Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 706 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by daudioguy
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1441743385773.jpg
    image.jpg
    parking.jpg
    20150731_160744.jpg
    20150731_160739.jpg
    20150731_142312.jpg
    20150731_142309.jpg
    20150731_142301.jpg
    20150731_142259.jpg
    20150802_172036.jpg
    20150802_171321.jpg
    20150802_171201.jpg
    20150802_170900.jpg
    20150802_103425.jpg
    20150802_103134.jpg
    20150801_234045.jpg
    There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.
    #151 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Is their a vendor list?

See post #116.

#153 8 years ago

I would recommend buying in advance as I expect the will call line will be way shorter than the people that need to buy in person.

#154 8 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

I would recommend buying in advance as I expect the will call line will be way shorter than the people that need to buy in person.

I assume you're talking about Thursday morning at the show, and I agree. But can we buy passes in person at early check-in on Wednesday, either at the PGH Pinball clubhouse or Westin lobby?

Basically I'm cheap and trying not to pay the $5.74 fee.

#155 8 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I assume you're talking about Thursday morning at the show, and I agree. But can we buy passes in person at early check-in on Wednesday, either at the PGH Pinball clubhouse or Westin lobby?
    Basically I'm cheap and trying not to pay the $5.74 fee.

Yes. Passes will be available for purchase during the times posted at both sites.

#156 8 years ago

Looks like the Pinburgh rules have now been updated for 2015. You can find them here....

http://papa.org/papa-tournaments/official-rules/pinburgh-rules/

#157 8 years ago

Banks, banks, banks??

Do I sound over eager?? LOL

#158 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

Banks, banks, banks??
    Do I sound over eager?? LOL

"A list of games that will be used at Pinburgh will be made available online on the PAPA website."

Well, there ya go.

#159 8 years ago

I don't mean to be a bother, but is the website going to have an updated list of games before next week? For example, the pinball list seems to cut off after "S".

#160 8 years ago

Not for me. I can see all the way to Zig Zag WMS 1964.

http://replayfx.org/arcade/list-of-games/pinball-machines/

#161 8 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Not for me. I can see all the way to Zig Zag WMS 1964.
    http://replayfx.org/arcade/list-of-games/pinball-machines/

Oh, I just realized that turning my iPad vertically shows all the machines.

#162 8 years ago

Anybody have a link for the qualifying rounds?

#163 8 years ago

My bad, I thought it was going on right now.

#164 8 years ago

Don't scare me like that!

#166 8 years ago

Can we buy daily passes at the door, and will they be the same price? (listed at $29.99 on the site)

#169 8 years ago

Mr. Polka, do you think the banks might get posted this weekend? I feel like I've got some studying to do.

#170 8 years ago

My friends and I are going crazy as to why we're not getting the answers on the Intergalatic Communication correct. One of my friends got ZERO answers correct on the last transmission, and he's the biggest Final Fantasy fan ever, so he is just beside himself with anger.

Which I think is hilarious, and when I beat him all weekend long in various games of all types, he will probably go insane, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is such a huge weekend for me, yawl. I'm flying in from San Diego, to meet dudes I've been friends with online for years but have never met, renting an AirBNB loft a mile away from the convention center... This has the makings of one excellent trip! (or a high-tech Deliverance reeenactment)

#171 8 years ago

The last one was the only one I couldn't get 100% on. Seems like they're getting REALLY difficult. Haven't opened today's yet...

#172 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thanks - cash only at the door?

We will be taking credit at the door as well as cash.

#173 8 years ago

Pinburgh groups!

As always, all games and groups subject to change.Pinburgh 2015 Groupings.pdfPinburgh 2015 Groupings.pdf

#174 8 years ago

There are also a few Pinburgh spots still open due to cancellations, so if you want to jump into the tournament grab one now!

#175 8 years ago

I'm still accepting bribes as I left the dates open.

#177 8 years ago

How does this work (the banks).

Is that division a/b/c/d left to right? Or will all players end up dipping into all 4 banks?

#178 8 years ago

The only question here is: Which bank will it take longer for The Boob to be eliminated from?

Bring your trophy, Levi, and show 'em who's boss!

#179 8 years ago

Since the trophy goes everywhere I go, that's a given.

But I am pretty unfamiliar with maybe half the games on that list. But I've got an Argosy in my apartment!

#180 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How does this work (the banks).
    Is that division a/b/c/d left to right? Or will all players end up dipping into all 4 banks?

Each group of four players (typically, might be less in some cases) will play all four machines in the assigned bank for their round.

So in each round, you will play an EM, an early SS, a late SS/early DMD, and a modern DMD.

#181 8 years ago
    Quoted from neurokinetik:

Each group of four (typically, might be less in some cases) players will play all four machines in the assigned bank for their round.

Ok. So my group could end up playing Avengers, Aquarius, Addams Family, and Haunted House.

Any idea how many different banks we'll end up playing a day?

#182 8 years ago

You play a different bank for each round. So five on Thursday, and five on Friday. If you make the finals, then you'll be playing in those rounds as well on Saturday.

You'll be playing a minimum of 40 games in Pinburgh.

#183 8 years ago

3 groups per bank this year.

#184 8 years ago

2 questions after reading http://papa.org/papa-tournaments/official-rules/pinburgh-rules/

"...players in the top 500 of the IFPA’s World Pinball Player Rankings as of July 1, 2015 are restricted to A, B, and C Division."
    Anybody have a guestimation on how many of these players are attending? Lets say 250 or so? So 250 out of the ~525 spots in A/B/C already spoken for? Dang!

"During each session, all players will be assigned to a group. A set of four games...... Sessions are scheduled for 2 hours and 15 minutes"
    We have 2 hours and 15 minutes to play 3, four player games? Dang thats quite a wait if your group goes quicker than some others. I believe I remember there being mention of a cash bar...............

#185 8 years ago
    Quoted from funtimewithdave:

2 questions after reading http://papa.org/papa-tournaments/official-rules/pinburgh-rules/
    "...players in the top 500 of the IFPA’s World Pinball Player Rankings as of July 1, 2015 are restricted to A, B, and C Division."
    Anybody have a guestimation on how many of these players are attending? Lets say 250 or so? So 250 out of the ~525 spots in A/B/C already spoken for? Dang!
    "During each session, all players will be assigned to a group. A set of four games...... Sessions are scheduled for 2 hours and 15 minutes"
    We have 2 hours and 15 minutes to play 3, four player games? Dang thats quite a wait if your group goes quicker than some others. I believe I remember there being mention of a cash bar...............

you could end up with more than 175 players in each group if people are restricted. If the 250 all failed to qualify outright for A B or C divisions they would all still be placed in those divisions.

Last year the allotted time was 2 hrs and there were some groups that went longer which is why the time was extended. There will be plenty to do IMO between rounds so not too worried about the wait, it goes a lot quicker than you can imagine.

#186 8 years ago

So has anybody started a google doc with crib notes on where the points are on all these things (especially the old stuff)?

#187 8 years ago
    Quoted from funtimewithdave:

It's four 4 player games. 3 groups of players will be assigned to the 4 games. You cannot skip games, you must play them in order. If one group goes long, the other groups must wait for them to finish. This format will wear you out, so you will come to appreciate any down time between rounds!

#188 8 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

This format will wear you out, so you will come to appreciate any down time between rounds!

Use downtime wisely is the best tip for Pinburgh. Rest your feet, get something to eat, refresh yourself for the next round. Your body will thank you for it.

#189 8 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Last year the allotted time was 2 hrs and there were some groups that went longer which is why the time was extended. There will be plenty to do IMO between rounds so not too worried about the wait, it goes a lot quicker than you can imagine.

Yes i see now, 4, four player games per 2 hour 15 minute block = ~34 minutes for each 4 player game. I can see how some games could go that far, especially with malfunction or a ruling needed

Quoted from GravitaR:

Use downtime wisely is the best tip for Pinburgh. Rest your feet, get something to eat, refresh yourself for the next round. Your body will thank you for it.

Thanks Grav. Sometimes easy to forget, when you are in the zone, that this is a 20 hour tournament, even before finals!
    Good practice for a 24 hours tournament i will be competing in outside of Hartford, CT in October

#190 8 years ago

In conjunction with our booth at ReplayFX : the PinballSTAR AMH RAFFLE # 2 IS NOW OPEN !!!!!

We had such a great response to the AMH raffle we did at Allentown Pinfest in May we are doing it again in conjunction with this week's ReplayFX show in Pittsburgh. http://www.ReplayFX.org

We have donated 2 NIB WOZ's so far : one to St. Christopher's Children's Hospital in Philadephia in Dec 2013 and one to the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh in August 2014. This week at ReplayFx we are donating another NIB WOZ to Dan at Project Pinball for his organization to donate to another children's hospital. Why ? Dan and I have become friends given our common objective to place pinball machines in children's hospitals and Dan has a number of hospitals waiting on donations so we wanted to assist his fine organization and partner with him on this donation (and maybe future ones). These raffles directly result in pinball machines being bought and donated for the kids ! The AMH raffle at Allentown in may helped pay for a portion of this machine we are donating to Project Pinball this week. The rest we will be raising through this current raffle at ReplayFX. We hope to have Mark Steinman, ReplayFX Show Director draw the winner for us at the show !

