IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 360.
#6001 8 years ago

Such a simple idea but possibly one of the best examples of stern putting thought into something and one of the nicest attentions to detail:

• When you hit Slimer he “slimes” the playfield, turning a bunch of the led lamps green. In this mode you have to shoot targets to clean up the slime.

#6002 8 years ago

Prices did indeed jump a little as Stern is placing more restrictions on the dealers. Don't expect to pay the same prices you've been paying across all 3 models.

#6003 8 years ago

I'm in for a prem and I'm looking forward to seeing some game play videos if it makes the rounds at any of the conventions. Anyone have any word on what the topper is going to be?

#6004 8 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

I'm in for a prem and I'm looking forward to seeing some game play videos if it makes the rounds at any of the conventions. Anyone have any word on what the topper is going to be?

Topper -> http://staypuftmarshmallows.com/

#6005 8 years ago

Also looking forward to seeing what Pinball Refinery does in the way of powder coat and other extras on the Premium!

#6006 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I can't believe how awesome Ghostbusters looks. And the Hobbit is what, 2 grand more than a GB Prem? JJP might as well just close shit up.

Only about £300 more for a hobbit here in the UK good old UK import fees and tax

#6007 8 years ago

I was also going to mention the extreme attention to detail. They have really brought in almost all the special items from the original movies... Well done Stern - one of my favourite scenes that I had completely forgot... Need to watch the movies NOW!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6008 8 years ago

Already sold out, so sad.

#6009 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

wow...look at all the pins that hit the marketplace today....lots of people making room and getting funds...gonna be a huge seller

Which is why you need to sell 2 months ahead of the announcement

#6010 8 years ago

Already got my topper in-hand! One of the few original costume pieces left intact!

Actually, I might have to sell it to afford this machine...lol

DSC_6224_(resized).JPGDSC_6224_(resized).JPG

#6011 8 years ago

Is it me or every one is happy today ?

Stern deserves my money with this one, even Hitler is happy on the other thread

#6012 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Is it me or every one is happy today ?
Stern deserves my money with this one, even Hitler is happy on the other thread

It's amazing what happens when a pin looks beautiful.
I would love to hear one day what happened when Stern was making GOT. Did they have awesome art that was completely rejected by HBO and they had to just release anything? Or did they actually plan for the pin to look like that from the get go?

#6013 8 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

the witch magnet in WOZ. Anyone one with either of those games know if they have wear issues over time?

My WOZ is perfect after two years. No witch magnet wear at all.

#6014 8 years ago

Just noticed the reflection off the clearcoat on the bottom left of this pic. Look at that sweet CC! Looks a bit like a gravel road.
Let's hope this was just a proto PF

On another note Yeti served up a ridiculously busy PF (that we pin fans like!) and the colors used are great but I wonder if IN PERSON all those thin painted "vacu-form" buildings and structures will look as good as it does in the pics? Or will it look flimsy and cheesy in real life?

Hopefully the former!

stern-ghostbustersle-details-13jpg-c74fcc_640w_(resized).jpgstern-ghostbustersle-details-13jpg-c74fcc_640w_(resized).jpg

#6015 8 years ago

I just want to say Congratulations to Jeremy (Zombie Yeti) for his amazing art work on GB. He was one of the shinning stars I came across with JPOP, and am so happy for him to absolutely knock this one out of the park! Judging by all the games starting to surface for sale I hope Stern realizes what this art work alone will do for their sales! I am converting one of my existing orders to GB before I play it! That says a lot Stern. Again Congrats bud and I really do hope there is a pin number Two

#6016 8 years ago

Didn't Stern say somewhere LCD is coming in 2016?
Is that why the shaker is included this time as LCD is going to be the "must have" factory mod?

#6017 8 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I am about to pull the credit card out, but that horrible clear-coat also bothers me... This will be my first NIB.

#6018 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I am about to pull the credit card out, but that horrible clear-coat also bothers me... This will be my first NIB.

Well they did say the spelling will be corrected so this PF probably had just one quick half-spray and that's it. Hence the raw wood texture.

Still it reminds you of the gamble of a Stern NIB. You just don't really know if you'll get a nice glossy PF or one that looks like the photo but is still "within quality range"...as they'll say when you complain. I've ended up with both in the past...

#6019 8 years ago

It's exactly that. Proto playfield. We had s proto avatar at the sandy hook arcade. It had that all over the playfield and was bare wood in the pops. They hardly clear the proto playfields. I wouldn't worry at all. Our kiss playfield clear is still holding up with thousands of plays.

#6020 8 years ago

There's something weird with the wood. Look at one of the kickout edges. The wood is chipped and looks like particle board or something. I'm guessing is really early proto stuff...? I hope!!

#6021 8 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Well they did say the spelling will be corrected so this PF probably had just one quick half-spray and that's it. Hence the raw wood texture.
Still it reminds you of the gamble of a Stern NIB. You just don't really know if you'll get a nice glossy PF or one that looks like the photo but is still "within quality range"...as they'll say when you complain. I've ended up with both in the past...

hmmm... This is making me scared to lose my NIB virginity.

#6022 8 years ago

Make it so.

#6023 8 years ago

So far the layout looks impressive but I will not fork over 8K until I have at least seen some gameplay.

#6024 8 years ago

I've never regretted a NIB purchase. But then I never ordered WWF either.

#6025 8 years ago

Awful lot of money being spilled out of the pinball community today. Hope the game plays as good as it looks.

For once, I think the pro looks as good as the premium. All the premium has over the pro in my book is the ecto goggles and right ramp. I know there are other differences, but this is no GoT major differences in play from my view point.

