3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 163 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 56 days ago by JWJr
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 53 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8690 (resized).PNG
    11364B41-5B32-4051-87A1-D099490D4E26 (resized).jpeg
    F69611A6-BE03-4E58-8166-B57C06577C26 (resized).jpeg
    9D2EDA78-3BC9-4A22-9344-F64D7DFE5278 (resized).jpeg
    DSCF1233 (resized).JPG
    received_10159712734315241 (resized).png
    10931097_10203648045189066_8474829971394217982_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_2220 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170604_163226 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1496614275455 (resized).jpg
    tz (resized).jpg
    topper (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    IMG_2035 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2033 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2034 (resized).JPG

There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 3 years ago

I'm not just the 'No Topper' president, I'm also a client. This is the official I hate toppers thread to voice hate for all things topper. Not counting my Darlek, he's cool.

#2 3 years ago

Hi my name's Gryszzz.
    *sits down*

#3 3 years ago

But if yer excusing yer Dalek, does everybody get a fvckin free pass ? I vote to oust this President already.
    I have no toppers (that work).

#4 3 years ago

Shhh he'll exterminate me no matter how much I hate toppers I have to be cool with him.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

But if yer excusing yer Dalek, does everybody get a fvckin free pass ? I vote to oust this President already.
    I have no toppers (that work).

Haha! I agree, he can't be president of the club and get a free pass right out the gate!

#6 3 years ago

I'm a fan of factory toppers. Toppers like TAF, DW, DD, TWD, GoT, etc. I use to like after market toppers but haven't bought one since XM.

So I guess I'm a recovering topper guy.

#7 3 years ago

Ok, I hereby step down from president. Kill the topper, not the president.

#8 3 years ago

We accept your resignation and I am pleased for the nomination.

#9 3 years ago

I'd probably be in, but I own a Fish Tales and how can you hate that topper? Heck, I'm thinking of adding something to my LOTR, too good of a game not to get some special recognition... Now that I look around, Fire! even has a functioning topper integrated with the game. I guess I'll see myself out now...

#10 3 years ago

Hi, my name is RCA and I have a problem......................

#11 3 years ago

Well hello everybody.
    I've been in recovery for just a few months now after hitting rock bottom.
    Just this summer I put a saddle on top of a Flip Flop.
    A fricken saddle!
    *shakes head & sits as Gryszzz pats him on his shoulder*

image (resized).jpg

#12 3 years ago

Lol a saddle, you did hit bottom

#13 3 years ago

I'm in. Hate the bloody things. Unnecessary crap piled on the top of the game.

#14 3 years ago

Just say no.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).pngimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

#15 3 years ago

Count me in only acceptable toppers are the ones that came installed from the factory...its a pinball machine not a toy shelf!

#16 3 years ago

I am a recovering also - I used to put all sorts of stupid shit on top of my games, like STUPID shit and sometimes not just on top but I would thumbtack other stupid shit to the sides of the backbox cause the just wasn't enough room for all the stupid stuff on the top. When I see pictures of some of the hideous things I did to the games 10-12 years ago I'm embarrassed. I have since burned all of them and left my games in pretty much factory condition at least off the playfield. A lot of the aftermarket ones don't really appeal to me but I do recognize the talent of many of the makers - the AMH one is crazy good. And I've been buying some of the Stern ones. To me I boils down to originality anymore... So I was reformed, and now selective...

#17 3 years ago

No toppers for me unless they came with them. I just sold my TZ topper and bought a Festool system with the money and dont miss it a bit.

#18 3 years ago

I have no toppers even if they did have them factory. Hook's topper isn't even a topper. It's just a PIECE OF PLASTIC WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME ON IT. I CAN READ THE BACKGLASS, STUPID TOPPER...*stops to catch breath*... Sorry I get passionate.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I have no toppers even if they did have them factory. Hook's topper isn't even a topper. It's just a PIECE OF PLASTIC WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME ON IT. I CAN READ THE BACKGLASS, STUPID TOPPER...*stops to catch breath*... Sorry I get passionate.

I never got this, like Jurassic Park, yeah, im gonna spend 150 bucks to put the title of the game ontop of the machine that says the exact same thing as the translite...

Im okay with my topper on pinbot as it feel its part of the game, other than that ill pass

#20 3 years ago

Can we have a "No Mods" thread too? It's like not being able to quit drinking while you are still on drugs. They both have to go for you to really be clean.........

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I never got this, like Jurassic Park, yeah, im gonna spend 150 bucks to put the title of the game ontop of the machine that says the exact same thing as the translite...
    Im okay with my topper on pinbot as it feel its part of the game, other than that ill pass

At least Jurassic Park is a molded piece of plastic. DE Simpsons, TMNT, and Hook are just flat pieces of plastic. Simpsons and TMNT have a unique piece of art. Hook just has the name.

pasted_image (resized).png

#22 3 years ago

I almost started a thread to ask why people like toppers. I can't stand the things. I don't mind modding. I customized my car, and bought two pinball machines to re-theme, but never once wanted to bolt a sign or some toys to the top of the machine.

The only time something on top helps, is a cherry on a desert and that giant dead termite on top of the Dales Dead Bugs van on King of the Hill.

Edit - and.. that big tooth in Jango.

So toppers on springs, might be ok.

#23 3 years ago

I dislike toppers because they just don't many any sense to me. Plus, a topper on any one of my pins would block some record albums I have on the walls in the game room. The pins themselves already block the view of most albums along one of the walls.

#24 3 years ago

If you don't like the Whirlwind topper then you just hate joy.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

If you don't like the Whirlwind topper then you just hate joy.

I'm OK with it only if you up the motor so it actually does feel like a whirlwind. That would introduce a new challenge into the game. Playing pinball while holding on for dear life.

#26 3 years ago

So it it's a no "toppers" club does that mean your allowed to have one?

#27 3 years ago

JgnaZyj.gif

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

So it it's a no "toppers" club does that mean your allowed to have one?

are you running for president of the club? //pitchforks ready

#29 3 years ago

Cool sign, if somewhere else.image (resized).jpeg

#30 3 years ago

I like the ones that come with the game. Whirlwind, Safecracker, Whitewater, Strange Science...

Shouldn't Dominos come with an old pizza box with just a little grease showing through the bottom.

image (resized).jpeg

#31 3 years ago

I love toppers. Oh wait, sorry. I'm in wrong post. Well I guess I'll go put on another topper. Sorry!!!!

047 (resized).JPG
    020 (resized).JPG

#32 3 years ago

Flunking out.

Must have for my Pin Bot.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

I love toppers. Oh wait, sorry. I'm in wrong post. Well I guess I'll go put on another topper. Sorry!!!!

Guessing then that the only thing stopping you from topping your toppers is ceiling space!

Seriously, as a prop replica maker/collector, those are cool T1000 sculls, just would put them, well on the body of a T1000 replica!

#34 3 years ago

I like factory toppers, and factory toppers only! Is this club for me? Or do you guys hate original factory toppers too?

#35 3 years ago

Please don't hate me cause of my screen name, lol. Actually my screen name has nothing to do with pinball toppers. I have nothing against non factory toppers unless they're in good taste. I do have one non-factory topper on my Transformers Autobot LE and its from Matt McKee.

#36 3 years ago

Does dust count as a topper?

If so, then I'm guilty of both having a topper and hating it.

For those that do have them but are here agreeing, maybe you can help me understand what the allure is even with the factory toppers.

#37 3 years ago

Unless the topper came from factory I think it just junks up a game and looks stupid.

#38 3 years ago

Wow, some cool toppers in this thread!

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

Does dust count as a topper?
    If so, then I'm guilty of both having a topper and hating it.
    For those that do have them but are here agreeing, maybe you can help me understand what the allure is even with the factory toppers.

Factory toppers that are part of the game, are OK in my books......such as the flapping fish on the FishTales pin. It flaps to the different shots and modes, and adds to the overall game experience. The red revolving light on the HS Getaway pin is another....fun to have that thing going when you are in Supercharger mode. I am sure there are others, but even though I have some, I am not a big fan of them when they are not factory. Most folks tend to overdo things, and many of the pics I see remind me of the desk which belongs to "that lady" in the office that has a complete collection of troll dolls, sitting everywhere..................

#40 3 years ago

Does this count?

10931097_10203648045189066_8474829971394217982_n (resized).jpg

#41 3 years ago

Love this club. Could totally live without toppers, they're obnoxious.
    Except for the pinball on Tommy. Maybe the red light on Pinbot. TWD floating head topper is pretty cool. Neon sign on AC/DC. Oh wait, I guess I kind of like toppers.

#42 3 years ago

In an arcade toppers add to the spectacle / attraction, but they make no sense in a home collection. I had a LOTR LE with a topper and it just looked so out of place - I eventually decided to take it off. Added it back on when I sold the game. Now, none of my games have a topper and they will stay that way. If the game comes from the factory sporting a topper then I guess that is okay but I still prefer without. I am getting a GoT pro and considered the factory topper but decided that I just don't see what value it brings. That said, I enjoy adding mods and often do. On the other hand, I don't think LCD's or even dots animations in games matters all that much to the player but are more for those watching you play...

#43 3 years ago

Yea! Stupid toppers! Who needs them!

*Takes down White Water topper, burns it*

ezgif.com-crop (resized).png

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from BOBCADE:

I'm not just the 'No Topper' president, I'm also a client. This is the official I hate toppers thread to voice hate for all things topper. Not counting my Darlek, he's cool.

I'll remember to take my toppers off when you come over next time

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from jints56:

I'll remember to take my toppers off when you come over next time

No worries I won't rage them down. But feel free to have any female guests with their toppers off

#46 3 years ago

ugh:

#47 3 years ago

If you don't talk to your kids about toppers, who will?

243735.jpg

251180.jpg

#48 3 years ago

I like the factory toppers, and am pretty selective about any others (have the AMH topper, and the MM one). I don't get the whole put huge toys on the games theme. Everyone loves the big creature for the top of a CFTBL, I don't want anything like that on my machine...

#49 3 years ago

I love action figures and I don't mind putting them on display, be it a shelf, or on any flat surface that I can think of...

#50 3 years ago

Done right they are awesome, I couldn't imagine a Pinbot without the topper would just look wrong. My JP has a topper and I like it. I'm, thinking about getting the horns for my AC/DC if I can find them. That being said some toppers especially homemade ones can be way to much and look terrible but to each their own.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.99
    $ 249.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 89.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 64.00
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 41.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 208.87
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside