IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 360.
#5901 8 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Thats the prem, but thanks. Looks like stern has some posted now

HD PRO - http://www.gameroomguys.com/core/media/media.nl?id=3136145&c=3702250&h=3290b1faeb892eecff47

55662-2_(resized).jpg55662-2_(resized).jpg

#5902 8 years ago

Kenda would be driving everybody insane right about now

#5903 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

They might not have want to paid to license him.

um he is dead...

#5904 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If the streams are not in the matrix, then it was dropped.

My vote is that they'll be an authorized mod.

#5905 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

um he is dead...

So THAT'S why they couldn't find him!

#5906 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

My vote is that they'll be an authorized mod.

No chance of this.

#5907 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

So THAT'S why they couldn't find him!

Haha, the voice actor is still alive but the actor that portrayed vigo is dead. He was a bad dude too so I am not sure who they would even contact about licensing.

#5908 8 years ago

Looks to me like the magnet at 1 pulls the ball over to stop at 2. What isn't clear to me is how the ball gets out of 2. There is a hole in the ramp, so I am going to guess it drops down and comes out in the shooter lane.

1bab78a5866c4b63b3221b9a54d34561a0c1cd07_(resized).jpg1bab78a5866c4b63b3221b9a54d34561a0c1cd07_(resized).jpg

#5910 8 years ago

The ball drops down into the saucer.

Quoted from redundor:

Looks to me like the magnet at 1 pulls the ball over to stop at 2. What isn't clear to me is how the ball gets out of 2. There is a hole in the ramp, so I am going to guess it drops down and comes out in the shooter lane.

#5911 8 years ago

Is it difficult to install a playfield protector?

At the inlanes are small wire ball guides (how to remove that without damage) and there is many more to remove on the upper side.

I hade dimples on an expensive new machine.

#5912 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

PRO, PREM and LE are all in that directory. It has several pages.

The straight down pro picture he asked for isn't in that gallery. You seem to be missing something here?

#5913 8 years ago

Why is the "Containment Unit" called the "Storage Facility?"
I feel like such a nerd typing that out.

#5914 8 years ago

Premium/LE vs Pro in HD

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#5915 8 years ago
#5916 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

No chance of this.

Yeah, there's no action button in the final product.

#5917 8 years ago

I bet you Mezel mods is already drawing up the plans to build a 3D building with flashers for the Pro just like the LE/Premium.
It looks like the Pro will need a Cliffy for that saucer hole shot as well.

#5918 8 years ago

I don't buy Stern games but if I did, I would go with the LE all the way.

#5919 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I don't buy Stern games but if I did, I would go with the LE all the way.

I just bought an LE from Gameroom Guys. Really like the bright art and the extra playfield goodies were worth it to me.

#5920 8 years ago

Are the any LE production dates?

#5921 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

The ball drops down into the saucer.

Ah yes, going back and looking at the mergered photo I see there is a space for the ball to come out. I had thought it was a metal wall like a scoop, but it's actually open

#5922 8 years ago

I hope Cliffy gets protectors made for these ASAP.

#5923 8 years ago

This table is gorgeous. Right up there with Metallica in terms of artwork.

#5924 8 years ago
Quoted from HeroPixel:

Max Von Sydow voiced Vigo. Vigo was played by a german man named, Wilhelm von Homburg. He was an ex-boxer and the son of a Nazi. They couldn't have chosen a better villain.

You can't choose your parents.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5925 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

There is a way round that issue.
Very thin acrylic/plastic under lightboards.
Did it on TWD - looks great - like an insert should

Thank you very much for that little trick. I had no interest at all in the previous games because of all that bright white light in the GI lighting. I still wish they were RGB....but as said its just another example of their cost cutting. Its hard to believe that they could not get GI lights in the lower color of the spectrum.
That being said...I ordered a premium. I will buy a pair of the droopy side rails to protect the area around the flipper buttons and have them sent out with the legs and hinges for powdercoating to go with the cabinet colors.

#5926 8 years ago
Quoted from j69:

The straight down pro picture he asked for isn't in that gallery. You seem to be missing something here?

Regardless, I still provided the straight down pro photo. Lets move on and now figure out what one is the best choice to buy.

#5927 8 years ago

It looks like I'm in for the LE

Time to make myself a stiff drink to ease the pain

#5928 8 years ago

Have all the LEs been sold by the distributors?

