Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 131 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mudflap
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4425B6FF-0EDA-40B0-9B99-54F3FB2CC220 (resized).jpeg
    hot_tub_time_machine_movie_image_chevy_chase_01.jpg
    eric M (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2020-09-01 10.13.52 (resized).jpg
    20200831_160831.jpg
    IMG_2827 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2826 (resized).JPG
    There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can speak if you want me to. It's getting me to shut up that's the problem.

Keep bumping the tread brother!

#102 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can speak if you want me to. It's getting me to shut up that's the problem.

I can confirm this.

#103 2 years ago

Got an idea for a presentation? We have constraints (which I prefer to think of as High Principles) so that we are not wasting time with our seminars. If you have an idea that could deliver real value to our Pintastic audience, tell me via PM.
    .................David Marston

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Got an idea for a presentation? We have constraints (which I prefer to think of as High Principles) so that we are not wasting time with our seminars. If you have an idea that could deliver real value to our Pintastic audience, tell me via PM.

He doesn't.

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I'm just an idiot and have literally no intrinsic value that I could share with anybody. My high socks are entertaining, but not enough to float an entire seminar.

On a completely unrelated note, it was great saying hello to you at Allentown. Seeing you and Gabe again were a couple of the highlights of the show for me. Then I saw yzfguy and realized it was probably time to call it a day.

#106 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm just an idiot and have literally no intrinsic value that I could share with anybody. My high socks are entertaining, but not enough to float an entire seminar.
    On a completely unrelated note, it was great saying hello to you at Allentown. Seeing you and Gabe again were a couple of the highlights of the show for me. Then I saw yzfguy and realized it was probably time to call it a day.

Great seeing you man! Next time deff bring your wife. She makes you look good brother.

#107 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Great seeing you man! Next time deff bring your wife. She makes you look good brother.

My wife makes me look like a wingman.

#108 2 years ago

I'm looking to have my Seawitch there! I'll have to see what else I can drag to the party.

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Your moo moo makes you look like a wingmom.

LTG : )

#110 2 years ago

I want to play that seawitch!
    Been watching it come together.

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, today I have been dealing with that for 48 years. Strong women rule!

#112 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

I want to play that seawitch!
    Been watching it come together.

Loaded the Weebly MPU this morning, the attract mode lamp pattern looks correct! Should be as I took a great deal of time making sure the pin assignments were right when building the harness. Lamp harness would be the most difficult when I why I got it out the way first.

#113 2 years ago

I’ll have a fully working Fire Queen up for sale, Saturday only . New glass, shopped, nice playfield, avg. cabinet. 1250$ and that includes a set op pinball pump stencils (value is 150)

#114 2 years ago

Hello pinball fans,
    It's the season for pinball announcements, so Pintastic New England hereby announces that Eric Meunier will be a Special Guest at our 2021 show in November! This time, he plans to give a deep-dive seminar on his multi-TWIPy-award-winning game design, Guns 'N' Roses! You may have viewed some of the extensive online coverage of this pinball machine, but the in-person experience is better. You'll be able to ask him questions about GnR, his earlier Pirates of the Caribbean game, his work on The Hobbit, or the mood at Jersey Jack Pinball these days.

eric M (resized).jpgeric M (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #115 2 years ago

I-290 in Mass. has been re-numbered, but with a twist: there is now mileage numbering in common between I-290 and I-395, which are attached end-to-end anyway. Just in case you were starting to get comfortable with mileage-based exit numbers.

#116 2 years ago

If anyone bought an LE pass and is having second thoughts let me know!

1 month later
    #117 2 years ago

If you are encountering sold-out status at the Sturbridge Host Hotel for one or more nights, you can go on their wait list or use our special Pintastic rate at the La Quinta at 478 Main Street. See our hotel page
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/hotel-2/
    for details. Google Maps says it's an 0.9 mile walk, and you have to walk past the Barbecue place on the way.

#118 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

If you are encountering sold-out status at the Sturbridge Host Hotel for one or more nights, you can go on their wait list or use our special Pintastic rate at the La Quinta at 478 Main Street. See our hotel page
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/hotel-2/
    for details. Google Maps says it's an 0.9 mile walk, and you have to walk past the Barbecue place on the way.

