IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 360.
#5751 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Not always the case. Arwen plastic required getting a license for her likeness which was not renewed later on.

Max von Sydow was not the actor who played Viggo.

#5752 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

I want to see those magnetic slings in action, as they make me weary.

Yeah, me too. But they're not on the pro, are they?

#5754 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

They might not have want to paid to license him.

They better add him. You can't have a season of evil without Vigo. I mean, he's not hard to find. Just got to the Castle Of Pain, look for the Throne of Blood. He's usually sitting on it.

#5755 8 years ago

Besides....it seems Sony has anything Ghostbusters or Ghostbusters II related wrapped up in a nice package ready for licensing. It's all over the place lately.

#5756 8 years ago

Brightly colored illustrations, lots of molded toys that interact with gameplay, oozing with character and love for the material.

Will have to know how it plays of course, but at first impression this machine captures just about everything I love about pinball machines.

#5757 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Max von Sydow was not the actor who played Viggo.

Max Von Sydow voiced Vigo. Vigo was played by a german man named, Wilhelm von Homburg. He was an ex-boxer and the son of a Nazi. They couldn't have chosen a better villain.

#5758 8 years ago
Quoted from HeroPixel:

Max Von Sydow voiced Vigo. Vigo was played by a german man named, Wilhelm von Homburg. He was an ex-boxer and the son of a Nazi. They couldn't have chosen a better villain.

#5759 8 years ago

Shut. Up. And. Take. My. MONEY.

Zombie Yeti absolutely crushed it. Stern, never let him go.

#5760 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

So where did this end up?

image_(resized).jpg

Probably in one of the holograms on the LE or premium version

#5761 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Having magnet slings instead of conventional slingshots might prove to be a very good decision. Less moving parts and you can ramdomize the strength of the push / pull of the magnets as well as making the ball go in unexpected patterns.

Yeah, changing something that worked really well for about 60 years over to magnets sounds like a fabulous idea.

We all know we've never seen any wear or burn problems with magnets on a pinball machine before.

I would think this is a gimmick for this particular game, not something we'll see on the reg.

#5762 8 years ago

Is it just me or does the front decal on the pro look better than the premium?

#5763 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Surprised nobody has shown the different ball flow, from flipper shots to ramps, between Pro vs Prem/LE.

It really seems that most everybody on Pinside has the means to buy the Prem or LE so it isn't getting discussed much. I think the ramp situation on the Pro is a big letdown. Going from a controlled shot on the LE to a completely out of control shot on the Pro is a bummer and will change the gameplay quite a bit. Maybe someday I will be able to afford one of the Premiums, but not at this point. I look forward to playing the pro though at TPF and forming a proper opinion of it.

#5764 8 years ago

The story goes, they never told him he was dubbed so the night of the premier, he was very excited, but the moment he heard his character, he stormed out of the theater and refused to talk to press. There was an article written about him recently. It's a pretty interesting read. Kinda sad though.

http://deadspin.com/the-hateful-life-and-spiteful-death-of-the-man-who-was-1737376537

#5765 8 years ago

Here they are side by side. I like pieces of each!

GBLineUp_(resized).jpgGBLineUp_(resized).jpg

#5766 8 years ago
Quoted from HeroPixel:

Yes, I know. And that was my point. Wouldn't be some super-star who demands separate licensing for his likeness. Probably already built into the bundle Sony licensed this with.

#5767 8 years ago

Am I crazy to consider getting a premium AND a pro, swapping cabinets, and selling the pro?

#5768 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Am I crazy to consider getting a premium AND a pro, swapping cabinets, and selling the pro?

Just a little lol.

#5769 8 years ago

Tough call here.

If I get the LE, it will be squeezed between a Shrek and Hulk. I'd own Stern's Green Triumvirate.

#5770 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm with you! I prefer the pro cabinet with either the Pro or the Premium translite. But I want the Premium features! Darn it! The LE is my least favorite but I'm an impatient moron and a HUGE Ghostbusters fan so I'm in for an LE and later on down the line I may swap it for a Premium. If the Premium decides to hit right around when the LE hits then I'll switch over and cancel my LE. First world problems guys...

#5771 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Yes, I know. And that was my point. Wouldn't be some super-star who demands separate licensing for his likeness. Probably already built into the bundle Sony licensed this with.

Watch the video I posted. He is a bit sour about ghostbusters. He may very well not allow his likeness to be used out of spite.

#5772 8 years ago

Just dropped the news to my brother ( King Nine above), and my son that I have a Premium on pre order.
What a great day

#5773 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Having magnet slings instead of conventional slingshots might prove to be a very good decision. Less moving parts and you can ramdomize the strength of the push / pull of the magnets as well as making the ball go in unexpected patterns.

I think it's a neat idea but different isn't always better. The thing about traditional slings is you can anticipate their behavior. Seems like the magnets may be an even greater randomizer. I wouldn't enjoy hitting a sling shot and have the magnets fling the ball down the middle.

#5774 8 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Here they are side by side. I like pieces of each!

GBLineUp_(resized).jpg

Yes - I like the dogs on the pro, sides of the head on the prem and just about everything about the LE.

This is so refreshing compared to the GOT release....I haven't heard a *single* person complain about the art. Are you seeing this Stern?!

And congrats to Trudeau - the playfield looks stellar - so much going on!

#5775 8 years ago

Wish we had better photos of the right ramps area on the Pro. A pic of the Pro, at the same angle, with the same content, as this one of the LE. Wanting to compare the Pro to the Prem/LE in this area.

gb-pro-right-ramps2_(resized).pnggb-pro-right-ramps2_(resized).png

ramps5_(resized).jpgramps5_(resized).jpg

#5776 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yes because frankly the pro cab is only slightly better they are very very similar, and personally I prefer the premium backbox and translight.

