(Topic ID: 316286)

Official Southern-Fried Gaming Expo 2022 Hype Thread (SFGE)

By NoCashValue

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by flipnout1
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220716_170550 (resized).jpg
    20220716_170557 (resized).jpg
    20220716_154643 (resized).jpg
    E22634EB-FC66-4D83-A54C-3CAE6221A928 (resized).jpeg
    20220713_212935 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220622-171503_Facebook (resized).jpg
    There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 1 year ago

Summer is heating up, which means it's time for another Southern-Fried Gaming Expo! Join us in Atlanta July 15-17th for our ninth-annual event full of family-friendly fun at the Cobb Galleria Centre and Renaissance Waverly Hotel with hundreds of pinball and arcade games on freeplay. If you've never been to SFGE before, we have the pins & arcades you love PLUS retro & modern consoles, huge tabletop gaming area, RPGs, live music, live wrestling, a pepper-eating contest, tons of speakers, panels, Vintage Computer Festival, flea market and more!

Since this is Pinside, you might be interested to check out our list of competitive pinball tournaments we just posted here: https://gameatl.com/tournaments/.

If you're looking for the biggest and best show in the Southeast, this is it! Check out our hype video below and I hope to see you there! https://www.GameATL.com

1 week later
    #2 1 year ago

Needing a room for the show but Hotel is sold out. Anyone not going to be able to use their reservation? Let me know and I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Thanks
    Larry

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Needing a room for the show but Hotel is sold out. Anyone not going to be able to use their reservation? Let me know and I'll gladly take it off your hands.
    Thanks
    Larry

Try the hotel next door. I think it's connected by a walking bridge. Sheraton? They might have a few rooms left.

#4 1 year ago

Thanks for the suggestion. But just now got a reservation due to a guy who was canceling moving his reservation to me. Pinball people helping others. Thanks guys. I definitely owe you dinner and a beer if we ever meet.

Larry

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Thanks for the suggestion. But just now got a reservation due to a guy who was canceling moving his reservation to me. Pinball people helping others. Thanks guys. I definitely owe you dinner and a beer if we ever meet.

Larry

I'll be at the expo all weekend. Glad to see y'all were able to get together. Look forward to possibly have a beer while we're there.

#6 1 year ago

Absolutely, I owe you one for sure. I'll look you up when we get there.

Larry

#7 1 year ago

I'm just about all set for the show... room booked, rental van booked... bringing 2 pins again (Whirlwind and Funhouse).... watch my high scores get destroyed... again. See what games get added to my wishlist... sure would be a shame to come home with 3 pins.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from pencilneck:

I'm just about all set for the show... room booked, rental van booked... bringing 2 pins again (Whirlwind and Funhouse).... watch my high scores get destroyed... again. See what games get added to my wishlist... sure would be a shame to come home with 3 pins.

Did you bring the Whirlwind last year? That pin was super nice.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from pencilneck:

That whirlwind was super nice. I had the other whirlwind that was there. I kept playing yours trying to compare it to mine. No comparison on looks of course. I'm bringing whirlwind back again this year. Also bring Addams family, Bram stoker's dracula and hot shots. Looking forward to SFGE this year

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from PapaKilo:

Did you bring the Whirlwind last year? That pin was super nice.

Quoted from codered9394:

That whirlwind was super nice. I had the other whirlwind that was there. I kept playing yours trying to compare it to mine.

Thank you, I'm glad people enjoyed it. Stop by and say hi if you see me setting up (or breaking down). I'll also have a few basic tools on hand if anyone needs a hand trying to to a field repair during the show.

#11 1 year ago

Looking forward to another fun year there. Hoping someone brings that beautiful Scared Stiff to play again this year, and really hoping to find an affordable Attack from Mars SE to bring home with me.

#12 1 year ago

I am fully hyped and hope to be there Friday and Saturday.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from jjga:

I am fully hyped and hope to be there Friday and Saturday

I am hoping you can be there all weekend as well. Let's hope

#14 1 year ago

I am planning to be there all 3 days, I hope.

