IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 360.
#6801 8 years ago

Wait, isn't the whole point of slingshots their predictability of the ball physics for a skilled player? If you introduce random behavior in this, then suddenly pinball is a game of chance, not skill.

#6802 8 years ago

Nothing on the podcast about the deleted streams toy?

#6803 8 years ago

One thing I noticed were the "no ghost" inserts on all the shots. Maybe they will program a mode where making a shot not for he mode hurts you!
I think some more negative rules will help long term playability. Like RZ has.
Can't wait to see in person!
Fortytwo.

#6804 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

This will be such an awesome feature. The unpredictability of the ball jetting around will really keep people on their toes and really change the dynamic of slings. What a great idea to incorporate the ghost in the slings by having them interact with the player-should be fun.

How bout when the ball is going STM and a ghost/magnet drags it back?

#6805 8 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Wait, isn't the whole point of slingshots their predictability of the ball physics for a skilled player? If you introduce random behavior in this, then suddenly pinball is a game of chance, not skill.

The point of slingshots is not predictability.

#6806 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Yes, I've have a slingshot bounce a ball into the opposite out lain on many occasions.

The flippers are predictable but the slings not so much.

#6807 8 years ago

No not really, but after maaaany hours put into a machine, one learns how to handle the speed, the angles, the bounces and predict the trajectory and use it to your advantage. Will you be able to do it with magnetic slings also? Just brainstorming here.

#6808 8 years ago

Magnets, Spinning Disc, Poppers, Sling-Shots, Bounce-Back diverters, Moving Targets, Etc. all make the game unpredictable and a game of chance. Players just need to learn strategies to conquer those features and integrate into gameplay.

#6809 8 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

No not really, but after maaaany hours put into a machine, one learns how to handle the speed, the angles, the bounces and predict the trajectory and use it to your advantage. Will you be able to do it with magnetic slings also? Just brainstorming here.

This is a different kind of game. I'm glad for some original thinking.

Think of Addams Family. Does "The Power" magnets make it unplayable?

#6810 8 years ago

Well maybe not, I don't like them though. That's another issue.

#6811 8 years ago

This is a different kind of game. I'm glad for some original thinking.
Think of Addams Family. Does "The Power" magnets make it unplayable?

It doesn't make it unplayable but the magnets in TAF are also predictable.

The magnet slings are what I am most interested in seeing as it is unlike anything we have seen before in pinball, being that close to the flippers could make for some really wild ball motion. While there is randomness to pinball there is also an element of control, wether perceived or real, that helps make a game enjoyable. After playing some epic games of WOZ only to lose a ball or 2 from the witch magnets I sometimes have to just walk away smh.

It really sounds like the slings could be an incredibly special feature, but it could also be one of the most frustrating features implemented in a pinball machine if it causes cheap drain after drain. Magnet slings with Trudeau gapped flippers could make for some really brutal games.
That said, there is a lot of amazing stuff packed into the frame of a regular body pin.

#6812 8 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

predictable slingshots??? that's an oxymoron...

Pinball always has random in it.. the key is the balance of it.

#6813 8 years ago

Will we see those mysterious magnet-o-slings in the stream 2morrow or are they "just" playing the pro Version? Does anyone Know? @tpf there Will be pros only..

#6814 8 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Will we see those mysterious magnet-o-slings in the stream 2morrow or are they "just" playing the pro Version? Does anyone Know? @tpf there Will be pros only..

They'll only be playing the Pro version on the stream tomorrow, so no magnetic sling footage unfortunately.

#6815 8 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

I am not sure what pinball machines you are playing, but I have never played one that has predictable slings unless they are broken and not firing, or they are static slings.

#6816 8 years ago

Stern should do a quick video like they did for GOT upper PF, for the sling magnets as well as the goggle ghost and subway ramp.

#6817 8 years ago

what are gapped flippers

#6818 8 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

what are gapped flippers

The gap between the flippers is a little wider then standard flipper. I think.

#6819 8 years ago

I think if they can somewhat replicate a normal sling and then change it for certain modes/features it will be great. While not "predicatbale" they do generally fire in a certain direction based on where on the sling you hit.

#6820 8 years ago

I wish we could have seen where the dog cad pic was going to go... Looked like it had moving parts too

#6821 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I wish we could have seen where the dog cad pic was going to go... Looked like it had moving parts too

Is it maybe one of the animations for the ecto goggles?

#6822 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

It will likely be for the Ecto Goggles hologram/peppers ghost image, or degraded to DMD dots

#6823 8 years ago

Yea but not sure they would use CAD for that?

#6824 8 years ago

The slings kind of worry me.

They're a big unknown. An Addams Family-like "The Power" would've been fine.

I just don't know if it's needed. Sight unseen, I'd like regular slings on the LE I have ordered.

#6825 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yea but not sure they would use CAD for that?

I think the Ecto goggles will look like a 3D hologram, not just a floating 2D screen, so having a 3D model probably adds to that depth.

That's my guess at least!

#6826 8 years ago

+1

#6827 8 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

I think the Ecto goggles will look like a 3D hologram, not just a floating 2D screen, so having a 3D model probably adds to that depth.
That's my guess at least!

think Pin2k images... because that's basically what it is.

#6828 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

"Ghostbusters" first rating on pinside is from......

For those of us who understand and appreciate Centerflank's humor, that's hysterical.

#6829 8 years ago

In the video the rear legs and butt moved up and down and switched from front to side view... I would say I'm 90% sure it was mechanical that didn't make the cut

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6830 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

In the video the rear legs and butt moved up and down and switched from front to side view... I would say I'm 90% sure it was mechanical that didn't make the cut

image_(resized).jpg

I'm thinking it's just a Ecto Glasses hologram.

#6831 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

For those of us who understand and appreciate Centerflank's humor, that's hysterical.

Anyone got a link to that hysterical video about a BBH welcome party? The "Best Stern ever" is a registered BBH trademark.

#6832 8 years ago

Nothing like a little "Terror Dog Butt Shake" for your Monday morning.

terror-dog-butt-shake.gifterror-dog-butt-shake.gif

#6833 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Nothing like a little Terror Dog Butt Shake for your Monday morning.
terror-dog-butt-shake.gif

Best post ever!!!

#6834 8 years ago

animated gifs work again? About time!

#6835 8 years ago

I tell you what, I watch GB1 & 2 this weekend for old times sake. GB1 has to be one of the best movies ever, GB2 not so much LOL

#6836 8 years ago

Ghostbusters The Video Game is awesome though.

Lots of bugs, but the script and gameplay is great. Written by Ramis and Aykroyd.

#6837 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

image_(resized).jpg

It would be a weird choice on their part to highlight something so significant that wasn't going to be making it into the final game. Having said that, if it is for the ecto-goggles, that seems like a lot of detail for a 2 inch hologram. . .

#6838 8 years ago

That's probably a 3D model used to make custom dmd animations.

They did the same thing with Gene in Kiss and some of the dragon shots in GOT.

#6839 8 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

It would be a weird choice on their part to highlight something so significant that wasn't going to be making it into the final game. Having said that, if it is for the ecto-goggles, that seems like a lot of detail for a 2 inch hologram. . .

I also think it is for the hologram. You can see the Ecto Goggle disc outlined underneath it.

#6840 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Who posts an image of trypophobia after a person explains he suffers from trypophobia. MY GOD!!! have people no fucking respect.

Heh, why admit on a forum you have some wacky phobia? Of COURSE someone will come along and post a photo of what you're afraid of. That's how forums work.

Most of those images seen by googling trypophobia are just lotus flowers photoshopped on to stuff anyway.

#6841 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I also think it is for the hologram. You can see the Ecto Google disc outlined underneath it.

Good call on the disk outline. Missed that

#6842 8 years ago

That isnt CAD, that's a rigged model inside Maya . Unlike cad, it's not made for accuracy but for animation/ VFX . That's 1000% for the dmd or octoglasses

#6843 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Heh, why admit on a forum you have some wacky phobia? Of COURSE someone will come along and post a photo of what you're afraid of. That's how forums work.

I have a phobia of large breasts...

#6844 8 years ago

I wonder if the magnets could have a mode or something were it helps you.

Like it grabs it and stalls the ball just to drop it to your flipper. I guess it matters where the magnet is placed.

but I'm really excited to play this game.

#6845 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I have a phobia of large breasts...

What's that you say???
You WANT Elvira 3 to be made ASAP?
10-4 good buddy!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6846 8 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I wonder if the magnets could have a mode or something were it helps you.
Like it grabs it and stalls the ball just to drop it to your flipper. I guess it matters where the magnet is placed.
but I'm really excited to play this game.

He said it does this in the podcast.

#6847 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Most of those images seen by googling trypophobia are just lotus flowers photoshopped on to stuff anyway.

I think he may have left?

#6848 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

image_(resized).jpg

They were just playing with the model to be silly in the video, that is all. Listen to the music played when they show that segment.

There is no way they would make that into an actual toy. I would be cool but not going to happen.

#6849 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

He said it does this in the podcast.

He also said they could play "keep away" where they could bounce the ball from one sling to another. If they coupled that with some cool audio of the ghosts taunting you that could be a cool effect.

The plastics above the sling show ghosts holding balls so I think the vibe they are going for is that the slings are haunted and controlled by ghosts. Sometimes the ghosts help you by holding ball and deopping it to your flipper and sometimes to mess with you. I'm looking forward to see they actually play.

#6850 8 years ago

What are the odds this is coded soon after release ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/137?hl=ball_shine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.