New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 125941)

Official ReplayFX show thread - Pittsburgh PA July 30 - August 2 2015

By ninjadoug

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 706 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by daudioguy
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 111 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB_IMG_1441743385773.jpg
    image.jpg
    parking.jpg
    20150731_160744.jpg
    20150731_160739.jpg
    20150731_142312.jpg
    20150731_142309.jpg
    20150731_142301.jpg
    20150731_142259.jpg
    20150802_172036.jpg
    20150802_171321.jpg
    20150802_171201.jpg
    20150802_170900.jpg
    20150802_103425.jpg
    20150802_103134.jpg
    20150801_234045.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 months later
    #114 5 years ago

Is there a vendor list?

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

This list is changing almost daily at this point, but here is what was forwarded on to me:
    FarSight Studios
    Wandering Muse
    Sword & Spirit
    501st Storm Trooper Garrison
    Jesse Burr
    Corey Garner
    Vintage Games
    Drop Target Zine
    Pinball Star / Jersey Jack
    Comic Wreck
    Retro Built Games
    Classic Game Room
    Tiltcycle
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Raw Thrills
    Kickback
    Inverse Phase
    Pinhead Amusements
    Pinball Witch
    Extra-Life
    Funzus
    Malicious Cosplay
    Multimorphic
    Cointaker
    Cash-In Culture
    Stern Pinball
    Goodies Chocolatier
    Pinball Perfection
    Cleveland Game Developers
    Chocolate Moonshine/Art of Fudge
    Window Sill Interactive

thanks for the list

#141 5 years ago

Is Dutch pinball going?

1 week later
    #183 5 years ago

3 groups per bank this year.

#185 5 years ago
    Quoted from funtimewithdave:

2 questions after reading http://papa.org/papa-tournaments/official-rules/pinburgh-rules/
    "...players in the top 500 of the IFPA’s World Pinball Player Rankings as of July 1, 2015 are restricted to A, B, and C Division."
    Anybody have a guestimation on how many of these players are attending? Lets say 250 or so? So 250 out of the ~525 spots in A/B/C already spoken for? Dang!
    "During each session, all players will be assigned to a group. A set of four games...... Sessions are scheduled for 2 hours and 15 minutes"
    We have 2 hours and 15 minutes to play 3, four player games? Dang thats quite a wait if your group goes quicker than some others. I believe I remember there being mention of a cash bar...............

you could end up with more than 175 players in each group if people are restricted. If the 250 all failed to qualify outright for A B or C divisions they would all still be placed in those divisions.

Last year the allotted time was 2 hrs and there were some groups that went longer which is why the time was extended. There will be plenty to do IMO between rounds so not too worried about the wait, it goes a lot quicker than you can imagine.

1 week later
    #530 5 years ago

IMG_0738.JPG

I have about 140 photos posted here... https://instagram.com/richmondpinball/

I personally had an absolute blast seeing old friends and making new ones. Finished mid B division and missed finals by a couple of points, but at Pinburgh the margin is so small that I'm sure there are plenty of others feeling the same disappointment.

Pinburgh is the one large event I really get a chance to attend and with it now tied to ReplayFX it has only gotten better.

IMG_1474.JPG

#532 5 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey! I have one of those stickers!!!
    Great to meet you, Taylor, and sorry you missed out on the finals. I pretty much knew it was over on day 1...

nice meeting you as well. Its never over until its over at Pinburgh which is one of the great things about the format. Ample opportunity to get a hot streak, I just went from cold to cold to frozen. : (

#537 5 years ago

Are final standings posted anywhere?

#565 5 years ago

Foot massages are in the works for 2016.

#585 5 years ago
    Quoted from bcrage88:

I have to say that Replay FX was awesome. It must have taken a tremendous effort to pull off this event. Thanks to all of the organizers, it made my long trek from Edmonton so worth it. Couple of things I would like to see is:
    1. Lighting - The round 4/9 and 5/10 games were pretty dark for lighting unless you were playing on the featured bank section.
    2. Tiebreakers - This is really an issue every year, but Bowen pretty well lost his voice in this portion, give the man some help, there should be four people running the tiebreakers one for each division and give these guys a megaphone or something so they do not have to yell and scream at people to get to their slots of games. The tiebreaker round went till 11:30 at night and if that portion could be cleaned up a little to speed things along.
    3. Featured Banks - Would like to have more featured banks like double the amount, do not need to put them all televised, but would have been nice to have A/B together and C/D together instead of them all spread out and really not watched. Would be nice to have a little more seating as well for featured banks on the Saturday.
    Overall the event was outstanding, does it have the mystic like the PAPA facility does, no, but it is quite the site when you see the amount of pinball, video games, and vendors that were at the event. I am looking forward to seeing you all again next year, congrats on pulling this off...

image.jpg

#610 5 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

How did mustang win most modern pinball? With Heighway....JJP and p3 their?

Hobbit or P3 should have won. Stern wasn't even there. If you have to be there to win a raffle prize you sure as hell should be there to win a best in show award. Hopefully Stern has a presence next year.

1 week later
    #680 5 years ago

there weren't any people on the waitlist the week before Pinburgh. I had a friend sign up to play the week before. It was possible to view the waitlist prior and you could see no one was on it. The year before I had friends drive up from Alabama to stand by to get into Pinburgh to no avail but they did the trip just in case.

#682 5 years ago

That sucks to hear that your friend was given wrong info.

2 weeks later
    #691 5 years ago

any idea when results will be posted to IFPA?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 10.00
    Tools
    Granby Games
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    $ 29.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    € 6.50
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 6.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos
    $ 18.95
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside