IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 360.
#5051 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Yes, a distributor confirmed with me that it looks like Stern is knocking the LE number down to 500 units worldwide for GB.

That's a little bit lower but, in the end probably better that it's a limited number so it sells out sooner.

I kind of liked on STLE with 799 (iirc) that I could buy a NIB several months after release.

#5052 8 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Come on guys. Isn't this pricing stuff common knowledge? Msrp means nothing. Ever buy a car?
For pinball , subtract $1000

I didn't know you can pay less than MSRP. Looks like I'm putting on my haggling boots on for my next pin.

#5053 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Yes, a distributor confirmed with me that it looks like Stern is knocking the LE number down to 500 units worldwide for GB.

If the Slimer LE sells out fast, I would not be surprised if Stern came out with another LE or Premium later on like they did with the AC/DC Luci. Wouldn't a Zuul and the Gozer the destructor version be kick ass?

Gozar_(resized).pngGozar_(resized).png

#5055 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

If the Slimer LE sells out fast, I would not be surprised if Stern came out with another LE or Premium later on like they did with the AC/DC Luci. Wouldn't a Zuul and the GoZar the destructor version be kick ass?

Gozar_(resized).png

Stern will never come out with another LE.

Different Premiums? Always a possibility.

#5056 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Stern will never come out with another LE.
Different Premiums? Always a possibility.

There were 2 AC/DC LE's released. Though the 500 quantity was split between them.

#5057 8 years ago

My distributer confirmed all LEs aloted to them have been sold !

#5058 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

There were 2 AC/DC LE's released. Though the 500 quantity was split between them.

They were made at the same time. The total amount created was known at launch.

Bringing back an LE later and adding to its numbers defeats the purpose of an LE.

#5059 8 years ago

Perhaps but there are dozens of distributers left to call ....

Quoted from golfingdad1:

#5060 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Perhaps but there are dozens of distributers left to call ....

Who are you gonna call??

#5061 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

April / 2013 / Metallica / LE / $7595
I paid $6800 shipped... To give you some comparison of what stern says and what real world price was

the cheapest price I was quoted for MET LE on the day of release was $7195.00 and it sold out that same day, so I am also curious who was selling them for $6800?

#5062 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I scratch my head at low number request. What is it good for? To be able to say "I have the number 1 machine". I believe it is a mis-understood perception. I was told that Stern does not keep track of numbered plaques and they are randomly taken out of a mixed box to place on games as the line moves. For an extra fee you can request a specific number and Stern will set a game aside for a particular number request. It does not particularly mean that it was the first machine produced on the line. On a side note I know several people that want one of the last machines off the line because they feel they are the highest quality in terms of workmanship and product.

I hear you and it is completely different as collecting sports cards or other collectibles. Like the magical number 8 for asian people who is suppose to bring good luck.

but still, some people acknowledge more value to certain numbers. Just look at the Tron LE numero 400 of 400 on sale at $15000 on another thread.

crazy

#5063 8 years ago

A pin show in Italy just announced they will have a Ghostbusters at their show which is a week before TPF.
If Stern can get a machine over seas that fast then TPF should be no problem.

#5064 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

A pin show in Italy just announced they will have a Ghostbusters at their show which is a week before TPF.
If Stern can get a machine over seas that fast then TPF should be no problem.

Italian Enada show is March 16-18'th, Expo in Vegas is March 15-17'th, TPF is March 18-20'th. The question is if Stern made enough machines to support all three of these shows simultaneously. I hope they did because it would be great to see and play Rob Zombie, Alien, and Ghostbusters at the show.

#5065 8 years ago

Word on the street is that Stern will be releasing a "Classic" Ghostbusters pin early next year unrelated to the female reboot of the same name. Interested in Pinsiders speculation, wants, desires and fears about this pin.
LCD? Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man LE? Lyman code? Mini-Playfields? Viggo? Akroyd and Murray custom speech?
Endless possibilities. I am stoked about this one!

where's the pics??

