Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 706 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by daudioguy
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1441743385773.jpg
    image.jpg
    parking.jpg
    20150731_160744.jpg
    20150731_160739.jpg
    20150731_142312.jpg
    20150731_142309.jpg
    20150731_142301.jpg
    20150731_142259.jpg
    20150802_172036.jpg
    20150802_171321.jpg
    20150802_171201.jpg
    20150802_170900.jpg
    20150802_103425.jpg
    20150802_103134.jpg
    20150801_234045.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darthxaos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 8 years ago
    Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

I intended it be AAAHH when I named my bank AAAHH! I forget what year that was but, PAPA let all of the players pick the games and then come up with a name for the bank in a crazy open google spreadsheet doc. I forget what I had in my original on but, the first three were games beginning with A and the last Haunted House.

I remember that, I was hoping they'd do it again

#101 8 years ago
    Quoted from neurokinetik:

So, let me see if I understand the Pinburgh schedule correctly.
    Thursday we all play to determine what division we will be in.
    Friday we play in our respective divisions to establish who goes on to the playoffs (finals). Top 40 advance?
    Saturday is the finals, if you made it. Otherwise, you are pretty much done on Friday night.

I believe there is a consolation tourney for everyone who didnt make it on SAT

2 weeks later
    #230 8 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

? The papa circuit events and schedules are known months in advance. sure they should give more pokes... but twitch will do that for you as well by notifying you when they go live.

lol twitch notifications that often show up in your email an hour late

#258 8 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Online presage tickets have closed, but you can buy tickets at the door!

where do we go if we alrdy bought tickets? and didn't make the westin lobby or pingolf pre-checkins?

#260 8 years ago

Are there any live standings for the non-Pinburgh competitions at Replay?

#271 8 years ago

So Pittsburgers, what is like the "official foods" of Pittsburgh

Like the official foods of Texas are Barbecue and Mexican, New England is lobster, Maryland is crabs, etc.

#302 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rickwh:

Im taking my daughter and wife to the One Direction show at Heinz field sunday evening and we are going early to get some Replay time in.
    I cant wait, ive never been to a huge pinball tournament/even like this.
    Given the food discussion above, are there places to eat either at the convention center or along the walk between there and the Heinz field?
    Im thinking about a primanti bros. Or something like that.
    Rick

It's in a downtown area so there are plenty of bars and restaurants.

Be warned, there is very little available late night other than booze, hard to even find a convenience store open after 11. Pretty much McDonalds and 1 or 2 "pizza by the slice" joints stay open late, the bars typically close the kitchens and are drinks only that time of night (from my limited experience of this weekend)

#303 8 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Replay FX, and not the Pinburgh competition on its own has been advertised on the stream of every large pin tournament I have seen for months now, and likely longer. That's not to say that those streams are the only way it should have been advertised, but if you stream tournaments, you have been told about Replay FX. I was talking to a friend yesterday at work about how I really wished I was there. Putting it on my to do list for next year.

If you stream tournaments chances are you were already interested because of Pinburgh.

#370 8 years ago

It's also the same weekend as GenCon, and there's probably a little bit of overlap there (although gencon is a primarily tabletop/PnP RPG convention)

Also Saturday has a lot more people here than previous days, which makes sense since any locals only interested in doing 1 day will choose Saturday pretty much. We got stormtroopers n shit and Rule 63 Links running around now

#372 8 years ago
    Quoted from C2CPinball:

Great environment around the "A" Finals, but we need SCOREBOARDS in pinball...

I was just thinking that. Have 1 monitor above a bank just showing the player names and point totals

#407 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Congrats to Zach sharpe for taking down the championship. Put up a solid game on IM for the win. Hopefully more tournaments will be streamed live. That was fun to watch.

Too bad they didn't keep WHO? Dunnit in there, we would still be there watching if the final game had been on that!

#459 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_erie:

Completely disagree that the food was way overpriced. $10.00 for a BIG pulled pork sandwich, fries, coleslaw, and a soda. Hell, that's what you'll pay at any restaurant !!

The regular food was overpriced, like the fruit cups and such, but if you got the daily special it was reasonable

#461 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_erie:

Completely disagree that the food was way overpriced. $10.00 for a BIG pulled pork sandwich, fries, coleslaw, and a soda. Hell, that's what you'll pay at any restaurant !!

Plus, there's tons of little local sandwich places right by the center that are pretty reasonable

#462 8 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

I find it extremely odd that there isn't a single Firepower in the building.

I played it in the tournament, so there was.

#468 8 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

My initial comments were in response to there almost being no broadcast at all. That's all. I agree, 6 hours of semi finals and finals is actually pretty decent. Maybe all I'm suggesting is make that the goal, and promote it, make sure links are out, and that the audience can be as big as possible for those 6 hours. That's all.
    I did watch some of the 6 hours and enjoyed it, as past broadcasts.

Considering a typical pro football game broadcast is about 3.5-4 hours 6 hours is pretty damn long - about equivalent to the Super Bowl including all the pregame and postgame coverage, except this is all game.

#529 8 years ago

You know what's fun about Sunday? Going to the machines we just watched the finalists play the hell out of in finals like Hot Tip and seeing what we can do on them. Not just the same title but the exact same machine.

#562 8 years ago
    Quoted from jsomethin:

Here's a suggestion:
    There's tons of great food trucks in Pittsburgh. How about arranging for some of them to be outside close to the convention center, so that folks have lots of options for great food without having to go far to get it.

There were already tons of options for great food downtown literally across the street from the convention center. Including my star of the week, Fernando's Cafe (pizza, subs, and wraps place)

#626 8 years ago

They should do a side tournament on the frosted glass games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darthxaos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-replayfx-show-thread-pittsburgh-pa-july-30-august-2-2015?tu=darthxaos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.