IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 360.
#5701 8 years ago

The LE looks the best to me. The premium not so much.

#5702 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Hard to tell but looks like the premium has the same trim as the pro.

Yep, no more exclusive armor on the Premiums. They get the same armor as the Pros. It's been this way for a while now.

But I'm sure the Stern Shop will be selling upgraded armor for an extra cost.

#5703 8 years ago

The more I look at that LE the more I'm digging it!
ZY is the man!!!

#5704 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Pro is missing a ramp? Is that correct? That'd be a deal killer for me.

It is there, but it is a WWE style ramp that goes around and comes down the left ramp.

#5705 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It's a "different" ramp. The right ramp shares the main ramp but goes backwards on the pro. It's a completely separate ramp on premium/LE.

#5706 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It has a different ramp in place of the Ecto Goggles.

#5707 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

It is there, but it is a WWE style ramp that goes around and comes down the left ramp.

Ok trying to look at these pics on my phone.

#5708 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Some interesting notes:
No action button.
Color changers under only the arrow inserts on all models. No sweeping light show on Premiums/LE.
Proton beams seemed to have not made the final cut. They were on the earlier CAD model.
Stern only mentioned the Ghostbusters song as being in the game, no other songs from the 2 soundtracks.
I see the Scoleri brothers.....wonder if anything else from Ghostbusters II will be found on the DMD animations/modes.

I wonder why they went away from all RGB LEDs under inserts (on Premium/LEs)...cost with everything else they added in? Being a lover of a good light show, that was always a big seller in the Premium/LE category for me.

When did Stern also move away from a traditional lockdown bar on Premium/LE? Is that new, or has that been around for a while?

Game looks great...has me considering picking one up...just not sure if Pro or Premium. I think I will wait it out and take my time deciding...

#5709 8 years ago

What do you guys think of the magnet slings? Has this been done before? Not sure about reinventing the wheel but I hope they're not buggy.

#5710 8 years ago

If any distributor has an LE available please PM me.

Thank you

#5711 8 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

When did Stern also move away from a traditional lockdown bar on Premium/LE? Is that new, or has that been around for a while?

The latch-style lockdown bar on Premium/LE models was introduced on GOT Premium/LEs. Works much better I think.

#5712 8 years ago

lol, wait to you see the topper and other accessories (yes, the inner art blades are also done by ZombiYeti)!

And so continues the 2016 Stern juggernaut, with 2 more cornerstone releases, another Vault Edition release, and the second "studio" release all ~planned~ for this year. Way to go Gary and company!

#5713 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

The clamp-style lockdown bar was on GOT Premium/LEs as well. Works much better I think.

Is the "clamp-style" the same as the latch style I am familiar with from the Tron Pro I had? Or did they rework the lockdown bar style further?

#5714 8 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Is the "clamp-style" the same as the latch style I am familiar with from the Tron Pro I had? Or did they rework the lockdown bar style further?

Yes, clamp = latch style. Sorry for any confusion. Same style that they were using on Pro models like Mustang, etc.

#5715 8 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

yes.

#5716 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Yes, clamp = latch style. Sorry for any confusion. Same style that they were using on Pro models like Mustang, etc.

Thanks

#5717 8 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I wonder why they went away from all RGB LEDs under inserts (on Premium/LEs)...cost with everything else they added in? Being a lover of a good light show, that was always a big seller in the Premium/LE category for me.
Game looks great...has me considering picking one up...just not sure if Pro or Premium. I think I will wait it out and take my time deciding...

Yeah they've kind of reversed course a bit since Star Trek LE (lighted armor, lighted side, full light show treatment, etc). It would have been cool on the Slimer LE to actually have cutouts of Slimer in the armor that light up as if he's moving, ala the Star Trek phasers.

#5718 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Yeah they've kind of reversed course a bit since Star Trek LE (lighted armor, lighted side, full light show treatment, etc). It would have been cool on the Slimer LE to actually have cutouts of Slimer in the armor that light up as if he's moving, ala the Star Trek phasers.

Seems to be only ritchie games that have all changing Leds.

#5719 8 years ago

What is the "metal arch" they mention in the feature list on the Premium and LE?

#5720 8 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

lol, wait to you see the topper and other accessories (yes, the inner art blades are also done by ZombiYeti)!
And so continues the 2016 Stern juggernaut, with 2 more cornerstone releases, another Vault Edition release, and the second "studio" release all ~planned~ for this year. Way to go Gary and company!

Lightbar?

#5721 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Seems to be only ritchie games that have all changing Leds.

Hope this game doesn't burn your retinas like GOT

#5722 8 years ago

Jack must be having a stroke about now.

#5723 8 years ago

I think I like the LE art package the best but I think it has the worst of the three translites. All are good but I like the pro tanslite the best.

#5724 8 years ago
Quoted from Canuck:

We are truly in a new golden age of pinball.

Really?

Screen_Shot_2016-03-10_at_2.26.09_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-03-10_at_2.26.09_PM_(resized).png

#5725 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hope this game doesn't burn your retinas like GOT

There is a way round that issue.

Very thin acrylic/plastic under lightboards.

Did it on TWD - looks great - like an insert should

#5726 8 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I think it all looks great, and Stern quite possibly nailed this one, but they clearly cut corners in some areas to enhance other areas.

