Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 388 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2240 (resized).JPG
    slacker (resized).jpg
    IMG_1573 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170409_165531430 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1107 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0035 (resized).PNG
    Zombie Dust (resized).jpg
    tmp_30995-IMG_20170406_1510361707203645.jpg
    IMAG1061 (resized).jpg
    wq2w5 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    20170404_202130 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6976 (resized).JPG
    20170223_171049 (resized).jpg
    Playfield (resized).jpg
    Backglass (resized).jpg

There are 388 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
    #351 6 years ago

I proudly did replace most of the incandescent GI bulbs with LEDs to give the game even more color! Not enough red, white, & blue spots.

You know Neo, I thought we were having a gentlemen's conversation on differing opinions.

#352 6 years ago
    Quoted from jzach:

I proudly did replace most of the incandescent GI bulbs with LEDs to give the game even more color! Not enough red, white, & blue spots.
    You know Neo, I thought we were having a gentlemen's conversation on differing opinions.

Neo just hates color LEDs in anything. Game played great JonZ and that is all that matters

#353 6 years ago

404 plays on the old Sweet Hearts machine. Realistically, it was probably more like 390 actual games. I walked up to check on it and had to wait for a kid that figured out how to keep multball going continuously by just pressing the start button and plunging balls! Screw flippers...those things are useless. No problems with it all weekend.

#354 6 years ago

lol

#355 6 years ago
    Quoted from u2sean:

404 plays on the old Sweet Hearts machine. Realistically, it was probably more like 390 actual games. I walked up to check on it and had to wait for a kid that figured out how to keep multball going continuously by just pressing the start button and plunging balls! Screw flippers...those things are useless. No problems with it all weekend.

we had a few people in clock chaos that actually opted for the plunge multiple balls at once strategy. It made me smile!!!

#356 6 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

No tournament lines for me. I am the dude that gave you the guns. When I sold the game it had the orange LEDS in inserts that I put in and some blue and red incandesants in the gi that were there when I bought the game. Maybe the guy you talked to changed some stuff. I didn't look close, was just trying to help get it up and running again.

I talked to someone in line for like 30 min about it and he said he did those LED's. I wasn't talking about the insert ones. those are fine. it's the GI's that were god awful.

#357 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Neo just hates color LEDs in anything. Game played great JonZ and that is all that matters

and this is untrue. Colored LED's can be used for inserts, and very very specific areas. Anytime they are used for GI's or backbox's, they ruin the artwork. My thread about why this should not be done is coming very soon, as soon as I get some really good comparison pics and many examples of why this always looks like shit. For those that don't care about art, and just like pretty xmas colors, it won't matter, but for those of us that actually want to see the art of the games, it's terrible.

#358 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and this is untrue. Colored LED's can be used for inserts, and very very specific areas. Anytime they are used for GI's or backbox's, they ruin the artwork. My thread about why this should not be done is coming very soon, as soon as I get some really good comparison pics and many examples of why this always looks like shit. For those that don't care about art, and just like pretty xmas colors, it won't matter, but for those of us that actually want to see the art of the games, it's terrible.

So am I off the hook now Neo after hearing your bitching all weekend for something I didn't do?

#359 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

So am I off the hook now Neo after hearing your bitching all weekend for something I didn't do?

nope

#360 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I agree with hilton. You still owned this for quite some time and could have fixed it. You inherited someone elses fawkup and did nothing...NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#361 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'm not looking to call anyone else out but did you see the Paragon with LEDs?

#362 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I agree with hilton. You still owned this for quite some time and could have fixed it. You inherited someone elses fawkup and did nothing...NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True but the new owner didn't care and neither did I.

#363 6 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Or the Scramble Neo did with LEDs?

#364 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

HA, jokes on you. there wasn't 1 LED in scramble.

#365 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I mean look at this thing! I think I need to call my eye doctor. Blinding!

IMG_1573 (resized).JPGIMG_1573 (resized).JPG

#366 6 years ago

those are all natural bulbs baby. See how a game can look naturally, without all this "bling" factor and still look beautiful. Hard to see the game around that big ass trophy tho.

#367 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

those are all natural bulbs baby. See how a game can look naturally, without all this "bling" factor and still look beautiful. Hard to see the game around that big ass trophy tho.

#368 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Aerosmith had 477.

Ha! GoT had 474. I guess they liked yours better...

#369 6 years ago
    Quoted from Boomer71:

First year bringing machines. Brought SP And RCT, Checked machines when I got home and found 2 cracked flipper links on RCT. Took machines out around 3 on Sunday, Luckily both held up through the show.

Thanks for bringing the RCT! I haven't seen one on location in a long time. Looked/played great.

#370 6 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I did but I didn't look closely. I think that was Jays.

#371 6 years ago
    Quoted from A_Bord:

Thanks for bringing the RCT! I haven't seen one on location in a long time. Looked/played great.

Glad to bring it. Thank you. Was happy it held up, it looked like it got enough play time.

#372 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I did but I didn't look closely. I think that was Jays.

You talkin about bangerjay? If so no he brought haunted house and firepower .