#5066 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

There are still LEs available. I found one this morning.

#5067 8 years ago

What? I hope they don't make a "Classic" again. They did this with Iron man and it was a terrible, terrible idea:
-Classic doesn't have the two magnets
-the cabinet is pressboard
-the coin door is just a flat plate
-the PCBs are mounted in the bottom of the cabinet, cabinet art is a little different, inserts are LEDs (other bulbs may be too, I'm not sure). - - It is free play only
-Kicker removed from War Machine.
-Whiplash Toy removed.
-Missing some flasher dome lights

Word on the street is that Stern will be releasing a "Classic" Ghostbusters pin early next year unrelated to the female reboot of the same name. Interested in Pinsiders speculation, wants, desires and fears about this pin.
LCD? Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man LE? Lyman code? Mini-Playfields? Viggo? Akroyd and Murray custom speech?
Endless possibilities. I am stoked about this one!

#5068 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What? I hope they don't make a "Classic" again. They did this with Iron man and it was a terrible, terrible idea:
-Classic doesn't have the two magnets
-the cabinet is pressboard
-the coin door is just a flat plate
-the PCBs are mounted in the bottom of the cabinet, cabinet art is a little different, inserts are LEDs (other bulbs may be too, I'm not sure). - - It is free play only
-Kicker removed from War Machine.
-Whiplash Toy removed.
-Missing some flasher dome lights

"Classic" refers to it being based on the original "classic" Ghostbusters movie, not the pinball machine type.

#5070 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

where's the pics??

What pics? Many have posted on here, and they get yanked.

#5071 8 years ago

What pics? Many have posted on here, and they get yanked.

Send me some by PM. I haven't seen them yet.

#5072 8 years ago

There is not a feature for attaching photos to a PM is there?

#5073 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Send me some by PM. I haven't seen them yet.

Google is your friend

#5074 8 years ago

yes Google...I got my GB LE on ordered and confirmed...just don't know what number

#5075 8 years ago

Paid in full on my LE Friday bitches. No idea what number as who knows how many they are making.
If a premium is planned, they should reduce the LE numbers, but doubt greedy Gary would do that.
Gut feeling tells me it's gonna be a monster seller.

#5076 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

the cheapest price I was quoted for MET LE on the day of release was $7195.00 and it sold out that same day, so I am also curious who was selling them for $6800?

I just paid 6700 for my game of thrones prem

#5078 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

who knows how many they are making.

They are making 500 GB LEs.

#5079 8 years ago

Hopefully Stern will release all the info this week.

#5080 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I didn't know you can pay less than MSRP. Looks like I'm putting on my haggling boots on for my next pin.

Not at Starburst! They're the only game in town.

If you want to pay less, buy in the US and import.

#5081 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Paid in full on my LE Friday bitches. No idea what number as who knows how many they are making.
If a premium is planned, they should reduce the LE numbers, but doubt greedy Gary would do that.
Gut feeling tells me it's gonna be a monster seller.

Lol.
Bragging about buying an LE before the actual release announcement even, but Stern should reduce the number of LE models, otherwise it's "Greedy Gary".
Hate to burst your bubble, but the universe doesn't actually revolve around you.
Stern is a for-profit company. If you pay in full before the announcement takes place, what message does that send to Stern? That they should make MORE, or FEWER LE models?

#5082 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Not at Starburst! They're the only game in town.
If you want to pay less, buy in the US and import.

Making the trek to the U.S. Will save you some cash, but Starburst seems to be priced just low enough that I don't find that trip to be worthwhile unless you're buying 2 or more pins at once.
If you're paying full msrp at Starburst, you're doing something very, very wrong.

#5084 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

If you pay in full before the announcement takes place, what message does that send to Stern?

Once preordered pins are officially released and photos are published, buyers typically have 48 hours to change their mind and get a refund. So really, you are just holding a spot in line until you see the release materials.

#5085 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Hopefully Stern will release all the info this week.

