(Topic ID: 93189)

Official Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show 2014 Thread!

By ChrisVW

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by BC_Gambit
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-375.jpg
    image-566.jpg
    image-939.jpg
    image-460.jpg
    image-605.jpg
    image-567.jpg
    SR2a.jpg
    SR3.JPG
    CAM00989.jpg
    CAM00985.jpg
    image-919.jpg
    image-436.jpg
    image-894.jpg
    image-782.jpg
    image-741.jpg
    image-371.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrivelli.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Pinball bulbs booth bringing a bunch of games for everyone to play. Bringing:
    Shadow
    White Water
    Medieval Madness
    Cactus Canyon continued
    Congo
    TOTAN
    Monster Bash
    Ironman
    Metallica
    Fish Tales
    Pinball fx pincabinet for those that never seen

I heard those guys are jerks and wont let anyone play their games

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

not much buzz about this show ;(
    I would like to hear more. Pros/ Cons/ etc... Where is GeneX to do a write up on this?
    This is a show I have contemplated going to, but thus far there has been little info from the pinsiders.
    Step it up a notch guys

Not much buzz on this site about it that is! The show is really cool in that maaaaybe 10-15% of the people have even heard of pinside and less post on it. And its cool because it offers a very different view into what the "hot" pinball is etc. There were basically no Stern games on the floor except a Tron and then metallica and Iron man in the pinballbulbs booth. Of course, Marco was there with their standard awesome booth setup with all new sterns to sell. Mostly I am trying to say it's really interesting. For example, Congo was massively popular and sought after among most show goers, but extremely little interest in Iron M an and it was for sale. It did sale, but little inquiry, unlike on here.

I am super tired from the weekend right now, but here is a quick blurp:

Pros:

Extremely well run. The games are almost always working and the techs are so dang quick to getting things working.

The speakers and seminars are really top notch. The had mark and steve ritchie there, that was super fun. I ear it is tough to get Mark. Jpop loves the show and came on his own to sign stuff, talk about magic girl (OH MY GAWD that PF is badassssss looking). Everyone should literally be upset he isn't making more. The progress is really far too. Ben heck was there, super awesome guy to chat with about the AMH game and overall tech stuff. Jersey Jack was there as well.

PinballBulbs booth was awesome.... (Our Monster Bash won best in show!)

Some great vendors there although wish more parts vendors since first year Gene wasn't there.

AC in the building rocks and tons of space with great food. Basically, vennue kicks ass. People complain Tacoma sucks and nothing to do around there, but I am there for the show, not to hang out in Tacoma so awesome for me. However, some cool after show pinball spots people hit up like Dorkys and Shortyd. Lots of great pins there and a bar as well. The show is right next to Univeristy of Washington Tacoma Campus so there are little places to eat lunch ,get coffee etc. Nice lil spot I think personally.

Insane amounts of space for everything. period

The show picks up and trucks peoples games and is insanely organized about it. May be best show for this aspect by far.

"Cons":
    Could use more vendors perhaps. More so with parts though

They upgraded space this year by 6k sqft so more games would've been cool. More than last year were there, but room to grow at least gamewise. More pins at least for me would be fun

That's about all for now. Perhaps more detail and in depth. Ask any questions too. I'm pooped!

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Admittedly, I also have the same concern with Metallica at this point. Played it twice this morning, got the usual extra ball for a four ball game each time and started one CIU mode game one, and two on game two with a score of ~116 million, and i don't think I was doing my absolute best.
    to

I GC'ed the pinballbulbs Metallica right before the show at 466~ million with 3 CIU modes. So, didn''t beat it, but felt i had a really good game. Still lots to go on that game for me!

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Yeah, I agree that I did not make it far with respect for Battle for the Kingdome, but the knife in my heart is yeah you have to beat each mode three times, but it is literally doing the same thing three times. I am not sure I care enough to enjoy that at this point, knowing what other games offer.
    In comparision at least with Metallica it changes up a lot more.
    I think my other gripe with MM involves the lack of stacking and the generally low multiball jackpots and simple rules making them less exciting whan they could be. If I was tweaking the game I would:
    - change up the jackpots (increase base value, have more double / super jackpot opportunities from combos?, victory laps)
    - add more multiball rules (maybe more quest like a la LoTR helms deep siege, and RoTK multiball)
    - change up the rules for completing the second and third round of things after doing Royal Madness? Maybe vary up the second round, make it harder (not just adding more shots required) and do away with the third round entirely?
    But hey, I'm just a guy. And that's just my opinion man
    Thanks again for bringing the awesome games, unfortunately I was not particulary spendy this weekend (I think the most I spent on stuff aside form a JPoP print was for some boardames to play with my daughters).
    And this is coming from someone who has played MM off and on since my days in university when it first came out. I am not a hater, I just don't want to spend 9K on a game I only play once in a blue moon due to sameyness (this is now a word! An official pinball word! I pity the fool who does not agree...).

Mm has massive stacking btw. Gotta get and stack each mode so your multiball jackpots are worth anything.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

how many games were actually their? Playing quality pins is something i value in a show, so would like to know before planning a trip for next year.
    200, 300, 400?
    what percent DMD, SS, EM?
    thanks

There was 400 games +/- a handful. I'd sahy roughly half were pins. MAybe20% year EMs, lots of solid state and system 11 stuff and a decent selection of DMD stuff. I have only been this year and last. I felt last year had more pins, but there was also 6k less sqft so it made it feel much bigger and sparse this year.

Pinwise I'd like more DMD and Stern games on the floor

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from GoodManners:

I found the show to be a lot of fun. Caveat - this was the first pin show I have been to.
    Had a good time. Played pins so I know what I like and what to buy. Especially want to say thank you to all those that brought their pins out so people like myself could play them and get to experience different games. Special thanks to Welby Bergum for bringing IJ and CV. I played both on Saturday - thanks man!
    I wanted to add onto vid's comment and say that I saw people treat others games poorly. I know some people nudge the game here or there to save a ball. But I watched some people pound on a game - even going so far as to pick it up by the front and drop it onto it's legs when it had a ball stuck. I'm not sure if I would want to loan out a game to that show..... Especially a valuable one.
    But again - I had a great time and will definitely be back.

This happens at all shows though and all over, you made it sound like it is sinlged out to this show. Unfortunately, its not. In our pinballbulbs booth it happened a time or two even with us always there, but no dropping of a game or anything crazy. Mostly I think cause we were there and fixed any issue instantly, but the show has tons of fantastic medics and volunteers who fixed things so fast. It was awesome

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrivelli.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-northwest-pinball-arcade-show-2014-thread?tu=jrivelli and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.