(Topic ID: 316286)

Official Southern-Fried Gaming Expo 2022 Hype Thread (SFGE)

By NoCashValue

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by flipnout1
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220716_170550 (resized).jpg
    20220716_170557 (resized).jpg
    20220716_154643 (resized).jpg
    E22634EB-FC66-4D83-A54C-3CAE6221A928 (resized).jpeg
    20220713_212935 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220622-171503_Facebook (resized).jpg
    There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luk3:

What does that mean? Stay until Sunday? Even if purchased?
    Site FAQ sounds like a suggestion but I surely hope not a rule. Seems unfair to the seller and potential buyer.
    I only plan to be there on Friday and hoping to buy a machine. If I can't take it home that day then that means I need to pay again for entry on Sunday and spend the afternoon and evening picking it up and getting it home out of the truck?
    That isn't practical for me and I'm sure many others, especially if just in town for the day.
    Can anyone clarify?

I think they have that rule because you get free admission all weekend if you bring a game, even if you sell it during the show.

If you buy one you don’t have to pay to get into the show on Sunday, you can just come at closing time and pick it up.

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luk3:

What does that mean? Stay until Sunday? Even if purchased?
    Site FAQ sounds like a suggestion but I surely hope not a rule. Seems unfair to the seller and potential buyer.
    I only plan to be there on Friday and hoping to buy a machine. If I can't take it home that day then that means I need to pay again for entry on Sunday and spend the afternoon and evening picking it up and getting it home out of the truck?
    That isn't practical for me and I'm sure many others, especially if just in town for the day.
    Can anyone clarify?

Yea you can't take a game home before Sunday. They keep the keys. Not sure if its like texas or not. I know at tpf they charge a 85 dollar early exit fee.

#53 1 year ago

I was told any game that comes in for the show must stay until Sunday. They allow games to leave at 4 that day. My understanding is that applies even if the game is sold. I get why, they don't want everything to leave and have an empty show floor. If my game doesn't sell it has a ride home. They said just let them know and they will change the name on their list for the game so it will be released to someone else. That should work just fine is a game is sold too.

#54 1 year ago

Well I, going with the intent to buy also, but will only be there Saturday, so guess I'll come home empty, and a seller will lose a sale. That may change my mind on driving over now.

#55 1 year ago

I'm hoping to purchase too at SFGE this year. Will need help moving it from Atlanta to Dawsonville though.

Tim

#56 1 year ago

Yeah, I dont even know if I should go anymore, lol.

Wanted to go Friday to get first choice but I surely don't want to waste my Sunday evening having to go pick this up, secure it in truck, get it out of truck, and set it up. By the time that is finished my entire Sunday evening is wasted before work the next morning.

And then Sunday I'll just be sitting around waiting until 4pm. So an entire waste of a day. And what if inclement weather?!?! Rained super hard today.

And to go Sunday, anything I would want would likely already be spoken for.

So yeah, guess will have to pass on this entire event. With the rainy weather we been having hoping for clear skies to go to the lake this weekend. Not waiting around to pick up a pinball.

Not to mention who knows what the condition of the machine will be after every one has their way with it before pick up and the vendor won't have time to detail or nothing.

Such a shame. Should be at the discretion of buyer and seller. OR an INCENTIVE for the buyer to not take it home at time of purchase.

#57 1 year ago

It makes sense for the event runners that they want a commitment for the games to be there for the full show. The game bringers are compensated for that time through event passes and perks. It may not be ideal for buyers, but this is a gaming event first rather than a swap meet/auction/consignment sales floor.

#58 1 year ago

Not even a fee to remove? Hard commitment of Sunday night is definitely a turn off

#59 1 year ago

For anyone interested in tournaments, we have 6 tournaments going on this weekend at SFGE (3 open, 2 women's, and 1 kid's).

Additional details on tournament preregistration are now posted to the SFGE tournament page: https://gameatl.com/tournaments/

Here's how to preregister:
    Thursday (tomorrow) 7/14 at 12:00 pm noon eastern
    Go to the Google form linked at the top of the SFGE tournament page. You'll be asked to enter your email, name, IFPA player number, and the tournaments you're interested in attending.

Registration fees will be collected the day of the tournament. Please come by the tournament room and complete your registration at least 30 minutes before the tournament start time. When there are 30 minutes left before the tournament we'll start accepting registration fees from players who sign up in person without a preregistration.

Anyone can play in the main event without preregistering. We will be using the Drains Tournament Manager software to manage player queues for the 8 games being used in this Herb-style unlimited qualifying event.

#60 1 year ago

Have a friend in North Atlanta that has a HOU deadpool pro with 886 plays. He is looking to mix things up looking for $6k or newer pin to trade. Can bring to the show for delivery if needed.

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Anybody coming into town that desires a NIB GnR LE, or a New Out Of Box CC SE, look me up, I am in very close proximity. Prefer to sell both as per my F.S. ad, but will consider splitting.

I will have a Ghostbusters Pro at my house also. I have a prospect on that one, but a sale is not a sale, until it is done. Operated pin but very well maintained in its route life. I will be attending the show for a couple of hours on Sunday, but am open with a little notice, all weekend if someone wants to drive out to my house.
    30-40 minute drive from show.
    Tom

#62 1 year ago

I also have a vehicle for sale. Before anyone moans about off topic, given today's state of affairs in the automobile industry, just thought a pinsider may need cheaper reliable transportation. 2012 Ford Focus SEL hatchback with 160k but well mechanically maintained.
    1FAHP3M2XCL377987
    Email me for more details.
    Tom

#63 1 year ago

I have a nice shadow I could part with (trade only unless I get an offer I can’t refuse). Has the alt package (have the original trans light as well). Live about 5-6 miles from the show.

#64 1 year ago

If your main reason for coming to SFGE is to buy a game, you are wasting your time. All prices are highly inflated and after seeing the prices on most games last year, I'm scared to see what they will look like this year!

Just come and enjoy the games! Enjoy the atmosphere. The speakers. The wrestling is pure entertainment! Play in a tournament or two. Enjoy late night arcade games, good food. See your old friends and make some new ones!

#65 1 year ago

Im driving down later tonight (9 hour drive each way) Will be my first time coming to the show, but i happen to have a niece that lives a few miles from the show so im going to visit her a little. Incase anyone sees this and needs a stern topper, i could bring a few down with me.

I have

Elvira for 1k (have 5 available)
    Stranger Things 650.00 2 available
    Led Zeppelin 850, only 1 left.

But i would need to know by 4pm central, as thats when im leaving

#66 1 year ago

Will there be a bar? Alcohol?

#67 1 year ago

20220713_212935 (resized).jpg20220713_212935 (resized).jpg

Hope to load up first thing in the morning and hit the road.... provided work doesn't have issues in which case Friday is going to be a looooong day. Swing by and say hello if you see me setting up or poking around my pins.

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from remf:

Live about 5-6 miles from the show.

For people outside of Georgia, that’s about an hour drive, with Atlanta traffic, lol. If you hit the pocket, maybe 30 minutes.

#69 1 year ago

I know it's short notice, but if anyone wants to trade something like a Monster Bash for my Halloween CE (#761 -- located at my house about 45 minutes from the show) I'd be open for something like that.

Long shot, I know.
    I'll be at the show all weekend.

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Im driving down later tonight (9 hour drive each way) Will be my first time coming to the show, but i happen to have a niece that lives a few miles from the show so im going to visit her a little. Incase anyone sees this and needs a stern topper, i could bring a few down with me.
    I have

im getting ready to leave, but i grabbed 2 extra elvira toppers to bring with, if you want one of the extras, just send me a message or give me a call 217-201-2903

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I have

have 2 extra elvira toppers with me, sorry for duplicate post, having problems editing

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from codered9394:

Does anyone know if Marcos is bringing parts to sell at the expo this year. Needed a coil that I didn't have last year and Marco wasn't selling parts. Every year until last year you could purchase parts (some) from them during the show.

You know you like an hour away from them right? Lexington, SC.

#73 1 year ago

No longer for sale.

#74 1 year ago

Getting close

Quoted from DrSpatula:

You know you like an hour away from them right? Lexi

A pick up from home is fairly easy. I needed a part I didn't bring to the expo with me last year. In past years they brought some parts you could purchase while you were at the expo if your machine went down.

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from codered9394:

Getting close

A pick up from home is fairly easy. I needed a part I didn't bring to the expo with me last year. In past years they brought some parts you could purchase while you were at the expo if your machine went down.

Ah! Gotcha

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luk3:

Will there be a bar? Alcohol?

Yuuup

#77 1 year ago
    Quoted from remf:

I have a nice shadow I could part with (trade only unless I get an offer I can’t refuse). Has the alt package (have the original trans light as well). Live about 5-6 miles from the show.

Which alt art Aulrich?
    I have that alt art too, kept it just in case I get my 3rd Shadow lol.