I just called . Sold out!

#119 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinsterwmass:

I just called . Sold out!

Which hotel is sold out?

#120 2 years ago

Cheapest current local gas is 3.199 in Southbridge ~4 miles from the show

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Cheapest current local gas is 3.199 in Southbridge ~4 miles from the show

Will probably be $10/gal by the time the show happens at this rate...

3 weeks later
    #122 2 years ago

I just checked with the hotel and all the restaurants in the hotel are closed and the hot tub is not open. Shame Pintastic 2022 will be back at this dump.

#123 2 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I just checked with the hotel and all the restaurants in the hotel are closed and the hot tub is not open. Shame Pintastic 2022 will be back at this dump.

You want to play some pinball and have a good time partying all night long? Or do you want a super nice hotel with a ton of rules, early closing time and higher prices? Still plenty of great restaurants around the area.

#124 2 years ago

Pintastic was born in Sturbridge, Ma. The new hotel owner is putting effort into restoring/renovating this place. The vender hall is quite nice with new lighting and flooring. New sofas in all common areas and hallways. New siding is being installed on the facade as we speak. Not many events took place here during covid. We’re glad to be back and welcome you to join us. Booking a room @ another hotel isn’t supporting the Sturbridge host. Yes, the hot tub is closed. Sorry, however we do have 200+ pinball games to play. A full seminar program. Some of the hottest new pinball titles.

FYI, we’ve been invited to host this popular event @ many hotels and resorts. Turns out y’all don’t want to pay $300+ a night to stay. .

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

You want to play some pinball and have a good time partying all night long? Or do you want a super nice hotel with a ton of rules, early closing time and higher prices? Still plenty of great restaurants around the area.

Amen, brother. Yeah...I bought my weekend pass so I could eat at the hotel restaurants and sit in the hot tub.

Another negative gem from a RI resident...

See you guys soon...very excited--

--oops...just peed a little.

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Hot tub??? People really want to sit in these things?

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I'm sure Chevy Chase will show up to fix it for you. Also it's too bad the hotel's "fish taco" (frozen fish stick wrapped in Velveeta) won't be available, luckily there are many restaurants and bars close by.

hot_tub_time_machine_movie_image_chevy_chase_01.jpghot_tub_time_machine_movie_image_chevy_chase_01.jpg
    #128 2 years ago

Sorry guys, forgot this was pinside when I posted about New Englands premiere family pinball event lol.

I told the wife there was no hot tub this year and the kids that we would have to get up earlier to drive to get breakfast every morning instead of the quick stop on the way to the free play room and they weren’t too thrilled.

BUT when I told them they could drink straight from a bottle of Vodka in the parking lot without being harassed by hotel staff they were somewhat pacified and when I told them about the new paneling in the hallways they are back on board.

Crisis averted. We will be there at 6 tonight, hope the new couches in the common area live up to the hype!

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Sorry guys, forgot this was pinside when I posted about New Englands premiere family pinball event lol.
    I told the wife there was no hot tub this year and the kids that we would have to get up earlier to drive to get breakfast every morning instead of the quick stop on the way to the free play room and they weren’t too thrilled.
    BUT when I told them they could drink straight from a bottle of Vodka in the parking lot without being harassed by hotel staff they were somewhat pacified and when I told them about the new paneling in the hallways they are back on board.
    Crisis averted. We will be there at 6 tonight, hope the new couches in the common area live up to the hype!

LMAO! Don't buy that Smirnoff shit either... Get the good stuff!

#130 2 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Great response! Now THAT'S the kind of sarcasm we like to see around here. Well done!

But really...drive to breakfast? McDonald's is right there across the parking lot and a sausage mcmuffin with egg is a little slice of heaven on earth. Great coffee, too!

#131 2 years ago
    4425B6FF-0EDA-40B0-9B99-54F3FB2CC220 (resized).jpeg4425B6FF-0EDA-40B0-9B99-54F3FB2CC220 (resized).jpeg
    There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-pintastic-new-england-2020-hotel-driving-discussion/page/3?hl=oldhockeyguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.