Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 169 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BOBCADE
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2525 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2527 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1087 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0822 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8690 (resized).PNG
    11364B41-5B32-4051-87A1-D099490D4E26 (resized).jpeg
    F69611A6-BE03-4E58-8166-B57C06577C26 (resized).jpeg
    9D2EDA78-3BC9-4A22-9344-F64D7DFE5278 (resized).jpeg
    DSCF1233 (resized).JPG
    received_10159712734315241 (resized).png
    10931097_10203648045189066_8474829971394217982_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_2220 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170604_163226 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1496614275455 (resized).jpg
    tz (resized).jpg
    There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 7 years ago

Toppers that were included in the original design I feel are legit.

Everything else is shit.Shame on Data East,I mean Stern,for price gouging on there ugly do nothing toppers.

#102 7 years ago

How in the hell did I miss this club?!?! Since I dislike mods in general, no toppers is a natural fit. I mean, if the game didn't come from the factory with one, then the only other thing allowed on top of the game is...

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#103 7 years ago

I like that one.
    That and Fish Tales.
    Nothing else comes to mind...

#104 7 years ago

I recently got back into this hobby. I used to play a bunch growing up, but i don't ever remember games even having toppers. All of my pin buddies have toppers and think i'm crazy for not wanting them. They take away from the look of the game to me. Glad to be a member of this Club.

#105 7 years ago

I actually thought I was on my own when it came to thinking toppers where crap especially aftermarket toppers they never look that great.

And the worst offenders like others have said are the ones that repeat the title of the game 10" above the title on the translite

Literally the only topper I've ever seen and thought yeah that's good is BM66 I'll concede to that one being pretty clever and adding something to the batmobile themed armour.

#106 7 years ago

The only toppers I like are the factory ones, but not all of them.

#107 7 years ago

Toppers???....I cant afford no toppers

#108 7 years ago

I use to have toppers on all my games but now I have none as those games have left my game room. Factory toppers are cool like JP and JD. Others, NOT!

#109 7 years ago
    Quoted from jasonp:

Toppers???....I cant afford no toppers

Hey, it's not that expensive if you just buy a bunch of theme-relevant toys on Ebay and set them on top of your machine

#110 7 years ago

One of the worst I have seen is the Ghostbusters topper. I saw this beautiful game with what looked like a load of crap from an 80's toy box hot glued on top of the machine.

#111 7 years ago

Last year I got a ToM, that was advertised with all kinds of mods, in a way it looked like they were "original" or at least "recognized" mods. So when I got there, it was all just home brew crap; the "Card Trick™ Mod" appeared to be 3 printed out game cards stuck in a plastic hat. Luckily it could all easily be removed and the machine itself was decent, so I took it anyway.

Since then I am critical against toppers. I do not like the homebrew ones, and especially not if they look like a random toy being advertised as official. Like all the photo's before

#112 7 years ago

I don't care for add on toppers at all. Or using the top of a pinball machine to store any other unrelated crap. 30+ games in the collection and no toppers.

I'll admit I was kind of fond of the one I did install several years back, but that was it.

topper (resized).jpgtopper (resized).jpg

#113 7 years ago

First time ever i've been named a Troll......I LIKE IT

#114 7 years ago

No toppers for me, I only like factory toppers, like strange science, and fish tales.

I get it though. I just like my stuff close to stock.

2 months later
    #115 6 years ago

Nope
    tz (resized).jpgtz (resized).jpg

*If your machine is pictured please don't take offense, toppers just aren't my thing

#116 6 years ago

Darn - I thought this thread had something to do with Lady Pinball players...

#117 6 years ago

Toppers are like mods, for every decent one, there's atleast ten tacky, tasteless, terrible ones.

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Toppers are like mods, for every decent one, there's atleast ten tacky, tasteless, terrible ones.

Twenty.

3 weeks later
    #119 6 years ago

Toppers still not my thing on the main wall.

FB_IMG_1496614275455 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1496614275455 (resized).jpg

But I cannot deny Joe makes some awesome stuff.

IMG_20170604_163226 (resized).jpgIMG_20170604_163226 (resized).jpg

I'm not into the plain etched stuff but these combo art cut outs and laser backgrounds are to my pleasing. I may need to see if he still has a Stargate one left. I'm out of the club, at least for wall #2.

#120 6 years ago

yup u r outta the no toppers club - and you were the charter member who was brave enough to make pinball great again by declaring our mutual distaste for all manners of toppers - disgusting and demoralizing
    having even 1 topper out of 30 games is like being just a little bit pregnant
    no club for you
    come back 2 yrs (but only if you are topper free)

#121 6 years ago

Lol too funny. Can I still post the really atrocious ones? I guess not but someone better take President and out the funny ones.

Quoted from AJB4:

yup u r outta the no toppers club - and you were the charter member who was brave enough to make ponball great again by declaring our mutual distaste for all manners of toppers - disgusting and demoralizing
    having even 1 topper out of 30 games is like being just a little bit pregnant
    no club for you
    come back 2 yrs

#122 6 years ago

Look I have empathy as I will admit (only in this private club but not out in public) that I have considered getting the aerosmith topper but I think back to when I had my LOTR LE and it had a laser etched topper with red led lighting. It was just so outta place and just gave me the creeps. From time to time we all get that little voice saying "But what if..."
    you gotta resist and no matter how color coordinated that Aerosmith topper is I am just going to say NO!!!!! If I don't draw a hard line, where will it stop??? Like I said, there is no such thing as a little bit pregnant - it's all or none baby!!!

