(Topic ID: 289688)

Official Pinside FOMO (fear of missing out) thread

By Concretehardt

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DD8E718C-0BEB-484E-8B01-BDEAB47C5FAF.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 2 years ago

I think FOMO is just undiagnosed OCD combined with limited cash reserves and time boxing issues... I believe the Pokemon phenomenon of "Gotta catch them all" crossed with the Cabbage Patch dolls and Beanie Babies collector hype has conditioned a lot of people into believing that the mantra of "once they are gone, they are gone" is a hard and fast rule never to be broken. Its like my desire to own a specific thing can not be suppressed, bypassed, or dealt with in any other fashion than spending a ton of cash to ensure I get this one desirable "thing", and not you, or anybody else on this planet is gonna make me change my mind.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-pinside-fomo-thread-?tu=Bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.