Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 169 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by BOBCADE
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2525 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2527 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1087 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0822 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8690 (resized).PNG
    11364B41-5B32-4051-87A1-D099490D4E26 (resized).jpeg
    F69611A6-BE03-4E58-8166-B57C06577C26 (resized).jpeg
    9D2EDA78-3BC9-4A22-9344-F64D7DFE5278 (resized).jpeg
    DSCF1233 (resized).JPG
    received_10159712734315241 (resized).png
    10931097_10203648045189066_8474829971394217982_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_2220 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170604_163226 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1496614275455 (resized).jpg
    tz (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AJB4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 7 years ago

In an arcade toppers add to the spectacle / attraction, but they make no sense in a home collection. I had a LOTR LE with a topper and it just looked so out of place - I eventually decided to take it off. Added it back on when I sold the game. Now, none of my games have a topper and they will stay that way. If the game comes from the factory sporting a topper then I guess that is okay but I still prefer without. I am getting a GoT pro and considered the factory topper but decided that I just don't see what value it brings. That said, I enjoy adding mods and often do. On the other hand, I don't think LCD's or even dots animations in games matters all that much to the player but are more for those watching you play...

8 months later
    #120 6 years ago

yup u r outta the no toppers club - and you were the charter member who was brave enough to make pinball great again by declaring our mutual distaste for all manners of toppers - disgusting and demoralizing
    having even 1 topper out of 30 games is like being just a little bit pregnant
    no club for you
    come back 2 yrs (but only if you are topper free)

#122 6 years ago

Look I have empathy as I will admit (only in this private club but not out in public) that I have considered getting the aerosmith topper but I think back to when I had my LOTR LE and it had a laser etched topper with red led lighting. It was just so outta place and just gave me the creeps. From time to time we all get that little voice saying "But what if..."
    you gotta resist and no matter how color coordinated that Aerosmith topper is I am just going to say NO!!!!! If I don't draw a hard line, where will it stop??? Like I said, there is no such thing as a little bit pregnant - it's all or none baby!!!

#133 6 years ago

IF you are really a member of the no toppers club you won't buy the game because it comes with a topper. Now some in here may say that official NIB toppers that come with and/or are specifically designed for a game by the factory are allowable but I take issue with that notion myself...

10 months later
    #151 5 years ago

I have to confess that I just put the Aerosmith topper from Stern on my LE. I will surrender my spot in the no toppers club. Sorry to disappoint. I hope to be eligible for membership again someday.

1 year later
    #155 4 years ago

I have removed my AS topper. As cool as it seemed initially, I just couldn't take it after all was said and done. I'M BACK, BABY!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AJB4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-no-toppers-club?tu=AJB4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.