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from BOBCADE:

I'm not into the plain etched stuff but these combo art cut outs and laser backgrounds are to my pleasing. I may need to see if he still has a Stargate one left. I'm out of the club, at least for wall #2.

HA! Your founder has caved!!!! Proof that toppers rule!

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Boo!!!

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Trying one on the B wall is not caved but I can no longer be President as a rat. Lol

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from BOBCADE:

Trying one on the B wall is not caved but I can no longer be President as a rat. Lol

Just give in to the dark side. See you at the laseriffic table at Pintastic!!!

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

Look I have empathy as I will admit (only in this private club but not out in public) that I have considered getting the aerosmith topper but I think back to when I had my LOTR LE and it had a laser etched topper with red led lighting. It was just so outta place and just gave me the creeps. From time to time we all get that little voice saying "But what if..."
    you gotta resist and no matter how color coordinated that Aerosmith topper is I am just going to say NO!!!!! If I don't draw a hard line, where will it stop??? Like I said, there is no such thing as a little bit pregnant - it's all or none baby!!!

I saw the Aerosmith one this weekend at jints56 and it is beyond tasteful, really a nice piece of work with the Les Paul's.

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinB:

If you don't talk to your kids about toppers, who will?

LoL that giant batman on top, wow

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from BOBCADE:

Nope

*If your machine is pictured please don't take offense, toppers just aren't my thing

Yikes! Tacky........Most toppers are terrible, but I do like the factory ones. GoT topper is cool, the AFMr topper looks cool....etc

#130 6 years ago

Only good topper is a non existent topper

#131 6 years ago

I have zero toppers, so I am in the club. But guys, what about that Batman 66 LE topper? Would that count since it comes with the game? It's pretty cool....

#132 6 years ago

This is the ONLY topper I would allow on my machines!

IMG_2220 (resized).JPGIMG_2220 (resized).JPG

#133 6 years ago

IF you are really a member of the no toppers club you won't buy the game because it comes with a topper. Now some in here may say that official NIB toppers that come with and/or are specifically designed for a game by the factory are allowable but I take issue with that notion myself...

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from chippe01:

This is the ONLY topper I would allow on my machines!

is that the cats piss stain on the wall? my only experience with cats is nasty stinky piss everywhere

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

is that the cats piss stain on the wall? my only experience with cats is nasty stinky piss everywhere

Is that really necessary?

#136 6 years ago

I'm in the no-topper club. Testify, brother and sisters! Factory toppers only! Down with cobbled together toppers made from dollar store junk and children's toys! (I'm also strongly against hot gluing junk and toys to playfield posts and plastics under the glass.)

However, can we get a scan of that Bally Susan B. Anthony topper? I could use a couple of those...

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from BOBCADE:

Hypocrite.

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Now how the hell would a cat piss up there? They replaced the fuse boxes with circuit breakers in our apartments, that was from the hole they made in my wall to put in the neighbors box, that they never painted over.

#139 6 years ago

Toppers waste room that should be used for glorious, glowing neon. Except for my DW factory topper. The rest are verboten in my house.

#140 6 years ago

I'm anti topper. The topper could be the most beautiful thing and it doesn't matter. It fights for attention from the actual playfield and lights, and breaks the unity. Sometimes there is beauty in simplicity.

#141 6 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

I'm anti topper. The topper could be the most beautiful thing and it doesn't matter. It fights for attention from the actual playfield and lights, and breaks the unity. Sometimes there is beauty in simplicity.

Are you also against backbox lighting/flashers?

#142 6 years ago

Anti-topper here, I only like factory toppers. People put so much stupid junk on top of machines I feel it just ruins it. Also putting junk on top of a EM game is also looks like garbage. This is the only acceptable EM topper.

10931097_10203648045189066_8474829971394217982_n (resized).jpg10931097_10203648045189066_8474829971394217982_n (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #143 6 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

Are you also against backbox lighting/flashers?

No.

3 months later
    #144 6 years ago

I don’t understand toppers at all. I think they look silly and a lot of the way people execute them makes their place look like a hoarder lives there.

3 weeks later
    #145 6 years ago

It’s people just wanting to have their own special snowflake of a pinball machine. Not sure if it’s wanting attention or what.

1 month later
    #146 6 years ago

Guy asked for opinions and i said yuck and he got really offended

received_10159712734315241 (resized).pngreceived_10159712734315241 (resized).png

3 months later
    #147 6 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Guy asked for opinions and i said yuck and he got really offended

It looks awful

#148 6 years ago

Is this group still meeting?

I have one topper, on mt BK2K, and that came from Williams (I think). Hope I can stay.

DSCF1233 (resized).JPGDSCF1233 (resized).JPG

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I have one topper, on mt BK2K, and that came from Williams (I think). Hope I can stay.

1 topper out of 15 is an acceptable ratio, put it on a wall not featured

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

1st party toppers are always ok

There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-no-toppers-club/page/3?hl=xbmanx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.