(Topic ID: 43439)

SOLD OUT! Mad Rollin Pinball 2013 >20 games + WOZ!!!!!!!!

By Whysnow

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20130914_09_54_19_Panorama.jpg
    WP_20130914_10_58_00_Pro.jpg
    WP_20130914_15_23_56_Pro.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1567.jpg
    IMG_1566.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20130913_161334.jpg
    0912132044.jpg
    0912132039.jpg
    DSC09414.JPG
    There are 586 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
    #351 10 years ago

website also updated with teams/players

http://www.madrollinpinball.com/#!about-mrp/aboutPage

#352 10 years ago

Teams listed!!! Time to trash talk yet? Ok I'll start.

Warriors come out to plaaay!!!!!! Warriors come out to plaaaay!!!!!! Warriors come out to plaaaaay!!!!!! Warriors come out to plaaaaaay!!!!!!

#353 10 years ago

Prepare to have your ass Mastered!

camp-620x400.jpgcamp-620x400.jpg

#354 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

lol

#355 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Oh yeah baby! Duffman is thrusting in your general direction.

#356 10 years ago

Bring it fools!!

toasttease.jpgtoasttease.jpg

#357 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Ok I did laugh out loud on that picture!

#358 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

haha......

#359 10 years ago

Oh man, I just saw the "Fargin Iceholes" team. Now I want to change my name to the "Sneaky Bastages"! Guess there's always next year (or PinBrawl). Looking forward to this. Hope to be there by 5 or so on Friday to setup a few machines.

#360 10 years ago

BIG THANKS to Tully! WCS94 is 100% and my trouble shooting knowledge has increased X2 thanks to his generosity. Excited for MRP 2013.

IMG_1548.jpgIMG_1548.jpg

#361 10 years ago
    Quoted from DEWSHO:

has increased X2

2 x 0 is still zero, OOOOOOh I got you!

#362 10 years ago

bring your sunglasses. I got some schweet old people "wear overs" imma be bringing with me.

#363 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

2 x 0 is still zero, OOOOOOh I got you!

I knew someone was going to say that!

I was going to put + 2 for that reason. Also forgot that I'll get there friday when Corey says I get there friday.

#364 10 years ago

Great stuff Ken!!!!

Looking nice! Tully is the best!

#365 10 years ago

Anyone still needing a partner

#366 10 years ago
    Quoted from jjsrt8:

Anyone still needing a partner

Nope. Everything sold out and everyone partnered up at this time. Always a small chance that someone may not come on the day of or something may pop up for a team member since we have a handful of folks traveling in from a distance.

I have been encouraging those local enough to make the drive to be there when doors open and if any slots open up then we will backfill. Worst case, no spots open up and they can play a few tries on the mini-event (2 games).

#367 10 years ago

If anyone needs a ride from Milwaukee, I have spots for two. PM me for more info.

#368 10 years ago

Reminder >> For those bringing games!!
    I will be picking up Lou from the airport and we will be loading in my games around noon on Friday the 13th (spoookyyyy).
    Tully will also be loading in around the same time. We will have 2 carts and it should be a very easy load in since we have the back gym this year (wide doors and even an overhead door if needed).

Pull around to the back side of the parking lot. I will try to put a sign on the door noting "MRP LOAD-IN HERE"

Lou and I will be there for the rest of the day and helping with load in and setup. In an ideal scenario all games will be set up by 6pm. I understand the reality is that games will be showing up throughout the evening and some even on Saturday morning. If you are coming on Saturday morning then please try to be there by 830 so we have time to setup and tweak prior to player check in at 930 and the sharp 10am start time.

Please let me know what time you plan to load in as it will help me to plan stuff out. Also feel free to call me at anytime during the day if you need me. If you do not have my phone # then PM and I will get it to you.

Anyone have any questions, then ask away.

#369 10 years ago

In case anyone wants to see the draft score card for Pingolf...

I have attached it. Feel free to provide suggested improvements.

#370 10 years ago

i should be able to be down there around 7pm on friday night. i will try to make it earlier if possible.

