Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 499 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by jstevenson
  • Topic is favorited by 53 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

78C0AC0C-0774-4775-944A-BD6CA5B21053 (resized).jpeg
    E31CA444-06AE-460F-91C4-4C527F900151 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20180714_105236_1531591091909 (resized).jpg
    34559203_10213158583454154_5557924685909327872_n (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 499 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
    #351 9 years ago
    Quoted from cgz46:

anywhere to play a clean spiderman besides family amusements beat up machine? I want one

There's one at Pinball Land. I'm going to get it leveled and pitched this Saturday, along with anyone who wants to come help, and then it will be open at 2pm for people to come play.

#352 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

What got pulled for Mustang? TRON LE or AC/DC Pro?

Ac/dc pro. Mustang is running v.1.11 code

2 weeks later
    #353 9 years ago

Hey SoCal folks, you know how they did that league challenge of Pittsburgh vs. Free State that PAPA broadcast? A few of us norcal folks were thinking a west coast battle could be cool.

Like SoCal vs. NorCal vs. PDX vs Seattle or something?

Anyone interested? it could even be a four city tour kinda thing. Not sure what anyone would win aside from pride (which is a lot).

Haven't talked to any PDX or Seattle folks but could be fun!

#354 9 years ago

Warriors... come out to pla-eee-yay!

screenshot-med-01.jpgscreenshot-med-01.jpg
    1 month later
    #355 9 years ago

Finally made it out to 82 tonight. Had a f-ing rad time, of you're in the LA area you owe yourself a trip. Molly is taking great care of the games, and if there are issues she knows about it and is going to fix them. Lots of people, lots of newbie players, was great to see not just the same old collectors playing, but actual new people. Like show people how to hit the start button new. Gives you faith the hobby isn't calcifying or dying off.

Molly isn't on Pinside anymore, but hats off to her here anyways.

Also, shout out to the Crazy Flipper Fingers!

#356 9 years ago

Made it out to 82 last Wed for my dad's birthday. Great time. Amped us up even more about sharing our pins with ppl at our restaurant! Very cool place. Aurich hope you can swing by our place some time; think you would enjoy it! Casa de Carlos

#357 9 years ago
    Quoted from cgz46:

Made it out to 82 last Wed for my dad's birthday. Great time. Amped us up even more about sharing our pins with ppl at our restaurant! Very cool place. Aurich hope you can swing by our place some time; think you would enjoy it! Casa de Carlos

Would love to. Also, it's almost 3 in the morning, and we should both go to bed.

#358 9 years ago

A friend at work, who is not a collector but likes pinball and vids, told me the other day he went to 82 and had a great time. Said it was really crowded with a line to get in the place and lines to play games

#359 9 years ago

Yeah, I heard the line outside was about a 30 minute wait. Wouldn't know since we got to skip it.

Every pin was being played at any given moment, but there was never really a line to play. If you wanted to play one specific game you might need to wait for someone to finish, but we just walked up to machines as they were open, played 3-4 player game, and then we'd move on to the next one, generally leaving some credits behind for someone else.

Place was packed, they're doing great business. The vids are more popular than the pins, but that's pretty normal I think.

image-884.jpgimage-884.jpgimage-489.jpgimage-489.jpgimage-917.jpgimage-917.jpgimage-903.jpgimage-903.jpg

#360 9 years ago

20140626_004051.jpg20140626_004051.jpg 82 . No real wait during the week! Me and my Dad.

#361 9 years ago

I need to make the 2 hour pilgrimage to 82.....

2 months later
    #362 9 years ago

Soooo uhhhh yeah n Stuff..

There are 5 pinballs at Super Arcade in Walnut

https://www.facebook.com/SuperArcade

Palazzos Pizza is sadly gone - we will miss it dearly..

Comic Hero @ Fullerton Train Station still has 3 or 4 pins

http://www.comicherou.com/

Comic Book Hideout has 4 Pins

http://www.comicbookhideout.com/

2 weeks later
    #364 9 years ago

Super Arcade in Walnut now has a total of 6 pins - added POTC

#365 9 years ago

This Saturday, Play at the Lake Match Play Tournament @ Lake Alice in Riverside! Plenty of spaces open. This is a great tournament for all skill levels, similar in some ways to Pinburgh. There will be both "A" and "B" finals. http://www.iepinball.com/patl for full details and sign-ups!

Also, we're having a side tournament on AC/DC to support the Pinball Outreach Project: ThunderTILT! Open play all day Saturday and Sunday until 30 minutes after the match play final conclusion, and you don't have to play in the main tournament to play in the side tournament. The side tournament will be streamed online and I'll share that link once we go live Saturday.

ThunderTILT.pngThunderTILT.png

#366 9 years ago

Karl is the AC/DC set up normal or is this the infamous tilt wired to targets game?

#367 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Karl is the AC/DC set up normal or is this the infamous tilt wired to targets game?

Ooh is this a game with a specific shot(s) wired to the slam tilt? Love that kinda side tourney!

#368 9 years ago

That's the one!

Gene, the 3 Thunderstruck targets are wired into the tilt and the game is set for zero warnings. Hit a target, lose your ball.

#369 9 years ago

No Tilt Warnings... Perfect!

#370 9 years ago
    Quoted from audihere:

No Tilt Warnings... Perfect!

First Sunday of the month you wake up and lie in bed wondering, "how can I make the special tournament game more brutal this time than last time?"

