Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 706 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by daudioguy
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1441743385773.jpg
    image.jpg
    parking.jpg
    20150731_160744.jpg
    20150731_160739.jpg
    20150731_142312.jpg
    20150731_142309.jpg
    20150731_142301.jpg
    20150731_142259.jpg
    20150802_172036.jpg
    20150802_171321.jpg
    20150802_171201.jpg
    20150802_170900.jpg
    20150802_103425.jpg
    20150802_103134.jpg
    20150801_234045.jpg
    There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.
    #51 8 years ago

Also, special thanks to Stern Pinball for sending a full shipment of translites as raffle prizes! More information on that coming soon.

#52 8 years ago

If you are looking to get into Pinburgh, now is a good time to get on the waiting list. The waiting list is very low right now and if you sign up now there is an excellent chance you will get to play in the largest match-play tournament ever!

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/replayfx-arcade-gaming-festival-tickets-13937167443?ref=ebtn

#53 8 years ago

It’s been six long months, but we’ve finally made our way through the entire Pinburgh waitlist. All players who have previously signed up for the Pinburgh waitlist should have received an invite. If you did not receive your invite, please get in touch with us and we will work out details. If you have not signed up for the waitlist but are interested in participating in Pinburgh, now is the time to sign up. All last-chance availability that has arisen recently due to cancellations or that occurs between now and July 30 will be handled first-come-first-served.

If you have reserved a spot in Pinburgh, we also want to remind you to pick up your general ReplayFX pass prior to July 30. Both are required to participate in the tournament.

Finally, we would like to announce we’ve had a very generous donation by pinball Godfather, Mike Pacak! Thanks to Mike’s generous contribution to ReplayFX, we will be drawing raffle-prizes each round specifically for Pinburgh players IN ADDITION to the regular event raffles. More details coming soon, but if you bump into Mike, be sure to thank him for his generosity!

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

If you have reserved a spot in Pinburgh, we also want to remind you to pick up your general ReplayFX pass prior to July 30. Both are required to participate in the tournament.

Funny, I sent an email out to our group reminding of them of this just this very evening.

Getting very, very excited!

#55 8 years ago

Preview of the Pinburgh 2015 logo.pinburgh.jpgpinburgh.jpg

#56 8 years ago

Do you think you have what it takes to be The Wold Champion of Classic Arcade Games? Then come to ReplayFX and enter Walter Day's Replay World Championship to test your skills! The winner receives $2000, an amazing championship belt, and bragging rights for years to come! For more information, visit http://replayfx.org/competitions/rwc/

Walter Day.jpgWalter Day.jpg

#57 8 years ago

I'm registered for Pinburgh but also want to participate in this ^^^... however times seem to overlap. Do you think this will be possible?

#58 8 years ago

You could bust out some entries in between rounds, or better, during the dinner break. That's what I hope to do.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You could bust out some entries in between rounds, or better, during the dinner break. That's what I hope to do.

With 3 groups on each bank, I think there will generally be a lot less time between rounds than in the past.

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from mwiz:

I'm registered for Pinburgh but also want to participate in this ^^^... however times seem to overlap. Do you think this will be possible?

Looks like your best time for video game qualifying would be like 10pm-midnight on Thursday and Friday or during the day on Saturday if you're not in Pinburgh playoffs.

I'm hoping to be busy with Pinburgh playoffs on Saturday, but if I'm not, I'll be entering the blindfolded team Donkey Kong competition!

1 week later
    #61 8 years ago

What are the best options for parking near the show?

#62 8 years ago

There is a 700 car garage at the convention center for parking.

Check out this map ( http://www.pittsburghcc.com/map.php ) for some other places nearby.

#63 8 years ago

Thanks to the great Chris Compton (best pinball player in Ga. IMO) for alerting me on this, as I have heard this is THE tourney you need to play. I heard; I surfed; I signed and paid and now - I'm in baby!

Now to follow everyone's mantra - "Play better."

Oh well, at least I'll be there!

#64 8 years ago

I Have a question. Will tickets be available at the door for general admission? I ask because I will not know until the last second if I am able to attend.

#65 8 years ago

I asked that question. I was told that a sell out was not expected but anything could happen. I would buy them online right when you knew you were going, even if it was the night before.....

Quoted from sohchx:

I Have a question. Will tickets be available at the door for general admission? I ask because I will not know until the last second if I am able to attend.

#66 8 years ago

What about games for sale... I have never been to the show, do people bring games to sell? Any idea about a forum telling what people may want to sell?

#67 8 years ago

Any other hints for the banks? And/or will they be released some other way before the show?

C'mon Ninjadoug - I've seen two banks, need more!

#68 8 years ago

Can someone PM me the "set up" schedule for vendors. I can't find any info about it looking through months of old emails.

#69 8 years ago

Quote Barney from TSPP, "NEED MORE BANKS".

#70 8 years ago

Any updates to the Pinburgh2015 rules coming out soon? On the PAPA website everything still refers to the 2014 rules. I'm particularly interested in Division restrictions, schedule, finals format(like, how many players get byes with 40 from each division advancing)? I know you guys are busting your butts behind the scenes. I'm just jonesing for info.

#71 8 years ago

Or as they say in Monopoly - "Break the baaannnkkk."

Need bank(s)....

#72 8 years ago

Any tips on cheap flights? I'm doing an Airbnb for hotel. Just got approved for the vacation time at work.

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

Any other hints for the banks? And/or will they be released some other way before the show?
    C'mon Ninjadoug - I've seen two banks, need more!

Banks coming soon. We just got in some new games (to us) that need to be worked into the banks!

#74 8 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Can someone PM me the "set up" schedule for vendors. I can't find any info about it looking through months of old emails.

Shoot an email to [email protected] and Jon can send you the information you need or answer all of your questions.

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from robgest:

What about games for sale... I have never been to the show, do people bring games to sell? Any idea about a forum telling what people may want to sell?

This is a great question. I would like to know too.
    I did not see any other info on pinside. If anybody has any info please help
    Thanks

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinfanatic:

This is a great question. I would like to know too.
    I did not see any other info on pinside. If anybody has any info please help
    Thanks

I know I'll have a few games of my own there to sell.

Anyone bringing games can check out the details on bringing a game here: http://replayfx.org/bring-a-game/ and fill out the form to let us know what you are bringing to the show.

#77 8 years ago

Any list of vendors yet? I'm travelling from the UK and would love to be able to organise collecting some parts (such as a BSD motor/gearbox) from available vendors before I head back.

#78 8 years ago

I am so goddamned excited about ReplayFX that I could rip someone's arms off!

#79 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wizcat:

Any list of vendors yet? I'm travelling from the UK and would love to be able to organise collecting some parts (such as a BSD motor/gearbox) from available vendors before I head back.

I'll talk to Jon and see if I can get a complete list off of him.

#80 8 years ago

Ok, I have set up times now.

I have a question: If I bring a Metallica and place it in my Vendor booth, can I set up a tournament on it? Or, does it have to be on "free play"?

#81 8 years ago

All machines on the floor have to be set to free play. But that doesn't mean you can't run a tournament on it!

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Let me guess... top bank is AAAHH?

Quoted from ninjadoug:

Unintentional, but funny

I intended it be AAAHH when I named my bank AAAHH! I forget what year that was but, PAPA let all of the players pick the games and then come up with a name for the bank in a crazy open google spreadsheet doc. I forget what I had in my original on but, the first three were games beginning with A and the last Haunted House.

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

I am so goddamned excited about ReplayFX that I could rip someone's arms off!

Flight booked! I'm spending the whole week out there and making it a mini vacation. I've been to Pittsburgh several times but never really explored it. It's Carnegie town, so I'm going hit some museums and local events. If anyone has advice on the best museums to hit or other sites to see, let me know!

#84 8 years ago

Silverball Country Club here I come......

and replayfx of course haha

#85 8 years ago
    Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

I intended it be AAAHH when I named my bank AAAHH! I forget what year that was but, PAPA let all of the players pick the games and then come up with a name for the bank in a crazy open google spreadsheet doc. I forget what I had in my original on but, the first three were games beginning with A and the last Haunted House.

I remember that, I was hoping they'd do it again

#86 8 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

It's Carnegie town, so I'm going hit some museums and local events. If anyone has advice on the best museums to hit or other sites to see, let me know!

The Natural History Museum is a must visit. The collection of gems and minerals is incredible. They do 2 for 1 admission with the art museum and they're attached so you may as well hit both of them. About a 20 min drive from the convention center.

Definitely check out the Warhol museum if you're a fan of his work. Also, The Mattress Factory is another great contemporary museum focusing on room-sized installation pieces. Those two are downtown, so pretty close to the convention center.

#87 8 years ago

alright I have a possibly dumb question. are there machines for sale at this event? my main objective for going to events is to buy stuff

#88 8 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

alright I have a possibly dumb question. are there machines for sale at this event? my main objective for going to events is to buy stuff

It's definitely not the focus of the show, so there may not be much. I've taken games to shows to sell, but with Pinburgh and so much other stuff going on, I won't be taking any games to ReplayFX. I would guess that there are many others like me.

#89 8 years ago
    Quoted from mot:

It's definitely not the focus of the show, so there may not be much. I've taken games to shows to sell, but with Pinburgh and so much other stuff going on, I won't be taking any games to ReplayFX. I would guess that there are many others like me.

bummer. thanks for the reply you just saved me a shitload of money and time

#90 8 years ago

Any chance of a Killer Queen being at ReplayFX????

http://killerqueenarcade.com

#91 8 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

The Natural History Museum is a must visit. The collection of gems and minerals is incredible. They do 2 for 1 admission with the art museum and they're attached so you may as well hit both of them. About a 20 min drive from the convention center.
    Definitely check out the Warhol museum if you're a fan of his work. Also, The Mattress Factory is another great contemporary museum focusing on room-sized installation pieces. Those two are downtown, so pretty close to the convention center.

Thanks for the tip. History and Art are definitely my thing so those two will eat a day for sure. I'm staying downtown in an Airbnb about 15 minutes walk south of the convention center. How's the public transportation downtown? Are there options like Uber? If not, how frequent are cabs?

Are there any pre-Pinburgh tourneys lined up? Checked the replayfx site and didn't see anything.

#92 8 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Thanks for the tip. History and Art are definitely my thing so those two will eat a day for sure. I'm staying downtown in an Airbnb about 15 minutes walk south of the convention center. How's the public transportation downtown? Are there options like Uber? If not, how frequent are cabs?
    Are there any pre-Pinburgh tourneys lined up? Checked the replayfx site and didn't see anything.

Uber is an option. You'll usually have to call for a cab. There is also the subway (free downtown) and numerous bus routes.

There is one pre-pinburgh tournament listed on the IFPA webpage. Details (although not much at this point) here: https://www.facebook.com/events/591301217640314/

#93 8 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

It's not that kind of show.

#94 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not that kind of show.

Well, there will be games for sale at the show. I know I'm bringing at least 4 and I know of some locals bringing games to sell.

PAPA is supplying 700+ arcade and pinball games for play at the show (not for sale) but there will be folks bringing machines in for sale.

If you would like to bring a game for sale, fill out the form on the ReplayFX web site.

#95 8 years ago

Check out the ReplayFX VIP bags! Time to fill them up with some great swag!11537809_844148822333384_4194873240318555076_n.jpg11537809_844148822333384_4194873240318555076_n.jpg

#96 8 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Well, there will be games for sale at the show. I know I'm bringing at least 4 and I know of some locals bringing games to sell.
    PAPA is supplying 700+ arcade and pinball games for play at the show (not for sale) but there will be folks bringing machines in for sale.
    If you would like to bring a game for sale, fill out the form on the ReplayFX web site.

would be cool to strike a deal or 3 first rather than going there hoping to get lucky. is there a for sale thread. maybe I should check out CL pittsburgh?

#97 8 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

What are you bringing?

#98 8 years ago

Judging by Doug's Pinside name, two of them are surely TMNT and SoF!

#99 8 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

would be cool to strike a deal or 3 first rather than going there hoping to get lucky. is there a for sale thread. maybe I should check out CL pittsburgh?

If you start a ReplayFX 2015 for sale thread I'll subscribe...

#100 8 years ago

So, let me see if I understand the Pinburgh schedule correctly.

Thursday we all play to determine what division we will be in.
    Friday we play in our respective divisions to establish who goes on to the playoffs (finals). Top 40 advance?
    Saturday is the finals, if you made it. Otherwise, you are pretty much done on Friday night.

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-replayfx-show-thread-pittsburgh-pa-july-30-august-2-2015/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.