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from tommyv-tmv:

For anyone interested in tournaments...

(Cross post from Facebook "Southern-Fried Pinball Tournament" group)

Thank you everyone for the huge interest in our Southern-Fried Pinball Tournaments this year!
    We currently have 115 players registered for Friday's Fair Strikes Knockout Tournament. We expect to have capacity for 120 players! So if you completed that form before 2 am, you're in (barring any unforeseen circumstances)!

Please come to the tournament room to pay your $10 registration entry fee and check in. I've asked that everyone come by to complete their registration by 4:00, with 4:30 being the absolute deadline. At 4:30 we will accept registrations up to our capacity, pulling first from anyone else who registers using the pre-registration form between now and 3 pm; then pulling from anyone to comes by in person to the tournament room and adds their name to the waiting list sign up sheet.

The tournament game list for the weekend's side tournaments is listed here (tournament games are marked with a *) https://gameatl.com/sfge-game-list/
    That list is mostly accurate with just a few substitutions.

8 of those games will be used for the main tournament rather than the side tournaments. I have very high confidence that the main event will include:
    Stranger Things (Pro)
    Kings of Steel (with INDISC-style modifications)
    F-14 Tomcat
    Grand Prix
    plus 4 more games which we will determine before SFGE officially starts tomorrow afternoon.

Big thank you too for the crew who helped bring in and setup these games for about 11 hours today!

(I likely won't cross post any more; please join that Facebook group if you'd like more timely tournament updates.)

#79 1 year ago

Getting a lot of inquiries on what parts and other collectibles I am bringing as well as prices. I won't list any pricing here as there will be no shipping.

Here's a brief summary:

Playfields:

Monster Bash Black & White Test Screening. Gorgeous.
    Car Hop
    Swords of Fury
    Elvis
    Rescue 911
    Solar Ride
    Waterworld

White woods"

Getaway
    Resue 911

Small Parts:

All major brands

Translights:

Safecracker Plexi Overlay
    Addams Family
    CFTBL
    Operation Thunder
    Theatre of Magic (Heavy Art Proof-uncut)
    Car Hop
    Twilight Zone
    Scared Stiff
    Rescue 911
    Elvis
    Barb Wire
    Lost in Space

Custom Framed:

Spiderman (Autographed)
    Cosmic Gunfight
    Atarians (Direct from the King)
    No Fear (Autographed)
    Fire

Plastic Framed:

Corvette
    Star Trek (Autographed)
    STNG (Autographed)
    Cue Ball Wizard

Test Fixtures:

Gottlieb System 1
    Gottlieb System 80

More stuff. Come by my booth.

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Which alt art Aulrich?
    I have that alt art too, kept it just in case I get my 3rd Shadow lol.

E22634EB-FC66-4D83-A54C-3CAE6221A928 (resized).jpegE22634EB-FC66-4D83-A54C-3CAE6221A928 (resized).jpeg
    #81 1 year ago

Anyone know if the tournaments are being streamed anywhere online?

#82 1 year ago

There is a streaming rig. It is not running at this time. Maybe they will when the strikes tournament starts soon.

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from pencilneck:

[quoted image]. Swing by and say hello if you see me setting up or poking around my pins.

Hey pencilneck, I didn’t see you poking around but I did play your Funhouse and Whirlwind, and OMG are they beautiful!!!!! Fantastic job maintaining those pins! They look like they just rolled off the line at B/W last week!!! Best in show!

#84 1 year ago

Free play floor was hopping all afternoon with tons of cool games. Enjoy.

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Hey pencilneck, I didn’t see you

Flag me down and I'll give ya discount on the 10 cent tour. Saturday I'll be wearing a light grey shirt with a robot mouse printed on then front.

Scored a great condition WPC Schematic Manual for $20.

#86 1 year ago

Just got home, and was impressed, but not I'd hoped. Great turnout, but the newer games I'd never played, did not live up to the hype for me. However, American pinball Valhalla was pretty amazing. 16 different programmable game modes to change it up, and different multiball releases. Godzilla was cool, and mandelorian wasn't bad. The whirlwind was incredible, and the amount of odd arcade games was really cool. All in all good trip, but a one and done for me. I did get a cool t-shirt, and met a lot of cool people. That was worth the trip.