I'd imagine Automated will be the last to sell out due to their prices.

#5929 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'd imagine Automated will be the last to sell out due to their prices.

I thought all prices had to be the same now…

#5930 8 years ago

Main questions is ....what's next ?

Too much drooling going on now!
Need some distraction

#5933 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think that prices just can't be below a certain level, I'm guessing higher than MSRP is ok

#5934 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The only thing I could see Stern enforcing is a minimum price they cannot go below, however with how many people have connections and distributors they have purchased multiple machines off in the past I am sure there will still be people getting good deals (it just won't be public knowledge).

#5935 8 years ago
makes noise too?

speculation:
· I'm watching the Ghostbusters Pinball Announcement video (that Stern posted on their Facebook page) frame. by. frame. by. frame.

more speculation:
· after the gameplay video hits (speculation: tomorrow) any remaining LEs will be sold out and Stern will have a "hit" on their hands. Doctor Flash delivers again. wow.

#5936 8 years ago

If the ghost projection is dope then I'd have to go Premium.

If the ghost is lame I'd go Pro

No matter what I'm not buying shit until code is done. While I'm in "bitch mode" let me say I'm annoyed it's DMD... will have to wait to see what's next before making any commitments.

Regardless the game looks fantastic. Well done Stern. Hoe Lee Shit it is such a well implementation of the GB theme. Can't wait to hear music & call outs.

My wife & daughter are on board with this title too. My kid is 2 years old so that was an easy conversation lol. My wife is 34 so Zombie Yeti & Sterns licensing dept get credit for closing that deal. She was a fashion major & GB nerd so art, style & GB nostalgia made her say "get that machine".

Edit: she's 33 for another month. I'm sure her eye twitched when I typed 34

#5937 8 years ago

I was just getting comfortable with the idea of buying GoT, and now GB looks awesome. If Stern keeps on hitting apparent home runs I may never buy my next NIB

#5938 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm hearing late April or early May for the LE.

#5939 8 years ago

I've looked at all the pictures posted here... where is the LCD screen? Do we have to supply our own?

#5940 8 years ago

I'm in for the LE.

#5941 8 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Stern has a new unilateral pricing policy. Which means every vendor is supposed to be charging the same.

Pretty sure this has been tried before with many other companies and it eventually ends in a price-fixing type action. Even MAPs end up in trouble, depending on how they're implemented.

#5942 8 years ago
Quoted from DHG:

I've looked at all the pictures posted here... where is the LCD screen? Do we have to supply our own?

The image for the ecto-goggles is generated on a small LCD above the clear disc where the ghosts appear.

#5943 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

April (but probably really May).

#5944 8 years ago

game_of_thrones_stern_pinball_3_(resized).jpggame_of_thrones_stern_pinball_3_(resized).jpg

gtfoh_(resized).jpggtfoh_(resized).jpg

#5945 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I was just getting comfortable with the idea of buying GoT, and now GB looks awesome. If Stern keeps on hitting apparent home runs I may never buy my next NIB

Same here! Was gonna go with GoT pro as my first NIB ever, but now I'm very seriously considering GB premium instead. Can't wait to see this thing in action!

#5946 8 years ago

I've managed to waste a whole day at work looking at Ghostbuster pinball news. Trying to decide LE/Premium. Wondering if there will be a Ghostbuster "Luci" edition... good times!

#5947 8 years ago

When GB pics first broke out today I had to squint & look at them via my phone.

Decided when I got home I needed to examine every detail on the 120"

Theres so much to look at. Good lord!

20160310_175026_(resized).jpg20160310_175026_(resized).jpg

#5948 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

The image for the ecto-goggles is generated on a small LCD above the clear disc where the ghosts appear.

Haha... thanks, but I was just being sarcastic about the DMD... as huge a fan that I am (and currently in the market for a machine) this is unacceptable to me in this day and age... and thus a deal breaker. And if everyone else would man up and boycot Stern on this then maybe they would wake up and give in already. I'm out... I'll always have the movie.

#5949 8 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Cross the streams add-on possible? These plugs are in both outlanes on both the LE/Premium and Pro playfield photos.
streams_(resized).jpg

Is this a Direct Ink Pf? Am I seeing things? Normal DI pfs before production have all that grain.

#5950 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I'm hearing late April or early May for the LE.

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/119 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.