Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 499 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by jstevenson
  • Topic is favorited by 53 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

78C0AC0C-0774-4775-944A-BD6CA5B21053 (resized).jpeg
    E31CA444-06AE-460F-91C4-4C527F900151 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20180714_105236_1531591091909 (resized).jpg
    34559203_10213158583454154_5557924685909327872_n (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 499 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.
    #201 10 years ago

LOL!!!

#202 10 years ago

Does anyone local-ish to me have an AC/DC Pro? And wouldn't mind popping the glass so I could take a couple measurements? Playing with an idea but I need some more accurate dimensions than I can get from photos.

#203 10 years ago

It sure was nice to get a little rain last night.

#204 10 years ago

I'm running a tournament Saturday, December 28th for anyone interested: http://www.twistedrails.com/criticalhit

3 Strikes Survivor format. Might be 2 strikes if interest is high. Wouldn't want the tournament running until 2-3am...

$20 or FREE entry if you're lucky with a D20.

1 week later
    #205 10 years ago

Sure got quiet here... nobody talking about the new ST Pro at the Century 8 theatre in Van Nuys...?

#206 10 years ago

Didn't know that was there. No one posted it to pinballmap.com yet. Does that theater have an open lobby? Might need to take a long lunch one day and check it out.

#207 10 years ago

anyone wanting to sell their NGG? sold XM last month and have barren wall looking for one in the $3500 or less range

#208 10 years ago

Almost done with construction on our new game room in Santa Clarita. Anyone know where we can get a good deal on a 60-1 multicade?

#209 10 years ago
    Quoted from bailorgana:

Sure got quiet here... nobody talking about the new ST Pro at the Century 8 theatre in Van Nuys...?

Just called and verified it is there but you need to buy a ticket to get into the area it is located. Will check it out in the next day or two.

Address: 12827 Victory Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91606

Phone:(818) 508-1943

#210 10 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

anyone wanting to sell their NGG? sold XM last month and have barren wall looking for one in the $3500 or less range

I sell you mine for $3500.00, with normal DMD
    with color DMD its $3900.00

Excellent shape and working properly

#211 10 years ago
    Quoted from wcoyote:

Almost done with construction on our new game room in Santa Clarita. Anyone know where we can get a good deal on a 60-1 multicade?

I have a stand up cabinet with 48-1 , $500.00

#212 10 years ago

Folks , don't forget to sign up for the Pinball party December 28th
    at the Corona Pinball parlor !

must send RSVP !!

Pinball tournament as well for those Cash $$$ lovers

#213 10 years ago

I saw the 48-1 and immediately though, "He should jump on that, I hear the other 12 games suck anyway! Not one of them is a pinball."

#214 10 years ago

I went to the Century 8 theatre last night and played the Trek Pro. Listed it on Pinfinder and PinballMap.

They let me in w/o buying a ticket. Arcade is set up for tokens. $5 for 25. Game is 3 tokens / play.

Game plays better than any Stern recently released other than maybe Metallica. Though I don't have a lot of time playing a Metallica Pro, only the Premium and LE. The TILT is WAAAAY to tight. The game actually tilted itself when the ball was in the pop bumpers once. The PF is showing a lot of dimpling. Also, during Vengeance multiball, I had a ball get stuck above the magnet, tried to rock it out and of course, TILT. Grrr.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the play. The shot pattern is awesome and proven. I'm not a big fan of the art and sound package or the modes. The modes and sounds just aren't as fun as TNG. The warp ramp and loops really whip the ball around!! Good luck making sequential warps or "Picard maneuvers". I miss the cannons and neutral zone, but the addition of locking the ball directly into the ship instead of from the ramp on the side really adds a fun level of gameplay. My favorite change... wow, that ship really fires the ball back at you FAST.

#215 10 years ago
    Quoted from rvdv:

I sell you mine for $3500.00, with normal DMD
    with color DMD its $3900.00
    Excellent shape and working properly

NGG for sale in Calabasas..

