes it look cheap/70's ish. Fake chrome the siren piece, (or better yet metal, but probably not in the budget), do a pebbled/textured surface on the bottom gray to take away the shiny there, maybe add a small Ecto1 license plate as an emblem in the middle?

That being said, the only negatives I took away from the stream was the topper (optional anyway) and the linearness of the scene modes. Hopefully there will be an option in the game settings to randomize the scene order. The pop bumper sound did get annoying, but they will either change it during code development or you could replace it with pinbrowser aftermarket.

All in all, really enjoyed it. Excited to play one in person.

#7341 8 years ago

Have not watched the video yet. But I'm concerned already over the code. It sounds like this code is just OK. I guess it's not done yet but how much will it really change from the basic bones it has now? My only issue with ST is the code and that was 'saved' by Dwight. So maybe I just need to only by games coded by the one LS.

For me, code is more than half the game. I mean I love Met layout and art but if you put different code it might not be so great. Also with TWD the overall package was meh but the code saved it.

#7342 8 years ago

I did it to amuse myself. Glad it amused you too.

#7343 8 years ago

Again, if anyone is dropping out of their LE purchase after seeing the stream last night, please let me know! I would love to own one

#7344 8 years ago

The Ecto-1 cab art looked lazy and stupid without the topper. I mean, its like JT couldn't fully move on from his recent car fetish (Mustang). The Ghostbusters name should have been central left to right with the no ghost, maybe other art from the franchise? With topper, the combination looks HILLARIOUS.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree. I'm sure the production models will look even better. It's easily the best interactive topper I've seen to date and one that actually makes sense to have on top of a game considering a light bar rest on top of the actual Ecto-1.

#7345 8 years ago

The Ecto-1 cab art looked lazy and stupid without the topper. I mean, its like JT couldn't fully move on from his recent car fetish (Mustang). The Ghostbusters name should have been central left to right with the no ghost, maybe other art from the franchise? With topper, the combination looks HILLARIOUS.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

#7346 8 years ago

What happened to the Color DMD/LCD that Stern said they were putting in their next game (GB), does anyone know the story on this?

Of course, they didn't put one in and they sold out in hours anyways. As a "manufacturing company for profit", seems like a bad idea for them.

#7347 8 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

You'll never satisfy everyone. Some people didn't want a logo on the cab.

#7348 8 years ago

I'd like to see how the color changing Stay Puft toy is integrated into play. Did anyone get that going during the gameplay video (I haven't watched the whole stream yet)?

--Luke

#7349 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Have not watched the video yet. But I'm concerned already over the code. It sounds like this code is just OK. I guess it's not done yet but how much will it really change from the basic bones it has now? My only issue with ST is the code and that was 'saved' by Dwight. So maybe I just need to only by games coded by the one LS.
For me, code is more than half the game. I mean I love Met layout and art but if you put different code it might not be so great. Also with TWD the overall package was meh but the code saved it.

Yeah, it is just okay at the moment, but it was a prototype machine with alpha code in it. I thought the music, sounds (most of them) and the modes that were shown looked fun. The players didn't get very deep into the game though, only a fraction of the modes were actually shown. Unfortunately the ones that were shown were shown multiple times as the "scenes" are in a fixed order. Hopefully that will change.

#7350 8 years ago

According to Dwight Sullivan's strategy guide, the scenes are organized into three ladders. So, it's linear within the three ladders but not completely linear overall.

--Luke

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/147?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.