IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 360.
#6101 8 years ago

In both Ghost Buster threads on Pinside, people are saying that the LE's will have extra clear coat. Unless someone can provide documentation, I'm calling this more Pinside bullshit.

John Trudeau's signature under hard coat does not mean extra clear is applied.

GB_Matrix_(resized).jpgGB_Matrix_(resized).jpg

#6102 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

In both Ghost Buster threads on Pinside, people are saying that the LE's will have extra clear coat. Unless someone can provide documentation, I'm calling this more Pinside bullshit.

GB_Matrix_(resized).jpg

Yep, pinside BS.

#6103 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Just now from my distributor JJ at Game Exchange Of Colorado...
The Ghostbusters pinball experience captures the humor of the movie, while keeping the ball wild. Players explore modes and features that are straight from the original movie including the punch lines as call outs. Ghostbusters is easy to play, difficult to master, and is both dangerous and intuitive – the play is dangerous because the game fights back.
The game features two single drop targets in the middle of the playfield that are high risk but high reward. The game clearly leads the player from one goal to the next. All 5 GHOST lights begin to blink, making it clear that the goal is to hit the GHOST target. Once it is hit, the molded Slimer toy appears and it is obvious what to do next – hit Slimer. After Slimer is defeated, three mode lamps blink rapidly to show what to do next. When players shoot any of the indicated shots, the mode starts. Just like that, the player learns many of the fundamental game rules.
Ghostbusters has many ramps, two different Newton Ball features, a control gate, iconic toys including a color-changing Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and, of course, the movie’s iconic theme song by Ray Parker, Jr. The game features four multiballs and nine modes, including two wizard modes, plus
many other features and mini-modes. The Pro, Premium and Limited Edition models each feature unique, hand drawn art packages by Zombie Yeti.
In addition to the Pro features, the Premium and Limited Edition offers:
• Unique interactive holographic Ecto Goggles
• Rotating motorized animated interactive Slimer toy
• Haunted magnetic slingshot
• 3D molded Public Library
• 3D molded Storage Containment Facility with two lights and a flasher
• Underground subway ball lock
• Right loop ramp repeatable Jackpot
• Steel drop-off speed ramp through the subway ball lock
• Repeatable steel crossover looping ramp

Also from JJ's email:
"Wow what a crazy day!

We haven't seen this much demand for a game since Metallica! Stern has knocked it out of the park on this one! We sold out of the LE's In record time!"

#6104 8 years ago

7295 for premium? Thats about $700 more than what i paid for GOT premium.

#6105 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

With Shaker:
PRO: $5,695.00
PREM: $7,295.00
LE: $8,195.00

WTF! That is a grand more than I paid shipped for my ST Pro NIB.

#6106 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

GB_Matrix_(resized).jpg

I had heard a long time ago that LE playfields got one extra coat of clear after being signed, has anyone else ever heard this? The feature matrix says signature is under hard coat??

#6107 8 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Have you seen a LE for less than $8195 delivered? I paid that through Game room guys. Did not see it any cheaper and I am told all LEs are sold out.

I'm paying less, and didn't need to fork over a $2K deposit like what Gameroom guys is charging. Not a fan of them, I bought my MET PREM from them and had an issue with it, their tech guy calls me back saying he'll handle it with Stern and never called back and couldn't get a hold of him again. Ended up wrestling with Stern tech support for a couple weeks, got it handled, but my NIB machine was down for 2.5 wks only after a little over a week owning it. Anyway, different subject, and buying from a different company, one that has been mentioned in this thread several times.

#6108 8 years ago

I am new to pinball but this has made me ready for my first NIB if there are any distributors with a LE left please send me a pm.

Thanks,

#6109 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'm paying less, and didn't need to fork over a $2K deposit like what Gameroom guys is charging. Not a fan of them, I bought my MET PREM from them and had an issue with it, their tech guy calls me back saying he'll handle it with Stern and never called back and couldn't get a hold of him again. Ended up wrestling with Stern tech support for a couple weeks, got it handled, but my NIB machine was down for 2.5 wks only after a little over a week owning it. Anyway, different subject, and buying from a different company, one that has been mentioned in this thread several times.

Cool, what did you pay delivered?

#6110 8 years ago

Cool, what did you pay delivered?

$7900

#6111 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

7295 for premium? Thats about $700 more than what i paid for GOT premium.

Ha, do you blame distros?

With all the fantastical "take my money" posts in this thread, pretty easy to see a huge emotional demand for the game. They'd be crazy NOT to jack up the price on the game.

I'd be surprised if this isn't one of the least discounted titles off stern msrp.

#6112 8 years ago

Sounds like a deal. I guess I did not think much about the price as I knew it would sell out within hours. If this title is as big of a hit as I think it will be people leaving them in the boxes will probably get $10k+ a year later. Anyway, we have 1/500 of what I believe to be the best looking new pin in 20 years.

