IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 360.
#6451 8 years ago

How do you guys think this game will shoot ramps are a bit odd

#6452 8 years ago

Sorry if I missed it, will it be at TPF?

#6453 8 years ago

Someone said Marco is bringing two.

#6454 8 years ago

Shit just got weird here on Pinside .. Wtf

#6455 8 years ago

This could be the best TPF yet!

#6456 8 years ago

Modfather mentioned in the Hobbit twitch stream chat tonight that they're working on a Proton Pack, a Ghost Trap, and a PKE meter. Not sure if these are officially in the works or ideas that're being mulled over.

#6457 8 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

neither one of these bothered me, just the human skin stuff
Back to Ghostbusters...
I really want this table hopefully I can pick one up used when I get a good job after college

Totally agree! I have had his reaction from time to time and never knew what it was called.

#6458 8 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

If nothing else, Pinside is good entertainment. It is interesting to watch people bash Stern for their "shortcomings" while Stern continues to develop and deliver pinball machines in good quantities. Overall, my experience with these machines has been pretty much trouble free and I do not see lacking "code" for the most part. What I do see is a company that has weathered the storm of EM to SS and then the video game revolution. They not only made it through the storm, they have built a very nice modern factory and continue move forward.
No, they do not have an LCD screen. Yes, some code may be lacking for some people. Could they do better? Sure? Is any other manufacturer doing better? How long has Hobbit taken since first announced? How about MMR? Think you could start up and build/support a better product? Would you be willing to risk $10M of your own money to start up? Think you could negotiate licensing contracts? Think you could hire quality employees? How about holding it all together and maintaining a quality support network and a supplier network?
The numbers speak for themselves. GB LE is completely sold out. It took less than a day - even those holding out for higher prices sold out under a day. Even older games in excellent condition like TSPP, LOTR, and others bring more money than they sold for new. Stern is doing something right. Furthermore, they bring product to the market that pretty much works right out of the box. It is well tested before it is released. I am sure a color DMD is coming. Don't want a red display? Then don't buy the machine. You will be in the minority.
I have owned quite a few Bally/Williams games along with Monopoly, LOTR, X-Men LE, and TSPP. I have liked every one of them and did not lose a dime on any of them. The fact that they sell used within 5 days of posting them tells me there is demand. As long as there is demand things are actually pretty good.
It is funny that pinball in many ways is the same as General Aviation. Back in the 1960s-early 1990s aviation was on fire. New planes were selling out every year by multiple manufacturers. And then technology (interstate highways, air line deregulation, smart phones, high speed internet) came and slowed down aviation considerably. You no longer needed a plane to visit people due to technology. However, the main players in the game never got out. Cessna and Beechcraft stayed in and continued to build their tried and true product slowly bringing it into the future. They are still here today and are profitable while others come and go with their great ideas leaving people with expensive unsupported aircraft. Likewise, Garmin International has built a wonderful avionics selection and continues to well, but gets the same flaming from pilots claiming that Garmin "does not do enough." Well, if you ever had to deal wit the FAA you would see why they have to hold back. It is not easy to run any business and boutique products like airplanes and pinball are really tough.
So, if you truly hate Stern keep playing your old EMs and Williams games and move on. Griping about Stern is not going to keep one person from buying what they like.

I see you're new here so I say this with respect:

1. Agree with everything

2. You've set a high bar for yourself in terms of "sensible, relateable, on-point" posts. Don't let me down.

#6459 8 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

No Vigo or the song "Magic" from the original film kinda makes me sad. Don't know how long you can tolerate the original song over and over. Looks amazing tho. Hope the pinball browser guys do some "magic". Get it, magic!
» YouTube video

Pinball Browser will fix that problem. Add that and "Savin the Day", "Flip City" from the 2nd movie, and the song that plays right after "WE GOT ONNNNNEEEEEEE!"

Problem solved .

#6460 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Pinball Browser will fix that problem. Add that and "Savin the Day", "Flip City" from the 2nd movie, and the song that plays right after "WE GOT ONNNNNEEEEEEE!"
Problem solved .

Does it work do SPIkE?

#6461 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Problem solved .

Just fill it with Frank Zappa songs to fuck with people. Tell them it's really the GB soundtrack and see if you can get them to re-watch the movies just to verify!

#6462 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Does it work do SPIkE?

Guess we'll find out soon !!

#6463 8 years ago

Lots of Pinsiders losing their shit lately

#6464 8 years ago

This one didn't take much convincing with SWMBO (she's a Ghostbusters fan too.) I'm in on an LE!

#6465 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Lots of Pinsiders losing their shit lately

Ya I don't get it? I'm only 36 yrs old but I learned long ago that every single person in this great world is a f**king idiot in their own special way. Including myself. That's what makes humanity great though!

Life's too short, enjoy it! Also ghostbusters looks sweet and I think I want an LE!

