Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 706 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by daudioguy
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1441743385773.jpg
    image.jpg
    parking.jpg
    20150731_160744.jpg
    20150731_160739.jpg
    20150731_142312.jpg
    20150731_142309.jpg
    20150731_142301.jpg
    20150731_142259.jpg
    20150802_172036.jpg
    20150802_171321.jpg
    20150802_171201.jpg
    20150802_170900.jpg
    20150802_103425.jpg
    20150802_103134.jpg
    20150801_234045.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 8 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

alright I have a possibly dumb question. are there machines for sale at this event? my main objective for going to events is to buy stuff

It's definitely not the focus of the show, so there may not be much. I've taken games to shows to sell, but with Pinburgh and so much other stuff going on, I won't be taking any games to ReplayFX. I would guess that there are many others like me.

#97 8 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Well, there will be games for sale at the show. I know I'm bringing at least 4 and I know of some locals bringing games to sell.

What are you bringing?

#133 8 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Apologize for the silly question - but if we are not in the playoffs on Sat - will there still be pins that can be played by the public?

Big time.

1 week later
    #200 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tigger64:

That move/set-up must be quite challenging!

Part of me still expects to show up to a huge empty room, and all of the organizers saying "Did you really expect us to move all those machines!?!?"

#235 8 years ago
    Quoted from Euchrid:

Went to buy tickets for Replayfx just now, but there is now way to do so now. Did they close the purchase tickets link? Guess I'll have to wait in line the morning of. What time do tickets go on sale there?

Ditto. This means now I'll have to show up earlier than expected.

#242 8 years ago

Damn I just realized that parking is going to be expensive.

#243 8 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Players are also reminded they will need to purchase their Daily, Full-event, or VIP passes to go along with their Pinburgh reservations prior to July 30, 2015 in order to be allowed to participate.

Wait what. I don't have a fully event pass yet. I went to buy one today, but couldn't!

#535 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

And I went from "Could've made division B" to division C to "Probably should have been in division D"...

I expected to be in D, hoped for C, and ended up in B. I did spectacularly bad on Friday and ended up dead last in B by a healthy margin.

31-29 on Thursday.
    11.5 - 48.5 on Friday!

I scoured the website pretty good, and I'm pretty confident that no one got fewer points in a day.

Eh, whatever. I had a lot of fun!

#546 8 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

A lot of the pins had the sound either all the way down , or to low to hear and that disappointed me a little.

You're right, but can be a bit tough. Spectrum is one of my favorite games, and for a long time I didn't know it had speech. I eventually read that the game talks so much it actually gets annoying, which might be why it's off at PAPA. Or, of course the speech section of the sound board could just be broken.

One thing that's always exciting is finding the games that are super loud. I figure some of the techs sometimes decide to selectively crank the volume on some of their current favorites, and it does make some of the games special. Quicksilver in the tournament banks was cranked on Sunday, and I had a lot of fun playing it.

In terms of disappointment with sounds from games, the biggest upset of the show might have been that TX Sector was out of credits every time I approached it!

#563 8 years ago
    Quoted from haugstrup:

I just put a quarter in it. The game gave you 10 credits for a single quarter. Best. Deal. Ever.

Oh man! I figured it only took PAPA tokens!!!

#586 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Word on the street is that many of their oldies (woodrails) are for sale if you ask. Nobody plays them.

They rarely work! I always try!!! Gottlieb Universe is killer!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-replayfx-show-thread-pittsburgh-pa-july-30-august-2-2015?tu=mot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.