#6113 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

GB_Matrix_(resized).jpg

When we did the Stern tour this year they mentioned the LEs have an extra clearcoat over the signature... They are signed after the first clearcoat is done. I remember this because I mentioned my STLE did not have extra clearcoat over the signature and so the signature is fading...

#6114 8 years ago

Sounds like a deal. I guess I did not think much about the price as I knew it would sell out within hours. If this title is as big of a hit as I think it will be people leaving them in the boxes will probably get $10k+ a year later. Anyway, we have 1/500 of what I believe to be the best looking new pin in 20 years.

Exactly. What's $300 difference any way. That won't matter once the games in your house and playing it anyway. I was bummed when I spent $7K on my MET delivered just to find out other distributors were selling it for $6500. I'm actually surprised Gameroom Guys are even at that price point to be honest. Congrats on the purchase man !

#6115 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

When we did the Stern tour this year they mentioned the LEs have an extra clearcoat over the signature... They are signed after the first clearcoat is done.

This is the same thing I had heard.

#6116 8 years ago

Would it not be possible to clear coat just over where the signature will go then sign, then apply clear coat to the entire playfield?

#6117 8 years ago

Premium is $7100 on Ebay, free shipping. That is usually a good indication that you can get the game at least $400 cheaper elsewhere.

ghostbusters_(resized).JPGghostbusters_(resized).JPG

#6118 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Jean-Luc-Picard said:

With Shaker:
PRO: $5,695.00
PREM: $7,295.00
LE: $8,195.00

WTF! That is a grand more than I paid shipped for my ST Pro NIB.

well i guess you have no idea how much we european are paying for a nib...
we pay about 6500$ for Pro, 9000$ for premium to almost 11k$ for an LE...
when i see the price you pay for them, i m just jalous and i understand why you can afford them this often :p

#6120 8 years ago
Quoted from Raknitz:

well i guess you have no idea how mch we european are paying for a nib...

20% sales tax (TVA) does not help.

Still wonder why we pay more for a Stern LE than a Hobbit. It's the opposite in the US...

#6121 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Would it not be possible to clear coat just over where the signature will go then sign, then apply clear coat to the entire playfield?

I actually asked this too... It would be possible except the designer is not there to sign every playfield at the moment before they do the clearcoat - I guess it would delay and interrupt the process..so he said they clearcoat them all And then they pull out the LEs so the designer can sign them before another clearcoat... Something to that effect anyways.

#6122 8 years ago
Quoted from Raknitz:

well i guess you have no idea how much we european are paying for a nib...
we pay about 6500$ for Pro, 9000$ for premium to almost 11k$ for an LE...
when i see the price you pay for them, i m just jalous and i understand why you can afford them this often :p

Oh I know how much you guys pay....

#6123 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Premium is $7100 on Ebay, free shipping. That is usually a good indication that you can get the game at least $400 cheaper elsewhere.

ghostbusters_(resized).JPG

You also get $100 back in eBay bucks, which somewhat puts it at $6995 shipped without picking up a phone.

#6125 8 years ago

Finally it appears Stern has answered with putting a lot in games. Game looks amazing and tons of details and toys and shots. I am thrilled by this and hope it plays well. Shocked by Stern and so happy to see this in them. Yes, no LCD which is a shame on this game but it's coming. I could see Yeti doing the Iron Madien artwork now. I hope this means more old movies that should have had pins made get done. Way to go Stern, now stay on this course for all future games. This is how Rob Zombie artwork should have been on playfield, packed with stuff and imagines.

#6126 8 years ago

An EL wire mod with multiple colors wrapped around the arm of this bash toy, made to look like a proton stream would be cool.

Slimer_EL_Wire_(resized).jpgSlimer_EL_Wire_(resized).jpg

#6127 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

An EL wire mod with multiple colors wrapped around the arm of this bash toy, made to look like a proton stream would be cool.

Slimer_EL_Wire_(resized).jpg

yes it needs something to cover the cable tube and the nuts and bolts

#6129 8 years ago

I've always been critical of Stern, but at Expo, Jared told a couple of us to hang in there and be patient. He hinted that great things were on the horizon from Stern. He wasn't lying.

My hat goes off to Stern on GB. They deserve a lot of praise and respect on this one. I started coming around when KISS artwork was announced, but this pin looks fantastic. I'm eyeing a Premium after the dust settles.

Chicago can't rely on its sports teams to win, but it can with Stern.

#6130 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

They killed it & gave me a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Not a once in a lifetime opportunity... just the first legitimate opportunity in what will hopefully be many many years of great work that you'll get to share with us. KUDOS on the art, you really knocked it out of the park and made this machine something special.

#6131 8 years ago

Is anyone planning on popping the glass and decorating the playfield with action figures?