#6467 8 years ago

trypophobia ….phew! Looked up the pix and none of them bothered me. Lucky not to have it!

#6468 8 years ago

I'm clean. They don't bother me either.

#6469 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

trypophobia ….phew! Looked up the pix and none of them bothered me. Lucky not to have it!

Ya I had to look it up also and was just fine, UNTIL! I got to the Photoshop ones on human skin! Then I almost ripped my eyes out! Apparently I didn't like those much!

#6470 8 years ago

Yeah let's bring up a phobia that involves images on a public interwebz forum... what could go wrong?

Btw if perforated images DO bother you... better not look at the app screen on the Apple watch. This phobia promptly got flogged to death on the Apple forums when the watch was first released.

#6474 8 years ago

Well, yes I'm bothered by a lot of holes at once,too!
But back on topic..

Everyone is so excited about GB/LE/Premium... but... likely only Pro month of April.. some LE in May and no Premium until at least late June/July? Kind of like roll out of KISS?

#6476 8 years ago

OMG OMG O<G

First detailed video of the Busters

#6477 8 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

So....turn the clocks forward an hour this weekend....right?

So what do I do if I live in Arizona?.

#6478 8 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Don't order Pizza. The absolute worst pizza I ever had is in Arizona.

#6479 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Bill Murray must not approve gunk on his head/face.

You'll notice that Venkman is the only character that doesn't have marshmallow goo on his head/face on the Premium translite:

Its been a while but think that was the case in the scene in the movie, so it may just be staying true to that. I'll have to watch to confirm but remember vinkman came out a lot cleaner than anyone else, but befitting his character 100%. Never saw it as an actors privilege.

#6480 8 years ago

On the Premium, a lightly toasted marshmallow for the custom shooter rod. Maybe even have it light up?

#6481 8 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Set your clock forward 24 hours.

#6482 8 years ago

As long as the Ecto-1 siren sound is in the game it's all good. A siren mod topper would be really cool as well.

#6483 8 years ago

In all these posts, I've only seen one person mention this. Everyone's ok with this?

GB_Apron_(resized).jpgGB_Apron_(resized).jpg

#6484 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

In all these posts, I've only seen one person mention this. Everyone's ok with this?

GB_Apron_(resized).jpg

The Rest of the pin art is so overwhelming and awesome and along with all the features /toys a few things here and there can be overlooked ......

#6485 8 years ago

It does go hand and hand with the opposite image, some one should post both side by side

#6486 8 years ago

Is that Zulu in there?

#6487 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

GB_Apron_(resized).jpg

I find it rather... disturbing. Is there supposed to be an invisible ghost head between his legs or something? Then the expression on his face might make sense.

#6488 8 years ago

I would have rather seen the terror dogs there.

#6489 8 years ago

Looks Great!

#6490 8 years ago

gb-41_(resized).jpggb-41_(resized).jpg

Ghostbusters_244Pyxurz_(resized).jpgGhostbusters_244Pyxurz_(resized).jpg

#6491 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Zombie Yeti just posted this "outtake" art that didn't make the game:
10258823_10153413169337727_7200142925488986154_o.jpg

Man this guy REALLY has a talent for line art...

#6492 8 years ago

This would look sweet in the game room.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6494 8 years ago
#6495 8 years ago

Canceling my premium order. I no longer can look at the machine thanks to my wrong judgment to point out my trypophobia disorder that was asking a question if anyone else felt this way about the melting marshmallow. Of course it was candy for idiot trolls.... I simply forgot pinside is full of pieces of shit. Anyone that thinks trypophobia is not a real thing is a "nute". The game will always remind me of the eye... trypophobia eye... that person posted the end of my GB excitement. good bye.

#6496 8 years ago

Never heard of trypophobia until last week when one of my younger staff was asked to help clean up an old wasp nest and he told me he couldn't because of the condition. Twice in one week! What are the odds!

#6497 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Canceling my premium order. I no longer can look at the machine thanks to my wrong judgment to point out my trypophobia disorder that was asking a question if anyone else felt this way about the melting marshmallow. Of course it was candy for idiot trolls.... I simply forgot pinside is full of pieces of shit. Anyone that thinks trypophobia is not a real thing is a "nute". The game will always remind me of the eye... trypophobia eye... that person posted the end of my GB excitement. good bye.

Can you look at TH or does the honeycomb background which indicate modes on the lcd set you off?

#6498 8 years ago

So much drama, I guess you got the attention you wanted. Just replace the backglass --- or do a custom paint job.

#6499 8 years ago

That's two words I had to look up so far in this thread, learn something new every day. If you really want the game, just have someone cover those spots for you on the BG. Sorry for your phobia, but you should know how people in a forum will react to something different, usually not positively. ( not that you will see this as I see you deactivated your account)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/130 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.