(Topic ID: 87183)

Official MGC pictures, updates, news thread!

By Whysnow

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 308 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by animesuperj
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

063.JPG
    062.JPG
    061.JPG
    059.JPG
    060.JPG
    057.JPG
    058.JPG
    053.JPG
    051.JPG
    048.JPG
    047.JPG
    046.JPG
    045.JPG
    042.JPG
    044.JPG
    040.JPG
    There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 10 years ago

Blueshirt gave Jediturtle and I a rules break down while we were playing Zombies. There is a skill shot where you have to hit three switches where you bank left, right, left. Very cool.

#202 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

Trophy!!!! that was a fun after party!

20140413_013401.jpg 182 KB

That is one helluva trophy Beyotch right there.

Hey Flanker, she needs to stick her tongue out and she'll have that blurred lines/miley thing nailed.

#203 10 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

The MGC was honestly just an impressive thing to see. That classic computer/console room was simply amazing.

Had SO MANY flashbacks seeing all the old games I grew up with! Boulderdash, M.U.L.E, and 100 others.

Quoted from tamoore:

I'm not sure I'd go back due to the logistics, but I'm sure glad I went.

Group rate on the rooms was ~$90/night. So glad I stayed Friday and Saturday night even though I only live 40 minutes away.

My kids got all excited when we saw the Spooky Pinball trailer in Johnson Creek on our way home. You guys ROCK!

Couple more pics. Eric working hard while Kingpin slacks off playing LoTR with Chris watching.

100_4728.JPG100_4728.JPG

Dan talking with the Spooky guys.

100_4730.JPG100_4730.JPG

Styx and Garret. Congrats to Styx on placing very high in A division!

100_4768.JPG100_4768.JPG

The Dude.

100_4771.JPG100_4771.JPG

Pauly B!

100_4777.JPG100_4777.JPG

tmac killing daleks

100_4773.JPG100_4773.JPG

#204 10 years ago

What a weekend. Got home around 11:30 last night. Had to drive 40 most of the way home because of the driving rain and high winds wanting to take my little Jeep and trailer for a ride. Finally got home to find the gutters overflowing and water pouring into the basement through (drumroll please)...my breaker box. That was exciting. But anyway, made it home safe and sound and just have to get the pins back into the basement today. Thank God I learned my lesson about taking the Monday after off of work, LOL!

I know it was one of Dan's worst years ever, but I have to say it was the arcade room's best year ever! New room, tons more games, lots of new helpers who saved our asses, and an amazing finished product.

Thank you so much to Dan and Gary for making all this happen. To Steve and Keith for the pure dedication. To Brian, Tom, Corey, Hilton, Mark, and others I'm sure I am forgetting for really stepping up and helping us out this year. We would have been lost without you guys. To Aaron for the afterparty and a million other things. I'm missing lots of people I am sure. And of course to everyone who brought games, both collectors and vendors, to fill that big crazy hall. Together we made something really special happen, and seeing peoples faces as they walked in for the first time and took it all in was priceless and worth all the effort.

I'm beat. Time to get those pins in the basement and then crash for the rest of the day, LOL! I really hope everyone had fun!

#205 10 years ago

Something fun for Monday morning, thanks BretButler!

unnamed.pngunnamed.png

#206 10 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Thanks for coming out, everyone.

I don't know about any of the drama (and it's impossible to pull an event like this off without plenty of it), but this is hands down the coolest show running & everything about this set up was perfect. Great job this year, man. Thank you for the hard work. Now get some rest!

#207 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Too tired to post them all now, but here are a few of my favorites. I think I saw moderator BlondeTall in one of them

I tried gimping over to get in that first picture but i wasn't fast enough. Unintentional photobomb right there, i tell you hwhat.

#208 10 years ago

Thanks to everyone who made the show possible, those who brought a game and (the key) spent time keeping them going all day. The variety was awesome for both pins and vids, kids actually loved all the classic shooting and fighting games. My first time so I can't compare to past events, but was just amazed how well things went from a participants perspective. Great job all who spent their whole weekend + hosting an awesome event!

