New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 125941)

Official ReplayFX show thread - Pittsburgh PA July 30 - August 2 2015

By ninjadoug

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 706 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by daudioguy
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 111 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB_IMG_1441743385773.jpg
    image.jpg
    parking.jpg
    20150731_160744.jpg
    20150731_160739.jpg
    20150731_142312.jpg
    20150731_142309.jpg
    20150731_142301.jpg
    20150731_142259.jpg
    20150802_172036.jpg
    20150802_171321.jpg
    20150802_171201.jpg
    20150802_170900.jpg
    20150802_103425.jpg
    20150802_103134.jpg
    20150801_234045.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

There will be nearly 500 pinball machines on free play at the show.

Sorry. Still not enough.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

I assume you jest, but Doug still undersold it a bit. 500 is just what PAPA is bringing. Stern, JJP, etc, are also bringing games.

So...what're we talking? 510? 520?

Sorry. That just won't do.

DISCLAIMER: I wouldn't care if you had only 10 machines. I bought my Galactic Loser VIP pass and I'll be there for all four days...unless somebody makes me feel bad about myself. VERY excited!

1 month later
    #106 5 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Check out the ReplayFX VIP bags! Time to fill them up with some great swag!11537809_844148822333384_4194873240318555076_n.jpg

Nice to see that all the money I spent on Galactic Nerd VIP passes for me and my wife are going toward some sweet goodies. I had to take out a second mortgage and I'm still paying it off.

1 week later
    #171 5 years ago

The last one was the only one I couldn't get 100% on. Seems like they're getting REALLY difficult. Haven't opened today's yet...

#178 5 years ago

The only question here is: Which bank will it take longer for The Boob to be eliminated from?

Bring your trophy, Levi, and show 'em who's boss!

#194 5 years ago

You know what one of the best things about this show is? I don't have to schlep around my leftover PAPA tokens from last year!

#214 5 years ago

I won't even qualify for D division.

#227 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Please keep the photos coming!!!

It's not going to be the same without you, Jared...

#229 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Ugh! Is there a K or L Division?

I'm in Z, so there's gotta be.

#234 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Looking forward to meeting some Pinsiders (especially local ones) at the Meet & Greet Saturday @ 11am. Looks like room 323. Beaver county will be represented!

He said "Beaver."

#272 5 years ago

The official food of Pittsburgh is food. Meat-heavy food. And lots of it. And at a great price.

#304 5 years ago

Here's a shot of the place from above. And I couldn't even fit it all in!1438375731197-907734364.jpg

#307 5 years ago

Attendance is good but I think it'll be packed tomorrow. It looks empty because it was taken during the pinburgh dinner break. So about 700 people had left the floor.

#374 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rickwh:

Never been to a show like this. Just wanna know if its cool to walk up to someone like bowen (obviously not if he is playing or waiting to play) and introduce yourself. I mean if i see someone i recognize walking to the pisser or standing in line to get pizza.

Quoted from chessiv:

Bowen is a great guy but he's busy as hell running the tourney. If he looks relaxed you'll be fine. If he's busy with things you may want to wait

Yep...Chessiv is spot on. I wanted to say hello to him a couple times, but he was busy. Waited until he had a second to breathe and introduced myself. Great guy. I wouldn't want to talk to him when he's competing (like he was last year in PAPA when I passed on saying hello).

But that's the general rule: If you see Lyman, Keith, Bowen, or any of them and you want to say hello and let them know you look up to them, admire their skills, etc., do it when they're NOT focused on competing. Then, if things don't go well, you know who not to look up to anymore.

If you approach them when they're trying to win a competition, though, it's you who's the douchebag.

#375 5 years ago

I'm home now, but wanted to thank everybody involved for an awesome event. Between this show and Pintastic New England, I'm really pinball'ed out. Those two shows offered everything from both ends of the spectrum, and because I'm completely satisfied with shows for the year, I'm skipping Expo. (The only plus that Expo has over this show is more seminars and a bigger vendor assortment and area.)

So thanks to ReplayFX for saving me money in October! (Plus, I have a feeling I'm buying the one or two "big announcement" machines from Expo...so I'll wait to see them when they're in my house!)