America's Most Haunted - YES we opened another new one up and it will be able to be played at the show... We are running a raffle on this game - one of the LAST ones available after they sold out of the limited run of 150. $ 100 per raffle ticket / and we bumped it up to 125 tickets total being sold. Hopefully we can sell out before the show is over... All proceeds over cost go to the PinballSTAR Children's Hospital Charity. Charlie from Spooky and I came up with this as a great way to let one of the last available games that I bought long ago go towards a good cause. We will be selling entries in our booth at the show, but you don't have to be at the show to buy a ticket - just paypal AS A GIFT (so no fees) to [email protected]. Come on Pinside - let's get these 100 tickets sold before the end of ReplayFX so we can draw the winner there at the show and let someone maybe walk away with it. If not sold out, we will sell until they are gone. Winner will be responsible for shipping is all. The game raffled is the one we will have set up for play at the show. No limit to number of tickets you can buy - side note : the winner of the game at Allentown Pinfest bought 2 tickets - doubling his chances !

Win an AMH for $ 100 !!! Send $ 100 via paypal AS A GIFT (no fees or it will be rejected) to [email protected]... That's all you need to do. Since we are at the show we will not be sending separate email confirmations - but once you get your Paypal confirmation email - rest assured, you are in ! We will also be selling tickets in our booth at the show !

AMH is SOLD OUT - all 150 made will surely be collector's items !

Pinball News story about our first donation :
    http://www.pinballnews.com/news/wozdonation.html

Facebook post from Project Pinball today about our WOZ donation to them :
    https://www.facebook.com/ProjectPinball/posts/715650855206999

Raffle post from Allentown Pinfest :
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-americas-most-haunted-charity-raffle

PinballSTAR Allentown Pinfest booth post - with Raffle comments as well :
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-allentown-booth-hobbit-mmr-amh

Oh, and of course come see us at our booth at ReplayFX. We will have AMH, WOZ Standard, WOZ 75th, The Hobbit, Medieval Madness Remake. We are authorized distributors for JJP, Spooky, PPS, and Virtuapin !

Also selling at the show from our personal collection : Earthshaker Prototype, restored Gottlieb Grand Slam, Gottlieb Minstrel Man project, restored Rockola World Series (1935), Chicago Coin Goalee hockey arcade game (1950's), (2) Linked Off Road Thunder Driving games, restored 1940 Wurlitzer 1250 Jukebox, restored English Pelham Marionette Puppet Show arcade piece (1960's)... We always have the biggest booth with the most NEW games and best VARIETY of old / interesting games we bring to share with everyone... If interested in any please email us !

Many thanks for everyone's support and kind words when we do these raffles and donations !

Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    [email protected]
    570-357-0042

#191 8 years ago

Will pinburgh be live streamed that I can watch from home?

#192 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would expect the A division finals to be on PAPAtv - not sure about qualifying.

#193 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would also like to know how much of the tournament is going to get streamed.

Love the tournament streams from papa but they are almost never announced ahead. This is also true regarding other pinball tournaments.

I think you would have had even more viewers to the streams if you went on twitter or here a day or two before the stream and announced it. PS! I am just happy that we get streams at all, so this is far from a complaint. Just a suggestion

#194 8 years ago

You know what one of the best things about this show is? I don't have to schlep around my leftover PAPA tokens from last year!

#195 8 years ago

Just checked in to my flight - EXCITEMENT INTENSIFIES

#196 8 years ago

Where is the info for the Wednesday pingolf turny I heard about?

#197 8 years ago

Would love to see a time lapse video of all those Pinburgh machines coming in and being set up.

That move/set-up must be quite challenging!

#198 8 years ago
    Quoted from Shenanigander:

Where is the info for the Wednesday pingolf turny I heard about?

https://www.facebook.com/events/591301217640314/

#200 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tigger64:

That move/set-up must be quite challenging!

Part of me still expects to show up to a huge empty room, and all of the organizers saying "Did you really expect us to move all those machines!?!?"

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-replayfx-show-thread-pittsburgh-pa-july-30-august-2-2015/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.