5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 706 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by daudioguy
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 111 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB_IMG_1441743385773.jpg
    image.jpg
    parking.jpg
    20150731_160744.jpg
    20150731_160739.jpg
    20150731_142312.jpg
    20150731_142309.jpg
    20150731_142301.jpg
    20150731_142259.jpg
    20150802_172036.jpg
    20150802_171321.jpg
    20150802_171201.jpg
    20150802_170900.jpg
    20150802_103425.jpg
    20150802_103134.jpg
    20150801_234045.jpg

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.
    #201 4 years ago

Anyone coming into town Tuesday (tonight), shoot me a PM - I'll be hosting some folks for pin tonight and always happy to welcome out of town flippers!

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from karl:

Love the tournament streams from papa but they are almost never announced ahead. This is also true regarding other pinball tournaments.

Yup, especially for qualifying. I realize I'm looking a gift horse square in the mouth, but it's only because I want more people to watch the streams and hear PAPA's consistently great commentary.

#203 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Yup, especially for qualifying. I realize I'm looking a gift horse square in the mouth, but it's only because I want more people to watch the streams and hear PAPA's consistently great commentary.

I don't care if its the best in the world or the worst, as long as the quality is good, and there is commentary, I like watching pinball competitions a lot. So that would be awesome if they did qualifying all the way through finals.

#204 4 years ago
    Quoted from karl:

I would also like to know how much of the tournament is going to get streamed.
    Love the tournament streams from papa but they are almost never announced ahead. This is also true regarding other pinball tournaments.
    I think you would have had even more viewers to the streams if you went on twitter or here a day or two before the stream and announced it. PS! I am just happy that we get streams at all, so this is far from a complaint. Just a suggestion

? The papa circuit events and schedules are known months in advance. sure they should give more pokes... but twitch will do that for you as well by notifying you when they go live.

#205 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

? The papa circuit events and schedules are known months in advance. sure they should give more pokes... but twitch will do that for you as well by notifying you when they go live.

Sorry I don't know what twitch is. Are you saying with that, we should be able to watch some of pinburgh live?

#206 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry I don't know what twitch is. Are you saying with that, we should be able to watch some of pinburgh live?

PAPAtv is on twitch.tv at http://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball - They generally broadcast finals of any PAPA circuit event and other random things. If you sign up for an account on twitch, you can set it to email you any time they go live.

#207 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I assume you're talking about Thursday morning at the show, and I agree. But can we buy passes in person at early check-in on Wednesday, either at the PGH Pinball clubhouse or Westin lobby?
    Basically I'm cheap and trying not to pay the $5.74 fee.

Waiting in queues to buy passes.. and then collect passes == zero fun. Trust me, after spending my first 90mins of Magfest in endless lines... I would have gladly paid a few bucks.

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

PAPAtv is on twitch.tv at http://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball - They generally broadcast finals of any PAPA circuit event and other random things. If you sign up for an account on twitch, you can set it to email you any time they go live.

sweet. I have been just using that pinballvideos website to look at previous event stuff. thanks!

#209 4 years ago

We loaded in today and the show is going to be HUGE !!! Can't describe the size of this show...

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

image_5.jpg

image_6.jpg

image_7.jpg

#210 4 years ago

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

image_5.jpg

image_6.jpg

image_7.jpg

#211 4 years ago

Wow. Hopping on a plane tomorrow. Can't wait.

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Gotta have something to do while Ian is still in the playoffs eh?

thanks hope to see you there to!

#213 4 years ago

Heading out tomorrow been waiting for this event for a over a year can't wait Pinburgh is the best tournament of the year.

#214 4 years ago

I won't even qualify for D division.

