IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 360.
#7001 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I have an LE on reserve, but I look at it for what it is, and that is an expensive toy. Anyone buying for investment purposes needs to come see me, as I have several more "investment opportunities" you might be interested in! lol Yes, they may increase in value....and again they may not, but I think the vast majority of us really don't care or lay awake at night trying to figure out which model we should have bought. With the exception of those buying to place on route to make a living....the rest buy what we like and can afford. At the price point for anything this expensive, and it doesn't matter which model that is, it is just as I said, an expensive toy. Some more expensive than others. If a person paid more to one dealer than another...again who cares? It was worth what they paid to that person at that time. I placed my deposit knowing I could downgrade or withdraw once we saw some of the gameplay, so I really don't think I will end up with something that is horrible. We pay to be occupied and entertained....it's what we do. It's why we spend thousands for football season tickets(which by the way is also a gamble you will have a decent season), or hundreds for concert tickets, or $200 for a meal we could have cooked at home for $40. It amazes me how we have 140 pages on the topic of a simple pinball game that has single handedly aligned all of the "pinball planets" and brought great fortune from the "pinball gods". Imagine what we could do with 140 pages of discussion on real topics such as hunger, homelessness, spousal abuse, etc. Perspective....just sayin............

Really?
You're lead off braggin about buying an le and "downgrading" then bitch about what "we" can do with wasted time the internet.
Imagine what you could do with 7 grand instead of buying a toy.

#7002 8 years ago

that gameplay video can't come fast enough!!!

#7003 8 years ago
Quoted from renodakota:

Really?
You're lead off braggin about buying an le and "downgrading" then bitch about what "we" can do with wasted time the internet.

Wasn't bragging. Was merely trying to put it into perspective as to what it is....a toy, not an investment or a "holy grail". Doesn't matter what the model, I just happened to pick an LE because of personal preference. I wasn't "bitching" as you put it...just merely stating a point. I made no judgment, and I used the term "we"......I lump myself into the masses who pay to be entertained. It was just a perspective commentary. And to your last point, I know what 7 grand will do. I give 3 times that amount every year to a couple of different causes, and I devoted 25 years of my life working 2 full-time careers helping others. And while I am proud of my service, I'm sure there are those here who give much more from their lives and their wallet, and my hat is off to them. God please forgive me for introducing a serious topic into this fantasy world we have here........lol

#7004 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

please forgive me for introducing a serious topic into this fantasy world we have here........lol

No Seriousness allowed! Thats for the Basement! HA!

#7005 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Wasn't bragging. Was merely trying to put it into perspective as to what it is....a toy, not an investment or a "holy grail". Doesn't matter what the model, I just happened to pick an LE because of personal preference. I wasn't "bitching" as you put it...just merely stating a point. I made no judgment, and I used the term "we"......I lump myself into the masses who pay to be entertained. It was just a perspective commentary. And to your last point, I know what 7 grand will do. I give 3 times that amount every year to a couple of different causes, and I devoted 25 years of my life working 2 full-time careers helping others. And while I am proud of my service, I'm sure there are those here who give much more from their lives and their wallet, and my hat is off to them. God please forgive me for introducing a serious topic into this fantasy world we have here........lol

Its a thread about a pinball. An entertainment device (as you noted). Its supposed to be a 'fantasy world'. Its an escape. All of us give our money and ourselves to help others...

Whats with the drama?

Maybe you should go to a spousal abuse forum and tell them to lighten up!

#7006 8 years ago
Quoted from renodakota:

Really?

You're a VERY smart man...and these are things that have been making me take a long hard look at my life lately.

#7007 8 years ago

Ordering a Premium today! Will be my first NIB pin, and first Stern. I can't wait!

#7008 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Its a thread about a pinball. An entertainment device (as you noted). Its supposed to be a 'fantasy world'. Its an escape. All of us give our money and ourselves to help others...
Whats with the drama?
Maybe you should go to a spousal abuse forum and tell them to lighten up!

