Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 706 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by daudioguy
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1441743385773.jpg
    image.jpg
    parking.jpg
    20150731_160744.jpg
    20150731_160739.jpg
    20150731_142312.jpg
    20150731_142309.jpg
    20150731_142301.jpg
    20150731_142259.jpg
    20150802_172036.jpg
    20150802_171321.jpg
    20150802_171201.jpg
    20150802_170900.jpg
    20150802_103425.jpg
    20150802_103134.jpg
    20150801_234045.jpg
    There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 15.
    #351 8 years ago
    Quoted from robotronjohn:

For those machines that appeared to have zero credits, were they older machines or newer DMDs? Reason I am asking is the older machines that cant be set on free play probably have the coin up switch wired to the start button too...

There are at least a half a dozen games that are running out of credits in the practice area (mostly early ss Bally & Gottlieb). I went around maxing out the credits on them as much as I could yesterday. I'll be back at it again today, so if you see a machine with no credits that won't start a game, don't give up hope on getting to play it.

#352 8 years ago

Search for Dead_Flip on Twitch. No game cams but there is commentary. I guess PAPA will stream later today.

#353 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm a noob to twitch. Cannot find the finals stream. Anyone have a link?

Live streaming of the finals start at 5 pm.
    Dead flip is streaming right now on twitch.

#354 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kevlar:

I can't find the streams, are there any?

A finals will be broadcast at 5:30 apparently, but I thought there was going to be a live feed. I'm still looking

#355 8 years ago

Yes, no game cams from Pinburgh till 5-530. What a shame.

#356 8 years ago

Two people I know made A div...nice.

#357 8 years ago

Hi Guys. Just wanted to chime in here and say we're happy with how things are going on the back end of things. While I would love to say we could have the attendance of PAX or MAGFest in our first year, everyone knows that's just not possible for a first year event. Our goal was to build something that would drive more people in the general community to notice pinball, and that kind of thing takes a lot of effort and a lot of time. The best advertising for year #2 is year #1, and we knew that going in. Time will tell whether our approach will be successful, but we're optimistic.

Regarding the photos, anyone can selectively show busy or not busy areas, but the truth is somewhere in the middle of what has been posted. There are slow periods and there are busy periods. That's just the nature of a first year convention. What I can say is that things on our end are successful enough two days in that we're already talking about plans for next year.

In the meantime, if you're in the area, we've got a lot of fun stuff to do, so stop on by if you have time. If you can't make it, drop us a line with some feedback. We're always looking to improve.

#358 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Im sorry... but...
    Why this this place not absolutely cram packed?? Its obviously one of the most well done shows of all time. Why not a record setting crowd to match the machines? I dont get it.

That picture was at like 12:30 am... Was meant to show the floor...

#359 8 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

The best advertising for year #2 is year #1

I agree. Congrats on an amazing year 1.

#360 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

A finals will be broadcast at 5:30 apparently, but I thought there was going to be a live feed. I'm still looking

Does this mean I'm not getting a crazy 10 hour stream

#361 8 years ago

Jack danger (dead_flip) is doing a stream on twitch now.

#362 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

Does this mean I'm not getting a crazy 10 hour stream

I know. I wanted to nerd out all day on twitch, but I guess no go. Maybe next year.

#363 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chet:

Jack danger (dead_flip) is doing a stream on twitch now.

Thanks. Wish it showed better views of the game being played. Good enough though.

#364 8 years ago

Yeah. Why don't they let jack do the commentary and start the PAPA stream. All those camera Riggs just sitting there.

#365 8 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

I played full throttle and found it to be very challenging fast and an incredible shooter; not to mention the most advanced system out there the game doesn't even have switches on it

I agree everything except that its the most advanced system. P3 is way more advanced then heighway.A huge screen playfeild that changes for different modes and way easier to work on and repair as eveything is plug and play or easily removable to move to a work bench. Plus modern redesigned mechs including flippers and slingshots.

#366 8 years ago

There is definitely a lot more energy today with the tournament and other activities. Lots of cos-play characters too. There's no other show with so many games, especially now that there are a couple hundred more machines from the tournament area open. There are plenty of people here. It's just that it's huge with a ton of games. Lots of locals also into the vids.

#367 8 years ago

Update the live standings. All divisions only show round 1 results except for B.

#368 8 years ago

Anyone have the link for the stream of the finals?

#370 8 years ago

It's also the same weekend as GenCon, and there's probably a little bit of overlap there (although gencon is a primarily tabletop/PnP RPG convention)

Also Saturday has a lot more people here than previous days, which makes sense since any locals only interested in doing 1 day will choose Saturday pretty much. We got stormtroopers n shit and Rule 63 Links running around now

#371 8 years ago

Great environment around the "A" Finals, but we need SCOREBOARDS in pinball...

#372 8 years ago
    Quoted from C2CPinball:

I was just thinking that. Have 1 monitor above a bank just showing the player names and point totals

#373 8 years ago
    Quoted from C2CPinball:

I brought that up to the people running the Walter Day Replay World Championships as well, and they put one up starting on Friday.

#374 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rickwh:

Never been to a show like this. Just wanna know if its cool to walk up to someone like bowen (obviously not if he is playing or waiting to play) and introduce yourself. I mean if i see someone i recognize walking to the pisser or standing in line to get pizza.

Quoted from chessiv:

Bowen is a great guy but he's busy as hell running the tourney. If he looks relaxed you'll be fine. If he's busy with things you may want to wait

Yep...Chessiv is spot on. I wanted to say hello to him a couple times, but he was busy. Waited until he had a second to breathe and introduced myself. Great guy. I wouldn't want to talk to him when he's competing (like he was last year in PAPA when I passed on saying hello).

But that's the general rule: If you see Lyman, Keith, Bowen, or any of them and you want to say hello and let them know you look up to them, admire their skills, etc., do it when they're NOT focused on competing. Then, if things don't go well, you know who not to look up to anymore.

If you approach them when they're trying to win a competition, though, it's you who's the douchebag.

#375 8 years ago

I'm home now, but wanted to thank everybody involved for an awesome event. Between this show and Pintastic New England, I'm really pinball'ed out. Those two shows offered everything from both ends of the spectrum, and because I'm completely satisfied with shows for the year, I'm skipping Expo. (The only plus that Expo has over this show is more seminars and a bigger vendor assortment and area.)

So thanks to ReplayFX for saving me money in October! (Plus, I have a feeling I'm buying the one or two "big announcement" machines from Expo...so I'll wait to see them when they're in my house!)

Great to meet all the Pinsiders that I've been offending over the past two years. Thanks for kicking my ass in Pinburgh, although it saved me even more money on an extra night at the hotel.

#376 8 years ago

Stream running late? Or have I messed up the time difference?

#377 8 years ago

I'm sure "amazeballs" will be a term I hear used to describe this show by many. I will be back next year for sure.

#378 8 years ago

Just did a periscope stream of the JJP session from @buffalopinball my phone. Going to try to do the Sharpes later at 9 pm. Here's the link: https://www.periscope.tv/w/aI02eDkyNDEwMjl8NTE4MDU1MDl_U8D-GPMu4wil3r7_ptdQfUUBDTnWNmx9SgeSaO_jCQ==

If that doesn't work for some reason it'll post to our Twitter account when we go live: http://www.twitter.com/buffalopinball

#379 8 years ago

Stream is down Unless they're setting up for finals now instead of the "bonus footage"? Edit: Up again, horray.

#380 8 years ago

There were a lot of people today. Fun seeing stormtroopers and all types of cosplay. Kevin and team deserve massive kudos for this show.

#381 8 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

There were a lot of people today. Fun seeing stormtroopers and all types of cosplay. Kevin and team deserve massive kudos for this show.

Now you're making me glad I left. The costume shit is where I draw the line. Waaaaaay too nerdy for me. Great show, though!

#382 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Now you're making me glad I left. The costume shit is where I draw the line. Waaaaaay too nerdy for me. Great show, though!

Man, you're just a crochety old dude, lol... Got the whole EM Crusade thing going on and complaining about cosplay now?

#383 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

All watching Pinburgh finals.

#384 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Man, you're just a crochety old dude, lol... Got the whole EM Crusade thing going on and complaining about cosplay now?

What EM crusade thing do I have going on? Besides that I think playing them feels like you're playing pinball underwater?

#385 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

like you're playing pinball underwater?

You really got to get down here to TPF where the EM games actually play right...

#386 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You really got to get down here to TPF where the EM games actually play right...

Well, if TPF is anywhere near Houston in the summertime, the games would actually BE underwater.

#387 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

(The only plus that Expo has over this show is more seminars and a bigger vendor assortment and area.)

Don't forget about the Stern factory tour!

My son and I were at ReplayFX today and had a great time. I'm very impressed for it being the 1st year.
    - Soooo many pins and vids to play!!!! Fair amount of EMs to play too.
    - There were people at 9 out of 10 pins, but never had to wait more than 1 game to get on one. Only a handful were down
    - There was a huge section with game consoles set up
    - Got to play Full Throttle... pretty impressed
    - Got to play TH... VERY impressed. Jack has another winner on his hands. I hope it gets on the line soon so #3 can be announced at Expo. Then I'll decide if I go with TH or #3
    - Would liked to have seen more pin related vendors
    - Lots of places to sit and eat/relax including some couches near the game consoles.

#388 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Don't forget about the Stern factory tour!

I did forget. Good catch!

#389 8 years ago

Got to play AMH, FTH, Lexy and Hobbit. (No Lebowski there though, sadly)

They are all fun games in their own right, but IMO, Multimorphic is the only company who is really pushing things to a new level.

P3 has a chance to draw tons of non-pinheads into the hobby. Personally, I think it's a shame that some pinheads are poopooing or flat out ignoring P3.

The machine is a phenominal achievement, way to go Gerry!

#390 8 years ago

Is there an official game count ?

#392 8 years ago

Sorry for being a noob, but what are the full names of P3,MTH, and Lexy? I want to know so I can look for them tomorrow. I'm always late when it comes to the newest and hottest pins.

#393 8 years ago

lexy is lexy lightspeed made by p3. FTH is full throttle by heighway

#394 8 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

They are all fun games in their own right, but IMO, Multimorphic is the only company who is really pushing things to a new level.
    P3 has a chance to draw tons of non-pinheads into the hobby. Personally, I think it's a shame that some pinheads are poopooing or flat out ignoring P3.

People like different things. I don't need more video game aspects in my pin personally. Lexy looks like a pin crossed with a PS2 game. I actually think it could bring in the location players, but it's not my thing. Nor do I buy $10k pins for that matter, no matter how cool they are. Nor do I believe the business model is actually functional for more indie games to be made for the platform after that initial investment. The math just isn't there. You need an install base in the thousands for it to make sense.

Hey, I wish Gerry nothing but luck with it. But it's not for me.

#395 8 years ago

Wow....

Photos look phenomenal....so much space. I love it when there is space between the games - showcases each game. You can properly see the artwork and the whole playfield. And not bumping into people. Plus if you're playing a 2 player game, the other player can easily see whats going on on the pF.

And the lighting looks fantastic - was it darkish the whole time? Because at other events it looks like the lighting of the venue is either all on or all off. But playing pinball with the lights on sucks. The lighting at ReplayFX looks fantastic.

Huge amount of work gone into this....can only grow once word gets out.

#396 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

People like different things. I don't need more video game aspects in my pin personally. Lexy looks like a pin crossed with a PS2 game. I actually think it could bring in the location players, but it's not my thing. Nor do I buy $10k pins for that matter, no matter how cool they are. Nor do I believe the business model is actually functional for more indie games to be made for the platform after that initial investment. The math just isn't there. You need an install base in the thousands for it to make sense.
    Hey, I wish Gerry nothing but luck with it. But it's not for me.

I think a new platform like this is essential to getting younger players who have grown up on consoles into pinball. Looks like a blast to play - whether it is in reality - hopefully ill get a chance one day.

#397 8 years ago

Watching the Kong off 4 is really cool too. I can't imagine even sitting for that long let alone keeping your mental game up to do max out points for each board
    Makes you want to learn to play it, although Berzerk/Frenzy will always be my favourite

#398 8 years ago

A quick review after I spent a couple days at the convention:

-Tons of pins and vids on free play. I was especially impressed with the quality of the pins. Anything that broke seemed to get fixed quickly. This was definitely the highlight of the show. I have personally never seen this many games available in one place before.

-Overall Pinburgh ran smoothly. Even with 650 players, results and banks were posted on time and the schedule was kept.

-It was nice to see the boutique pins. Out of AMH, Full Throttle, and P3, Full Throttle was my personal favorite. I did a joy them all. It was too bad that Big Lebowski was a no-show.

-I was disappointed with the amount of vendors present. There were none of the major parts vendors. I wanted to buy a manual, some flipper rebuild kits, and some pinballs and left empty handed.

-There wasn't much to do outside of the free play area. I already mentioned the lack of vendors. The other conventions I've attended (the National Card Collectors Convention, etc.) Offer numerous other activities to keep people entertained. If you wanted to take a break from playing there wasn't much to do.

-The bands were generic local cover bands. The Zelda string quartet was so far out of tune they hurt my ears. Any musician knows that step one is being in tune. The mixer with a DJ was about six girls dancing together. It was just kind of sad.

Hopefully this helps anyone that wasn't able to attend.

#399 8 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

I think a new platform like this is essential to getting younger players who have grown up on consoles into pinball. Looks like a blast to play - whether it is in reality - hopefully ill get a chance one day.

That's not my experience. I have a ton of young kids over here all the time (both my girls are Girl Scouts and we host a lot) and the kids love playing my pins. Even the EMs. Never once has one of them asked why they weren't more like video games.

I reject this notion that the younger generations can't handle something without a screen, I have no evidence that it's at all true.

Hopefully people bring their kids to shows like this!

#400 8 years ago

Looks like Zach Sharpe just won Pinburg.

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-replayfx-show-thread-pittsburgh-pa-july-30-august-2-2015/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.