(Topic ID: 236595)

OFFICIAL Southern-Fried Gaming Expo 2019 Hype Thread (SFGE)

By NoCashValue

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bythenumbers_2019 (resized).jpg
    97BCCCB9-6CFD-4FC0-8008-E9636CDF091D (resized).jpeg
    deadpool gc sfge 19 (resized).jpg
    20CDCC2C-8687-49B9-AFC8-38C641EF2B2A (resized).jpeg
    45641216-79B2-497C-A59F-49E6BF81C183 (resized).jpeg
    5C9C59BB-2957-46CA-83B1-76CFCD435587 (resized).jpeg
    BD2944F6-A365-47B5-A93E-561026A4BF84 (resized).jpeg
    sfge 2019 Game Giveaway (resized).jpg
    Hotlanta Chili Pepper (resized).jpg
    flea market sfge (resized).jpg
    SFGE Shirts 2019 (resized).jpg
    Multimorphic SFGE (resized).jpg
    Waison Cheng (resized).jpg
    Guest_IlanMitchellSmith_Branded_500 (resized).jpg
    There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Hi Everyone!

The Southern-Fried Gaming Expo is back for our 6th-annual event in Atlanta, Georgia July 12-14, 2019! Everything you've come to know and love about our show will be back in full force this summer, but this year we're going to have EVEN MORE fun. That's right, in addition to the space we've been using at the gorgeous Renaissance Waverly, we just added an additional 36,000 square feet of exhibit space via the adjoining Cobb Galleria Centre! That means we can have...

- More fun events! (like the crowd-pleasing hit Hotlanta Eating Challenge)
    - More dedicated gaming tournaments (Linked NBA Fastbreak, anyone?)
    - More guest panels
    - More vendors
    - And yes...MORE GAMES!

If you've not yet been to SFGE before, I hope you'll consider making the trip! Hopefully testimonials from those who come year after year can win you over. But our event speaks for itself. Take a peek at this year's hype video using footage from last year. If you like what you see, snag a membership and book your hotel room today!

Hotel Reservations: http://southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/hotel/

If you've been to the show before, what are you looking forward to the most this year? Looking forward to seeing everyone. We can't do it without you!

#2 5 years ago

Looking forward to it, I'll be there Saturday. Used to be an all weekend event for me, but the lack of pinball tournament due to the date move was short-sighted IMO......

#3 5 years ago

Hi AUKraut, we'll still have an IFPA-sanctioned pinball tournament event. We just aren't on the PAPA circuit this year. Hope you can make it!

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from NoCashValue:

Hi AUKraut, we'll still have an IFPA-sanctioned pinball tournament event. We just aren't on the PAPA circuit this year. Hope you can make it!

That's good news, last I had heard is that nothing was firmed up yet.....any details to divulge??

1 week later
    #5 5 years ago

***************************Guest Announcement! ********************

Guest Announcement: You may recognize Ilan Mitchell-Smith as Wyatt in 'Weird Science' or from his recent appearance on ABC's 'The Goldbergs,' but he's also a huge fan of tabletop gaming! Join Ilan for panels, autographs, & even select gaming sessions during SFGE 2019.

Guest_IlanMitchellSmith_Branded_500 (resized).jpgGuest_IlanMitchellSmith_Branded_500 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #6 5 years ago

******************************SFGE 2019 Guest Announcement***********************

A 15-year industry veteran, Waison Cheng is a game designer and software engineer currently working for Stern Pinball. Over the past 8 years at Stern, Waison's contributions include work on games such as X-Men, Star Trek, and WWE Wrestlemania. Prior to that, he made arcade games such as Golden Tee Golf and even Gameboy/Nintendo DS games. Help welcome Waison to his first appearance at the Southern-Fried Gaming Expo.

Waison Cheng (resized).jpgWaison Cheng (resized).jpg
    #7 5 years ago

******** New for SFGE 2019 **********
    The folks over at Multimorphic, Inc are offering a great deal for #SFGE2019 attendees on their P3 pinball platform. Don't miss out on your chance to own Cosmic Cart Racing and others at a deep discount!

Multimorphic SFGE (resized).jpgMultimorphic SFGE (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #8 4 years ago

Is there a for sale/trade thread for SFGE?

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from maffewl:

Is there a for sale/trade thread for SFGE?

There needs to be!

1 week later
    #11 4 years ago

It's alive! The SFGE 2019 shirt design is here, thanks to the amazing talent of artist DJ Kopet. Our 2019 design will be available at the show in both poster and shirt options and represents so many aspects of our gamer community.

SFGE Shirts 2019 (resized).jpgSFGE Shirts 2019 (resized).jpg
    #12 4 years ago

Hotel Update: The host hotel room block is FULL (after being extended twice!). However, there is an overflow hotel. An SFGE block has been opened at the Marriott Courtyard for $109 plus tax and fees. This hotel is adjacent to Cumberland Mall across the street from SFGE. This block is ONLY open for the next 30 days or until full.
    Here is the registration link:

http://bit.ly/2VCpBzG

#13 4 years ago

SFGE will host its Arcade/Pinball/Console Flea Market on Saturday, July 13th from 10 to 12pm. It is $10 to sell for SFGE members and open to anyone with an SFGE2019 membership.

Sign-up to sell today
    http://southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/flea-markets/

flea market sfge (resized).jpgflea market sfge (resized).jpg
    #14 4 years ago

Announcement: We tried something new last year at SFGE and the response was overwhelming! I hope you're ready to turn up the heat, because we're bringing back the HOTLANTA EXTREME EATING CHALLENGE!

Hotlanta Chili Pepper (resized).jpgHotlanta Chili Pepper (resized).jpg
    #15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Radiowing:

Hotel Update: The host hotel room block is FULL (after being extended twice!). However, there is an overflow hotel. An SFGE block has been opened at the Marriott Courtyard for $109 plus tax and fees. This hotel is adjacent to Cumberland Mall across the street from SFGE. This block is ONLY open for the next 30 days or until full.
    Here is the registration link:
    http://bit.ly/2VCpBzG

My drunk ass ain't gonna make that walk successfully. How did this happen? One more extension, please???

1 week later
    #16 4 years ago

Did you know that for every game brought to the show for folks to play you receive a raffle ticket to win prizes? Our grand prizes this year are a sweet Independence Day pinball machine and a brand-new 32" Pro Upright Xtension Arcade Cabinet from our fabulous sponsor Rec Room Masters. Check out our current list of games coming to the show and add yours to the list!

http://southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/games2019/

sfge 2019 Game Giveaway (resized).jpgsfge 2019 Game Giveaway (resized).jpg
    #17 4 years ago

For anybody still sorting out their hotel stay, there is a Sheraton connected to the Galleria via sky bridge. It seems a hell of a lot more convenient to me than the Courtyard Marriott. Their government/military rate is very competitive and even includes breakfast.

Here's a link with a couple more sky bridge options. The Omni also had a competitive rate, but you are limited to a king bed for the best rate.

https://cobbgalleria.com/attendees/hotels/

Good luck!

#18 4 years ago

Happy Friday! Let’s celebrate by offering a huge Show Special for the upcoming Southern Fried Gameroom Expo July 12-14 in Atlanta. Pre-order yours today.

BD2944F6-A365-47B5-A93E-561026A4BF84 (resized).jpegBD2944F6-A365-47B5-A93E-561026A4BF84 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #19 4 years ago

Last Call for Southern Fried Show Specials!!!
    Ya might as well get one and save some serious money. Message me or email [email protected] for questions or orders.

45641216-79B2-497C-A59F-49E6BF81C183 (resized).jpeg45641216-79B2-497C-A59F-49E6BF81C183 (resized).jpeg5C9C59BB-2957-46CA-83B1-76CFCD435587 (resized).jpeg5C9C59BB-2957-46CA-83B1-76CFCD435587 (resized).jpeg
    #20 4 years ago

FYI - I've been checking Marriott every now and then to see if they opened up any more rooms at the SFGE rate. I had read of someone having some luck getting the SFGE rate a couple of days ago. I was just able to book Friday and Saturday night at the special rate via the website (could have booked Thursday night too, but not Sunday night). The group code is SFMSFMO if anybody else wants to try. Good luck!

1 week later
    #21 4 years ago

Super excited for this event!

If you are coming, I'd like to invite you to come to the Tales from the Collector panel at 10pm on Friday, or the Custom Pinball panel Saturday at 1pm. I am involved with both and will do my best to make it an entertaining time.

Come help support custom pinball and hear some great stories from game collectors! Hope to see you there!

#22 4 years ago

At 4PM on Saturday, in what should be an entertaining and informative seminar, I'll be sitting down with Zach Meny ZMeny (Straight Down the Middle, Flip N Out Pinball and the This Week in Pinball Podcast), to talk about the making of Oktoberfest, rules and tips for game play, whats up at American Pinball and whatever else Zach, or those who attend, ask about. Warning, part of this seminar will NOT be family friendly.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'd like to invite you to come to the Tales from the Collector panel at 10pm on Friday

Some more news for this panel!

Whitney and Brent from Brokentoken (http://www.brokentoken.com) will be joining the panel, as will Stephen T., an avid player and restorer. Come hear some great stories from these guys!

#24 4 years ago

3 more days! Who is hype for SFGE?!?!

#25 4 years ago

I am ready!!

#26 4 years ago

Is there a list of the tournament games somewhere? Thanks!

#27 4 years ago

What time do people start lining up for tickets Saturday morning? We can only attend on Saturday so that’s why we’re not buying the 3-day pack.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from rogerroger:

What time do people start lining up for tickets Saturday morning? We can only attend on Saturday so that’s why we’re not buying the 3-day pack.

I personally can't speak to what time people start lining up, but I believe the registration booth opens at 10am on Saturday. Walk that back however far you feel necessary.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I personally can't speak to what time people start lining up, but I believe the registration booth opens at 10am on Saturday. Walk that back however far you feel necessary.

So... Friday at 3:00pm sounds appropriate.

#30 4 years ago

Flip N Out Pinball is ready for SFGE! We have been the distributor supporting this show and ATL for years.

Come by and play all of the best new pinball machines on the market. We can also take your orders there. For those that can’t attend, no worries, call or message us and we will ship one or two or ten right to your door.

Come by, hang out, pinball! Josh Kuglar (American Pinball), Gerry Stellenberg (Multimorphic), and Jason Fowler (Slap Save Pinball Podcast) will be at the Flip N Out Booth all weekend. Pinball Undesirables also will be streaming the Flip N Out games so make sure to battle Stephen. That’s just the beginning. LETS DO THIS ATLANTA

Tentative Game List
    - Willy Wonka Standard (production)
    - Willy Wonka LE/CE (prototype)
    - Cosmic Carnival
    - Oktoberfest
    - Oktoberfest
    - Monster Bash Remake SE
    - Attack From Mars Remake CE
    - Lexy Lightspeed
    - Escalera Demonstrations
    - And More

Zach Meny
    Flip N Out Pinball
    [email protected]

#31 4 years ago

We will have PDI glass for $299.99 cash

#32 4 years ago

It's load-in day!

#33 4 years ago

I'm planning on being there all weekend with my son - can't wait!

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from LoganJK:

Is there a list of the tournament games somewhere? Thanks!

On the SF Pinball Tournament group on Facebook there is. From there games are, 300, walking dead pro, st prem, time fantasy, gottleib king pin, wcs, mars trek, shadow, wpt, xenon, whirlwing, solar fire, gorgar, jungle lord, bk, elvis, paragon, metallica.

#35 4 years ago

Share some good places to eat in Atanta....

This place is a bit of a dive, but the gyros and fries are fantastic...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60898-d2078294-r119318443-Nick_s_Food_to_Go-Atlanta_Georgia.html

#36 4 years ago

For another dive with fantastic food...this is my go to.

Korean-Mexican fusion and everything is great.

About 10-15 minutes from SFGE.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60898-d2363452-Reviews-Hankook_Taqueria-Atlanta_Georgia.html

#37 4 years ago

I can't make it to the show.
    Somebody remember to take pictures!!

#38 4 years ago

Will the Sat night tournament be streamed?

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar123:

For another dive with fantastic food...this is my go to.
    Korean-Mexican fusion and everything is great.
    About 10-15 minutes from SFGE.
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60898-d2363452-Reviews-Hankook_Taqueria-Atlanta_Georgia.html

This place was really good. 4 tacos and a large order of sesame fries was plenty for 2.

Thanks!

#40 4 years ago

Really nice BK and a very nice playing BK2K. Thanks to the folks who brought those. That BK was brutal, just as I remember it!

#41 4 years ago

Just a few more hours left.

20CDCC2C-8687-49B9-AFC8-38C641EF2B2A (resized).jpeg20CDCC2C-8687-49B9-AFC8-38C641EF2B2A (resized).jpeg
    #42 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone who contributed to putting on another great SFGE! Tons of games with very short wait times on the most popular ones if there was a wait time at all.

And to the very few of you that would play a 4-person game when you were the only one playing or you kept starting a new game with people waiting behind you, COME ON! You know better than that.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from rogerroger:

Thanks to everyone who contributed to putting on another great SFGE! Tons of games with very short wait times on the most popular ones if there was a wait time at all.
    And to the very few of you that would play a 4-person game when you were the only one playing or you kept starting a new game with people waiting behind you, COME ON! You know better than that.

I think that was mostly kids, but damned if you do and damned if you don't. I cycled power on a game that a kid left with 4 games running and next thing you know the owner is asking me what happened. I only got crop dusted once, so that's a plus.

This year was a bit of a growth spurt. We will definitely be back next year. It was lots of fun!

#44 4 years ago

Thanks to all involved in this event! Especially Mark (I think it was Mark who ran the tourney Sat AM).

In other news

deadpool gc sfge 19 (resized).jpgdeadpool gc sfge 19 (resized).jpg

Deadpool is a pretty freaking good pin!

#45 4 years ago

Multiple times I had adults playing four players games by themselves.
    I loved Deadpool also.
    But this followed me home.

97BCCCB9-6CFD-4FC0-8008-E9636CDF091D (resized).jpeg97BCCCB9-6CFD-4FC0-8008-E9636CDF091D (resized).jpeg
    #46 4 years ago

Suncoast Cosmic Carnival Review!!

#48 4 years ago

Are the tourney results from SFGE posted somewheres?

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

Are the tourney results from SFGE posted somewheres?

https://matchplay.events/live/search?query=SFGE

Click on the tourney you want and then click the standings tab. (The pingolf was tracked somewhere on google docs.)

Thanks for bringing Firepower!

#50 4 years ago

Thanks! Happy to bring it! I don't think anyone noticed it had the drop target retrofit installed...

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-southern-fried-gaming-expo-2019-hype-thread-sfge?hl=loganjk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.