These are the ones I had as a kid. They match the cartoon, more than they do the movie.

I'm not sure if these next ones are commercially produced, or one-offs that a fan made, but they look great!

gb1_(resized).jpggb1_(resized).jpg

#6132 8 years ago

someone should hunt down this duplicate bug!

#6133 8 years ago
Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

I like the premium. Sigorney Weaver looks too much like the drag queen from Rocky Horror Picture Show on the LE back glass.

To be honest though... she looked like that in the movie!

*runs and hides

#6134 8 years ago

And I would still marry her if she offered.

#6135 8 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I've always been critical of Stern, but at Expo, Jared told a couple of us to hang in there and be patient. He hinted that great things were on the horizon from Stern. He wasn't lying.
My hat goes off to Stern on GB. They deserve a lot of praise and respect on this one. I started coming around when KISS artwork was announced, but this pin looks fantastic. I'm eyeing a Premium after the dust settles.

You must not watch hockey...

Or basketball 25 years ago...

#6136 8 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Yes agree on what they have done on this one, I am usually hard as well but this seems packed with shot and stuff, but what about the Chicago Blackhawks who keep winning.

#6138 8 years ago

Any chance stern is going to use their new lcd tech and make their own aftermarket Lcd and color art for gb? I saw lots of high Res and colored videos in that teaser. Seems weird to make all those hi-res 3D assets and then downgrade them to dots. Anyone else in for a conspiracy theory? Why wouldn't they capitalize on a $400 upgrade if they're doing most of the work anyway?

#6139 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Any chance stern is going to use their new lcd tech and make their own aftermarket Lcd and color art for gb? I saw lots of high Res and colored videos in that teaser. Seems weird to make all those hi-res 3D assets and then downgrade them to dots. Anyone else in for a conspiracy theory? Why wouldn't they capitalize on a $400 upgrade if they're doing most of the work anyway?

I love a good conspiracy theory, and general I think Stern is up to that job...........why wait on ColorDMD to do the work they already did and see them cash $400. And as the shaker is already included in the LE, they will need some upgrades. Topper, siderails for Premium, shooterknobs and color dmd. Even wonder if they would release certain firmware with additional ghosts in the Ecto goggle for a certain price....ooops just gave them an idea.

#6140 8 years ago
Quoted from fuko:

Based on what's been shown so far, it looks like the ecto goggles feature will be a small LCD housed in a little black box over the PF.

I'm told it works like pinball 2000 and was the reason it was delayed while they got it to work.

#6141 8 years ago

Does premium have a shaker?

#6142 8 years ago

im trying to understand how that peppers ghost works based on the space/layout they have there. not quite understanding the angles of the glass/screen

stageillusion_(resized).jpgstageillusion_(resized).jpg

EDIT: nevermind i see it now, after finding higher res images

#6143 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Does premium have a shaker?

Feature matrix says LE only. But $125 to do it yourself and dead simple on a spike pin (compared to SAM) - just one plugin.

#6144 8 years ago

Yes! The pinballrockstar just secured a GB LE.
Score!

#6145 8 years ago

One thing I'm confused about - the feature matrix doesn't mention colour changing GI, so does that mean we may be in for a less impressive lightshow than the other recent Premiums / LEs?

I've put my deposit down for a Premium regardless - it's absolutely not a deal breaker seeing how incredible the game looks otherwise, but I haven't seen anyone mention it and would be interested in what others think.

Half tempted to see if I can change my order to a LE but really not sure about the slime green armor... I prefer the Premium backglass but the cab sides seem a little plain. Talk about first world problems.

#6146 8 years ago

I have to wait until I sell my old house to buy, so I'm guessing I'll be in on a Premium, but it's going to look sweet in my new game room!

#6147 8 years ago

Wonder if the proton laser holes in near the apron that got filled in with plastic stops will stay in production for modders or if the holes will be removed for production

#6148 8 years ago

Woke up this morning to 400 new posts in this thread and have finally caught up.

Wow!!!! Game looks amazing. Level of detail is truly impressive. And the number of unique shots! Was not really interested until today, but now I'm in.

Only uncertainty for me are how the magnetic slings will be. Since slings are such a fundamental part of a game, I think I'll need to play one first before I decide. Having said that, I'm sure Stern have been testing this for a while. Plus it's nice to see some thinking out of the box. I prefer the Premium art anyway, so makes sense to wait and play first. But surprisingly the LE is growing on me.

Well done Stern and all involved. Game will be huge.

#6149 8 years ago

Here is a breakdown of the rules, in case anyone is interested. What do you think in terms of having potential for that one-more-game factor?

ghostbusters-rules_(resized).jpgghostbusters-rules_(resized).jpg

#6150 8 years ago

Anyone else have a Stay Puft S'more for breakfast while waiting for their GB pin ?

smore-puft_(resized).jpgsmore-puft_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.