Great to meet all the Pinsiders that I've been offending over the past two years. Thanks for kicking my ass in Pinburgh, although it saved me even more money on an extra night at the hotel.

#381 5 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

There were a lot of people today. Fun seeing stormtroopers and all types of cosplay. Kevin and team deserve massive kudos for this show.

Now you're making me glad I left. The costume shit is where I draw the line. Waaaaaay too nerdy for me. Great show, though!

#384 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Man, you're just a crochety old dude, lol... Got the whole EM Crusade thing going on and complaining about cosplay now?

What EM crusade thing do I have going on? Besides that I think playing them feels like you're playing pinball underwater?

#386 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You really got to get down here to TPF where the EM games actually play right...

Well, if TPF is anywhere near Houston in the summertime, the games would actually BE underwater.

#388 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Don't forget about the Stern factory tour!

I did forget. Good catch!

#411 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

P.S. The only Coldplay person I talked to (and rooted for) was Lilith from Borderlands2! Hope she won something!
    image.jpg

I'm still rooting for Chris Martin.

#424 5 years ago

I was there Thursday and Friday and left Saturday morning after I was eliminated (I was burnt out on pinball and video games anyway!). I wanted to watch the finals and also found it pretty thin coverage...especially the fact that the "live" google docs standings weren't even updated regularly.

#438 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Humidity ain't as bad in Dallas, thankfully. I'd kill myself if it was.

Last time I was in Dallas, I walked outside in the morning and nearly passed out from the heat. It was already nearing 100 and it wasn't even 10 AM yet.

It's like the time I was in California, near Bakersfield. We were taking a break on a trip to go rafting and when we got out of the car, you could see the ripples from the heat coming off the road in the distance. All the California people--who always bust on my NJ weather--began complaining about the heat. I said, "Aw, c'mon, fellas...it's a DRY heat!" They all looked at me and said, "F**k you!" at the same time.

A great moment for this Jersey boy.

(That drought and fires aren't anything to laugh about, though. But I guess if you're gonna boast about the sunshine all the time, that means you're not getting any rain...)

#445 5 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Sounds like a VH song.

...and I eased the seat back...

#448 5 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

I find it extremely odd that there isn't a single Firepower in the building.

Quoted from ninjadoug:

There is a Firepower in the Pinburgh area.

Yeah...okay...but I didn't see one single Donkey Kong in the whole place.

#454 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What were the prices on booze?

No booze at the concession stands.

#458 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinwow:

When I was standing in line at the concession stand to get a coca cola, it said a beer was $6.75
    They also had a mini bar that opened at night after the concession stand closed...........

Did not see that. It must have been in my instinctive blind spot that blocks any beverage over $5.

#517 5 years ago

It was much easier to hear the pins, actually.

#531 5 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

IMG_0738.JPG
    I have about 140 photos posted here... https://instagram.com/richmondpinball/
    I personally had an absolute blast seeing old friends and making new ones. Finished mid B division and missed finals by a couple of points, but at Pinburgh the margin is so small that I'm sure there are plenty of others feeling the same disappointment.
    Pinburgh is the one large event I really get a chance to attend and with it now tied to ReplayFX it has only gotten better.
    IMG_1474.JPG

Hey! I have one of those stickers!!!

Great to meet you, Taylor, and sorry you missed out on the finals. I pretty much knew it was over on day 1...

#534 5 years ago

And I went from "Could've made division B" to division C to "Probably should have been in division D"...

#547 5 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Allot of the pins had the sound either all the way down , or to low to hear and that disappointed me a little. It made it harder for me to decide which pin I wanted to add to my collection next lol. Music and sound is one of my final determining factors when it comes to a pin purchase. Good thing there's Youtube.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong. Perhaps it was because I couldn't hear that I did so badly in Pinburgh.

Yeah...that must be it.

#642 5 years ago
    Quoted from neurokinetik:

parking.jpg
    Big parking lot in the upper left corner of the pic.

That's the Allegheny River.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 45.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 19.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 24.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Other
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 7.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside