Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 706 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by daudioguy
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1441743385773.jpg
    image.jpg
    parking.jpg
    20150731_160744.jpg
    20150731_160739.jpg
    20150731_142312.jpg
    20150731_142309.jpg
    20150731_142301.jpg
    20150731_142259.jpg
    20150802_172036.jpg
    20150802_171321.jpg
    20150802_171201.jpg
    20150802_170900.jpg
    20150802_103425.jpg
    20150802_103134.jpg
    20150801_234045.jpg

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.
    #251 8 years ago

Cointaker is running the Stern booth

#252 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Who is setting up and running the sterns booth?

Coin-Taker

#253 8 years ago
    Quoted from mot:

Damn I just realized that parking is going to be expensive.

It's $6.00-7.25 for all day parking in the lots directly across from the Consol Energy Center, but you'll have to walk a few blocks. I'm not sure if the lot is open on weekends, but by then there will be plenty of inexpensive parking downtown.

#254 8 years ago

Saturday......please come faster !!!!!!!!!!

#255 8 years ago

Online presage tickets have closed, but you can buy tickets at the door!

#256 8 years ago

We are gonna arrive late thursday or early friday
    Where we have to go to get our prepaid tickets ?
    Thanks

#257 8 years ago

I'm going!

#258 8 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Online presage tickets have closed, but you can buy tickets at the door!

where do we go if we alrdy bought tickets? and didn't make the westin lobby or pingolf pre-checkins?

#259 8 years ago
    Quoted from DarthXaos:

where do we go if we alrdy bought tickets? and didn't make the westin lobby or pingolf pre-checkins?

To the actual convention hall between 8am and 10am (if you're in pinburg, if not the timeframe doesn't much matter).

#260 8 years ago

Are there any live standings for the non-Pinburgh competitions at Replay?

#261 8 years ago

I didn't read through the whole thread yet. Sry if this is repeated. Will there be a live broadcast starting sometime today?

#262 8 years ago
    Quoted from DayDay:

I didn't read through the whole thread yet. Sry if this is repeated. Will there be a live broadcast starting sometime today?

Pinburgh will only stream on Saturday for the finals.

#263 8 years ago

I found LIONMAN at ReplayFX!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Stupid camera.

#264 8 years ago

Ken were you buzzed when you snapped that upside down picture?

#265 8 years ago

When/will the tournament be streamed? Is there a schedule or link for that?

#266 8 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

When/will the tournament be streamed? Is there a schedule or link for that?

Quoted from jeffpm:

Pinburgh will only stream on Saturday for the finals.

this was mentioned a few posts back.

#267 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

this was mentioned a few posts back.

Doh, got distracted by the upside down comic picture right below it and missed that post completely. That's a bummer though. Was hoping to get a fix today.

#268 8 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Doh, got distracted by the upside down comic picture right below it and missed that post completely. That's a bummer though. Was hoping to get a fix today.

You and me both brother.

#269 8 years ago

If no streaming, did someone say there will be live results of the 5 rounds today?

#271 8 years ago

So Pittsburgers, what is like the "official foods" of Pittsburgh

Like the official foods of Texas are Barbecue and Mexican, New England is lobster, Maryland is crabs, etc.

#272 8 years ago

The official food of Pittsburgh is food. Meat-heavy food. And lots of it. And at a great price.

#273 8 years ago

I would describe the official food of pittsburgh as "not salad." But the one above works too.

#274 8 years ago

You guys need to come here..There are so many pinballs and video games to play It SO HUGE somehow I dont feel its been promoted much more than the tournrament . There hase never been a show like this EVER .Get off your butts and comedown to insure it will happen again..It NOT just for tournrament people Its for EVRYONE kids too.. DOnt miss this world class event

#275 8 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

You guys need to come here..There are so many pinballs and video games to play It SO HUGE somehow I dont feel its been promoted much more than the tournrament . There hase never been a show like this EVER .Get off your butts and comedown to insure it will happen again..It NOT just for tournrament people Its for EVRYONE kids too.. DOnt miss this world class event

I just missed out on being able to go this year (work issues). Next year is a must for my family.

#276 8 years ago

Im taking my daughter and wife to the One Direction show at Heinz field sunday evening and we are going early to get some Replay time in.

I cant wait, ive never been to a huge pinball tournament/even like this.

Given the food discussion above, are there places to eat either at the convention center or along the walk between there and the Heinz field?

Im thinking about a primanti bros. Or something like that.

Rick

#277 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

The official food of Pittsburgh is food. Meat-heavy food.

th.jpegth.jpeg

#278 8 years ago

The Hobbit will be in the PinballSTAR booth TODAY !!!

Interested but not at the show ? Contact us for 'show' pricing. We have LEs AND Smaug Gold SE's available !

Also selling WOZ and MMR ! And don't forget out AMH Raffle - see out other post for details on that, you don't have to be at show to enter !

Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    [email protected]
    570-357-0042

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

#279 8 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

See you tomorrow Mike. Can't wait!!

#280 8 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Mike is right, this show is amazing. If you can make it to the show you should.

#281 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

The official food of Pittsburgh is food. Meat-heavy food. And lots of it. And at a great price.

I used to travel to Pittsburgh alot in the day with my job. Yes, Pittsburgh is a meat and potatoes town, but I always enjoyed a good "steak salad" at some of the downtown restaurants and bars. Good salad with lots of steak and french fries dumped on top...

#282 8 years ago

Primanti Brothers is widely considered the most 'Pittsburgh' food to get while you're here. I highly recommend going to the location in the strip district a few blocks from the show. That one is a cut above the rest. The sandwiches are all pittsburgh style. For that matter, most salads you buy at restaurants around town will be topped with fries too. There are a ton of great places to eat and drink in the blocks around the convention center.

#283 8 years ago

It is killing me to not have some broadcast of the Pinburgh play yesterday and today. I sure miss the past when we got to see 2-3 straight days of broadcast and commentary during the endurance rounds leading up to finals.. Realize with large field of players and number of games involved with the ReplayFX format it is not practical but I am thankful at least to have the A division finals broadcast Saturday.

#284 8 years ago

If ever there was a show worthy of a plane ticket I am thinking that this one is it. Absolutely impressive.

#285 8 years ago

Having a great time! Got kicked out of the Pinburgh area last night (the whole space was empty during what I suppose was dinner break, my friends and I just strolled in) but it was all good, a little misunderstanding. The two friends I'm with haven't played pinball in over a decade and they just can't believe all the games there are to play!

Couple of things I'm hoping get worked out:

- the machines are supposed to be on free play, but I saw a good 20% of them with no credits, and no apparent way to get more on the machine.

- there were quite a few pins & arcade games that were out of order. Hoping that gets resolved soon.

- America's Most Haunted is AWESOME.

- Spy Hunter II is not.

#286 8 years ago

Anyone know who sells sahker motors for the best price at Replay FX..... I've got a buddy down there that can pick one up for me as well wondering if pinbits is there and cliffy?

#287 8 years ago

check with Cointaker on the Shaker Motor, I think they had some killer prices at some of the other shows.

#288 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

check with Cointaker on the Shaker Motor, I think they had some killer prices at some of the other shows.

It's tough to check when I'm 11hrs away from the show Got confirmation Shakers are $99 How about some pinbits protectors for Tron as well as cliffy's? do you guys know if anyone is carrying them?

#289 8 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Replay FX, and not the Pinburgh competition on its own has been advertised on the stream of every large pin tournament I have seen for months now, and likely longer. That's not to say that those streams are the only way it should have been advertised, but if you stream tournaments, you have been told about Replay FX. I was talking to a friend yesterday at work about how I really wished I was there. Putting it on my to do list for next year.

#290 8 years ago

I can't remember what that sandwich is called but I was in Pittsburgh and everyone I was with was talking that thing up. Just talking about how great it is but man I just couldn't get into it.

#291 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Couple of things I'm hoping get worked out:
    - the machines are supposed to be on free play, but I saw a good 20% of them with no credits, and no apparent way to get more on the machine.
    - there were quite a few pins & arcade games that were out of order. Hoping that gets resolved soon.
    - America's Most Haunted is AWESOME.
    - Spy Hunter II is not.

Aww not happy to hear that. I plan to be there tomorrow or sun day.

#292 8 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Aww not happy to hear that. I plan to be there tomorrow or sun day.

it could just be first day glitches - don't let what I said keep you away, it's still a lot of fun!

#293 8 years ago

So does anyone have a rough estimate of how many pins are there? Judging by the photos posted here, it doesn't look to be even close to the amount of machines listed to be in attendance on the Replay site.

#294 8 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

It's tough to check when I'm 11hrs away from the show Got confirmation Shakers are $99 How about some pinbits protectors for Tron as well as cliffy's? do you guys know if anyone is carrying them?

I meant for you to have your buddy check

#295 8 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

So does anyone have a rough estimate of how many pins are there? Judging by the photos posted here, it doesn't look to be even close to the amount of machines listed to be in attendance on the Replay site.

However it may be, it's a feat beyond what I have ever seen. That's a lot of games in the recent pics.

#296 8 years ago

I met Betelgeuse! And Angie!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#297 8 years ago

IMG_20150731_140343.jpgIMG_20150731_140343.jpg
    IMG_20150731_140339.jpgIMG_20150731_140339.jpg
    IMG_20150731_140335.jpgIMG_20150731_140335.jpg
    IMG_20150731_140328.jpgIMG_20150731_140328.jpg

#298 8 years ago
    #299 8 years ago

lol, I'll just flip my laptop over

#300 8 years ago

Okay now it looks like the amount they said they would have!! I guess the pictures I saw were of only one corner of the room or maybe they were taken yesterday when everything wasn't there yet. Are machines still arriving?

Also, Has anyone found where the cheap parking is?

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-replayfx-show-thread-pittsburgh-pa-july-30-august-2-2015/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.