Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 706 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by daudioguy
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1441743385773.jpg
    image.jpg
    parking.jpg
    20150731_160744.jpg
    20150731_160739.jpg
    20150731_142312.jpg
    20150731_142309.jpg
    20150731_142301.jpg
    20150731_142259.jpg
    20150802_172036.jpg
    20150802_171321.jpg
    20150802_171201.jpg
    20150802_170900.jpg
    20150802_103425.jpg
    20150802_103134.jpg
    20150801_234045.jpg
    There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.
    #301 8 years ago

The Hobbit is at ReplayFX in the PinballSTAR booth !

Jersey Jack Guarnieri and Wizard of Oz and Hobbit programmer Keith Johnson are here ! ...and Keith brought NEW code AGAIN !!!

Everyone is excited to play the Hobbit we had lines before our booth even opened !

PinballSTAR is selling the Hobbit which will begin production very soon.

Standard $ 8,000
    Limited Edition $ 8,500
    Smaug Gold Special Edition $ 9,000

Contact us for payment plans.

Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    [email protected]
    570-357-0042

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg

image_6.jpgimage_6.jpg

#302 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rickwh:

Im taking my daughter and wife to the One Direction show at Heinz field sunday evening and we are going early to get some Replay time in.
    I cant wait, ive never been to a huge pinball tournament/even like this.
    Given the food discussion above, are there places to eat either at the convention center or along the walk between there and the Heinz field?
    Im thinking about a primanti bros. Or something like that.
    Rick

It's in a downtown area so there are plenty of bars and restaurants.

Be warned, there is very little available late night other than booze, hard to even find a convenience store open after 11. Pretty much McDonalds and 1 or 2 "pizza by the slice" joints stay open late, the bars typically close the kitchens and are drinks only that time of night (from my limited experience of this weekend)

#303 8 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Replay FX, and not the Pinburgh competition on its own has been advertised on the stream of every large pin tournament I have seen for months now, and likely longer. That's not to say that those streams are the only way it should have been advertised, but if you stream tournaments, you have been told about Replay FX. I was talking to a friend yesterday at work about how I really wished I was there. Putting it on my to do list for next year.

If you stream tournaments chances are you were already interested because of Pinburgh.

#304 8 years ago

Here's a shot of the place from above. And I couldn't even fit it all in!1438375731197-907734364.jpg1438375731197-907734364.jpg

#305 8 years ago

Whats the turnout like? (other than Pinburgh), not a lot of bodies in those photos?

Looks incredible though.

#306 8 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Whats the turnout like? (other than Pinburgh), not a lot of bodies in those photos?
    Looks incredible though.

That's a fair assessment so far, but I think most of the non-pinburghers would be more likely to show up on the weekend.

#307 8 years ago

Attendance is good but I think it'll be packed tomorrow. It looks empty because it was taken during the pinburgh dinner break. So about 700 people had left the floor.

#308 8 years ago

Yeah, there are a couple of folks here image.jpgimage.jpg

#309 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#310 8 years ago

(sings) Wish you were here, it's such a beautiful plaaaaace.

I wish I could have went, those pics look awesome, but I'm waiting for Pinball Expo in Chicago. Maybe next year.

#311 8 years ago

Does anybody know if there is going to be a live stream for Pinburgh?

#313 8 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Yeah, there are a couple of folks here

Hope the non pinburgh areas are getting some crowd love. All the pics I see of the other areas have no people in them. The concert bands have no audience. Hope all that improves for Saturday-Sunday.

Heard feedback from a few first time players in Pinburgh and they are having a great time.

#314 8 years ago

getting up at 3.30 am to make the drive 335 miles .....should be a good time tomm

#316 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

No words needed...

image.jpg

Im sorry... but...

Why this this place not absolutely cram packed?? Its obviously one of the most well done shows of all time. Why not a record setting crowd to match the machines? I dont get it.

#317 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Im sorry... but...
    Why this this place not absolutely cram packed?? Its obviously one of the most well done shows of all time. Why not a record setting crowd to match the machines? I dont get it.

Good point... Was this lunch hour? Or when the doors opened?

#318 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Im sorry... but...

My guess: most are there for the tourney, and are burned out after competing all day, resting for the next day.

#319 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

My guess: most are there for the tourney, and are burned out after competing all day, resting for the next day.

You cant build a profitable event of this scale and detail around tournament players... you gotta have the spectators, family's and curious public. With this level of execution and selection I would certainly expect crowd photos similar to California Extreme. This is Friday Night... I really hope the show does well. They've obviously busted their tails to make it great.

#320 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

you gotta have the spectators, family's and curious public.

not every show has to be the same old shit.

Let them do their thing. It is obviously working just fine as it stands.

#321 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

not every show has to be the same old shit.
    Let them do their thing. It is obviously working just fine as it stands.

You dont know that, and neither do I.

"It's obviously working fine" is really a misstatement.

Here is what I do know... in the photos shown... there appears to not even be a single spectator for each 1 machine in the building.

I am not knocking the show... it looks phenomenal (one of the best I have ever seen) I am simply asking "where is everyone" and also hoping that the promoters and organizers dont take a bath on this one. Thats all.

#322 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

You dont know that, and neither do I.
    "It's obviously working fine" is really a misstatement.
    Here is what I do know... in the photos shown... there appears to not even be a single spectator for each 1 machine in the building.
    I am not knocking the show... it looks phenomenal (one of the best I have ever seen) I am simply asking "where is everyone" and also hoping that the promoters and organizers dont take a bath on this one. Thats all.

Pinburgh area was for tournament players and staff only

#323 8 years ago

This is the coolest first year for any show I'be seen. Now, half of the area is for the tourney but the non tourney section is amazing. A huge console area that is very cool. Lots of killer vids and great pins. Plus vendors. Some odd entertainment but cool nonetheless. Should be interesting to see the crowd tomorrow.

#324 8 years ago

Never been to a show like this. Just wanna know if its cool to walk up to someone like bowen (obviously not if he is playing or waiting to play) and introduce yourself. I mean if i see someone i recognize walking to the pisser or standing in line to get pizza.

#325 8 years ago

BangerJay sending me a bathroom selfie from ReplayFx this evening .........LIONMAN!!!!

IMG_41121.jpgIMG_41121.jpg

#326 8 years ago

Rickwh, Bowen isnt playing because he is a Tournament Director but i would say yes its fine.

#327 8 years ago

Local Pittsburgh television station, KDKA, did a news story about the ReplyFX show:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/video/3274901-pinburgh-pinball-enthusiasts-gather-at-convention-center

#328 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

I met Betelgeuse!

Very cool meeting you, Ken!

#329 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rickwh:

Never been to a show like this. Just wanna know if its cool to walk up to someone like bowen (obviously not if he is playing or waiting to play) and introduce yourself. I mean if i see someone i recognize walking to the pisser or standing in line to get pizza.

Seriously? He's a human being....

#330 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_erie:

Seriously? He's a human being....

I hear ya. Just didnt wanna be "that douchy guy" stomping all over some unseen rule. Guess i sounded a little to cautious.

#331 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Im sorry... but...

The date of the show being the end of July/beginning of August may keep attendance down. I know I have too much to do around home and any free time is to relax with my family on the West Michigan shore. Kids go back to college in a few weeks.

Summer is not the best for pinball shows in the Northern part of the Country where we only get 3-4 warm months.

#332 8 years ago

Do it better Jared !

#333 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Im sorry... but...

First year it takes time.

#334 8 years ago

How is everyone liking full throttle @ the show?

#335 8 years ago

I'm liking p3. very well built

#336 8 years ago

If you build it Jared will come........sounds kind of epic.

#337 8 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

How is everyone liking full throttle @ the show?

It's ok. Andrew is here and he is pretty cool to be honest. The game feels nice, but it seems almost too easy. I watched my friend get like 4 different multiballs on his first game.

Show is fantastic, never seen so many pins and vids in one place. Can't even imagine the work that went out to put this together.

#338 8 years ago

For those machines that appeared to have zero credits, were they older machines or newer DMDs? Reason I am asking is the older machines that cant be set on free play probably have the coin up switch wired to the start button too... In the Pinburgh area that's what I noticed... The older SS machines appeared to have a credit or two but when we pressed the start button the games fired up with as many players as we needed (3 or 4) and the credits on the machine never changed. EMs usually have a switch on the credit unit jumped so it always has credits.

Doug, Mark..... Can you verify my theory??

#339 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rickwh:

I hear ya. Just didnt wanna be "that douchy guy" stomping all over some unseen rule. Guess i sounded a little to cautious.

Bowen is a great guy but he's busy as hell running the tourney. If he looks relaxed you'll be fine. If he's busy with things you may want to wait

#340 8 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Do it better Jared !

I couldn't. Their show has details and organization like I've not seen.... The screens next to the machine... The donkey kong contest... The mood lighting and the projected logo on the wall.... The endless ocean of gaming screens and back-glasses. What we are seeing here in these photos is genuinely incredible.

I wish them all the success that they deserve!

I will certainly attend next year to be a part of this effort. I think a lot of people are saying that as they see these photos.

#341 8 years ago

I have been told many times that Replay IS happening again... This year has been a blast.

Crazy Otto/Ms Pac seminar was quite good. Lots of internet misinformation.....

I will be video recording most of the remaining seminars.... stay tuned....

#342 8 years ago

Nick and I are here and very impressed with the spectacle of it all. Feels at least 2x the size of TPF with only 1/4 attendance... if that. No idea why this place isn't packed but it's awesome. Best show I've ever been to all things considered.

Not sure how the financials are adding up but one thing is for sure... we are getting a LOT of fun for the dollar. The place is full of entertainment with DJ's, a Zelda string quartet, cover bands, and they're all good!

#343 8 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Do it better Jared !

I don't read Jared's comments as being critical of anything, other than "Where are the people?" since this show deserves to have a ton of them.

I do think that this show can build on their reputation from this year, now that we've all seen what the show actually is. Hopefully the financials make sense.

#344 8 years ago

I played full throttle and found it to be very challenging fast and an incredible shooter; not to mention the most advanced system out there the game doesn't even have switches on it

#345 8 years ago

I loved Full Throttle! Very fast, very fun.

Soooooo looking forward to being able to play the Pinburg machines today!

#346 8 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

I played full throttle and found it to be very challenging fast and an incredible shooter; not to mention the most advanced system out there the game doesn't even have switches on it

I agree, the game is definitely fast and challenging. Anyone that makes it look easy is either an A player or having one of those lucky games. Plenty to shoot for with shots that are not too hard or easy. My cons are that the toys are not great. I like the idea of the taunting driver but he doesn't seem to interact enough, but maybe it's just because I couldn't hear well in the hall. The little motorcycle is cool but not really involved in gameplay. The spinning wheels work great though.

The only issue I found with the design was that the ball can jump around some in the lower left due to the speed. The return lane there is pretty unique and works well overall. The added screen in the backbox is a must in my opinion and is well done. Doesn't look like an after thought. The lock bar does feel different since it's smooth. They should put some creases in it to give the proper "grip" but this is relatively minor.

He is introducing some great concepts to better design and market pinballs that address many historical issues. Hopefully the community will embrace the improvements over time once they gain some history. I'm thinking of ordering one but admit am a little concerned about long term parts and reliability and would like to see more on Aliens and thier 3rd game first.

#347 8 years ago

I'm a noob to twitch. Cannot find the finals stream. Anyone have a link?

#348 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

You cant build a profitable event of this scale and detail around tournament players... you gotta have the spectators, family's and curious public. With this level of execution and selection I would certainly expect crowd photos similar to California Extreme. This is Friday Night... I really hope the show does well. They've obviously busted their tails to make it great.

The convention center hall is *huge*. I don't think any of the photos really show how large this place is. As a result everything is less crowded because people can spread out more. It's fantastic to have this much space -- you're not always bumping into other people. The tournament area alone has the same amount of pins that CAX has and that's not counting all the pins on the show floor.

#349 8 years ago

I can't find the streams, are there any?

#350 8 years ago

This place has been real busy and a lot of locals have shown up as well.....I think those pics were taken during lunch/dinner break or something like that.
    The games for non tournament players are always getting a lot of play, video games and pinball machines alike.

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-replayfx-show-thread-pittsburgh-pa-july-30-august-2-2015/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.