Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 131 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mudflap
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4425B6FF-0EDA-40B0-9B99-54F3FB2CC220 (resized).jpeg
    hot_tub_time_machine_movie_image_chevy_chase_01.jpg
    eric M (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2020-09-01 10.13.52 (resized).jpg
    20200831_160831.jpg
    IMG_2827 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2826 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tubes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 4 years ago

Lots to reply to in this thread, but the short of it is the new location is good. Been all 5 years, things did seem a bit chaotic last year though. Can see how people would miss the Free Play area, a new-to-the-event volunteer actually steered us away from it on Thursday last year thinking it was the Extra Ball Lounge. Thought I overheard tell of some other confusion as the days went on.

Don't forget Bamboo for Chinese food to go with the list above, or the Yangtze River if you like hot garbage. Kimball's seafood is definitely not on the same level as their ice cream, these are the masters of milk here. The seafood they just buy from a wholesaler, fry, and sell for high prices. No more tolls is big, 495 access a single exit away from Route 2 is big. Other local airports in the area as well, one mile might as well be five.

Good to hear that Westford is still psychotic about its "small town status", they fought a battle to keep Wal-Mart out decades ago and established a legal precedent for outrageous nonsense. Westford Regency is a good spot as noted in abundance above.

Any word on the compared square footage? Maybe just in total now if the allotment isn't complete. Had all sorts of parking comments but our patron organizer has already predicted them perfectly.

#58 4 years ago

Good news about the square footage. The Club Room is the free-to-enjoy area from Southern New Hampshire, yes? The cramping and frantic vibe became merged into one wild cacophony as Saturday closed last year, as the man of electricity, Steve Ritchie himself, entered. Good it will get a boost in size. The electric man's appearance will augur well for getting more current, voltage drop is nothing. More power, like that Tool Man.

Must have missed the shuttle going to the airport, seems too good to be true. This could have rendered it invisible, not expecting to see it. I can recommend Minuteman by proxy, pleasant airfield. The Bamboo restaurant is the "enhanced" version of the local upscale Mandarin chain (meaning sushi as well, though a successor to the claim of best sushi around may already have been mentioned), and is located along the same road as the Westford Regency and shopping areas, 110. It's 1 Lan Road.

#61 4 years ago

We've gone every year but never yet gone in for the LE package—can the Extra Ball Lounge℠ this year compete with former years' 1,920 square feet and enticing sounds I've heard emanating in the past? It suddenly occurs to me that I'll be wanting to play pinball from 3 am through 8 am on a whim given the new location's proximity. Also, which Regency is the Friday LE breakfast buffet at?

#64 4 years ago

It was hard to tell in the main thread, but has Westford booked up as well? Someone couldn't book the type of room they wanted but it wasn't clear where. If people are looking for those dual queen rooms or whatnot, they seem to have erected a brand new Courtyard by Marriott right off the current Exit 30B from 495, on 119, very close to the Westford Regency and slightly closer to Boxborough than the Westford Regency is. Comes with its own Starbucks in the same complex, and some sushi and Mexican food and such.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

All room types are still available at the Boxboro Recency….

Good to hear direct from The Man, I definitely saw in another discussion someone who was under the impression that Boxborough was booked (some weeks ago).

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ramrod215:

If flying into 6B6 (Minuteman) check the notams. If IFR there is only one GPS approach in and an ODP if departing to the S.

It seems like more detail on these things can be found at http://minutemanairfield.com/pilots/ and its "Useful Links". If I'm reading it correctly, shuttle service is provided free by Minuteman Airport to local hotels (Westford and Boxboro included).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tubes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-pintastic-new-england-2020-hotel-driving-discussion?tu=Tubes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.