#5777 8 years ago

Can't really complain about any version. They all look pretty good. Pro doesn't look stripped down and you get worthy upgrades on prem/le. Art package looks good on all. I'm not feeling the green on the le all that much but it fits the theme and still looks good. All look fun and inviting to play. First time I have been really interested in buying a premium. Stern killed it.

#5778 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Watch the video I posted. He is a bit sour about ghostbusters. He may very well not allow his likeness to be used out of spite.

And I was saying, he may not have that luxury. Many times, the studio controls the likeness for merchandising, unless it's a super-star and it's in their contract to be excluded.

Also, the actor likeness was in the recent Ghostbusters video game.

#5779 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I also like the pro cab and translite the best. Get some dark blue powdercoated armor for the win.

#5780 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I think it's a neat idea but different isn't always better. The thing about traditional slings is you can anticipate their behavior. Seems like the magnets may be an even greater randomizer. I wouldn't enjoy hitting a sling shot and have the magnets fling the ball down the middle.

on C2C Jody did mention that the slings were the first thing that was developed, so they have had a lot of time with them. I doubt they are a complete nightmare.

#5781 8 years ago

Sorry if I missed it in all the post frenzy, but has anyone figured out how the ball lock works on the pro? It looks like there is a sideways "up" post that pokes out and stops the ball and it appears it will get diverted into a sort of pocket area on the ramp itself? Almost looks like multiple balls could be physically locked there? That would ALMOST be cooler than the underground lock (if that's how the LE works), but the idea of the ball diving under the playfield is pretty awesome.

What about Slimer on prem/LE vs pro? Feature matrix makes it sound like they both will move but the prem/LE one will rotate as well? Does that mean they both move like a smaller Batman crane, but on the prem/LE Slimer himself spins around on the end of the support? Not sure if I'm interpreting that correctly.

Also is it a good assumption that the pro ramps in the pics are prototype ramps and the real ones will be more clear like traditional ones, or do you think they were shooting for a frosted look? Not a huge deal either way there.

Looks pretty freaking awesome no matter the model. I bet Mezel is already designing a library for the pro...

#5782 8 years ago

closest one I could find and looks like the ramp has a collection point

stern-ghostbusterspro-details-03jpg-0d86a1_640w_(resized).jpgstern-ghostbusterspro-details-03jpg-0d86a1_640w_(resized).jpg

#5784 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Yes, hope they'd show some gameplay video before the 15th.

#5785 8 years ago

Wow.... This is the first time I can say... Good Job Stern They hired an Illustrator and not a crack head off the street!! I may have to sell something to buy my first NIB...

#5786 8 years ago

That's what it looks like to me. I bet there is a kicker hidden behind the storage facility plastic to get the balls back on to the ramp when kicking out. I hope there is room to collect multiple balls there. I love physical ball locks that are visible!

#5787 8 years ago

12 shots on GB vs 8 on GOT.

=50% more fun?.GB for the win!

#5788 8 years ago

that merge image makes sense now and sort suggests that the balls go to a ball lock ?

d48185d4ca69167822084fa7ac9067f389b5c6ad_(resized).jpgd48185d4ca69167822084fa7ac9067f389b5c6ad_(resized).jpg

#5789 8 years ago

Also the hologram hope that's nice, why can't it be seen, hope it's not like the magic glow in the dark UV paint on Predator that no one could see.

#5790 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Make enough noise like with the Road Case as Stern has been proven to reconsider options for their customers. It is just a matter of which cabinet to install the playfield in, right?

Brad

#5791 8 years ago

I think the Vegas show setup is today. Hopefully we will get some live shots.

#5792 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Certainly one of their distributors has enough pull to have a premium made with a pro cab. Just find out who their largest distributor is and have them make a phone call for you.

#5793 8 years ago

Losing My mind here....I understand the differences from the Matrix between LE and Premium,
But after reading all I could, ....and I cant find again.....

Did I read that the LE will have additional coding or game play features not found on the Premium?

#5794 8 years ago

I'm in on the LE but spellcheck is like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

awful_(resized).pngawful_(resized).png

#5795 8 years ago

I love the "twinkie" plastic next to the containment unit. That is very well done, and a great tip of the hat to the movie. Those lil details are what mean a lot in the grand scheme of things.

#5796 8 years ago

Sad just realized the gameplay video will likely be the pro so we won't be able to see the magnet slings or holograms.

#5797 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Also the hologram hope that's nice, why can't it be seen, hope it's not like the magic glow in the dark UV paint on Predator that no one could see.

IGN had a photo of it

stern-ghostbustersle-details-05xjpg-c74fc4_765w_(resized).jpgstern-ghostbustersle-details-05xjpg-c74fc4_765w_(resized).jpg

#5798 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

IGN had a photo of it

stern-ghostbustersle-details-05xjpg-c74fc4_765w_(resized).jpg

Yeah, but that's just a Photoshop approximation.

The real thing should look much nicer.

#5799 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

This looks absolutely amazing! Really impressed except for the DMD, but maybe that is because I have been looking at WOZ and Hobbit for my next game.
This makes a strong case regardless.

With you 100%
This is 2016... its just stupid to make a machine with a DMD. I'm one of the biggest GB fans on the planet but I may have to go with WOZ or Hobbit just because of this.

#5800 8 years ago

I like the pinball machine in the firehouse. Just like the movie. Nice touch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.