Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 316 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by dannunz
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0629 (resized).jpeg
    2023_Pintastic_010_Old.Chicago-Bally-1976 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20230908_165558.jpg
    20230909_150257 (resized).jpg
    20230910105524198 (resized).jpg
    20230909_202638.gif
    20230909180620828.jpg
    20230909163154338.jpg
    20230909162439416.jpg
    20230909162348999.jpg
    20230909162515797.jpg
    20230909162530388.jpg
    20230909162753462.jpg
    20230909162842487.jpg
    20230909163026556.jpg
    There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
    #51 1 year ago

Pintastic was notably absent from the TWIPY awards. I didn’t vote that category because as of now, I’ve never been to a different show. Apparently, there is a nomination process by which the show gets “prevoted” on to the nominees list in November. Only the top 10 are put on the list. I’m disappointed as I think Pintastic is a great show. I’ve been to every one. Maybe next year we could announce on the annual Pintastic thread so people have an opportunity to prevote? Maybe you don’t care about the TWPYs, but it would be nice to acknowledge what a great show we think it is. That is all.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Pintastic was notably absent from the TWIPY awards. I didn’t vote that category because as of now, I’ve never been to a different show. Apparently, there is a nomination process by which the show gets “prevoted” on to the nominees list in November. Only the top 10 are put on the list. I’m disappointed as I think Pintastic is a great show. I’ve been to every one. Maybe next year we could announce on the annual Pintastic thread so people have an opportunity to prevote? Maybe you don’t care about the TWPYs, but it would be nice to acknowledge what a great show we think it is. That is all.

Agreed. I also was surprised not to see Pintastic on the list. Didn't know why. Thanks for the info.

#54 1 year ago

I emailed them when I didn’t see it on the list. They responded pretty quick.

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

We were on the list last year because I posted on the Pintastic Facebook to please consider us for Best Pinball Convention. But I feel the voting process for the twippys is flawed. It's a popularity contest and even if you did not attend a show in that year, you can still vote for it. Look at the list of nominees. A few of them are small tournaments with less than 50 people. I feel its not a true judge of a great show. Something needs to change and until it does, I will not be promoting it.

If you feel strongly about how awesome Pintastic was please feel free to leave us a review on our Facebook page! Then I can read it myself and know a real attendee posted it. Makes me feel all warm inside.

4 weeks later
    #56 1 year ago

***Host hotel update****

Best Western Marlboro is now half full. LE tickets are now more than half gone. So get your LE tickets before they are sold out and book your rooms!

1 month later
    #57 1 year ago

Pintastic New England September 7th to the 10th.

foo2 (resized).jpgfoo2 (resized).jpgfooo (resized).jpgfooo (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #58 1 year ago

Pintastic New England key chain and drinking glass created by Chris Franchi!

63D52EC3-BB06-4B80-B22D-0546515605D7 (resized).jpeg63D52EC3-BB06-4B80-B22D-0546515605D7 (resized).jpegF9BAEF53-EA9C-4901-A0B5-762AA6E3BD4F (resized).jpegF9BAEF53-EA9C-4901-A0B5-762AA6E3BD4F (resized).jpeg
    #59 1 year ago

Very cool. Excited for the new venue. Went to TPF for the first time so now I'm primed for Pintastic!

#60 1 year ago

I just bought my LE pass the other day, can’t wait to see the new venue!

When will the Pintastic buy/sell/trade thread be live?

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

It's not like Pinfest, the Pintastic tread is usually a ghost town.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

Still a bit early

Quoted from Irishbastard:

It's not like Pinfest, the Pintastic tread is usually a ghost town.

We prefer you register your games. Bring them for free play and sell them at the show. We offer huge incentives to do that. We prefer games do not pre sell and exchange hands in the parking lot.

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Still a bit early

We prefer you register your games. Bring them for free play and sell them at the show. We offer huge incentives to do that. We prefer games do not pre sell and exchange hands in the parking lot.

I don't follow the show threads to buy games, I follow them to buy/sell parts, gameroom crap, projects, etc. Since Pintastic does not have a flea market, I find it strange no one really posts anything prior to the show unlike other shows.

#64 1 year ago

I don't follow the show threads to buy games, I follow them to buy/sell parts, gameroom crap, projects, etc. Since Pintastic does not have a flea market, I find it strange no one really posts anything prior to the show unlike other shows.

Someone always starts one and it does get some traffic a few months before show time.

#65 1 year ago

Bigger, better and more tournaments for Pintastic New England!

We are back for 2023 with even more tournaments and have expanded all our tournaments and improved the whole show in many aspects including our new venue with better amenities and more rooms.

This year The Silverball Rumble will have a few changes to improve everyone’s experience. These changes will make this an IFPA certified + event and should be worth 240% WPPRs compared to last year. First change is qualifying will now start Thursday evening for any player who doesn’t get in or choose to play in The Plunge, our 3 strike knockout. 20 hours in all. Up from the 14 hours in years past. We will now have 40 players qualifying for finals with 24 in A division and 16 in an added B division. Up from just 24 A division players only. Pintastic New England is sponsoring the tournament with a contribution to the prize pool as well. All 40 qualifiers will earn cash payouts with first place guaranteed at least $1000. The tournament bank this year will increase to 14 games over the 12 from last year. The last change to The Silverball Rumble from previous years is finals will now be a best of 7 head to head instead of a best of 5. And as always Backhand Pinball will be streaming all the action at twitch.tv/backhandpinball

Our Thursday night tournament in the Western Mass Pinball Club and Southern New Hampshire Pinball Club rooms, The Plunge will run the same as last year but with a new cap of 96 players. Registration for that will be on the Pintastic website.

Friday evening we have added a new women’s event. Belles and Chines Happy Hour. Registration details will be posted to the Pintastic website for this as well

Friday nights Midnight Madness tournament will also run the same as previous years with an expanded cap of 96 players as well

And to cap off our weekend of tournaments we will have our flagship women’s tournament The Silverbelle Brawl on Sunday Morning like previous years.

For full schedule of all tournaments, all the details and registration links go to https://pintasticnewengland.com/tournaments/

Silverball Rumble official rules document https://pintasticnewengland.com/silverball-rumble-rules/

For any tournament questions you can message me or email us at [email protected]

When you step out of the room dedicated to the Silverball Rumble, you will see several other major improvements to the show. There will be four Club Rooms instead of one, a new room just for custom and homebrew games, a more comfortable Seminar Theatre, and better accommodations for our friends in the pinball media. There will be live entertainment, better food offerings, plus the vendors and kids events you've loved in the past. And being in the heart of "Boston MetroWest" gives us more access to shopping and entertainment alternatives for your traveling companions who want a break from pinball

4E595155-C4BC-4BE2-B088-2C5DE85DDF1C (resized).jpeg4E595155-C4BC-4BE2-B088-2C5DE85DDF1C (resized).jpeg
    #66 1 year ago

Since Pintastic does not have a flea market,...

We always PLAN to have a flea market, but wait until we see the weather forecast. That will be the case in 2023, where we have the benefit of a bigger and better parking lot.
    .................David Marston

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Bigger, better and more tournaments for Pintastic New England!
    We are back for 2023 with even more tournaments and have expanded all our tournaments and improved the whole show in many aspects including our new venue with better amenities and more rooms.
    This year The Silverball Rumble will have a few changes to improve everyone’s experience. These changes will make this an IFPA certified + event and should be worth 240% WPPRs compared to last year. First change is qualifying will now start Thursday evening for any player who doesn’t get in or choose to play in The Plunge, our 3 strike knockout. 20 hours in all. Up from the 14 hours in years past. We will now have 40 players qualifying for finals with 24 in A division and 16 in an added B division. Up from just 24 A division players only. Pintastic New England is sponsoring the tournament with a contribution to the prize pool as well. All 40 qualifiers will earn cash payouts with first place guaranteed at least $1000. The tournament bank this year will increase to 14 games over the 12 from last year. The last change to The Silverball Rumble from previous years is finals will now be a best of 7 head to head instead of a best of 5. And as always Backhand Pinball will be streaming all the action at twitch.tv/backhandpinball
    Our Thursday night tournament in the Western Mass Pinball Club and Southern New Hampshire Pinball Club rooms, The Plunge will run the same as last year but with a new cap of 96 players. Registration for that will be on the Pintastic website.
    Friday evening we have added a new women’s event. Belles and Chines Happy Hour. Registration details will be posted to the Pintastic website for this as well
    Friday nights Midnight Madness tournament will also run the same as previous years with an expanded cap of 96 players as well
    And to cap off our weekend of tournaments we will have our flagship women’s tournament The Silverbelle Brawl on Sunday Morning like previous years.
    For full schedule of all tournaments, all the details and registration links go to https://pintasticnewengland.com/tournaments/
    Silverball Rumble official rules document https://pintasticnewengland.com/silverball-rumble-rules/
    For any tournament questions you can message me or email us at [email protected]
    When you step out of the room dedicated to the Silverball Rumble, you will see several other major improvements to the show. There will be four Club Rooms instead of one, a new room just for custom and homebrew games, a more comfortable Seminar Theatre, and better accommodations for our friends in the pinball media. There will be live entertainment, better food offerings, plus the vendors and kids events you've loved in the past. And being in the heart of "Boston MetroWest" gives us more access to shopping and entertainment alternatives for your traveling companions who want a break from pinball
    [quoted image]

Thanks for posting this for me over here Gabe. We hope these changes give everyone more chances to play and have a better time and still be able to enjoy everything the show has to offer and not be tied to the tournament area if they don’t want to be. If anyone has any questions just let me know!

