Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 706 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by daudioguy
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1441743385773.jpg
    image.jpg
    parking.jpg
    20150731_160744.jpg
    20150731_160739.jpg
    20150731_142312.jpg
    20150731_142309.jpg
    20150731_142301.jpg
    20150731_142259.jpg
    20150802_172036.jpg
    20150802_171321.jpg
    20150802_171201.jpg
    20150802_170900.jpg
    20150802_103425.jpg
    20150802_103134.jpg
    20150801_234045.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballKen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 8 years ago

Man this show is going to be fun. 5 of us carpooling from WI. Magnetic chess board, battleship, cribbage and who knows what else to keep us occupied on the way! Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible!

#135 8 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Apologize for the silly question - but if we are not in the playoffs on Sat - will there still be pins that can be played by the public?

Gotta have something to do while Ian is still in the playoffs eh?

2 weeks later
    #238 8 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Due to the scope of Pinburgh (240 games in the competition) and manpower restrictions (all the people who are commentators will be playing), it just isn't possible to do qualifying for Pinburgh at this time.

Tom Graf said he would commentate for the qualifying rounds. God knows he hasn't shutup in the first 4 hours of the road trip.

#263 8 years ago

I found LIONMAN at ReplayFX!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Stupid camera.

#296 8 years ago

I met Betelgeuse! And Angie!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#410 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I had a lot of Fun at my first PinBurgh/Replayfx. I came up short making it into B Finals but that was my own fault. I thought the tournament ran very smoothly for how many games were there.
    My hat goes off to the people who run this event. Moving all the games, running the tournament, updating the sessions, etc. if you ever want to be apart of a tournament, this is the one to be at.
    Usually the lines at expo stop me from playing some of the newer games. I was able to play Kiss, P3 Lexy, AMH, The Hobbit and Full Throttle. I really liked them all.
    Hobbit surprised me. I thought the game was great for never playing it before. Back glass LCD was excellent and thought the gameplay was well done.
    Full Throttle was also fun but not a game I would own. Game had really good flow and I liked the integration of the LCD on the playfield.
    P3 also surprised me. I thought it wouldn't be for me but I really enjoyed it. The flippers felt better than when I had tried it in the past. The ball lock that rotates was a cool toy. My understanding was although the upfront costs were high, additional games would be drop in for $1-1.5k with you only changing out the back third of the playfield.
    Kiss was a bit frustrating to play at first but as I played it more I started to enjoy it. I had played the Beta code version previously and this version (I am assuming the latest) was more polished but I also felt the game could a little more polish. Overall though I thought the game played good and was glad I purchased a LE which I have not received yet.
    WWE, WWELE, TWD Premium, Mustang LE, WNBJM, & Metallica as well as a ton of other games were setup in the freeplay area.
    Tons of vids as well. A bunch of us got to hang with Billy Mitchell of Donkey Kong fame which was really cool.
    There was certainly enough to keep you entertained at Replayfx.

Man!!! I thought I talked a lot!!
    I agree with everything you've said and am proud to have shared the EXPERIENCE with you!

To everyone who I couldn't thank personally on FB, I thank you here on Pinside! Thanks for making my first PAPA event the best it could be.

For all the other comments that made me think or chuckle...wish I could respond to them all. But it's 7AM Pittsburgh time and time to go home! Soonish.....

P.S. The only Coldplay person I talked to (and rooted for) was Lilith from Borderlands2! Hope she won something!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#501 8 years ago

Phenomenal event! 10/10 would go again and would reccomend to everyone.

Beer was sold from day one, as others have said, at the back concession stand. Thursday night when they opened the front bar they had beer and wine. Friday and Saturday night the front bar was fully stocked. Cocktails were $7.50 for a very small cup.

#513 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm pretty sure that attendance, while decent, was less than they were hoping for. So I don't expect them to be broadcasting those numbers.

It was the first year. I imagine year 2 will be quite a bit larger with many of us giving HIGH praise! And I'm pretty sure they will have plenty of support from the locals. Lord knows I dropped a small fortune (for me) at MANY local establishments. And it was worth every penny!