#371 9 years ago

At least it's for charity this time

1 month later
    #372 9 years ago

Went to Gable House Bowl in Torrance last night to play Tron LE. Sadly it is gone , but in its place TWD pro.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#373 9 years ago

What's next to it? I had heard they pulled the AC/DC for Mustang, but I haven't been there in a while.

#374 9 years ago

Mustang running 1.3 code

#375 9 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Mustang running 1.3 code

There was also a working Avatar in the laser tag place next door, a couple months ago.

#376 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinBilly:

There was also a working Avatar in the laser tag place next door, a couple months ago.

That's been there for years, I wonder if it gets much play.

#377 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

That's been there for years, I wonder if it gets much play.

It did from me!

3 weeks later
    #378 9 years ago

Seeking a Williams Grand Prix EM in the Los Angles area.

That is all.

#379 9 years ago

Give Herb at Fabulous Fantasies a call. He will take care of you.

8 months later
    #380 8 years ago

IFPA Tournament and Pinball Outreach Project fundraiser at Pinball Land this Saturday!

As many of you already know, pinball lost a good friend with the recent passing of Casey Davis. I came to know Casey through the private arcade he ran, and whether it was good pinball, good brew, or good people, they could all be found at Casey's Man Cave in Upland, California.

In memory of Casey there will be an IFPA sanctioned pinball tournament and POP (Pinball Outreach Project) fundraiser to be held at Pinball Land in Santa Ana, California on Saturday, August 29th. Doors open at 2:00pm. This event is open to the public but please RSVP.

There is a $20 donation per person. There will be a separate $20 entry fee for the tournament scheduled to start around 4pm. Entry to the tournament is optional.

RSVP and more information is available in This Thread .

All money's earned from this event will be donated to POP in Casey's name.

8 months later
    #381 7 years ago

Headed down to AYCE gogi tomorrow night in the SFV, if anyone want to join. Korean BBQ, craft beers, and a solid lineup of pins. GOT LE, Kiss LE, White Water, Medievel Madness, NBA FB, Tales from the Crypt...

#382 7 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Headed down to AYCE gogi tomorrow night in the SFV, if anyone want to join. Korean BBQ, craft beers, and a solid lineup of pins. GOT LE, Kiss LE, White Water, Medievel Madness, NBA FB, Tales from the Crypt...

Please report back after your trip! I'm kinda suspicious about all these rad pins at... an all you can eat Korean BBQ.

#383 7 years ago

I've been before..they have a lounge in the back with TV's, karaoke and the pins. Pretty sweet setup

#384 7 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Such an odd place for pins to be, but good to know this exists...very close to home. I would like to get some time in on GOTLE...but not sure if I can handle the stink of Korean BBQ.

#385 7 years ago

Lounge is separate from restaurant

#386 7 years ago

I just got home from AYCE Gogi Korean BBQ and I was pleasantly surprised. The food was really good and it's a cool experience for the family. If you like meat, they have many different kinds to choose from and it's all you can eat. In the back they have more dining tables and then a bar with smaller tables to the side of that away from the dining area, in another room. They have 5 pins in the bar area and the owner told me he was putting in WH2O and MM soon. There's also a SF2 and TV in a waiting area at the front door. The pins played great.

The owner also said they will be having a special launch party when he gets his GBLE in. I plan on going for sure.

IMG_6598_(resized).JPGIMG_6598_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6597_(resized).JPGIMG_6597_(resized).JPG

#387 7 years ago

Sorry, hit the wrong button

#388 7 years ago

Sweet, didn't even know about that place. Will have to check it out next time I'm in the valley, thanks!

#389 7 years ago

You went last night?! Nice...heading down tonight if anyone swings through say Hi.

#390 7 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

You went last night?! Nice...heading down tonight if anyone swings through say Hi.

I did! Looking forward to going back for the food, beer and pinball!

#391 7 years ago

Had a blast last night...here's a few pics

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#392 7 years ago

How is pinball land? Has anyone been there?

#393 7 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Had a blast last night...here's a few pics

Is that Gogi? I gotta stop by there sometime. Always wanted to try kbbq too.

#394 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobertWinter:

Is that Gogi? I gotta stop by there sometime. Always wanted to try kbbq too.

If you like meat like I do, it's awesome. I had 2 servings of a marinated thin sliced steak, chicken and pork ribs. Funny, never thought I would talk about how the food was in a pinball forum.

#395 7 years ago
    Quoted from bellbrand:

How is pinball land? Has anyone been there?

Definitely worth the trip. I haven't played there in ages, since Ron moved things to Wed nights it's hard to get out there, traffic sucks from Torrance, but I went out one night a bit ago to deliver a game and he's probably buffed up his nice collection another 33%, was looking great.

#396 7 years ago
    Quoted from spandol:

The owner also said they will be having a special launch party when he gets his GBLE in. I plan on going for sure.

Please post here when you find out the date. I'm considering a premium, but would like to play a bit before I commit.
    Thanks.

#397 7 years ago

I took the wife out to AYCE Gogi tonight. GREAT food, great service, great pin lineup and all are in really good shape. Highly recommended. We'll definitely be going back.

#398 7 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Please post here when you find out the date. I'm considering a premium, but would like to play a bit before I commit.
    Thanks.

I will post back here when I find out a date.

1 month later
    #399 7 years ago

Americas Most Haunted at AYCE!! Awesome lineup right now...all games $0.50 lets get a meetup planned.

#400 7 years ago

Been looking for a reason to go back, other than the great food!

There are 499 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-socal-thread/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.