#15 1 year ago

I've been to SFGE all years it's been going on. I have yet to meat any one from pinside at the expo. I have a bad taste with the pinball community and try to stay to my self when possible. This will be my second year bringing games. The love of pinball keeps me coming back. Maybe it's time to reach out to a few of you to enlightened the experience. Hope to finally meet a few.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from codered9394:

I am hoping you can be there all weekend as well. Let's hope

You're right, this is no time for wishing and hoping. I will be there Friday and Saturday.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from codered9394:

I have yet to meat any one from pinside at the expo. I have a bad taste with the pinball community and try to stay to my self when possible.

Not sure if this is a bad pun or bad spelling. The drama lamba has pee'd on a lot of threads here and I keep my distance as well when I come across it. I'll give a friendly wave if I spot you setting up and we can go from there.

#18 1 year ago

Hey all! I am relatively new to the hobby, but decided to go all in on pinball, this year. I got a jjp gnr le as it is the table that tipped the tables for me...lol. I also got an AtGames VPIN Cabinet so I can learn/play all the classics virtually. I also bought one of the lifetime memberships for the SFGE and am super excited to attend my first pinball expo/convention. Saying all this to try and make connections, have as great a time as possible over the weekend, learn/participate in pinball tournaments and MAYBE add a 2nd real table to my collection. I hope everyone has a great time and thank you, in adavance for any tips/tricks to navigating ALL there is to do/see/experience at this exciting event!

#19 1 year ago

I think the tournaments require pre registration. You may want to look into that if you want to play in one.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from jjga:

I think the tournaments require pre registration. You may want to look into that if you want to play in one.

Thank you! I appreciate you looking out! I found this on the website. I am going to email the organizers to make sure I don't miss out.

"Register the day of the event when you arrive at the tournament pinball area."

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jobuko:

Hey all! I am relatively new to the hobby, but decided to go all in on pinball, this year. I got a jjp gnr le as it is the table that tipped the tables for me...lol. I also got an AtGames VPIN Cabinet so I can learn/play all the classics virtually. I also bought one of the lifetime memberships for the SFGE and am super excited to attend my first pinball expo/convention. Saying all this to try and make connections, have as great a time as possible over the weekend, learn/participate in pinball tournaments and MAYBE add a 2nd real table to my collection. I hope everyone has a great time and thank you, in adavance for any tips/tricks to navigating ALL there is to do/see/experience at this exciting event!

What do you think pin #2 will be?

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from DK:

What do you think pin #2 will be?

Thank you for asking. My line of thinking is to bolt the gnr le to the floor. Pick up a Godzilla Premium, play it until I am sick of it, and then trade down to the next table I want to own. Rinse and repeat until I have owned all the pins I care to, hit the lottery to grow my collection, or die...lol. I am not ritch by any means, but two le/premium pins (one bolted down/one rotating) and a VPIN to prevent table fatigue seems like more than a poor white boy from SW Little Rock could ask for in this tumultuous lifetime. =)

I am so happy to have found this hobby. Modding and working on my gnr le really has cemented that pinball is "my thing". I was always too poor growing up to have/get money to play...I remember hearing the music/sounds/callouts, looking at the backglasses, and wishing I could play. I am so glad pinball in making a resurgence and found me as an adult.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jobuko:

Thank you for asking. My line of thinking is to bolt the gnr le to the floor. Pick up a Godzilla Premium, play it until I am sick of it, and then trade down to the next table I want to own. Rinse and repeat until I have owned all the pins I care to, hit the lottery to grow my collection, or die...lol. I am not ritch by any means, but two le/premium pins (one bolted down/one rotating) and a VPIN to prevent table fatigue seems like more than a poor white boy from SW Little Rock could ask for in this tumultuous lifetime. =)
    I am so happy to have found this hobby. Modding and working on my gnr le really has cemented that pinball is "my thing". I was always too poor growing up to have/get money to play...I remember hearing the music/sounds/callouts, looking at the backglasses, and wishing I could play. I am so glad pinball in making a resurgence and found me as an adult.

Good choice for the next game

#24 1 year ago

You can reach out to Jason at classic gamerooms and see what show specials he has left. Discounts arnt no where near as good as they were last year though. Only a couple 100 bucks.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jon9508:

You can reach out to Jason at classic gamerooms and see what show specials he has left. Discounts arnt no where near as good as they were last year though. Only a couple 100 bucks.

Thank you! I talked to him today and Godzilla Premiums are already spoken for. He did say Deadpool Premium was still available along with additonal other tables I don't care to own. I am uncertain of committing to my 2nd/3rd choice rather than waiting to see what else might be available at the event. Is he the ONLY one selling machines at the event? Any chance on an Alien or Alien LV being available for purchase? I will continue to review my emails and the website.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jobuko:

Thank you! I talked to him today and Godzilla Premiums are already spoken for. He did say Deadpool Premium was still available along with additonal other tables I don't care to own. I am uncertain of committing to my 2nd/3rd choice rather than waiting to see what else might be available at the event. Is he the ONLY one selling machines at the event? Any chance on an Alien or Alien LV being available for purchase? I will continue to review my emails and the website.

Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Deadpool Premium. I now have even more to look forward to in July! If anyone from the central Arkansas area is going to the Expo hit me up so we might connect. I am excited to grow my network and make new friends.

#27 1 year ago

Does anyone know if Marcos is bringing parts to sell at the expo this year. Needed a coil that I didn't have last year and Marco wasn't selling parts. Every year until last year you could purchase parts (some) from them during the show.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from codered9394:

Does anyone know if Marcos is bringing parts to sell at the expo this year. Needed a coil that I didn't have lasty year and Marco wasn't selling parts. Every year until last year you could purchase parts (some) from them during the show.

Screenshot_20220622-171503_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220622-171503_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #29 1 year ago

Any chance that a Weird Al P3 machine will be available to play at SFGE? Thanks!

#30 1 year ago

What?? No Billy Mitchell??

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

What?? No Billy Mitchell??

Thankfully, no. I would sooner hang around politicians than him.

For anyone who is interested, I've got used ramps and plastics from my Earthshaker I'll sell for cheap... $30. https://imgur.com/a/aNNDW These are for the "better than what I have" project, not the "money pit restoration" project.

#32 1 year ago

First time for me at Southern Fried. Will be bringing my League of Legends custom pinball (no where near finished but is playable!)

#33 1 year ago

I have a pinball pimp cabinet stencil kit for Fathom that came with mine when I bought it. I will never restencil my cab so bet offer if anyone wants it. Message me if you want me to bring it.

#34 1 year ago

If this is a hype thread, then here is what I am hyped about playing at SFGE! I want to get at least a game in with each, but where should I invest real minutes/hour s? Zilla Premium obviously, but what tickles ya'lls fancies?

Al's Garage Band goes on a World Tour

Bram Stoker's Dracula

Bride of Pinbot

Creature from the Black Lagoon

Dale Jr.

F-14 Tomcat

Frank Thomas' Big Hurt

Funhouse

Godzilla (Premium)

Godzilla (Pro)

Guardians of the Galaxy

Harley Davidson

Hook

Hot Shots

Jurassic Park (Premium)

Last Action Hero

Maverick

No Fear: Dangerous Sports

Pinbot

Quarterback

Revenge From Mars

RollerCoaster Tycoon

Rush (Premium)

Rush (Pro)

Star Trek TNG

Star Wars (Premium)

Stargate

Taxi

Terminator 2: Judgment Day

The Getaway: High Speed II

The Lost World Jurassic Park

The Mandalorian (Premium)

The Mandalorian (Pro)

The X Files

Twilight Zone

Whirlwind

World Cup

WWF Royal Rumble

#35 1 year ago

Creature, Brams, X-Files, Twilight Zone just to name a few. I'm probably more excited that someone is bringing an Atari Toobin arcade. I haven't played that game in probably 20+ years.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jobuko:

If this is a hype thread, then here is what I am hyped about playing at SFGE! I want to get at least a game in with each, but where should I invest real minutes/hour s? Zilla Premium obviously, but what tickles ya'lls fancies?