20220716_154643 (resized).jpg20220716_154643 (resized).jpg20220716_170550 (resized).jpg20220716_170550 (resized).jpg20220716_170557 (resized).jpg20220716_170557 (resized).jpg
    #87 1 year ago

Went back for a second day today with a few new people and had fun. I’m guessing pencilneck‘s machines were the ones all the way against the back wall and they do look and play like brand new machines. Whirlwind was a hit with everyone I was with.

Also decided I really enjoy Royal Rumble which I had never seen before but had loads of fun playing.

#88 1 year ago

I will go down at about noon, if someone wants new CC or GnR LE, lemme know and will schlep 1 down.

#89 1 year ago

Decided to sell a few games all about 15 min south from SFGE. Pm me and I’ll send photos that I have or come by and see the games.

WOF - color DMD, titans, speaker lights, powder coated, beautiful game. Back box light doesn’t works, just have not bothered fixing it.

Blackout - new hardtop, redone cabinet, new displays, new alteck board, completely LED

Playboy - new playfield, plastics, freshly stenciled cabinet, plays fast and perfect

Gridiron - perfect back-glass, NOS playfield, cabinet has seen better days

Bally Rolling Stones - new back-glass, great original playfield, very nice survivor cabinet

Stars 2020 - running new code, custom
    Music and speaker system, cabinet lighting, can be reverted to original code if you so choose. See my archived ads for video of it playing.

Octoberfest - HUO pin-stadiums.

Pm me if anyone is interested in anything, just clearing out the collection. If you see something I have you want make me an offer.

NBA Fastbreak - needs shopping, has topper and I believe is all LED or Mostly LED. Played it when I got it to make sure it all works but have not had time to shop the game. Has the topper.

#90 1 year ago

Anyone else staying at the hotel have their car broken into Saturday night? Hotel says 23 cars in total were vandalized. Our back passenger window was smashed.

#91 1 year ago

Winding down my weekend at SFGE 2022. Reflecting back, it has been amazing. So much to do outside of pinball, but damn so much pinball too! My roommate and I tied for 9th at the match play tournament, and for newbies we are super proud of that showing. I got to play so many pinball machines that I had been wanting to try and a bunch I didn't know about, that were unexpectedly a blast. So, here are my personal highlights and lowlights for tables.

STUDS: Hot Wheels, WWF Royal Rumble, and Super Mario Bros., Fish Tales, Theater of Magic

DUDS: Led Zeppelin (Pro), TMNT (Pro), Legends of Valhalla

I was so surprised at how much I loved Hot Wheels. I felt like the shots were smooth and effortless. I liked the design and collecting aspect of game. This game, and American Pinball are on my radar/wishlist for sure. Super Mario Bros. is amazingly fun, too! It's simple, but sounds great and I found myself smiling and having a lot of fun playing it. Might have to keep an eye out for one down the line.

Everyone at the pinball tournament was great and kudos to the organizers/volunteers for pulling off so many tournaments with so many people and so many tables. They mitigated snafus and concerns as best they could and the participants seemed understanding when hiccups occurred.

Overall an A experience and I look forward to coming back next year!

#92 1 year ago

Really enjoyed this weekend. It was great to see everyone and play some great games again. Staff was great and everyone was really having a great time. The four pins I brought made it all weekend without a single problem which makes it even better. Can't wait until next year

#93 1 year ago
    Quoted from madamyates:

Anyone else staying at the hotel have their car broken into Saturday night? Hotel says 23 cars in total were vandalized. Our back passenger window was smashed.

and shit like this is exactly why we moved away from Atlanta - typical weekend playfulness by the locals

#94 1 year ago

Back home, wife is happy that the same number of pins that left the house is the same number of pins that returned to the house. I missed the boat on 2 different possible purchases, oh well, some one else got a good project and a good pin, kudos to those people. Was nice to talk (yell) with soo many people.

Thanks for the yellow vested achy back crew for helping unload and loading soo much dead weight.

#95 1 year ago

Tim Kitzrow Interview about his work with Stern pinball...

#96 1 year ago

Saturday walk thru...

#97 1 year ago

Pinball tournament area...

#98 1 year ago
    Quoted from madamyates:

Yep my truck window was broken. The bastards got nothing though. Had to drive 6 hours with the broken window.

Larry

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Yep my truck window was broken. The bastards got nothing though. Had to drive 6 hours with the broken window.
    Larry

Wish I would have known you were there

#100 1 year ago

Thank you to all those that made the show a success. Spooky Crew had an amazing time catching up with old friends and meeting new friends.

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-southern-fried-gaming-expo-2022-hype-thread-sfge/page/2?hl=jdiddy3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.