#5727 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Really?
Screen_Shot_2016-03-10_at_2.26.09_PM_(resized).png

Yes really. Aerosmith with LCD or Ghostbusters with DMD. Easy choice. Lots of innovative stuff on the playfield.

#5728 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes really. Aerosmith with LCD or Ghostbusters with DMD. Easy choice. Lots of innovative stuff on the playfield.

Blech is Aerosmith really up next? Think I'd prefer to see those grizzled bastards in pixelated DMD anyway, waste of a good LCD!

#5729 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Agreed I will take a playfield jammed with new cool toys and kick ass cabinet and playfield art over an LCD all day long!
DMOD will get us hooked up with colorized Dots down the road

#5730 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What is the "metal arch" they mention in the feature list on the Premium and LE?

Its the apron

#5731 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Its the apron

Sweet! LE and Prem have metal apron.

#5732 8 years ago

Having magnet slings instead of conventional slingshots might prove to be a very good decision. Less moving parts and you can ramdomize the strength of the push / pull of the magnets as well as making the ball go in unexpected patterns. Ball hits switch and depending on where you are in the progression or in which mode you are might make the slingshot behave very differently. I might have to put this game under my xmas tree this year (hoping CDN dollar comes back close to par...aka wishful thinking).

#5733 8 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Don't get me wrong, I think it all looks great, and Stern quite possibly nailed this one, but they clearly cut corners in some areas to enhance other areas.

I agree.

#5734 8 years ago

Surprised nobody has shown the different ball flow, from flipper shots to ramps, between Pro vs Prem/LE.

#5735 8 years ago

Can't wait.. Now we just need the Iron Maiden(band)Pin

#5736 8 years ago

Just whipped up this gem, scrolling through the different trainslite/backglasses....

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess we don't do animated GIF's anymore

#5737 8 years ago

To be honest, I didn't care one bit for the Slimer LE leaked art (which was obviously just an early version), and I've been obsessed with Stay Puft for a good 20+ years now...

However, after seeing the final product, I love all three versions, but the LE's colors are quite possibly I've ever seen on a machine. If I were spending my make-believe money in my head, I think I'd have to go with the LE.

Seriously though, if these look this great on a computer screen, I can't even imagine how much better they'll be in-person.

#5739 8 years ago

Fattrain are you in on this one? LE or Premium??

#5740 8 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

There are likely more available, especially in Canada. I just pre ordered mine about 15 mins ago.

Talked to nitro amusements this morning and they still have le's if anyone is looking.

#5741 8 years ago

Questions: Where's Vigo The Carpathian? He should be there haunting hte playfield somewhere. You've got the Scaleri Brothers from the second film, but not Vigo The Carpathian? Poor Max Von Sydow. Secondly, If the library and the storge unit are 3D vacumolded plastic and painted, why is the firehouse just a piece of folded metal with stickers? Seems like for 8 grand you'd get a 3D molded firehouse. Whatever. I'm sure Mezelmods will make one. Can't wait to see video of it in action.

#5742 8 years ago

The color palette, city scene in the background, and train track ramp/subway = will complement my Who Dunnit? very nicely.

#5743 8 years ago

I'm guessing there will be some Ghostbusters II modes, it's just that the original movie got the love on the physical parts of this beauty.

#5744 8 years ago

I'm really liking this one, Premium is beautiful. This nails the theme, so much better then GOT did.

#5745 8 years ago
Quoted from HeroPixel:

Questions: Where's Vigo The Carpathian? He should be there haunting hte playfield somewhere. You've got the Scaleri Brothers from the second film, but not Vigo The Carpathian? Poor Max Von Sydow. Secondly, If the library and the storge unit are 3D vacumolded plastic and painted, why is the firehouse just a piece of folded metal with stickers? Seems like for 8 grand you'd get a 3D molded firehouse. Whatever. I'm sure Mezelmods will make one. Can't wait to see video of it in action.

They might not have want to paid to license him.

#5746 8 years ago

To all of you considering it, what is really the deciding factor for you between the Prem/LE and the Pro (besides cost of course). For me, I'm very interested to see how the hologram works. If it is a dud and doesn't live up to the expectations (ala "galaxy light show" on STLE/Prem), I will be partial to the pro. Obviously it's all speculation at this point until more pictures and videos get released, but I am just trying to plan ahead. I either keep one of my games and buy the pro, or sell one of them and splurge for the Prem.

Decisions Decisions....

#5747 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

They might not have want to paid to license him.

Only if they wanted to hire him for custom speech. I'm sure they got all the assets from both movies at their disposal.

#5748 8 years ago

Looks awesome. Hopefully Color DMD eventually works on Spike games. I want to see those magnetic slings in action, as they make me weary.

#5749 8 years ago

All the models have awesome artwork but im going with the premium so I can have all the features of this awesome theme/pin. I mean a subway with a ball lock , magnetic slings, hologram, moving bash toy, 2 captive balls and so much more . Very awesome

#5750 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Only if they wanted to hire him for custom speech. I'm sure they got all the assets from both movies at their disposal.

Not always the case. Arwen plastic required getting a license for her likeness which was not renewed later on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/115 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.