5 more days.

#5086 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure that a lot of you "I got the LE ordered" guys are the same guys that said "I'm never buying another game till it ships with code complete"

Way to show the man.

rd

#5087 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I'm pretty sure that a lot of you "I got the LE ordered" guys are the same guys that said "I'm never buying another game till it ships with code complete"
Way to show the man.
rd

To funny Dave. Makes me wonder too.

#5089 8 years ago

How is that code working out for Kiss? Hopefully the code will be as awesome as the layout for Ghostbusters looks like it will be.

#5090 8 years ago

So... The same day hobbit ships! (well apparently)

#5091 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Way to show the man.
rd

Or, "I'm not buying an LE unless Lyman is doing the code". One of the guys that says he has a GBLE on order has probably said this at least fifty times in the past couple of years.

#5092 8 years ago

I've been looking for release information, is there anything posted anywhere?

Or are people just buying LE's blindly?

#5093 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You're confusing MSRP with street prices. Mid-$6000s is the norm.

Low 6's was the norm. Now mid 6's. Inevitable I guess. Not trying to be a downer. I do hope that we get a lot of game and features with GB for what seems like yet another $100 uptick. Seems like yesterday Premiums were shipping at $6,200. That price to me feels justifiable. But $6,700 - as someone reported paying in this thread - just feels like a gouge. IMO.

#5094 8 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

Good question. I'm curious too

#5095 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Low 6's was the norm. Now mid 6's. Inevitable I guess. Not trying to be a downer. I do hope that we get a lot of game and features with GB for what seems like yet another $100 uptick. Seems like yesterday Premiums were shipping at $6,200. That price to me feels justifiable. But $6,700 - as someone reported paying in this thread - just feels like a gouge. IMO.

Feels like economics.

#5096 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Bragging about buying an LE before the actual release announcement even, but Stern should reduce the number of LE models, otherwise it's "Greedy Gary".
Hate to burst your bubble, but the universe doesn't actually revolve around you.

I wasn't bragging, just was excited when I posted. I think the LE model needs to be "limited" and 799 or 800 aren't limited. 500 is limited and I'm happy if that is the number. If there's no Premium, then by all means increase the number so more people can have the fully featured game. That's all I'm sayin.

Had Stern not taken care of the Avengers code, and walking dead code and the radically improved WWE code recently, you're right - I would have waited longer. But IMHO they have proven they will take care of game code and finish their games even if it takes a couple years. The ass-ton of inserts, the handdrawn artwork and fun theme is what sold me on it.

#5097 8 years ago

They are doing it sight unseen. Most everyone has seen the pics floating around, but I'm not buying the game based on just that.

If I play the game and love it, I'm probably in for a Pro.

#5098 8 years ago

One correction, people are *ordering* blindly but after the pictures drop they should have an opportunity to get a refund on their deposit.

Pre-ordering is like Metallica insurance, if the game sells out immediately you have one on hold.

#5099 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

They are doing it sight unseen. Most everyone has seen the pics floating around, but I'm not buying the game based on just that.

This is where I am at too. I am tempted to just put money down, but I want to know about the differences first. I really like the 'pro' artwork that's been thrown around, but not sure what to expect on the premium....

#5100 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I hear ya, I feel the same way. I have an LE spot being held but these crazy NIB prices are really making me think about what I'm getting for $5k-$8k. The pro is likely going to lack the right ramp dropping under the playfield and the interactive ghost feature, maybe even the proton pack gun toys as well. Are those items and powder coated armor worth $3k-$3.5k to me? Not really. With the pro we would still get the incredible art package, sounds like the drop targets in the middle of the playfield will still be there, same ramp shots and captive ball whatever gizmo toy (lol).

I'm sure the premium and LE are going to be amazing but I hope that the pro provides a value feel that Metallica Pro does. Some pros just feel lackluster and not worth the asking price but Stern did the opposite with Metallica Pro. I hope the same thing happens with Ghostbusters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.