#6026 8 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Awful lot of money being spilled out of the pinball community today. Hope the game plays as good as it looks.
For once, I think the pro looks as good as the premium. All the premium has over the pro in my book is the ecto goggles and right ramp. I know there are other differences, but this is no GoT major differences in play from my view point.

No subway either from the look of the pix.

#6027 8 years ago

Can't wait to see some videos of gameplay, particularly the ball lock, and rules to match the playfield.

#6028 8 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Just noticed the reflection off the clearcoat on the bottom left of this pic. Look at that sweet CC! Looks a bit like a gravel road.
On another note Yeti served up a ridiculously busy PF (that we pin fans like!) and the colors used are great but I wonder if IN PERSON all those thin painted "vacu-form" buildings and structures will look as good as it does in the pics? Or will it look flimsy and cheesy in real life?
Hopefully the former!

stern-ghostbustersle-details-13jpg-c74fcc_640w_(resized).jpg

Early prototype for press release always is this way same as the blurry plastic ramps, these are first run populated prototypes.

#6029 8 years ago

Gotta pop the NIB pinball cherry sooner or later.

#6031 8 years ago

So how long till the next event with expected game play?

#6032 8 years ago

I have to assume someone is already working on a proton pack mod with EL wire for each side that conveniently fits on those outlane posts Stern has for, well, this mod.

#6033 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Gotta pop the NIB pinball cherry sooner or later.

That's what "he" said.

#6034 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I was also going to mention the extreme attention to detail. They have really brought in almost all the special items from the original movies... Well done Stern - one of my favourite scenes that I had completely forgot... Need to watch the movies NOW!

Ghostbusters 1 & 2 is on Amazon Prime and Netflix right now.

Amazon Prime - GB1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KG2QQKA/ref=pd_cbs__1

Amazon Prime - GB2
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007C86JPI/ref=pd_cbs__1

#6035 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

So far the layout looks impressive but I will not fork over 8K until I have at least seen some gameplay.

Don't be a wet blanket!

#6036 8 years ago

Zombie Yeti demonstrating that great art ALONE can sell a pin (not suggesting that the rest of the features of the pin aren't good, but I and many others wouldn't consider buying this game without playing it if it weren't for ZombieYeti's GREAT art)!

Nice work, Jeremy!

Great job, Stern!

Best looking pin I've seen in awhile!

#6037 8 years ago

We have been asking for playfield pictures and more details for months so I woudnt worry about the clearcoat, missing plastic, orthograph or anything with these pictures. Proto for sure just for official release and shut us up.

Now......we have to go through the same process all over again. Live play on the Pro, a few weeks after live play on the LE.

Hope dead flip (jack danger) is still on for these Stern videos......love them

Can't wait

#6038 8 years ago

Play it so...You know.

Quoted from mnpinball:Which is why you need to sell 2 months ahead of the announcement

How could we have known!?!?

#6039 8 years ago

Does the LE actu ally have a mirrored backglass? I remember reading a while back they were doing mirrored translite for LEs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

#6040 8 years ago

So was Harold Ramis voice used in Congo pinball? Was just thinking, if he had some quotes from the movie Congo in the game then this would be his second pinball game
Yes I know dr homoca was the main voice on congo

#6041 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Play it so...You know.

How could we have known!?!?

Dude.

They'll be cranking these out for a full year. Unless you 'need' and LE, slow your roll. It's all good.

#6042 8 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Does the LE actu ally have a mirrored backglass? I remember reading a while back they were doing mirrored translite for LEs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Doesn't say mirrored , was GOT mirrored ?

#6043 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

So was Harold Ramis voice used in Congo pinball? Was just thinking, if he had some quotes from the movie Congo in the game tech this would be his second pinball game
Yes I know dr holo a was the main voice on congo

Ramis? Don't you mean Hudson?

#6044 8 years ago

I don't remeber reading mirror on the matrix for any translite

#6045 8 years ago

I disagree, they will be making them for 2 years. No rush

#6046 8 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Ramis? Don't you mean Hudson?

Yes sorry

#6047 8 years ago

I have noticed quite a few people pre-ordering a premium? Why? Why would you rather not wait and see what it plays like, or how the code is, or how it compares to the Pro before jumping in the pool. There is no shortage and you can pick one up in the future after the LE's and first run of Pro's ship. Relax-plenty of time. On the other hand if you like the LE you probably should grab one. If you think about it 250 for Australia and Europe and 250 for US and Canada is not very many. 50 will probably go to Canada and 200 for the States. That is 4 machines per State. Just a thought.

#6048 8 years ago

Question: Will color DMD's fit in the new Sterns, I know they fit the older sterns? I remember something where the new sterns are not white-star compatible "yet". As well the red plasma's in new sterns will they work in older as well Williams machines. I am not familiar with Sterns red plasma displays.

The only Stern I have is TSPP. And I normally hate everything Stern so this is a new page for me lol.

#6049 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

image_(resized).jpeg

my absolute favorite plastic on this thing!

#6050 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have noticed quite a few people pre-ordering a premium? Why? Why would you rather not wait and see what it plays like, or how the code is, or how it compares to the Pro before jumping in the pool. There is no shortage and you can pick one up in the future after the LE's and first run of Pro's ship. Relax-plenty of time. On the other hand if you like the LE you probably should grab one. If you think about it 250 for Australia and Europe and 250 for US and Canada is not very many. 50 will probably go to Canada and 200 for the States. That is 4 machines per State. Just a thought.

Guess it depends what the deposit is, you can get in line to get it and play and LE/pro and jump ship or switch to a pro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.