IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 360.
#6151 8 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

One thing I'm confused about - the feature matrix doesn't mention colour changing GI, so does that mean we may be in for a less impressive lightshow than the other recent Premiums / LEs?

Stern said lights go green then "slime" has to be cleaned up by shooting shots so I would assume colour changing GI

#6152 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Here is a breakdown of the rules, in case anyone is interested. What do you think in terms of having potential for that one-more-game factor?

ghostbusters-rules_(resized).jpg

Looks like a very deep ruleset and I'm sure like other games everything that can be done is not represented on the rules card.

#6153 8 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Stern said lights go green then "slime" has to be cleaned up by shooting shots so I would assume colour changing GI

I read that as well, but something I read elsewhere indicated that some of the RGB inserts turned green and you had to hit those shots to clear up the slime. Guess we'll find out for certain before long!

#6154 8 years ago

LEs do have an extra layer of clear on them. If the playfields were signed before the first clearcoat, the ink would smear terribly when the sharpie or whatever they sign with touched it. Then it's cleared again over this signature.
The coats aren't very thick anyway, and depending on the day, some pros still might have better/thicker clear anyway. My met premium has a great clearcoat on it.
So while it may not necessarily be a selling point or better, they do in fact have an extra layer of clear.

#6155 8 years ago

GB artwork looks like an hybrid of Woz and Metallica. stunning!
If sullivan is at his best like on Lotr or GoT pro, this pins will be awesome

#6156 8 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I read that as well, but something I read elsewhere indicated that some of the RGB inserts turned green and you had to hit those shots to clear up the slime. Guess we'll find out for certain before long!

My impression of this particular feature is it is being over sold. Likely all it means is that the 8 color changing inserts will turn green for the shot. So no different than any other game that has a handful of color changing inserts.

The GI may very well be all white. So it will probably look more like Mustang or Iron Man Vault. Which isn't bad, those are both "lit to be seen from space" and in this case will mean the artwork will be on full display.

Don't expect a Star Trek or MET light show. But it can still have nice sweeps and strobes, etc.

#6157 8 years ago

Does anyone have any idea when the LE will ship? I ordered one and can't find any info. Distributor won't give an answer either.

#6158 8 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

Does anyone have any idea when the LE will ship? I ordered one and can't find any info. Distributor won't give an answer either.

Still too early to tell. Pros will roll out first, and the LEs usually come 6 weeks or so after the Pros. So if the Pros start showing up end of March, then that would put us around mid May.

#6161 8 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

Marco Specialties are bringing LE's to TPF

#6163 8 years ago

Checklist:
1. Hand drawn art-check
2. Amazing looking layout-check
3. Great toys and interaction-check
4. Plays great with good code-?

Please do not play like a turd, please do not play like a turd.......

Prayer.jpgPrayer.jpg

#6164 8 years ago

TPF 2017 maybe.

#6165 8 years ago

Has anyone gotten pricing on these?

I've never bought a premium, and I wanted to know how much they normally go for.

#6166 8 years ago

Anyone who got a good price on an LE should put their distributor on their holiday card list.

No doubt they could have gotten full MSRP for these---eventually, at least.

Many people are remarking that distributors have told them that "stern sets the price now." Obviously we have some indications this is false.

Interestingly, it would be legal to do so (at least since a 2007 SCOTUS antitrust decision). The typical practice would be maintain a price floor beneath the MSRP (for marketing reasons). The reasons for adopting a strategy of retail price maintenance are complicated, but the pinball market actually has a few features that would make it seem like a good fit.

#6167 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So since the feature matrix mentions the slimer toy is motorized will it move side to side across the playfield? I assume not as much as say the crane toy in Batman but at least a little. I'm also not sure how much the slimer toy on the pro differs from one on the premium / LE. The slimer toy on the premium / LE is supposed to rotate.
Pro "Motorized animated interactive Slimer toy"
Premium / LE "Rotating motorized animated interactive Slimer toy"

If you look at the Stern video on their Facebook page at the "-23" time stamp you see animated CAD file showing a shaft that rotates and moves down. I assume this is the shaft that attaches to the arm holding the Slimer toy. If that's the case, then Slimer on prem/LE would raise and lower as well as rotate left and right to block shots. Kinda like a mini version of the crane on Batman Dark Knight. On the coast 2 coast podcast Jody said Slimer could move and cover 4 shots.

#6168 8 years ago

I hope this shows Stern that the licenses don't need to be current in order to have a hit on their hands.

I think a new Back to the Future would be a big hit. Maybe others like Top Gun, Rocky, Batman (Keaton), Lethal Weapon (based on all 4), or Superman (Reeve).

#6169 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I hope this shows Stern that the licenses don't need to be current in order to have a hit on their hands.
I think a new Back to the Future would be a big hit. Maybe others like Top Gun, Rocky, Batman (Keaton), Lethal Weapon (based on all 4), or Superman (Reeve).

Nostalgia is big business nowadays, but I wonder if this is good for long term health. I know 80s movies are like catnip to us, but does that expand the pinball business for long term growth?

#6170 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Nostalgia is big business nowadays, but I wonder if this is good for long term health. I know 80s movies are like catnip to us, but does that expand the pinball business for long term growth?

I'm young enough to not have played pinball growing up, old enough to be nostalgic for Ghostbusters, and definitely young in terms of the hobby overall.

I think this theme is a winner. Should have substantial appeal to anyone over 20 or so. Contrast with KISS and AC/DC...

Stern's customers will always tend to be older. Reasonable long term thinking at this point is to engage 25 year olds who grew up when location pinball was mostly dead and could be in the market in ten years or so. It is too soon to be very concerned about the future beyond that.

So GB checks the boxes. It'll be a barcade smash hit. I'd be shocked if we don't get three on location in Chicago.

#6171 8 years ago

Thinking of getting a LE now and changing my premium. If you have one available PM me.

#6172 8 years ago

Can someone explain the streams thing that didn't make it into the final run? I didn't follow the rumors.

#6173 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think it does. It would be following the Disney model for their movies (before the home video market).

Wold you rather have the old Back to the Future game or a brand new one on the SPIKE system?

#6174 8 years ago

we keep posting about amazing artwork, toys and theme but

Am I the only one going nuts about the fact that the game has 6 balls?

If I recall on an hurlier code Avengers LE had a 6 balls hulk multiball and with the lightshow I was going crazy. It's insane and fun. Now they changed Hulk multiball to 5 balls on a more polish code. But still awesome.

if they use a 6 balls multiball on GB........bustin makes me feel good baby

#6177 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

they do in fact have an extra layer of clear.

No disrespect to you or any others but I haven't seen any facts at all and I remain unconvinced.

FYI: I'm in on Ghost Busters and my Stern Batman DK has one of the finest clear coated playfields ever.

#6178 8 years ago

Less than 200 LEs will be in the states! If you can get an LE get one!

#6179 8 years ago
Quoted from anthony691:

Many people are remarking that distributors have told them that "stern sets the price now."

Calling absolute total bs on this. I personally called around, and that is a total farce. Distributor pricing is NOT all the same price, period.

Some people are scared their distributor won't have enough supply to keep up with demand if they're spreading such misinformation. Some people are worried they won't get their game unless they throw people off the beaten path.

This is 2016. Google your distibutors for all of 10 minutes, call them up, get the best price, and place the order.

#6180 8 years ago

The possibility of new Beatle juice and goonies movies. Those would be great pins... Beatle juice for sure

#6181 8 years ago

What do you guys think the advantage of the LE is if you are not in love with the look? I think its about $1200-$1400 more than a premium?

Is it value, whats a METLE go for these days? Plus if you aren't going to sell it who cares what its worth

#6182 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

we keep posting about amazing artwork, toys and theme but
Am I the only one going nuts about the fact that the game has 6 balls?
If I recall on an hurlier code Avengers LE had a 6 balls hulk multiball and with the lightshow I was going crazy. It's insane and fun. Now they changed Hulk multiball to 5 balls on a more polish code. But still awesome.
if they use a 6 balls multiball on GB........bustin makes me feel good baby

anything beyond 4 ball multiball is a total novelty. Hard to get excited about that.