#371 10 years ago

I know the waiting list is long by now but our get together was postponed. Let me know if you have an opening. Could still bring a game early Saturday morning and probably a partner if needed.

#372 10 years ago

Hey Russ,

At this point it is unlikely that any slots will open up. I believe we are 6 teams deep on the waiting list now and it does not sound like anything will be shifting.

I/We will likely need to rethink format already for next year just to accomodate more people??? I am glad things are growing but feel bad that so many are wanting to come now and we don't have the slots...

The facility is already asking about how we can continue to grow it for future years. Who knows... but maybe we can have an event that grows beyond the confines of a competition and into more of a show??? We definately have the room at the place. Electrical would be something to address but not insurmountable as I think we can currently accomodate up to 40 games? The other thing to grow is obviously more games and then try to attract some vendors. Maybe a multiple day event???

Just thinking out loud here, but I am all for making MRP into a more reasonably sized event that last more than a single day and has more games to play or multiple smaller competitions...

#373 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

In case anyone wants to see the draft score card for Pingolf...

I have attached it. Feel free to provide suggested improvements.

I like the score card. Glad you have the instructions on there.

#374 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey Russ,
    At this point it is unlikely that any slots will open up. I believe we are 6 teams deep on the waiting list now and it does not sound like anything will be shifting.
    I/We will likely need to rethink format already for next year just to accomodate more people??? I am glad things are growing but feel bad that so many are wanting to come now and we don't have the slots...
    The facility is already asking about how we can continue to grow it for future years. Who knows... but maybe we can have an event that grows beyond the confines of a competition and into more of a show??? We definately have the room at the place. Electrical would be something to address but not insurmountable as I think we can currently accomodate up to 40 games? The other thing to grow is obviously more games and then try to attract some vendors. Maybe a multiple day event???
    Just thinking out loud here, but I am all for making MRP into a more reasonably sized event that last more than a single day and has more games to play or multiple smaller competitions...

Maybe I didn't read something previously but is there a reason why the number is as limited as it is? I know you were pushing for people to sign up early but in my life that just doesn't happen. Too many family members and a job that dictate where I need to be at times.

#375 10 years ago

Short answer >> only so much time in the day which means we need to limit teams to fit it all in for golf and brawl combined format.

Long answer>>>
    Mainly we are limited to 24 teams (48 people) due to the amount of time it will take to play through pingolf AND pinbrawl.

On average a rough estimate is that it will take a 4 pack of players 1 hour to make it through 3 games of pinball. Us Wisco folks like to talk alot it seems, so play never goes as smooth as one wants for an event

12 games in pingolf means ~4 hours of play in the morning (hopefully slightly less but there will also be a game or 2 with long ball times and that will slow down everyone). It will take me a bit of time to compile scores and there will likely be a playoff or 2 with people that are tied in strokes.

Best guess is start at 10am sharp and pingolf will be done by 230pm and pinbrawl started at 3.

Pinbrawl will be 4 players and 2 games per round but fluff time between rounds getting things squared away for the next round means approximately 1 hour per round. 3 rounds = 3 hours. Brawl hopefully done by dinner time.

This then also leaves time to just hang and have fun playing pinball at the end of the night.

This is the first time I have run or helped run something in this format and I prefer to error on the side of having more time rather than being crunched. Last year we had 40 competitors and it is logistically a lot of work to juggle that many people. I am thinking this format should run a bit more hands off which means the organizers will get to have a bit more fun also, but the additional people this year will likely add some more unexpected obstacles to over come.

#376 10 years ago

Golf is 9 holes. Easy answer might be to play 9 holes instead of 12. Then there is room to expand and have a front 9 and back 9. Double the players with more time to talk. Except the poor guy keeping track of things.

#377 10 years ago

I like that idea assuming golf is deemed to be fun after this year... Of course that format change also means we would need hard commitment on a large number of games early in the planning phase.

Unfortunately, too late to make any format changes this year. However we will definitely need to reevaluate after this year and decide what the future will bring.

It really does take a village to make this thing run and I am happy to evolve it into whatever the community wants. All I really care about is growing and promoting local/regional pinball and all the great people I have met through this hobby! Well I also care about catering to both the good and not-so-good players

I am extra stoked this year that it has been a success even as a charity event. I was very nervous that some people would not be as interested if there was not $$$ to be won. It seems to have had the exact opposite effect! IMHO nothing beats the fact that a bunch of guys have pulled together to basically throw a big pinball party at a local bar and at the same time earn some $$$ for a great girl/charity. With luck (assuming radiation treatments are still going well) it sounds like Erica will be stopping by on the evening of MRP because she really wants to see all the people that have helped to support the cause. I will be honest that I think she is slightly overwhelmed by the outpouring of support.

#378 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I like that idea assuming golf is deemed to be fun after this year... Of course that format change also means we would need hard commitment on a large number of games early in the planning phase.
    Unfortunately, too late to make any format changes this year. However we will definitely need to reevaluate after this year and decide what the future will bring.
    It really does take a village to make this thing run and I am happy to evolve it into whatever the community wants. All I really care about is growing and promoting local/regional pinball and all the great people I have met through this hobby! Well I also care about catering to both the good and not-so-good players
    I am extra stoked this year that it has been a success even as a charity event. I was very nervous that some people would not be as interested if there was not $$$ to be won. It seems to have had the exact opposite effect! IMHO nothing beats the fact that a bunch of guys have pulled together to basically throw a big pinball party at a local bar and at the same time earn some $$$ for a great girl/charity. With luck (assuming radiation treatments are still going well) it sounds like Erica will be stopping by on the evening of MRP because she really wants to see all the people that have helped to support the cause. I will be honest that I think she is slightly overwhelmed by the outpouring of support.

Tell her not to be overwhelmed. I am sure all the players want is to happily accept and then get healthy.

#379 10 years ago

Yup, that is what I have told her.

#380 10 years ago

Looks good Hilton! Alec and I should be there about 4:30 Friday depending on if he is able to help me get the pin out of the basement. If not, we will have to wait for Corey on Saturday morning.

#381 10 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Golf is 9 holes. Easy answer might be to play 9 holes instead of 12. Then there is room to expand and have a front 9 and back 9. Double the players with more time to talk. Except the poor guy keeping track of things.

Real men play 18 holes of golf Russ.

#382 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Real men play 18 holes of golf Russ.

Good point.

#383 10 years ago

Good goals are IMPORTANT for good golf. The best goals have both risk and reward.

For all that are bringing games, PLEASE work this week to determine BOTH a goal and point objective that is both fun and challenging for your game. Players will then have the ability to go for the goal or the points in order to complete that hole.

The ideal objective will be reachable in 3 balls if you have a GOOD game and are a GOOD player. In other words, good players should be getting par of 3 balls on most games. Amatuer players will likely be accruing penalty strokes and starting a second game to finish some goals. Pros should not be completing goals in 1 ball everytime.

Goals should also be something that could carry over progress from 1 game to another if possible. This would mean that if you do not accomplish the goal in the 1st game you don't loss all progress. For example, on TAF a goal of "start 4 mansion rooms" would be better in theory than "tour the mansion" since progress can be additive with the first goal and the second one would reset on a second game.

I hope I am explaining that well????

#384 10 years ago

Have there been any changes to game list? Please let me know. Also if you can confirm Fri or Sat morn arrival that would be great to help determine which games will be pingolf games and which will be brawl games.

I tried to populate what I could remember off the top of my head. I feel like I am missing someone from the list also?