4 weeks later
    #68 11 months ago

Thanks go out to Electronics Plus in Littleton, MA (Exit 80 off I-495) for their continued support of Pintastic by posting info in their store. If you haven't seen the place, it's one of the few remaining examples of a walk-in store for electronic components, a type of store that was plentiful up until the 1970s. Pinballers take note: they have hookup wire with many different colors of insulation, a wall of specialized pliers and tweezers, and racks of capacitors for sale. And it's a short drive away from the new location of Pintastic at Exit 63B off I-495. It's been a delight discovering the hobby and gamer stores in the "MetroWest" area near Boston!

1 week later
    #69 11 months ago

Won't be able to make it this year, so I have 2 LE passes for sale, well below cost.

PM for details.

3 weeks later
    #70 10 months ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

The hotel staff is going through the mechanics of setting up the special code for our block of hotel rooms. I think this will work through Best Western's national reservation system when all is done. They only allow bookings with an 11-month lead time, and I hear that it's rounded off to the nearest month. Tracking "how much business we bring in" is very important to the financial arrangements for Pintastic to put on a show like this, and we ask that our supporters to use the special code.
    We may also be trying to convince the City of Marlborough that we make a positive impact on the local economy.

Late to booking a room, is there a code?

#71 10 months ago

When you go to the Hotel page
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/hotel-2/
    the Booking button sets "groupId=8E6DU9X6" so I guess that's the code. Or you could just follow along to that Best Western web page.

#72 10 months ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Late to booking a room, is there a code?

Go here and click the green button.

https://pintasticnewengland.com/hotel-2/

#73 10 months ago

As of last week the hotel was 3/4 full. Our new hotel has double the rooms that Sturbridge had and we are on track to be sold out in less than a month. Staying at the host hotel is the best experience IMO. This hotel has 300 rooms and we have the whole place blocked off for pintastic. This is going to be fun! So don't wait to long to book.

#74 10 months ago

Booked, thanks! It's $50-$60 cheaper a night with the discount and other hotels nearby are even more $$.

#75 10 months ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Booked, thanks! It's $50-$60 cheaper a night with the discount and other hotels nearby are even more $$.

Plus you get a free buffet breakfast each day!

#76 10 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Plus you get a free buffet breakfast each day!

Will they have bacon?

#77 10 months ago
    Quoted from docquest:

Will they have bacon?

Yes I made sure of that!

1 week later
    #78 10 months ago

Franchi on art Pintastic 2023

IMG_7417 (resized).jpegIMG_7417 (resized).jpeg
    #79 10 months ago

I will be at the hotel taking a vacation this year. Time to relax & enjoy life. See my pinball friends before TPF 2024. Spend some time drinking beer, & hanging out at the bar!

#80 10 months ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I will be at the hotel taking a vacation this year. Time to relax & enjoy life. See my pinball friends before TPF 2024. Spend some time drinking beer, & hanging out at the bar!

Bring down a crate of those coils for me to pick thru…

#81 10 months ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

Bring down a crate of those coils for me to pick thru…

Crossing the border with any commercial stuff is a real hassle. So I will be travelling very light on this trip.

1 week later
    #82 9 months ago

Game registrations are coming in! Watch this page for the latest data: https://pntstc.com/games.html

Planning gto register YOUR game? Get the overview of our huge incentives here: https://pintasticnewengland.com/gamereg/ and PLEASE pick the correct name from the drop-down list, as that helps us operate efficiently and ensures that you get the correct amount of Bonus Points. There are over 3000 titles pre-loaded on the list, including the Premium/LE/CE variants. You can see that we already have several Premium games, plus rare titles, homebrew games, and returning favorites.

#83 9 months ago

*SPECIAL GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT*

STERN pinball designer John Borg returns to Pintastic New England September 7th to the 10th! Join John at our first ever karaoke night Thursday night at the hotel bar. John will be around all weekend to party with everyone, play some pinball, and talk some STERN pinball!

IMG_7515 (resized).jpegIMG_7515 (resized).jpeg
    #84 9 months ago

If anyone has a wpc 93’ style cabinet/ head they would like to part with at the show please let me know. Needs work is fine.

#85 9 months ago

Steve Ritchie the KING will once again be at Pintastic Pinball and Game Room Expo September 7th to 10th. Steve is a great friend of the show and is becoming a regular! Don’t be afraid to approach him and talk pinball, take a photo or buy him a drink. He will also be at our autograph session on Saturday. So bring out your stuff for him to sign.

IMG_0629 (resized).jpegIMG_0629 (resized).jpeg
    #86 9 months ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

PLEASE pick the correct name from the drop-down list, as that helps us operate efficiently and ensures that you get the correct amount of Bonus Points. There are over 3000 titles pre-loaded on the list, including the Premium/LE/CE variants.

Here is what the user sees when typing a few letters into the Game Name box. Notice that all the names have the letters "for" in sequence. Also notice the variety; there are lots of foreign-made games in the database, too. The more you type, the more narrowed down it gets. When you see the name, click on the name in the list.

Screenshot_stringSTART (resized).jpgScreenshot_stringSTART (resized).jpg
    #87 9 months ago

In the last screen shot, you could also see that the drop-down list is limited to 10 results. Rest assured that all the Transformers versions are in the database! For a title that has been used more than 10 times, use what you see as a clue about narrowing down the list if your game doesn't show. In the screen shot below, typing the open parenthesis got names like Episode 1 and Trilogy off the list.

Screenshot_paren (resized).jpgScreenshot_paren (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #88 9 months ago

I got word that one of our vendors will be bringing in a major acquisition of parts from the EM era, including part-out-able playfields!

#89 9 months ago

I have a Foo that I could bring to Pintastic if not sold before.

Machine - For Sale
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “*I will drive up to 2 hours to drop off/hand off this game at no additional charge (with reasonable deposit)* I purchased on 5/5/23 from a gent who owned it for less than 2 weeks ...”
    2023-07-21
    Saugerties, NY
    6,750 (OBO)
    Archived after: 25 days
    Viewed: 263 times

#90 9 months ago

Someone contacted us via the website and requested some Sega Pinball titles be brought to the show.
    https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?mfgid=280&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced
    Anyone who owns one of these, please consider bringing it.

#91 9 months ago

*THE PLUNGE AND BELLS HAPPY HOUR*

Registration for Happy Hour is at 10am and The Plunge is at noon TOMORROW! Space is limited so have your flipper fingers ready to click that registration button!

IMG_7853 (resized).jpegIMG_7853 (resized).jpegIMG_7854 (resized).jpegIMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
    #92 9 months ago

Won't be able to make it this year, so I have 2 LE passes for sale, well below cost.

2 LE tickets for the price of 1!
    $300 USD for the pair!

Added 9 months ago:

SOLD

#93 9 months ago

Oof 6pm is rough to make the start of the tourney for working stiffs. Already taking Friday off though. Very excited to come to the show.

#94 9 months ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

2 LE tickets for the price of 1!
    $300 USD for the pair!

I'll take one if someone takes the other one!

#95 9 months ago
    Quoted from dmarston:Someone contacted us via the website and requested some Sega Pinball titles be brought to the show.
    https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?mfgid=280&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced
    Anyone who owns one of these, please consider bringing it.

Was planning anyways to bring my Starship Troopers so I just register it

#96 9 months ago

Foo fighters banner for sale $140. PM if interested. Thanks.

010D5722-45F2-49D3-BE82-BD4741F63B7F (resized).png010D5722-45F2-49D3-BE82-BD4741F63B7F (resized).png
    #97 9 months ago

I’m booked and looking forward to it.
    Nice and local for me but still staying at the hotel.

2 weeks later
    #98 8 months ago

Myth Pinball will be showcasing our amazing Stern Spike 2 Speaker Light Frames at Pintastic this year in the vendor area. Come stop by to see a demo on both Iron Maiden and Godzilla (subject to change).

Unfortunately as usual our demand outpaces our supply, however we will have special show only discounts available at our booth.

#99 8 months ago

Does anyone know if they sell limited or pro passed for the day at the door? At most would be able to make two days, but might only be one so don't need a four day pass.

#100 8 months ago

Dalinar Can you say more about what you want to do? If the one day you are coming is Friday and you wanted to attend the after-party, for example, your options are to get the Premium pass or bring a game for Free Play.

There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-pintastic-new-england-2023-show-and-hotel-discussion/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.