#215 4 years ago

Took me a bit to find so I will post:

2. Skill Division Restrictions

The following restrictions are designed to discourage any player from intentionally competing beneath his or her level of skill:

Players who qualified in the A Division of PAPA 14-18, players who made the final four in the A Division of Pinburgh 2011-14 or any PAPA World Championship, players who made the final four in the B Division of Pinburgh 2014 or PAPA 18, players who made the 2014-15 PAPA Circuit Final, and players in the top 50 of the IFPA’s World Pinball Player Rankings (WPPR) as of July 1, 2015 are restricted to A Division.
    Players who qualified in the B Division of PAPA 14-18, players who made the final four in the B Division of Pinburgh 2011-13, players who made the final four in the C Division of Pinburgh 2014 or PAPA 18, players who made the playoffs in the A Division of Pinburgh 2011-14, players who earned 50 or more points in the 2014-15 PAPA Circuit, and players in the top 200 of the IFPA’s World Pinball Player Rankings as of July 1, 2015 are restricted to A and B Division.
    Players who qualified in the C Division of PAPA 14-18, players who qualified in any Classics division of PAPA 14-18, players who made the final four in the D Division of Pinburgh 2014 or PAPA 18, players who made the final four in the C Division of Pinburgh 2011-14, players who made the playoffs in the B Division of Pinburgh 2011-14, players who earned 10 or more points in the 2014-15 PAPA Circuit, and players in the top 500 of the IFPA’s World Pinball Player Rankings as of July 1, 2015 are restricted to A, B, and C Division.

Tournament coordinators reserve the right to modify these restrictions as they deem necessary. Only a player’s highest restriction will apply. In all cases, players will be informed before or during play on Day 1 of any skill division restriction that applies to them, and a list of these restrictions will be made available to all players. Note that, for example, a player with a B Division restriction may still qualify in A Division as a result of strong play on Day 1.

#216 4 years ago

What is the link for live standings?

#218 4 years ago

Tournament also does not start until Thursday AM.

#219 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

The A finals will be broadcast live and later posted to youtube.

#220 4 years ago

Super thanks!

Quoted from ninjadoug:

Tournament also does not start until Thursday AM.

Yes we are leaving in about 20 min from Canada and I wanted to send out the link to our league so they can keep an eye on us

#221 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't care if its the best in the world or the worst, as long as the quality is good, and there is commentary, I like watching pinball competitions a lot. So that would be awesome if they did qualifying all the way through finals.

Due to the scope of Pinburgh (240 games in the competition) and manpower restrictions (all the people who are commentators will be playing), it just isn't possible to do qualifying for Pinburgh at this time.

#222 4 years ago
    Quoted from atariaction:

Super thanks!

Yes we are leaving in about 20 min from Canada and I wanted to send out the link to our league so they can keep an eye on us

No worries. Just didn't want to confuse anyone as to when the competition starts.

#223 4 years ago

Will the finals be live here?

http://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball

#224 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Due to the scope of Pinburgh (240 games in the competition) and manpower restrictions (all the people who are commentators will be playing), it just isn't possible to do qualifying for Pinburgh at this time.

Yeah I figured. No worries. So I can watch the finals live on twitch then? On the papatvpinball channel?

#225 4 years ago

Please keep the photos coming!!!

#226 4 years ago
    Quoted from atariaction:

Took me a bit to find so I will post:
    2. Skill Division Restrictions
    The following restrictions are designed to discourage any player from intentionally competing beneath his or her level of skill:
    Players who qualified in the A Division of PAPA 14-18, players who made the final four in the A Division of Pinburgh 2011-14 or any PAPA World Championship, players who made the final four in the B Division of Pinburgh 2014 or PAPA 18, players who made the 2014-15 PAPA Circuit Final, and players in the top 50 of the IFPA’s World Pinball Player Rankings (WPPR) as of July 1, 2015 are restricted to A Division.
    Players who qualified in the B Division of PAPA 14-18, players who made the final four in the B Division of Pinburgh 2011-13, players who made the final four in the C Division of Pinburgh 2014 or PAPA 18, players who made the playoffs in the A Division of Pinburgh 2011-14, players who earned 50 or more points in the 2014-15 PAPA Circuit, and players in the top 200 of the IFPA’s World Pinball Player Rankings as of July 1, 2015 are restricted to A and B Division.
    Players who qualified in the C Division of PAPA 14-18, players who qualified in any Classics division of PAPA 14-18, players who made the final four in the D Division of Pinburgh 2014 or PAPA 18, players who made the final four in the C Division of Pinburgh 2011-14, players who made the playoffs in the B Division of Pinburgh 2011-14, players who earned 10 or more points in the 2014-15 PAPA Circuit, and players in the top 500 of the IFPA’s World Pinball Player Rankings as of July 1, 2015 are restricted to A, B, and C Division.
    Tournament coordinators reserve the right to modify these restrictions as they deem necessary. Only a player’s highest restriction will apply. In all cases, players will be informed before or during play on Day 1 of any skill division restriction that applies to them, and a list of these restrictions will be made available to all players. Note that, for example, a player with a B Division restriction may still qualify in A Division as a result of strong play on Day 1.

Ugh! Is there a K or L Division?

#227 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Please keep the photos coming!!!

It's not going to be the same without you, Jared...

#228 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I figured. No worries. So I can watch the finals live on twitch then? On the papatvpinball channel?

Yes!

#229 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Ugh! Is there a K or L Division?

I'm in Z, so there's gotta be.

#230 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

lol twitch notifications that often show up in your email an hour late

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's not going to be the same without you, Jared...

I gotta pick my battles! I will be back for Chicago Expo... new and improved!

#232 4 years ago

Looking forward to meeting some Pinsiders (especially local ones) at the Meet & Greet Saturday @ 11am. Looks like room 323. Beaver county will be represented!

#233 4 years ago

Went to buy tickets for Replayfx just now, but there is now way to do so now. Did they close the purchase tickets link? Guess I'll have to wait in line the morning of. What time do tickets go on sale there?

#234 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Looking forward to meeting some Pinsiders (especially local ones) at the Meet & Greet Saturday @ 11am. Looks like room 323. Beaver county will be represented!

He said "Beaver."

#235 4 years ago
    Quoted from Euchrid:

Went to buy tickets for Replayfx just now, but there is now way to do so now. Did they close the purchase tickets link? Guess I'll have to wait in line the morning of. What time do tickets go on sale there?

Ditto. This means now I'll have to show up earlier than expected.

#237 4 years ago

I'll be tweeting with photos from the event here: http://www.twitter.com/buffalopinball

#238 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Tom Graf said he would commentate for the qualifying rounds. God knows he hasn't shutup in the first 4 hours of the road trip.

#239 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Tom Graf said he would commentate for the qualifying rounds. God knows he hasn't shutup in the first 4 hours of the road trip.

Son of a B****

#240 4 years ago

Hey Jared, when you use my pic from Twitter for the Stern FB page a photo credit would be nice.

#241 4 years ago

MORE PICS !!!!! Can't wait until Saturday, unfortunately that's when I can get there

#242 4 years ago

Damn I just realized that parking is going to be expensive.

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Players are also reminded they will need to purchase their Daily, Full-event, or VIP passes to go along with their Pinburgh reservations prior to July 30, 2015 in order to be allowed to participate.

Wait what. I don't have a fully event pass yet. I went to buy one today, but couldn't!

#244 4 years ago
    Quoted from mot:

Damn I just realized that parking is going to be expensive.

$22/day at the Westin ramp. Ouch.

#245 4 years ago

Why not park right at the convention center? I think it's like $10 when we go to the car show each year.

#246 4 years ago

It's cheaper to park at the Greyhound bus station one block down. Most general public parking lots range from 13-16 a day and 5-6 on the weekends. Hotel parking lots are going to run 20-25 a day. Here is a cheat sheet from the Anthrocon convention that comes to town each year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C_3OXAGIq9sHmyD5XuGSbwTcS44IVy8MIYN5fZ1SyOc/

#247 4 years ago

Replay1.jpg
    Replay2.jpg

Replay3.jpg

#248 4 years ago
    Quoted from mot:

Wait what. I don't have a fully event pass yet. I went to buy one today, but couldn't!

Same boat.

#249 4 years ago

Would like photos of the STERN booth near the Cointaker Booth. If someone can help, thanks!

#250 4 years ago

Who is setting up and running the sterns booth?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    £ 12.00
    $ 29.25
    The MOD Couple
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 34.94
    Playfield - Plastics
    Plastic 9 for Pin-Bot Out of stock
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 74.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 35.95
    Playfield - Other
    MicksPinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 9,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside