(Topic ID: 43439)

SOLD OUT! Mad Rollin Pinball 2013 >20 games + WOZ!!!!!!!!

By Whysnow

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20130914_09_54_19_Panorama.jpg
    WP_20130914_10_58_00_Pro.jpg
    WP_20130914_15_23_56_Pro.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1567.jpg
    IMG_1566.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20130913_161334.jpg
    0912132044.jpg
    0912132039.jpg
    DSC09414.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jpolfer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#185 10 years ago

Extremely surprised there are still spots open...

I'll do another post on the Milwaukee Pinball Academy group.

The overlap between the SE WI people on Pinside and the folks I play with regularly in Milwaukee is basically just myself and mattenno.

2 weeks later
    #210 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

'Classic' is really just a term for a second mini tourney within the confines of the main event IFPA basically treats it as a separate event worth halfish of the points of the main event. I am not sure of the exact points stuff, but the take home message = more fun and more ifpa points available at the same event.

While I believe the above is true IFPA-wise, usually classic tournaments include 'classic' games only. How you define classic depends on the tournament.

At PAPA, they define classic as a game released 20 years or more than the current tournament year. Hence, Fish Tales, Addams Family, Jurassic Park and other early DMD games would be classified as 'classic' under that definition.

At Expo 2012, it was EMs and early SS games. No alphanumerics.

At America's Playable Arcade 2012, it consisted of a single EM, with two attempts to qualify.

At the Lafayette tournament I went to Dec 2012, it was an EM and an early SS, two attempts to qualify on each.

At Waun-a-Pinball 2013, it was Monopoly, two attempts to qualify.

I imagine you could have any number of side-tournaments for points. I should ask if there's a limit sometime.

1 month later
    #337 10 years ago

I so want to win Jediturtle's tutorial. For Reals.

I want to learn some leveling-fu.

2 weeks later
    #367 10 years ago

If anyone needs a ride from Milwaukee, I have spots for two. PM me for more info.

#373 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

In case anyone wants to see the draft score card for Pingolf...

I have attached it. Feel free to provide suggested improvements.

I like the score card. Glad you have the instructions on there.

1 week later
    #446 10 years ago

Thinking out loud here...

I like the idea of having feature-based goals in principle, but a difficulty we might run into is how to ensure a player has truly completed those goals.

On FT, there's no indicator or instant info page indicating you played Feeding Frenzy, started multiball, or played the video mode and took out 15 boats.

On TAF, starting 4 mansion rooms can be easily seen (just check the mansion inserts).

On WCS, doesn't the instant info indicate how many goals you've gotten?

You'd have to have a scorekeeper or another player watching to ensure that it happened. But for this pin-golf we all have a partner who is motivated to ensure we meet goals as quickly as possible, so as to get a good ranking (last two pingolfs I played in didn't have that). Considering the way the groups work, I think those feature goals are doable.

I like it.

#456 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

If my FT example just seems like too much I am of course open to feedback. I do appreciate your insight Jon!

I think your original FT goals are fine - it'll work with the format you have selected.

Every other PinGolf I've been to has had one goal per machine (I have a sample size of 2 though... lol), and I saw how they worked. So I was just thinking out loud about what made this one different...

I like the idea of feature-based goals a lot. It gives the players something to think about other than high scores.

Looking forward to playing with everyone on Saturday!

#471 10 years ago
    Quoted from mattenno:

If anyone wants to play in this, I need a teammate. Message me/post here right away.

mattenno's skills are excellent! Anyone pairing up for Brawl with him will be getting a great partner. His IFPA record doesn't show it, but Matt has gotten 1st place in local tournaments here in Milwaukee more times than I've been able to keep track of.

#552 10 years ago

Overall, I thought MRP2013 was a much more fun tournament than the first one last year. The amount of crankiness and stress that the "pump n' dump" format can incite with the growing money pot wasn't there, and it felt like a much more of a fun environment to play and chat in. And the mini-tournament still provided some opportunities for cash payout. I'm a fan of charity events too.

#563 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am thinking we load in on Thursday night with preparty. Finish tweaking on Friday morning (plus a few hours of practice time for those people that bring games) and then we start competition Friday afternoon (early afternoon). Then we could do 2 groupings for pingolf and play 9 holes per group on Friday night and then flip flop and play the other 9 holes on Saturday morning. I would really love to have 18 holes to play like the real deal!

One of the things I liked about the last two years was the fact that I didn't need to take off of work (I have a 9 to 5, Monday -> Friday job), and that it was a one-day event.

In my experience most pinball folks have a wide variety of schedules, so maybe I'm just one blip in a few that would find that rather inconvenient. It does sound like a lot more fun though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jpolfer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-mad-rollin-pinball-2014-saturday-september-14th-2013?tu=jpolfer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.