Current game list/ MRP philanthropic association:

1. Hilton (Whysnow) Fishtales? and Congo? >> Friday noon
    2. Sean (u2sean) 4milBC and DESimpsons Friday evening
    3. Mark (Methos) Whirlwind >> Friday evening
    4. Art (Artman) BlackOut >> Friday noonish
    5. Tully (Tullster) CFTBL? and RC? >>> Friday noon
    6. Deacon (Dave B) Pinbot >>> Friday evening?
    7. Mike (trevesism) TZ? >>> Friday evening?
    8. Chris (nmeun87007); either JY or JP plus WOZ! maye 1/2 more? >> Friday evening
    9. Dave (Davewth) 1, Jackbot Friday?
    10. Paul (paulyb18)1, RS or TS Friday evening?
    11.Steve (SSbodyman), Mystery Castle friday evening
    12. Ken (DEWSHO), WCS maybe fri even/ could be sat morn
    13. Tyler (Try2skyme). BK2K or D&D Friday evening
    14. Corey (Centerflank) LOTR Sat morn?

#385 10 years ago

We will be there fri night. Time depends on my workload that day. I assume you want the game setup as hard as possible because right now it pretty easy and still kicks my ass most of the time.

#386 10 years ago
    Quoted from ssbodyman:

We will be there fri night. Time depends on my workload that day. I assume you want the game setup as hard as possible because right now it pretty easy and still kicks my ass most of the time.

Is there a setting to put dancing skeletons on max?

#387 10 years ago

Keep the multi ball going in doom

#388 10 years ago

Great news! At least for me my dads gonna let me borrow his jeep for sat to get there no way my cars getting fixed by then. Excited 1 week away almost

#389 10 years ago
    Quoted from ssbodyman:

Glad to here you guys will be here Friday also!

Reasonably hard to limit ball time is good but since this is a slightly more casual style of play there is no need to be super crazy hard.

#390 10 years ago

I have been updating the above list with arrival times as people tell me. Glad to see we have quite a few coming Friday afternoon and evening for the preparty!!!

#391 10 years ago

Since it's golf and all, I thought I'd add a few divots to the turf.

WP_20130905_17_57_54_Pro.jpgWP_20130905_17_57_54_Pro.jpg

#392 10 years ago

My blackout doesnt have those extra ball locks. Prototype?

#393 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

9. 10. Dave (Davewth) 1, Jackbot Friday?

I don't know yet. I have someone coming friday "sometime between 7-12" to fix the foundation on my house and can't leave until they commence work.

#394 10 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

ummmm I think you may be missing a few inserts...

#395 10 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I don't know yet. I have someone coming friday "sometime between 7-12" to fix the foundation on my house and can't leave until they commence work.

Hope all is OK with the foundation! Give me a call/txt if you need a hand.

#396 10 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

I am thinking 5 ball Multiball. Yes!

#397 10 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

Those mite help leave them like that

#398 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

PLEASE work this week to determine BOTH a goal and point objective that is both fun and challenging for your game.

This is proving to be very challenging. I'm SO DAMN GOOD at my own machine that I'm having difficulty setting reasonable goals. I'll come up with a few ideas and then have you guys test them out Friday.

Quoted from TomGWI:

I am thinking 5 ball Multiball. Yes!

That would be a crazy release of balls. Thinking that first one on bottom is a goner, hope it has ball save

#399 10 years ago

Bump to make sure those that need to see it, actually see it

"Good goals are IMPORTANT for good golf. The best goals have both risk and reward.

For all that are bringing games, PLEASE work this week to determine BOTH a goal and point objective that is both fun and challenging for your game. Players will then have the ability to go for the goal or the points in order to complete that hole.

The ideal objective will be reachable in 3 balls if you have a GOOD game and are a GOOD player. In other words, good players should be getting par of 3 balls on most games. Amatuer players will likely be accruing penalty strokes and starting a second game to finish some goals. Pros should not be completing goals in 1 ball everytime.

Goals should also be something that could carry over progress from 1 game to another if possible. This would mean that if you do not accomplish the goal in the 1st game you don't loss all progress. For example, on TAF a goal of "start 4 mansion rooms" would be better in theory than "tour the mansion" since progress can be additive with the first goal and the second one would reset on a second game.

I hope I am explaining that well???? "

#400 10 years ago

I'll be there Friday evening, as will Tyler.

There are 586 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-mad-rollin-pinball-2014-saturday-september-14th-2013/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.