#209 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I'd love to see photos of this. We apparently walked into Rob's store just minutes after this occurred.

Pictures are a necessity. This was the single craziest thing that's happened at a show I've seen in awhile.

The show gets better every year and I'm in awe of everyone involved. Many organizers can learn a lot by watching how Dan and crew (everyone!) treat their guests, vendors, helpers, volunteers, friends, etc. A huge standing-O to everyone involved!!

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#210 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

last one of Steve and Charlie. Hopefully these give some people a glimpse into a cool little exchange and what Zombies is looking like.
    » YouTube video

That makes Ironman look slow.

#211 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

unnamed.png 444 KB

OMG Pepsi is coming out of my nose right now.

#212 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

unnamed.png 444 KB

even better than you and trophy on the centaur backglass! well played, sir.

edit: that literally makes her a trophybeyotch, doesn't it?

#213 10 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Pictures are a necessity. This was the single craziest thing that's happened at a show I've seen in awhile.

Was bangerjay wearing his singlet?

#214 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Was bangerjay wearing his singlet?

Not for long!

#215 10 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

The show gets better every year and I'm in awe of everyone involved. Many organizers can learn a lot by watching how Dan and crew (everyone!) treat their guests, vendors, helpers, volunteers, friends, etc. A huge standing-O to everyone involved!!
    --

Man, i was right next door and didn't hear anything about this. What happened?

#216 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

LMFAO!!!

#217 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

unnamed.png 444 KB

This is exactly what Deacon's wife thinks happens to all of the singles he loses at these events...

#218 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

unnamed.png 444 KB

That's like the weekends two best photos combined into one.

#219 10 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Man, i was right next door and didn't hear anything about this. What happened?

It was fast, it was hot, and my leg got humped.

#220 10 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

No pictures Joe!

who said there were pictures??

#221 10 years ago
    Quoted from He-Man40:

Please Joe, pictures!

cant put the blackmail photos in public domain... I mean what photos?

#222 10 years ago

Oh man. I'm sitting here with my head still buzzing. What a great weekend. Every year is better than the last. I met so many great people and having a table and an excuse to talk to pinheads all weekend is such a privilege.

Also, being able to solidify relationships with people who have gone from familiar faces in the crowd to people I would consider friends is priceless.

MGC is the only show where we are already talking about what we're going to do next year on the way up to this year's show.

Thanks again to EVERYONE who makes this show happen.

#223 10 years ago

I had a great time as well!!

Gotta head to work but I agree with all of the above. Will post more later.

Thanks to all who brought games!

Thanks to the set-up team!

Thanks to Dan & Gary!

Thanks to all who came and enjoyed!

Extra special Thanks to those who stuck around to the bitter end making sure everyone was loaded! We didn't leave until 10pm!

#224 10 years ago

Eric working hard while Kingpin slacks off playing LoTR with Chris watching.

In the business we call that "testing". You can "test a game all day long, but if you get caught playing then you get in trouble.

Thanks to everyone for stopping by the booth and saying hi! Countdown to pinball life crazy October event!

#225 10 years ago
    Quoted from dkpinball:

Oh man. I'm sitting here with my head still buzzing. What a great weekend. Every year is better than the last. I met so many great people and having a table and an excuse to talk to pinheads all weekend is such a privilege.
    Also, being able to solidify relationships with people who have gone from familiar faces in the crowd to people I would consider friends is priceless.
    MGC is the only show where we are already talking about what we're going to do next year on the way up to this year's show.
    Thanks again to EVERYONE who makes this show happen.

Are we friends?

#226 10 years ago

Great time. Brought a pin for the first time( it found a new home), learned a few things. If you drink all day Friday, Clock Chaos goes by quickly. If your wife comes and falls in love with WOZ, it becomes a very expensive show.

#227 10 years ago

Worth mentioning is a big thanks to KinPin. He brought a semi and a trailer full of many pins, including 3 WOZ.

I also grabbed a video of what I am hoping is a sneak peak in the Hobbit topper (on LOTR in the WOZ row and brought by a JJP distributor)?
    Super cool and interactive. Was wired to the pops on LOTR and I would assume this is a feeler. Definately a huge improvement over the WOZ 'interactive' topper!