One suggestion for next year is to get out and talk to some of those establishments. There was a game/music/movie store near Hanlons (the breakfast spot) that didn't even know it was going on! Not even a flyer on there bulletin board. And yes our group spent money there too.

Quoted from ninjadoug:

We spent a lot of time setting up and tearing down the equipment, and 6 hours streaming finals, so it wasn't exactly an afterthought.

While thoroughly buzzed I offered to help Mark change the setup a bit after A finals. He wisely declined my offer.
    But my offer still stands!! I volunteer my time to hook up the electrical system (Doc Oc) for MGC and would gladly do the same for guys!
    Don't think I got to meet you but I did talk to (and thank) Anastasia, Mark, Jon Replogle, Pete Hendricks, Bowen, and many others if you need references.

#520 8 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Everything was pretty awesome!

image.jpg

Can't belive I went the whole weekend without a pic with LionJay, DragonJay, or BunnyJay! Was awesome to hang with you again Jay! You are the man!!

#526 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Great event. I do hope that Papa stays at PAPA and this stays downtown, but understand why they would do it this way for everything if they could. Downtown certainly costs a bit more for people to attend but I do like the location as far as bars and hotels.
    I finished 17th-28th in B. There were some excellent players in B. I lost to guys who really should have been in A, but that being said I didn't exactly try too hard to qualify for A (preferred to try my luck in B) so all's fair. I like the differences in PAPA and pinburgh. PAPA is a bit lower pressure as you have plenty of chances to qualify and better your scores, and you are more likely to play people of equal level as ranking restricts many of the players who were in B at pinburgh into A. But pinburgh is a much more exciting and social tournament, as it's all match play. The mix of games is much more interesting as well.
    My biggest thrill was winning a tie-breaker on Surfin' Safari late Friday to qualify in B after a disastrous post-lunch 3 score round and a mediocre 6 score final round. Always so exciting to have a big game in a clutch situation, and really rewarding. Everything after that was gravy considering I thought I was done.
    I am doing much better on the EMs but my biggest weakness was early Bally digitals and the System 11 stuff absolutely devoured me all week. As I really LIKE those games and have plenty of experience on them I think I need to practice a bit more of that stuff before next year and get out of DMD/ball save -land a bit prior so I'm better prepared.

17-28th in B represent!!

#561 8 years ago
    Quoted from haugstrup:

I just put a quarter in it. The game gave you 10 credits for a single quarter. Best. Deal. Ever.

HAHA! Best response I've seen to this complaint yet! And GREAT common sense!

Quoted from Gov:

Tenpenny was pretty good, as was Bill's. They also weren't too expensive given they were downtown next to or in the hotels.

Tenpenny's $14 full rack of ribs was fall off the bone DELICIOUS! I could have ate the whole thing but insisted my friends who still looked hungry try them!

#611 8 years ago

P3 was amazing and I would have Grand Champed it if BangerJay hadn't pulled my right hand away just as I was about to flip. Great innovation and fresh ideas! Hope someone can back them financially.

#617 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Killing it with the pix!! Great photos!
    So what was up with that frosted glass LotR? Was that just something neat, or was it to force people to play by sense of smell?

It was actually really cool. You could "see" the ball through the frost but had to guess when to flip because you couldn't see the flippers clearly.

#632 8 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

How could anyone miss Mark on the second floor getting everyone to scream in unison, not once but twice?

Probably outside smoking. Sorry I missed it. Looks like Neo was in every shot with his Lionman shirt.

#653 8 years ago
    Quoted from initfo:

I only said "if" because of this: https://twitter.com/ReplayFX/status/629380262342860800
    Unfortunately I mostly ate food at the JLL because there was little time to get away. I did get some good bulgogi near the Hampton and an Indian buffet down the street was tasty as well.

North Indian food? I love that shit! Must find for next year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballKen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-replayfx-show-thread-pittsburgh-pa-july-30-august-2-2015?tu=PinballKen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.