#6183 8 years ago

Located near Pittsburgh, PA. Who has the best price on a premium?

#6184 8 years ago

Is anyone else a little concerned how these magnetic slings will work, or does anyone have experience with these from another game ?

#6185 8 years ago

I just order a premium from JJ at Game Exchange! This is gonna be good!

#6186 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Very true.

The best choice would be something that talks to the traditional older pinball generation, but also is a title that millenials have also taken a fondness to. That helps grow pinball.

#6187 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What do you guys think the advantage of the LE is if you are not in love with the look? I think its about $1200-$1400 more than a premium?

I myself would get the premium armor done in a nice metallic blue with lolly pop rails for under $400 and call it a day.

#6188 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

does anyone have experience with these from another game ?

I can't think of another game that uses them.

#6189 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

anything beyond 4 ball multiball is a total novelty. Hard to get excited about that.

Isn't almost everything on games these days 'Novelty'? It's what folks want...toys instead of shots and game play. (I know, I know, all of us here enjoy the 'game' and not the toys....or at least that is all we will admit to) I for one am excited about the 6 balls. We don't yet know how they will be played. Of course I get excited about a new picture on the Wheaties box......

#6191 8 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I can't think of another game that uses them.

The only thing that comes to mind is the Twilight Zone mini playfield. I'm intrigued as well

#6192 8 years ago
Quoted from Tigger64:

Very true.
The best choice would be something that talks to the traditional older pinball generation, but also is a title that millenials have also taken a fondness to. That helps grow pinball.

Like Ghostbusters!

#6193 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I myself would get the premium armor done in a nice metallic blue with lolly pop rails for under $400 and call it a day.

Yea I really think its just the "I got an LE" factor more than anything that gets people geeked up about the LE. To be honest me too a little but gotta get over that and save my $$$

I have actually been ok with the Pro on the last few games, but this seems to have a ton of differences. One good thing about being in on the premium is that it gives you time to switch to a pro after you see gameplay.

#6194 8 years ago

Did you guys noticed the tiny Stargazer pinball machine in there! Awesome!

#6195 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Is anyone else a little concerned how these magnetic slings will work, or does anyone have experience with these from another game ?

FWIW, I had two LAHs. This title has three magnets under the playfield, between the slings. Game has a 6 ball multiball and the entire time, those magnets are pulsing. I've never seen any wear in this area. Ever. That puts my fears at ease about that. What concerns me more is how consistent they'll be in "flipping" the ball. Because SDTM drains from these will suck

#6196 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Correction; it's easy to get excited about that! Avengers rules with 6 balls at once. Mustang too! And it's great when I get 5 balls going in GOT PRO. Balls flying everywhere for 15-20 seconds is something to be excited about!

#6197 8 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can someone explain the streams thing that didn't make it into the final run? I didn't follow the rumors.

I was wondering the same! Fairly new to pin so this went over my head!

#6198 8 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Sounds like all distributors are under a new contract with stern and all will be offering the same pricing, some maybe can help with shipping costs.

Yep, my distributor confirmed this as well. They said it was due to everyone posting prices here and other places on the net, causing the distributors to fight over pricing, which was ultimately hurting the customer, which Stern didn't like seeing, so they are going the route of all the other pin makers and setting a single price that everyone pays. Definitely a bummer.

#6199 8 years ago

Has this been officially announced?

UPDATE: Has Marco announced GB Pro's at TPF?

Quoted from romulusx:

Marco Specialties are bringing LE's to TPF

#6200 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

FWIW, I had two LAHs. This title has three magnets under the playfield, between the slings. Game has a 6 ball multiball and the entire time, those magnets are pulsing. I've never seen any wear in this area. Ever. That puts my fears at ease about that. What concerns me more is how consistent they'll be in "flipping" the ball. Because SDTM drains from these will suck

So will the ball bounce like a sling or does it just randomly get thrown around?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/124 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.