Seems like a perfect fit for hobbit also?

#228 10 years ago

218713.png218713.png

Poor cut and paste job, but.. yeah

#229 10 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Are we friends?

Yes. Benefits to be named later.

#230 10 years ago

this needs to turn in to an epic MGC mash up by some one with photoshop skills.

I submit this one again for addition.
    P4130716.JPGP4130716.JPG

#231 10 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

Poor cut and paste job, but.. yeah

No, its perfect, MnHotrod looks like he is ready to catch something!

#232 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Worth mentioning is a big thanks to KinPin. He brought a semi and a trailer full of many pins, including 3 WOZ.
    I also grabbed a video of what I am hoping is a sneak peak in the Hobbit topper (on LOTR in the WOZ row and brought by a JJP distributor)?
    Super cool and interactive. Was wired to the pops on LOTR and I would assume this is a feeler. Definately a huge improvement over the WOZ 'interactive' topper!
    Seems like a perfect fit for hobbit also?
    » YouTube video

This is a topper strictly for LOTR sold by BackAlleyCreations that just happened to be on a game owned by KingPin, nothing more nothing less. Now maybe Jack will take notice of this awesome design and approach them about making it or a similar one for the Hobbit.........one can only hope.

#233 10 years ago

I wanted to share what is likely the highlight of the entire weekend for me.

My friend Lou flew in for the weekend from NJ, but because I am so frantic and all over the place the entire weekend doing stuff I did not get to spend as much time with him as I would like. Sunday morning I was walking by the bar area and saw Lou and John Trudeau waiting to be seated. They just happened to be both waiting to sit individually. Next thing I know John asked us both to sit with him for breakfast. We had a really nice conversation with him spanning things from the history of pinball and some of his games to what it is like being back in the world of pinball to what is coming up with game #2 for him to chatting about design ideas I have had for a future 1 off game.

John is a seriously nice guy and I am really looking forward to many more games from him at Stern. I got the impression that game #1 earned him a little more room to have some fun and maybe do some unique JohnT. type design features for game number 2.

Was a really cool experience and even better that I got to do it with Lou!

#234 10 years ago

Both machines that I brought seemed to have someone on them every time I walked by, now grant it there weren't any lines of people waiting to play them.

Audit for WWF: 360 plays

I am not even sure if System 11 games have audits but if they do, I wish I would have checked High Speed before I sold it.

Thank you to everyone that brought a machine. I need to do less talking and more playing next time though!!

#235 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I wanted to share what is likely the highlight of the entire weekend for me.
    My friend Lou flew in for the weekend from NJ, but because I am so frantic and all over the place the entire weekend doing stuff I did not get to spend as much time with him as I would like. Sunday morning I was walking by the bar area and saw Lou and John Trudeau waiting to be seated. They just happened to be both waiting to sit individually. Next thing I know John asked us both to sit with him for breakfast. We had a really nice conversation with him spanning things from the history of pinball and some of his games to what it is like being back in the world of pinball to what is coming up with game #2 for him to chatting about design ideas I have had for a future 1 off game.
    John is a seriously nice guy and I am really looking forward to many more games from him at Stern. I got the impression that game #1 earned him a little more room to have some fun and maybe do some unique JohnT. type design features for game number 2.
    Was a really cool experience and even better that I got to do it with Lou!

I saw you in the booth with him and your buddy when I was getting a coffee refill - I was like damn...how cool is that!

Got to talk to John late morning on Sunday as he was signing something for me - asked him some pointed questions on the business history of the business - to which he was really open about discussing. He's a really down to earth guy.

#236 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

unnamed.png 444 KB

meow that's funny

centerflank+2trophies-v2.jpgcenterflank+2trophies-v2.jpg

#237 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Awesome time. Exhausted. Great time as usual. CFTBL is in DA House.
    Great seeing everyone.
    I was so out of it, I didn't know John Borg was standing right next to me. Had a great conversation with him.
    Tom.

Congrats on the Creech. If you ever decide to move on, old Fireballs will probably be hanging out here still. I'd have brought him and his flaming cock, but didn't get to hit the road until after 3pm.

