IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 360.
#6651 8 years ago

Does anyone know how the captive ball on he left works? Has this design been done on any other pins?

#6652 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think so too.. that Rick Moranis drawing has a GTA V feel to it

SPOT ON.

#6653 8 years ago
Quoted from Flack:

Does anyone know how the captive ball on he left works? Has this design been done on any other pins?

From the score card "Moving the 3 captive balls within the allotted time awards all lit features".

I read into this that behind the newton ball are 3 additional balls. If you imagine all off them are resting on the newton ball when you hit it the top one will get transfered up and around the curve and then held by a gate... your goal is to transfer all 3. I imagine the gate is game controlled to release balls back onto the newton ball.

I think this has been other games but can't recall any names right now.

#6654 8 years ago

duplicate... argh

#6655 8 years ago

It won't work because of the sling magnets but this game would have been perfect for a power ball (white) mixed in. (Hasn't been done since Avatar) - It could be used as a ghost or spirit ball flying around with different scoring and game play.

Gotta go. Gary Stern is calling me.

#6656 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I wonder if they have an Ecto-1 light bar topper in the works.
That's the first thing I'm going after if I get this game.

I'd assume so

#6657 8 years ago

>Can anybody PM me with a place that is taking deposits on a LE.
Thanks ahead of time, This is going to be my first NIB

I was actually able to secure 2 GB LE units just today, here in Texas.. Although I purchased through a different Stern dealer, Joystix Amusements in Houston, may have a few allocations left, at this point.. Ask for Charlie; Tell him David Putsch sent you..

#6658 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just looked at the GB images, if I'm counting correctly (not counting any stand up targets, or the moving ghost) then GB has 10 shots.
I looked at my other 2-flipper games to see what is a normal shot count:
Met pro 10
PotC 9 (this is counting the 2 mini side loops)
IM 7
AcDc 6 (I am counting TNT as one shot)
I don't count the stand up targets (like Drone/Pirate targets or side targets like AC-DC stand ups).
I can't tell what's going on with this shot under the ghost to the right of the ramp, but I counted that as a shot. Does anyone know if that's a shot or just a stand up target?
GB_(resized).jpg

No wonder I don't like acdc as much only six shots, I thought GB was closer to Metallica which destroys me but I want to like so much in shot selection, happy to see a ton in this game

#6659 8 years ago

Am I wrong to have thought the LE and Premium still have traditional slings with additional magnets? It's not just magnets is it?

#6660 8 years ago

I'll wait for the streams before ordering but I think it'll be the Pro for me.

1) I like the Pro cab & translite best.

2) Despite loosing lots of the cool factor with the missing ecto goggles & magnetic slingshots the playfield still Looks absolutely packed and not like a stripped down version like many games before. The only real change of gaming flow will come from the missing ramp from the bottom right to the left flipper.

3) The margin for the distributors here for some reason seem to be smaller on the Premium and LE models then the Pro, wich results in some strange pricing, widening the gap between the models:

Pro: 5995$ MSRP = about 5995€ (so $=€) (Cheapest I found was 5795€)
Premium: 7595$ MSRP = about 8225€ (WTF?!) (Cheapest I found was 8125€)

(8225€ are 9176$ btw)

So the Premium is about 2330$ more expensive for wich i can get some presumably cool and unique gimmiks... or another great (used) pinball machine.

So as Long as Mr. Twitchguys gameplay video doesn't look some the game is missing something/ incomplete (ore the game totally sucks) it'll be the Pro. (Otherwise I'll propably pass.)

#6661 8 years ago

Theres a pair of Triangle Inserts on Premium/LE

Also noticed for the first time the Large Library Building is not on Pro.

Wondering about the reverse shot up the ramp made from the right.....I hope not a drainer!

#6662 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Theres a pair of Triangle Inserts on Premium/LE
Also noticed for the first time the Large Library Building is not on Pro.
Wondering about the reverse shot up the ramp made from the right.....I hope not a drainer!

on the pro the reverse shot on the rhs goes around to the lhs up the large ramp and then returns back down the main large ramp to the rhs flipper - confirmed via a message from Trudeau yesterday as I was curious

#6663 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Am I wrong to have thought the LE and Premium still have traditional slings with additional magnets? It's not just magnets is it?

That is a very good question. Hadn't thought that it might have both.

#6664 8 years ago

from the interview on coast to coast sounds like magnets only as Jody said their was just a switch under the slingshot plastic. But they can get some interesting effects ball comes in hit the sling activates the switch and ball bounces out and then they can control the ball to fire off in different directions even directly back at the same sling that the switch was activated - giving you the ghost effect.

for the sake of the premium and le guys I just hope the magnets don't cause some new playfield wear sort like the Shadow or Goldeneye with the magnet hidden under a painted surface.

#6665 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

from the interview on coast to coast sounds like magnets only as Jody said their was just a switch under the slingshot plastic. But they can get some interesting effects ball comes in hit the sling activates the switch and ball bounces out and then they can control the ball to fire off in different directions even directly back at the same sling that the switch was activated - giving you the ghost effect.
for the sake of the premium and le guys I just hope the magnets don't cause some new playfield wear sort like the Shadow or Goldeneye with the magnet hidden under a painted surface.