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-ngg-3

Send me a pm .--- Joe

#216 10 years ago
    Quoted from bailorgana:

I went to the Century 8 theatre last night and played the Trek Pro. Listed it on Pinfinder and PinballMap.
    They let me in w/o buying a ticket. Arcade is set up for tokens. $5 for 25. Game is 3 tokens / play.
    Game plays better than any Stern recently released other than maybe Metallica. Though I don't have a lot of time playing a Metallica Pro, only the Premium and LE. The TILT is WAAAAY to tight. The game actually tilted itself when the ball was in the pop bumpers once. The PF is showing a lot of dimpling. Also, during Vengeance multiball, I had a ball get stuck above the magnet, tried to rock it out and of course, TILT. Grrr.
    Other than that, I really enjoyed the play. The shot pattern is awesome and proven. I'm not a big fan of the art and sound package or the modes. The modes and sounds just aren't as fun as TNG. The warp ramp and loops really whip the ball around!! Good luck making sequential warps or "Picard maneuvers". I miss the cannons and neutral zone, but the addition of locking the ball directly into the ship instead of from the ramp on the side really adds a fun level of gameplay. My favorite change... wow, that ship really fires the ball back at you FAST.

Went there today. After a little convincing they let me go in and play it without a ticket. Played about 15 games on it. Tilt is pretty tight but seemed less so as I played.(Maybe I adjusted to it). Layout is pretty cool. Hard to say if I like it better than Metallica but they are close. Metal ramps on Metallica are a lot better but the third ramp makes up for it somewhat. At this point the code is pretty limited so the game is mainly "hit the lit shots". The biggest gripe I have is that the modes are all way too similar. Finished all the modes a few times to get Mission multiball but never completed it. Lighting is very good on this pin. Have to play it more after a few more code updates to really rate it but I can't say at this point it compares to TRON or LOTR but certainly way better than TRS that was next to it or TAV or XM. Got #1 score of 56,347,940.

Star Trek.JPGStar Trek.JPG
    #217 10 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Finished all the modes a few times to get Mission multiball

Ugh, that means it's not on the latest code. Should've been the Kobayashi Maru multiball after the first round of missions.

#218 10 years ago

I can confirm, after playing a Trek LE yesterday, that this machine is NOT using new code. The code on the LE was 10x better. After completing one of the modes, re-running it brings up NEW animation. Its brilliant. I would have to say, the LE is probably the best Stern game made, although it would be a close run w/ Tron, Metallica and AC/DC.

#219 10 years ago

If anyone is looking for a Metallica Pro I am parting with mine, check the marketplace and PM me if interested.
    I love the game but I can only keep one rock themed pin (ACDC stays) and I need to make room for Star Trek by the
    end of the year.

Thanks,
    Kevin

#220 10 years ago
    Quoted from cleland:

If anyone is looking for a Metallica Pro I am parting with mine, check the marketplace and PM me if interested.
    I love the game but I can only keep one rock themed pin(ACDC stays) and I need to make room for Star Trek by the
    end of the year.
    Thanks,
    Kevin

I haven't been following the thread, do the spinners you added actually do anything? Or are they just there for fun as you hit them? I wouldn't think the code was there to support them.

#221 10 years ago

They wire into the standup targets on each side of the ramp to add to scoring. It would be cool to change the sound effect from those targets to something that sounded faster with the pinball browser app instead of the bass drum sound that is there now.

Thread is here:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-hkd-metallica-pro-with-add-on-spinners

#222 10 years ago
    Quoted from cleland:

They wire into the standup targets on each side of the ramp to add to scoring.

Oh, huh, so I guess they are somewhat functional. That's cool. I think it was lame of Stern to leave them off the Pro, I wish they'd make the games play the same, and just give the Premiums more bling. Especially when it's $1.50 worth of parts.

#223 10 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

Would you do a STTNG for IJ trade??? Just curious.

#224 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Would you do a STTNG for IJ trade??? Just curious.

Sorry no IJ isn't going anywhere unless TBL gets a lot more real AND I've already filled XMs spot.

#225 10 years ago

Aurich - saw your new Shadow translite installed in a game on Sunday. Solid upgrade.

#226 10 years ago
    Quoted from bailorgana:

Aurich - saw your new Shadow translite installed in a game on Sunday. Solid upgrade.

Oh sweet, thanks. Hmm, not too many in SoCal, off the top of my head it could have been Kyle, Chris, Robert or Patrick's place. Or maybe I'm forgetting someone?

#227 10 years ago

Yeah, right!
    th-232.jpegth-232.jpeg

#228 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Oh sweet, thanks. Hmm, not too many in SoCal, off the top of my head it could have been Kyle, Chris, Robert or Patrick's place. Or maybe I'm forgetting someone?

RVDV!

#229 10 years ago

Little OT, but just bumped into Billy Zoom from X at work today. Great guy.

Add him to my famous people I've met while working at Vons including:

Peter Hook

Troy Polomalu

Billy Ray Smith

Henry Rollins

#230 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Little OT, but just bumped into Billy Zoom from X at work today. Great guy.

X------ FTW!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/Exs-mcKApxI?autoplay=1&rel=0

3 weeks later
    #231 10 years ago

I've been meeting and hanging out with lots of cool SoCal pinheads lately, so bumping this thread for more Cali love!

#232 10 years ago

I'm going to be in the Laguna Beach area for my sons gymnastics meet in a few weeks. Any good places to play?

#233 10 years ago

You going to the STLE party this weekend Aurich? In Santa Ana?

#234 10 years ago
    Quoted from BillE:

You going to the STLE party this weekend Aurich? In Santa Ana?

I'm not sure yet, probably depends on if I roll out with some friends or not. If they're into it probably, if not I doubt I'll drive out solo. I just admitted how lazy I can be, yes.

#235 10 years ago

Hard to get out with all the lousy weather we have been having, eh?

#236 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Hard to get out with all the lousy weather we have been having, eh?

For real, when I left rvdv's house, it was like 60 something degrees. Brrr...

#238 10 years ago

heh.. yeah, watching all the news from back home (Georgia) where the high is 22 today.. not regretting coming out here at all 8 years ago.

#239 10 years ago

who all of y'all is going to be at INDISC? I'm going to be down for that and will be hitting up PNN on Thurs the 16th around 9:30 or so. Would be cool to meet up with folks and if anyone is an OP I'd love to talk to you about that for The Pinball Podcast too.

#240 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I've been meeting and hanging out with lots of cool SoCal pinheads lately, so bumping this thread for more Cali love!

Ya I had a blast at Greg's last weekend. Played Congo for the first time ever - fun game! Very cool to meet Pinsiders and shoot the shit and play pinball

#241 10 years ago

Hey all- looking for a project Johnny Mnemonic, if anyone has a lead. Mainly looking for something I can work on, both for fun and budget reasons. Had a lead on a local JM in very bad shape for a fair price, but the seller is balking now, sadly. He doesn't seem to appreciate how much work it needs to even be playable.

#242 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondie7575:

Hey all- looking for a project Johnny Mnemonic, if anyone has a lead. Mainly looking for something I can work on, both for fun and budget reasons. Had a lead on a local JM in very bad shape for a fair price, but the seller is balking now, sadly. He doesn't seem to appreciate how much work it needs to even be playable.

We'll send the Torrance squad over to complain loudly about what a piece of shit it is!

#243 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

We'll send the Torrance squad over to complain loudly about what a piece of shit it is!

Hah, indeed. He seems like a good guy, but every time we seem to have a deal, he backs out, and comes back with a higher price. He's now at the ceiling of what it's worth, and I'm waiting to hear back again (I accepted his last two offers, but he wouldn't say yes). Sigh. He doesn't seem to understand that it's so rough it's basically a pile of pinball parts sitting on a plywood box at this point. He's getting bad advice from a friend of his, I think.

Speaking of squads, I was pleasantly surprised to see how many pinsiders are in Torrance. I didn't think there was anything cool here.

#244 10 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ya I had a blast at Greg's last weekend. Played Congo for the first time ever - fun game! Very cool to meet Pinsiders and shoot the shit and play pinball

Yeah man, glad you finally made it out my way - and thanks for the Star Trek Warp ramp tip....my Warp exit was a bit rattley and unpredictable - SKB had an adjustment tip...I did it last nite and now it's way smoother!

#245 10 years ago

Anybody going to the FEAR show ? Three thumbs up.

#246 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah man, glad you finally made it out my way - and thanks for the Star Trek Warp ramp tip....my Warp exit was a bit rattley and unpredictable - SKB had an adjustment tip...I did it last nite and now it's way smoother!

I told you he had the hookup!

#247 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondie7575:

Speaking of squads, I was pleasantly surprised to see how many pinsiders are in Torrance. I didn't think there was anything cool here.

There's a few of us! We should to a Torrance pinball thing sometime.

#248 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Anybody going to the FEAR show ? Three thumbs up.

Oh man FEAR is still playing? That is awesome!
    Everybody needs to believe in something...

#249 10 years ago

Okay, looks like I'm going to roll to the Pinball Land tournament on Sat, probably going to get there early and bail early though, got other stuff to deal with later. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

#250 10 years ago

Everybody needs to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer !! YES !! At Whisky-1/11.Saw them in 2010 in St. Louis. Lee Ving still wails.

There are 499 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-socal-thread/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.