#238 10 years ago

It was great meeting most of you guys up at MGC. Played a lot of Addams Family and Flanks Spiderman. High light of the weekend was having John Trudeau sign my BOP and Flintstones translites. Talked with John Popadiuk for about 30 minutes was pretty cool as well.

If anyone has that picture of me laying (fake passed out) under my BOP please post, I want to show my wife. I think it was taken by the gent who brought AC/DC and Metallica.

#239 10 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

I think it was taken by the gent who brought AC/DC and Metallica.

Sounds like pinheadpuckguy aka eric?

#240 10 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Sounds like pinheadpuckguy aka eric?

Yeah, Eric. He fed me beer so you would think I would remember his name.

#241 10 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

I think it was taken by the gent who brought AC/DC and Metallica.

Man those games were SWEET! Especially the Metallica. Eric was chill as hell too! But he never *fed* me any beer. Probably because I had a never ending Bacardi and Coke in my hands.

Post edited by PinballKen: Edited for accuracy!

#242 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

But he never bought me any beer.

he MADE beer!

#243 10 years ago

Thanks Dave. Post edited for accuracy.

#244 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Man those games were SWEET! Especially the Metallica. Eric was chill as hell too! But he never *fed* me any beer. Probably because I had a never ending Bacardi and Coke in my hands.
    Post edited by PinballKen: Edited for accuracy!

7376012_sma.jpg7376012_sma.jpg

#245 10 years ago

All I can say is, there's only one day a year an old guy like me stays up until 2:00 AM and that's at the MGC!!

By far the best 24 hour crash and burn pinball show my friends and I go to. Anyone willing to organize something like this is totally INSANE!! There, I said it, Dan. You're INSANE!!

Signed, official beer sponsor of the MGC after party.

Quoted from Whysnow:

this needs to turn in to an epic MGC mash up by some one with photoshop skills.
    I submit this one again for addition.

P4130716.JPG 139 KB

#246 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

All I can say is, there's only one day a year an old guy like me stays up until 2:00 AM and that's at the MGC!!
    By far the best 24 hour crash and burn pinball show my friends and I go to. Anyone willing to organize something like this is totally INSANE!! There, I said it, Dan. You're INSANE!!
    Signed, official beer sponsor of the MGC after party.

Thanks for bringing the beer Bryan and that was one sweet looking Fish Tales cabinet. I wish you luck with it!

Chris

#247 10 years ago

I brought alone 2 new kids this year. The ride home sunday they both started planning out how they could convince their parents to let them go again. My son and I had a GREAT time for our 2nd year. Looking forward to the next year. Possibly going to get my dad to set up in the Vendor tent, bring a big ass uhaul full of more games and product.

#248 10 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

If anyone has that picture of me laying (fake passed out) under my BOP please post, I want to show my wife. I think it was taken by the gent who brought AC/DC and Metallica.

I took it. It is blurry has hell. Too much 2 Gingers and Twisted Enkel for me I guess. Sorry Dantebean. I hope everyone liked the beer. I'll take requests next year for what styles to make.

#249 10 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Thank you to everyone who voted for Sorcerer , Best in Show Solid State . Some great scores put on it during the show also , and I saw someone in the Clock Chaos tourney rolled it , Nice!

P1010322.JPG 303 KB

P1010324.JPG 213 KB

That score was a mistake. Ted didn't get 10 million and change, he got 1 million and change. It was entered wrong. Since the scoring was 100, 99, 98, etc. it didn't affect the outcome for anyone else though. It wasn't that nice to me in Clock Chaos, but of course afterwards I put up a 5.9 million score on it in the main hall. It was really a beautiful machine.

#250 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I took it. It is blurry has hell. Too much 2 Gingers and Twisted Enkel for me I guess. Sorry Dantebean. I hope everyone liked the beer. I'll take requests next year for what styles to make.

nutbrown always gets my vote! Also if anyone wants fresh hops I will have all you can pick come Septemberish. May be extra incentive for some to come to MadRollin this year?

There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-mgc-pictures-updates-news-thread/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.