To me this seems like a huge detail. I'm not sure how much I would like unpredictable behavior of the slings 100% of the time.

#6666 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Doesn't burn only come in when the magnet locks a ball? Since this is just throwing the ball around, I wouldn't think there would be a burn worry.

#6667 8 years ago

Addams is a good example of magnets used under the playfields, and they only "burned" or discolored if a TIP blew an kept the magnet on. adding fuses fixes that permanently.
I'm sure Stern would have them fused.
I believe guns n roses were fused from the factory.

Burn or wear is a non issue in my eyes. Possibly mylar there if the machine is going to be used on a route, etc....

#6668 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

To me this seems like a huge detail. I'm not sure how much I would like unpredictable behavior of the slings 100% of the time.

I'm going to guess that they behave "normally" (predictably?) much of the time unless they're activated. There's some inserts near each sling. I wonder if that plays a role?

#6669 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I think the playfield burn comes from holding a ball in position more than it does from slinging the ball away. Maybe some of our tech guys can chime in on this for a more expert opinion.

#6670 8 years ago

I've seen it asked but no answered maybe I've missed any direct replies but does anyone know what the original idea behind the proton streams was? That seems to be the only thing missing but I'm sure the audio dmd will add proton references at least I hope so. Although I'm sure modders will bring proton streams to the game somehow

#6671 8 years ago

Heres the pic from earlier:

eb7c3267d56191c13e52a0bb4c5b1bd3d08daff6_(resized).pngeb7c3267d56191c13e52a0bb4c5b1bd3d08daff6_(resized).png

2f41f40bdc29a720af03f4f2ede3b8eecb2df022_(resized).jpg2f41f40bdc29a720af03f4f2ede3b8eecb2df022_(resized).jpg

#6672 8 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Srsly? Only hear spanish when they walk the assembly line.

Srsly? Spanish speaking people are Americans too. But thanks for your intolerant and narrow minded protection of our motherland.

#6673 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I wonder if they have an Ecto-1 light bar topper in the works.
That's the first thing I'm going after if I get this game.

I "heard" the topper is pretty cool. What's the second thing you're going to get?

#6674 8 years ago

How much you wanna bet the proton streams are an "upgrade" on the Stern store about a month after the game drops? ONLY $199.99!

#6675 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I think the playfield burn comes from holding a ball in position more than it does from slinging the ball away. Maybe some of our tech guys can chime in on this for a more expert opinion.

There are two seperate problems.. burn..and wear

Burn is when the magnets heat up from so much use, they cook the PF finish. This normally is related to magnet lock on

Wear is the extended wear you get from the ball being dragged, instead of rolling.

The former can be designed around... the latter is why we normally have mylar in pop bumper areas, etc.

#6676 8 years ago

Neon "proton" topper! how awesome would that be?

#6677 8 years ago

GnR ans LAH both have magnets under the playfield and ive never seen any wear from them even with all the crazy mullti balls in LAH.

#6678 8 years ago

I don't know if this means anything, but on my Iron Man VE, where the 2 magnets are, Stern installed mylar around them. Those 2 magnets whip the ball all over the place.

#6679 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Others have PMd me about the containment trap as a topper, where different events triggers lights on it, and it pops open
when needed with additional affects from inside...Id like that!...Smoke, Hologram...Im such a Disney Haunted Mansion fan from my GB time/age in the 70's

What about a containment trap that opens up and projector behind/inside it that projects a ghost on the ceiling or the wall above and behind the pinball machine? Show the ghost flying around and taunting you, then when you finish the mode it gets sucked into the trap.

#6680 8 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

What about a containment trap that opens up and projector behind/inside it that projects a ghost on the ceiling or the wall above and behind the pinball machine? Show the ghost flying around and taunting you, then when you finish the mode it gets sucked into the trap.

Sounds like something I would buy.

#6681 8 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

uh....make it so

#6682 8 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Yeah Baby! you got it!

#6683 8 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

I "heard" the topper is pretty cool. What's the second thing you're going to get?

A new library model for the Pro. I'm sure we can find a railroad scale model or something that looks really good.

#6684 8 years ago

Hopefully somebody comes up with a properly sculpted fire station. The current one on both models looks pretty lame.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6685 8 years ago

I wish Stern would start hiring Matt at Back Alley to design the toys since his stuff always looks fantastic. Hopefully he will come up with some great stuff.

#6686 8 years ago

I think I'm going to go with this topper, made and posted by Swinks earlier in this thread. I think it looks great.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6687 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Hopefully somebody comes up with a properly sculpted fire station. The current one on both models looks pretty lame.

image_(resized).jpeg

At first glance I thought it was a slot machine...hmmm dumb me

#6688 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I don't know if this means anything, but on my Iron Man VE, where the 2 magnets are, Stern installed mylar around them. Those 2 magnets whip the ball all over the place.