I'm looking forward to taxi. Wish I would have never gotten rid of mine. Get a game on hot shots. I really like this game plus you don't see it very often. As long as you take it what it is you will enjoy. Also hyped about twilight zone. Can't wait to play it again

1 week later
    #37 1 year ago

Are there typically a lot of games for sale at the show (Like Allentown) or more of a show (like Texas)? I don't see a for sale thread for the show, but it does look like a lot of good titles will be there.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Are there typically a lot of games for sale at the show (Like Allentown) or more of a show (like Texas)? I don't see a for sale thread for the show, but it does look like a lot of good titles will be there.

In the past there have always been a good number of games on the floor for sale. I am not sure I remember there being a for sale thread for previous shows, but the games were definitely available.

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

In the past there have always been a good number of games on the floor for sale. I am not sure I remember there being a for sale thread for previous shows, but the games were definitely available.

I was looking at bringing a game or two. They said games have to stay until Sunday at close though. I am not going to be there Sunday. I guess I could put a for sale sticker on it and hope someone buys it, but that isn't the best option. At least one of them would be getting sold at some point anyways.

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

I was looking at bringing a game or two. They said games have to stay until Sunday at close though. I am not going to be there Sunday. I guess I could put a for sale sticker on it and hope someone buys it, but that isn't the best option. At least one of them would be getting sold at some point anyways.

You could also pre arrange a sale with pickup at SFGE on Sunday.

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from jjga:

You could also pre arrange a sale with pickup at SFGE on Sunday.

I actually just talked to a buddy with room on the ride home if it doesn't sell. So I will probably put it in the free play area.

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

I actually just talked to a buddy with room on the ride home if it doesn't sell. So I will probably put it in the free play area.

What are you trying to sell?

#43 1 year ago

Anybody coming into town that desires a NIB GnR LE, or a New Out Of Box CC SE, look me up, I am in very close proximity. Prefer to sell both as per my F.S. ad, but will consider splitting.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from PapaKilo:

What are you trying to sell?

I have been fixing up a LW3 that turned out pretty nice. I also just paid for a GZ premium, so I will be looking to move my pro soon.

#45 1 year ago

Going to have a vendor spot there with some rare items, a couple of test fixtures, translights, playfields, misc parts, electronics, boards, whitewoods, rotisserie, a few backglasses, parts playfields, tumbler still in the box, and promo's. First time at this show after many years on the west coast Pin-A-Go-Go, Ca Extreme, and others. Some of what I am bringing is autographed. This will be a one time chance as I may be back out west next fall. Retiring.

Drove by the Galleria so I would know where it is. Still confused on the unloading procedure but will figure it out.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinthetic:

Still confused on the unloading procedure but will figure it out.

The exhibit hall is next to a parking lot and has several huge commercial roll-up doors.

#47 1 year ago

This will also be my first time at any kind of pinball galla, and at 53 I finally got my first two pins this year. Coming from Alabama, and very excited to meet everyone, learn some things, and best of all maybe try the newer games, which I have never played before. Most recent game I've tried was a whirlwind, which I loved. So yeah I'm way behind. Looking forward to this experience, and hoping to find some advice on few lighting issues I'm having on a pin. See yall soon.

#48 1 year ago

Do the vendors load in the same place as the game deliveries?

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinthetic:

Do the vendors load in the same place as the game deliveries?

Download yapp. You can ask on the sfge page. They might have the answer for you there b

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

What does that mean? Stay until Sunday? Even if purchased?

Site FAQ sounds like a suggestion but I surely hope not a rule. Seems unfair to the seller and potential buyer.

I only plan to be there on Friday and hoping to buy a machine. If I can't take it home that day then that means I need to pay again for entry on Sunday and spend the afternoon and evening picking it up and getting it home out of the truck?

That isn't practical for me and I'm sure many others, especially if just in town for the day.

Can anyone clarify?

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-southern-fried-gaming-expo-2022-hype-thread-sfge?hl=papakilo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.