#373 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

You talkin about bangerjay? If so no he brought haunted house and firepower .

oh that's right. I saw him loading up a big ass wide cabinet, that was haunted house not paragon.

#374 6 years ago

Pretty sure I know the Paragon being discussed. Twin Cities guy. Don't know if he posts here much.

350 or so plays on Big Deal before a score reel coil ate it 2 hours before the end on Sunday. Twice had the wireform separating an outlane and inline come loose and get lodged in the drain. No idea how long things were down each time before discovering it on my own.

#375 6 years ago

I brought the Sonic Super Straight, which was sold at the after-party. I checked with the new owner, who took it down early Sunday afternoon, and it had 485 plays on it. Zero issues.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to bring games!

#376 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I *almost* always agree with you, but I will simply say back that Orbitor 1 gets oddly way better with colored LEDs.

Beyond that one, and a few specific areas on a few specific machines, I think you're absolutely right about colored LEDs in backboxes. Oh, but I will say I like colored flashers behind the artwork.

#377 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I *almost* always agree with you, but I will simply say back that Orbitor 1 gets oddly way better with colored LEDs.
    Beyond that one, and a few specific areas on a few specific machines, I think you're absolutely right about colored LEDs in backboxes. Oh, but I will say I like colored flashers behind the artwork.

orbitor 1 is a unique case where it's not really artwork and you are lighting transparent land forms. Little bit different situation.

#378 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

orbitor 1 is a unique case where it's not really artwork and you are lighting transparent land forms. Little bit different situation.

Backglass only. Underneath is a big fluorescent light.

#379 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Backglass only. Underneath is a big fluorescent light.

that's untrue. You have some other lights the strobe in the upper right, and I have some on the coin door that light up the back arch area. Using orange, red and yellow LED's in these areas really enhances the playfield in the right spots.

#380 6 years ago

FWIW I did color led's in the backbox of black hole and think it really adds to it. Makes it really pop.

Huh it's been a while since anyone posted about Harlem Orange Trotters.

#381 6 years ago
    Quoted from u2sean:

I walked up to check on it and had to wait for a kid that figured out how to keep multball going continuously by just pressing the start button and plunging balls! Screw flippers...those things are useless.

I saw my son do that, but had him drain them all right away.

#382 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

What a slacker.

#383 6 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

What a slacker.

Indeed.....Slacker McFly......Slacker

slacker (resized).jpgslacker (resized).jpg

#384 6 years ago

Thanks Spooky

IMG_2240 (resized).JPGIMG_2240 (resized).JPG

#385 6 years ago

least you can find him when the lights are out.

#386 6 years ago

Finally got around to putting Spring Break back up this past weekend. Playfield definitely needed a good cleaning after MGC... 467 plays, average playing time 3:00minutes Location on the floor must have had something to do with it since it only had ~300 plays the last two years.

#387 6 years ago
    Quoted from mr2xbass:

Finally got around to putting Spring Break back up this past weekend. Playfield definitely needed a good cleaning after MGC... 467 plays, average playing time 3:00minutes Location on the floor must have had something to do with it since it only had ~300 plays the last two years.

It definitely caught my eye right on the end of the row. Gave it a couple good plays. Pretty interesting and unique game!

#388 6 years ago

Hey guys - Sorry for the delay in getting caught up here. Lots going on in the real world!

First, we do try and text or call people when we notice a game is misbehaving or is turned off. I would also encourage anyone else who notices to help us out! We do encourage people to put their number on the tag when they register the game.

Second, here's the winners from the weekend.

Keith

PEOPLE'S CHOICE (voted on by your fellow collectors at the after party, trophy awarded overnight)
    Best EM Pinball - Space Odyssey
    Best SS pre-DMD Pinball - Viking
    Best DMD Pinball - Circus Voltaire
    Best single player vid - Reactor
    Best multi-player vid - Cosmotrons
    Best light gun vid - Jurassic Park III
    Best racing vid - Rush the Rock (far left unit)
    Best other style pinball - Zombie League Baseball
    Best new game of the year - Total Annihilation
    Best vendor of the year - Spooky Pinball

MGC BEST OF AWARDS (voted on by committee, must be present at 4:30 on Sunday, trophy and $100 cash award, two per category)
    (note: there were other games that the committee felt should have won, but were not around at 4:30)
    Best EM Pinball - El Toro and Space Odyssey
    Best SS pre-DMD Pinball - Vector and Whirlwind
    Best DMD Pinball - Flintstones and AMH
    Outstanding Original - Total Annihilation and Batting Practice
    Best Other Pin Style - Zombie League Baseball and Slugfest
    Best single player vid - Tempest and (I can't read my writing but I remember it being downstairs)
    Best multi-player vid - Cosmotrons and Rampart
    Best racing vid - Rush the Rock (both game bringers, one was 2 and the other 3, each got one)
    Best mod - Tailgate Party (Nintendo mod) and Le Retata
    Best Unique or Rare - Scramble and "Pumba"

There are 388 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-mgc-what-are-you-bringing-thread/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.