My STLE came with Mylar completely in front of Vengeance ship including all three ramps. So hopefully Stern does the same.

I'd just worry if the Mylar ever needs to be replaced if it would come off without damaging the PF.

#6689 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My STLE came with Mylar completely in front of Vengeance ship including all three ramps. So hopefully Stern does the same.
I'd just worry if the Mylar ever needs to be replaced if it would come off without damaging the PF.

I know that was a problem on older games, where the Mylar was attached directly to the paint. Hopefully, the CC provides some protection if the Mylar is carefully and properly removed.

#6690 8 years ago

You can always double up with a layer of wax and another layer of mylar, this way you have more protection, and if you have to remove the top layer, it won't impact the playfield surface.

#6691 8 years ago

I have an idea for a topper, especially for LE owners. My idea is a suspended high quality Slimer toy hung by a invisible fishing line suspended from the ceiling by a 24" strip with a rotating motor just like a rotating tie rack. It will move back and forth in a circle and give the illusion of a floating Slimer. You could adjust the height of the string with the height of the ceiling. For illumination there are back-light kits on Amazon for the back of flat screen TVs for like $15 with color changing remote included. It would be mounted on the top of the backbox with sticky tape for easy removal. It would be pretty cool with bright green under cabinet LEDs and on top of the topper LEDs projecting upwards at ceiling with floating Slimer. If anyone has any ideas on how to make it happen and build?

#6692 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have an idea for a topper, especially for LE owners. My idea is a suspended high quality Slimer toy hung by a invisible fishing line suspended from the ceiling by a 24" strip with a rotating motor just like a rotating tie rack. It will move back and forth in a circle and give the illusion of a floating Slimer. For illumination there are back-light kits on Amazon for the back of flat screen TVs for like $15 with color changing remote included. It would be mounted on the top of the backbox with sticky tape for easy removal. It would be pretty cool with bright green under cabinet LEDs and on top of the topper LEDs projecting upwards at ceiling with floating Slimer. If anyone has any ideas on how to make it happen and build?

I think the Slimer topper would look even better on the Pro or Premium, this way it is more of a balance of characters, vs Slimer overkill. If I had the LE, I'd likely be looking for a Stay Puft topper.

#6693 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup! All the main Ghostbusters actors voices from both films will be in the game (confirmed with Stern via Facebook), same with Rick Moranis's character as well. I'm sure we will also hear Sigourney Weaver's character as well with her character on the playfield / LE backglass. Stern did an amazing job with the license work on this game.

That's great to hear ....Thx Panzerfreak!!!!

#6694 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think the Slimer topper would look even better on the Pro or Premium, this way it is more of a balance of characters, vs Slimer overkill. If I had the LE, I'd likely be looking for a Stay Puft topper.

Yea I think it would work for all models but I think the LE is all about the 'SLIMER'

#6695 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Good points. I'm still hoping for the light bar topper, that would look awesome. With all three versions of the game having a Slimer toy and the LE having Slimer all over the artwork I'm a bit worried about Slimer overkill as well. With the GOT topper I feel that it's dragon overkill, lol, as all 3 versions of the game already having a dragon toy.

#6696 8 years ago

Not remotely interested in a Slimer topper. Lightbar makes the most sense.

But I hope Stern does it right. Rotating beacons and all.

#6697 8 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

No wonder I don't like acdc as much only six shots, I thought GB was closer to Metallica which destroys me but I want to like so much in shot selection, happy to see a ton in this game

Yeah, this game is just oozing in shots and inserts. From time to time I'll list off of all of WOZ's toys but I may need to start doing that for Ghostbusters as well! haha

Captive ball toy, 3 ball captive ball toy, two drop targets in middle of playfield, 2 magnets near the slings, peppers ghost Ecto Goggles toy, motorized + rotating Slimer toy, two scoop shots, steel ramp with steel habit rail that drops below playfield into a subway for ball lock...Ghostbusters premium / LE is easily one of Stern's most loaded games.

#6698 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Not remotely interested in a Slimer topper. Lightbar makes the most sense.
But I hope Stern does it right. Rotating beacons and all.

Rotating beacon lights would be awesome and if Stern wants to charge $500 for a topper then there better be something that moves on it, lol. I would assume that external power would be required for a rotating beacon topper? Does anyone know if the GOT topper requires an outlet for power or just taps into the game?

#6699 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

There are two seperate problems.. burn..and wear
Burn is when the magnets heat up from so much use, they cook the PF finish. This normally is related to magnet lock on
Wear is the extended wear you get from the ball being dragged, instead of rolling.
The former can be designed around... the latter is why we normally have mylar in pop bumper areas, etc.

Just need to wax often

#6700 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Rotating beacon lights would be awesome and if Stern wants to charge $500 for a topper then there better be something that moves on it, lol. I would assume that external power would be required for a rotating beacon topper? Does anyone know if the GOT topper requires an outlet for power or just taps into the game?

Stern has a spot to plug in their toppers that lets them control them with the game code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/134?hl=aingide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.