Official MGC pictures, updates, news thread!

Started 10 months ago by Whysnow in forum Events and locations > Events.

Official MGC pictures, updates, news thread!

Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders. Click the star to add it to your favorites.

By Whysnow

10 months ago

Stats

• Started 10 months ago
  • 308 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by animesuperj

Posting activity (per day)

Apr 11th
60 posts
Apr 12th
65 posts
Apr 13th
36 posts
Apr 14th
74 posts
Apr 15th
17 posts
Apr 16th
33 posts
Apr 17th
14 posts
Apr 18th
8 posts
Apr 19th
No posts
Apr 20th
No posts
Apr 21st
1 post

There are 308 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
10 months, 3 weeks ago

^^^^can someone identify the suspects in the photo for some of us newbies....

10 months, 3 weeks ago
Betelgeuse said:

Found this video walkthru posted on youtube...

Thanks - saw me and my boys on the motorcycle arcade game

10 months, 3 weeks ago
burningman said:

^^^^can someone identify the suspects in the photo for some of us newbies

LINEUP.jpg
a. kevin from skit-b
b. ben heck
c. Charlie emery from spooky pinball
d. steve ritchie
e.
f. john trudeau
g. Jpop
h.
i. Nate from coast to coast pinball

10 months, 3 weeks ago
toyotaboy said:

a. kevin from skit-b
b. ben heck
c. Charlie emery from Spooky pinball
d. steve ritchie
e.
f. john trudeau
g. Jpop
h.
i. Nate from coast to coast pinball

LINEUP.jpg 34 KB

Pretty sure e. is Greg Freres and h. is Tanio Klyce

10 months, 3 weeks ago
Rarehero said:

These were my guesses as well, got sniped looking up Tanio's last name.

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Trophy!!!! that was a fun after party!

20140413_013401.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

10 months, 3 weeks ago
Rarehero said:

And the big bald head..... Me

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Nice pic of "trophy", beats looking at the motley looking crew on stage

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Your Midwest Gaming Classic B division champion Dave B!image-149.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Congrats Dave B! Nice to see Wisconsin represented

Do you know how A ended up?

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Here are some MGC podcasts by Nate from Coast to Coast pinball from over the weekend.............

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-76-midwest-gaming-classic-day-1-or-wisconsin-gets-spooky_15413

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-75-spooky-in-the-bar-or-j-pop-has-heard-about-me_15367

If you have Facebook, go ahead and like his page here...........

https://www.facebook.com/coast2coastpinball

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Photos from MGC 2014.

MGC 2014 - Hi-Rez Photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mnhotrods/sets/72157643921094475/

IMG_6242.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6241.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6240.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6238.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6237.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6236.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6235.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6234.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6233.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6232.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6231.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6230.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6229.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6228.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6227.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6226.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6225.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6224.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6223.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6222.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6221.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6220.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6219.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6218.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6217.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6216.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6215.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6214.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6213.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6212.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6210.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6209.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6208.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6207.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_6206.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

10 months, 3 weeks ago
PinballKen said:

Your Midwest Gaming Classic B division champion Dave B!

image-149.jpg 158 KB

Congrats Dave. That rules.

Congrats to also looking a little crazed.

how close was the final?

chris

10 months, 3 weeks ago

great pix, thanx.

10 months, 3 weeks ago
retired_user_101 said:

any pinsider people pix ?

Too tired to post them all now, but here are a few of my favorites. I think I saw moderator BlondeTall in one of them

100_4772.JPG (Click image to enlarge) 100_4766.JPG (Click image to enlarge) 100_4763.JPG (Click image to enlarge) 100_4760.JPG (Click image to enlarge) 100_4757.JPG (Click image to enlarge) 100_4741.JPG (Click image to enlarge) 100_4739.JPG (Click image to enlarge) 100_4736.JPG (Click image to enlarge) 100_4724.JPG (Click image to enlarge) 100_4720.JPG (Click image to enlarge) 100_4717.JPG (Click image to enlarge) 100_4716.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

10 months, 3 weeks ago
PinballKen said:

image-149.jpg 158 KB

Man, for some reason I have trophy envy....

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Awesome time. Exhausted. Great time as usual. CFTBL is in DA House.
Great seeing everyone.
I was so out of it, I didn't know John Borg was standing right next to me. Had a great conversation with him.
Tom.

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Great pics! Anybody have the link to the C2C panel interview today?

10 months, 3 weeks ago
PinballKen said:

image-149.jpg 158 KB

Congrats to Dave....a great acomplishment. Also to Tom for the CC win!

Just got home and I'm beat, but well worth it.

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Congrats to Dave. First Place baby!

10 months, 3 weeks ago
dantebean said:

And the big bald head..... Me

The guy in front of you shooting video with iphone......me.

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Back home. I think I will try and get some sleep now.

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Thanks for the congrats! I guess I outplayed my ability today.

Congrats to Tom for a great final game on Super Soccer to take the Clock Chaos championship!

Dave Hegge won A-Division finals. He and Josh Hendersen had a pretty epic battle on Metallica, Dave had something like 130m (over 100m on the first ball), and Josh put up near 80m on his last ball to post the GC score of 150m. Dave had a great game on Super Soccer to seal A-Division champ.

Thanks so much for the crew that helps get this show together, and run so smooth! This was the best MGC I've been to. The new games hall is such an improvement. I can't wait til next year!

10 months, 3 weeks ago
Deaconblooze said:

Congrats to Tom for a great final game on Travel Time to take the Clock Chaos championship!

Fixed it for you.

Although I had a great qualifier on Super Soccer to get into the A-Division.

Now Neo owns two tournament games.

Congrats Dave on the big win.

10 months, 3 weeks ago

In the Line-up picture. That Bald head in the bottom left corner is my dome!

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Ok Audits! How many plays on your game at MGC, go!

10 months, 3 weeks ago

I have to say that seeing Tom knocking Trent out of 1st in the Clock Chaos finals was one of my many highlights of MGC! Trent had previously asked if he even needed to be present at the end to win the event as he thought he was so good (overly confident I guess) that there was no need for him to even replay one of the games.

Go WI! So great to see lots of locals really getting so much better in the competitive side of things!

10 months, 3 weeks ago
tmac said:

HAHAHAHA!! Mine is in the van and not coming out til tomorrow! Did check once while working on some bugs and it was at 279. Probably not many after that considering a flipper fault.

10 months, 3 weeks ago
tmac said:

Oh one got started already.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-audits

10 months, 3 weeks ago
PinballKen said:

Too tired to post them all now, but here are a few of my favorites. I think I saw moderator BlondeTall in one of them

I was looking for a Twin Win somewhere since that is how I was 'spotted' in Texas, then saw there was actually a tall blonde chick playing. Lol. Sadly, not me. I am still here in my pinball desert but hoping to get to the Southern Fried Pinball Expo in Atlanta in June and Free Play in Orlando in Nov.

Thanks to everyone for posting pics, stories, reviews, etc for those of those that couldn't be there! It looks like tons of fun.

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Was a great time, I also was slacking on taking pics, Banger helped out on the aerial photos....Im worn out.

Great job Goatdan-Tully-Jazman-Jediturtle + all the other MGC people I dont know.

The newer Stern row is my fav pic but who the hell put CSI in there?

Also, Nice job to the jaghole who parked his truck in the loading dock the entire damn day so Kingpin couldn't load up, what a prick. Thats some bullshit right there.

DSC08605.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

DSC08604.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

DSC08606.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

DSC08611.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

DSC08613.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

10 months, 3 weeks ago
centerflank said:

Was a great time, I also was slacking on taking pics, Banger helped out on the aerial photos....Im worn out.

dang, BangerJ must be a lot taller than i thought

10 months, 3 weeks ago

That is some sweet armor on that Met. Not a fan of the speaker grill though.

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Thank you to everyone who voted for Sorcerer , Best in Show Solid State . Some great scores put on it during the show also , and I saw someone in the Clock Chaos tourney rolled it , Nice!

P1010322.JPG (Click image to enlarge) P1010324.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Wow, looks like an awesome show. I really hope to make it there some day. I am completely stoked to see, hear more about pinball zombies.
The few pics and the short vid Nate has posted in youtube are very cool. It looks like a fun and unique layout. Most definitely a breath of fresh air for pinball. Keep up the good work team spooky.

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Thanks for coming out, everyone. For those of you keeping tally of the organizer drama that happened this year, I just got home (310am), our trucks got pulled over for suspicious activity, the rain probably ruined at least 500 of merchandise, and my basement has a ton of water all over stuff.

This was I think the toughest year to organize, but the result was incredible due to everyone else who put in work to make this what it was. I don't know how or if we can top it, and after the constant cluster... that was this year, I'm not sure that I want to try. I'm going to take a few days to relax and then we'll figure that out. I'm sure we'll do another show, I just need some time to actually recoup from all the crap this year caused by circumstances.

Again, thanks to everyone. The show itself was the best show I've ever run, hands down, ignoring the crap. We together entertained around 8000 people (no idea final count). I couldn't and definitely wouldn't do this without you.

10 months, 3 weeks ago
retired_user_101 said:

dang, BangerJ must be a lot taller than i thought

He's huge, he was all pumped up from the wrestling.

10 months, 3 weeks ago

No pictures Joe!

10 months, 3 weeks ago
calvin12 said:

He's huge, he was all pumped up from the wrestling.

I'd love to see photos of this. We apparently walked into Rob's store just minutes after this occurred.

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Please Joe, pictures!

10 months, 3 weeks ago

My beer went fast. Twisted Enkel lasted 1 1/2 hours at best. Thanks everybody for the compliments. I love making beer for my pinball friends

10 months, 3 weeks ago

» YouTube video

Videos I shot were crap quality but some may enjoy still?

First one is a quick set of PZfbtG (Zombies is my preferred short hand)

10 months, 3 weeks ago
pinheadpuckguy said:

My beer went fast. Twisted Enkel lasted 1 1/2 hours at best. Thanks everybody for the compliments. I love making beer for my pinball friends

I had a cup and it was the best beer I had all weekend and I sampled many kinds. Very tasty, thanks for bringing it.

10 months, 3 weeks ago

I got a few of Charlie explaining some general rules to Steve while he was playing a game with a few people.

» YouTube video

10 months, 3 weeks ago

I post these with permission from Charlie FWIW

10 months, 3 weeks ago

I came. I saw. I drank a gallon of wine.

Thanks to everyone who helped put this event together. I had a blast again. Too many memories to list!

10 months, 3 weeks ago

video 2 with Charlie and Steve
» YouTube video

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Had a good time at the show. It was a Whirlwind trip for me, as I left home at 4:00 AM on Saturday morning, and left for home at 3:30 AM Sunday morning.

The MGC was honestly just an impressive thing to see. That classic computer/console room was simply amazing. I took my brother along, and he really enjoyed seeing it.

I'm not sure I'd go back due to the logistics, but I'm sure glad I went.

Thanks to the organizers for putting it on, and thanks to the Pinsiders who brought games to play.

10 months, 3 weeks ago

last one of Steve and Charlie. Hopefully these give some people a glimpse into a cool little exchange and what Zombies is looking like.

» YouTube video

10 months, 3 weeks ago

Tony will likely not remember this picture, but worth sharing. This was around 2am at after party.

P4130716.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

There are 308 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.