Hahaha...yes I am definitely abused by my spouse. lol For the record, I wasn't trying to change the topic, I was just trying to put some perspective on all of the back and forth argument over which model folks bought, would buy, would never buy, and who was crazy for paying too much, or buying without playing, etc...... I was merely saying "to each his own", and none of that matters to anyone except the person who is directly affected in each case. I love discussing concepts and machines, but really don't care for all of the back and forth about who is stupid for doing what. Yep, it's a free country and I can go elsewhere if I don't like it......lol

#7009 8 years ago
Quoted from renodakota:

I hate the internet.

Im going to imagine what else I could do with $7K, versus buying a toy, as you suggested:

1) Purchase a weekends worth of cocaine

2) One weekend with a high end hooker

3) 7 day vacation at a 4 star resort in Maui

4) Invest in real estate by purchasing a beautiful home in Flint, Michigan for a great price

5) Buy a 2003 Honda Civic with 175,000 miles so I can ghost ride it off a cliff, while recording it, so I can score YouTube traffic

6) Go to Vegas and bet $7K on black, because Wesley Snipes suggested to always bet on black. Take potential earnings, do not pay taxes on them, and go to Federal Prison

7) Spend $7,000 on a degree to become a Financial Advisor at Trump University so I can give my great financial advice to friends, family, and people on Pinside.

As you can see, for someone like me- $7K is definitely best spent on a pinball machine.

#7010 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

6) Go to Vegas and bet $7K on black, because Wesley Snipes suggested to always bet on black. Take potential earnings, do not pay taxes on them, and go to Federal Prison

I did that at Wynn, told the dealer I was doing it because of Wesley Snipes, lost $20 ....

#7011 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Im going to imagine what else I could do with $7K, versus buying a toy, as you suggested:
4) Invest in real estate by purchasing a beautiful home in Flint, Michigan for a great price
5) Buy a 2003 Honda Civic with 175,000 miles so I can ghost ride it off a cliff, while recording it, so I can score YouTube traffic
7) Spend $7,000 on a degree to become a Financial Advisor at Trump University so I can give my great financial advice to friends, family, and people on Pinside.
As you can see, for someone like me- $7K is definitely best spent on a pinball machine.

Love it! Maybe we should start a thread...."Things I could do with 7K, other than buying a GB Pin"......I'm betting it would be a hoot!

#7012 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

#2 to me sounds better than a pinball machine.

#7013 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

#2 to me sounds better than a pinball machine.

For 7 grand, you better get the "Girlfriend" experience.

#7014 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

$7000 buys a quarter key

Thats 8.8 oz

You'd die after the first 0.5 oz (4x 8-balls)... Likely while talking 100 mph about GBLE @ 7am

#7015 8 years ago

Trip to Disney World with the family

#7016 8 years ago

Trip to Disney World with a high end hooker

#7017 8 years ago
Quoted from renodakota:

Really?
You're lead off braggin about buying an le and "downgrading" then bitch about what "we" can do.
I hate the internet.

I do too, but I like Manimal's point.

#7018 8 years ago

dupe, d'oh

#7019 8 years ago

Haha Stern needs to start that twitch stream ASAP this thread has gone of the rails... And frankly it's hilarious !!

#7020 8 years ago

Congrats on your purchase

#7021 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

$7000 buys a quarter key

Or you could get over a pound or two of the green.

640x364_(resized).jpg640x364_(resized).jpg

#7022 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Or you could get over a pound or two of the green.

640x364_(resized).jpg

Hey kief on topic

#7023 8 years ago

If Stern would install a coindoor Fleshlight with shaker interaction, I'd be sold!

#7024 8 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

If Stern would install a coindoor Fleshlight with shaker interaction, I'd be sold!

This would be the look of many Pinsiders faces then

tumblr_mzkjs8R2WC1sgtd6bo1_400.giftumblr_mzkjs8R2WC1sgtd6bo1_400.gif

#7025 8 years ago

it only took 140 pages, but this thread finally got good!!!!!!

#7026 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Hey kief on topic

We can grind our way back on topic.

#7027 8 years ago

Dupe, but I swear I didn't hit it twice.

#7028 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Dupe, but I swear I didn't hit it twice.

Yeah I logged a bug of how to recreate at least one of the double post issues but not heard anything. It is getting to ridiculous levels... And posting this slung me to page 138? But the post box didn't clear. This is what I reported before. Hopefully they figure it out.

#7029 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Yeah I logged a bug of how to recreate at least one of the double post issues but not heard anything. It is getting to ridiculous levels... And posting this slung me to page 138? But the post box didn't clear. This is what I reported before. Hopefully they figure it out.

That's what has been happening to me the last few weeks. Slung back 3 or 4 pages with the post box not clearing. I have learned not to hit submit a second time. If I close the tab and re-open Pinside, I see my post, and I avoid the duplicate. I think people see the post box still and hit submit again.

#7030 8 years ago

Question. For those who have pre-ordered, will your distributor refund your deposit if you ask? If so, is there a cut-off date?

#7031 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I wrote this same thing then decided not to post, you only made one mistake with 7K, non stepped on coke and one night with 2 high end ladies of the evening, I've done that and its a memory that will last a lifetime, so if my 2 choices are the above or a GB's Pre/LE then I'm a lucky fella.

#7032 8 years ago

GB strategy guide up on Stern's Facebook page!

#7035 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Wow loving these rules already !!!

Same here - one of the reasons I love The Shadow so much are the selectable skill shots and video modes that it offers, so this is going to be a great addition to my small collection.. can't wait !

#7036 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Question. For those who have pre-ordered, will your distributor refund your deposit if you ask? If so, is there a cut-off date?

Yes, deposit is fully refundable up to the time they ask for full payment.

#7037 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I did that at Wynn, told the dealer I was doing it because of Wesley Snipes, lost $20 ....

Think how many times a day those poor roulette dealers hear Passenger 57 quotes. I'm sure they feel a touch of joy when red comes up.

#7038 8 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Damn I'm an idiot LOL

#7039 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Same here - one of the reasons I love The Shadow so much are the selectable skill shots and video modes that it offers, so this is going to be a great addition to my small collection.. can't wait !

Yea shadow great game just sold one so this will take its place

#7040 8 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

In that case, there is no risk in pre-ordering.

Do all the distributors offer this?

#7041 8 years ago

When I think about the money I have spent in my life on...

- Tits and ass
- Alcohol
- Drugs
- Food
- Sports Cars

Your logic about the cost of buying a sight unseen LE pinball machine dissolves into the mist of my dying brain cells.

#7042 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Unless you sign something that says otherwise, I don't think there is a legal way for any distro to keep a deposit for a game you do not want. Unless of course the transaction is complete (they have their money, you have your game)

#7043 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

In that case, there is no risk in pre-ordering.

I'm not sure, but being able to get a refund was the reason I preordered.

#7044 8 years ago

The ruleset sounds so damn good and deep! A true objective based ruleset too. I like that the scenes cannot be stacked, that would takeaway from the fun and challenge of the game in my opinion (LOTR doesn't allow it either).

#7045 8 years ago

Nice, lot of scenes. Like ST but different.

#7046 8 years ago

2_(resized).jpg2_(resized).jpg

#7047 8 years ago

3_(resized).jpg3_(resized).jpg

#7048 8 years ago

4_(resized).jpg4_(resized).jpg

#7049 8 years ago

5_(resized).jpg5_(resized).jpg

#7050 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Think how many times a day those poor roulette dealers hear Passenger 57 quotes. I'm sure they feel a touch of joy when red comes up.

They would feel a touch of joy 53.63% of the time, counting the times it lands on green, as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/141?hl=silver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.