(Topic ID: 43439)

SOLD OUT! Mad Rollin Pinball 2013 >20 games + WOZ!!!!!!!!

By Whysnow

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20130914_09_54_19_Panorama.jpg
    WP_20130914_10_58_00_Pro.jpg
    WP_20130914_15_23_56_Pro.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1567.jpg
    IMG_1566.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20130913_161334.jpg
    0912132044.jpg
    0912132039.jpg
    DSC09414.JPG
    There are 586 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.
    #151 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am trying to see if I can get some of the mad rollin dolls (local roller derby ladies) that I know to show up for MRP!

Nice! I'll always remember roller skating and playing pinball at the same time back in the day at Skatetown!

#152 10 years ago

blast just went out on IFPA channels (twitter, facebook, ifpa.com, etc...)!

http://www.ifpapinball.com/madrollinpinballs

huge thanks to Josh and company!!!!

#153 10 years ago

bumpin it.

#154 10 years ago

in case anyone missed it, the web page has been updated with 2 new official sponsors for 2013

Ben-Heck.jpegBen-Heck.jpeg PinZombies-300x300.jpgPinZombies-300x300.jpg

#155 10 years ago

I'm looking forward to this event!!!.... Well... sorta... got to enjoy a hopefully long Summer first! Downloaded the poster and will scatter them around the area. No doubt it will sell out.

I'll know in a few weeks what games I can bring and will let you know. I'm trying to figure out some good pingolf objectives.

#156 10 years ago

Awesome Tully. I sure hope we sell out and assume we will, but a little worried that some of the hard core players may be turned of by pingolf style of play??? I guess time will tell...

We are still looking for a handful more games. Please commit now so we can plan accordingly

As a little snipit of the bonus/ fun for bringing a game...
    Anyone bringing a game gets to bring themself plus 1 other person (per game; bring 2 games and bring yourself and 2 other people) to the Friday evening preparty.

The general idea will be that we set up the games on Friday (Thursday evening drop off is fine also). I will be available thursday evening and ALL day on friday to help with set up and we should have 2 carts for easy load in. You can just drop off your game and I will personally set it up if you want, so you can get back to work or whatever else you need to attend to before the party).
    Hopefully we willl have all games set up by late afternoon.

I will personally be buying pitchers of beer/pop and pizza/brats for EVERYONE in attendance for the pre-party dinner. This is coming out of my own pocket (not from entry fees; those all go to this years charity) as a way to say thanks for everyones hard work. You can eat and drink to your hearts (bellys) content >> all on my personal dime

The goal for Friday evening is to have a blast and also finish dialing in the games. Hopefully you will come prepared with some potential goals in mind for pingolf on each of your games. Friday night will be an opportunity to play all the games and adjust the goals as needed (goals should be reachable by an average/good player in 3 balls). However, the main goal for Friday night is that we will have ~20 nice quality games and our own private little pinball club for one night with ~40 people. New friends, old friends, and PINBALL, and of course some beer.

We will likely also do a vote for the nicest game and a special prize will be given to the person that wins! (Prize is pretty sweet I must say, but it is a secret for now).

last thing for now. We are still looking for some more sponsors and honestly I am not very good at finding them, so if anyone wants to lend a hand with that and is good on the PR side please shoot me a message.

#157 10 years ago

Monday bump day.

Do we need to change something to get folks to register? or do most people just wait till closer to the event time to sign up/plan on going?

Very few of the pros that usuually travel from Chitown and Twin cities have signed up yet...

#158 10 years ago

heard the event on Spooky Pinball Podcast. Nice job!

#159 10 years ago

AWESOME!

I have not listened to the latest podcast yet. I will need to check it out. Glad to have the support of Spooky team!

#160 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Monday bump day.
    Do we need to change something to get folks to register? or do most people just wait till closer to the event time to sign up/plan on going?
    Very few of the pros that usuually travel from Chitown and Twin cities have signed up yet...

Just too early for 100% commitment. My days off or schedule could change between now and then. My plans are to be there.

#161 10 years ago

Post it to r/pinball on Reddit. Might help.

#162 10 years ago
    Quoted from DEWSHO:

Post it to r/pinball on Reddit. Might help.

what language are you speaking???

#163 10 years ago

ok, google is my friend

reddit with pinball sub group...

#164 10 years ago

I tried to post. Not sure if it went on or not.

#165 10 years ago

Looks good. Nice link to the page and even a couple of upvotes! Sorry for the earlier confusion. I asked you at Corey's Avenger party if you knew what Reddit was and you said you were familiar with the "Gone Wild" section of Reddit so I assumed you knew.

#166 10 years ago

I prefer realgirls imgur

#167 10 years ago

The reason realgirls imgur exists is because of Reddit. r/realgirls
    There is a reddit for everything.

#168 10 years ago

My gf plans to register and be my partner after graduation party the 15th this month as long as there's still spots. I like the sound of this tourney I don't think you should change it. Its still a little early for people to think to far ahead for some. I mentioned it tonight again to a few at the monthly tourney in Chicago area mite have got one or two more not counting Art already in.

#169 10 years ago

Glad you are getting the lady friend to participate also! Thanks for also putting the word out to others in your area!

#170 10 years ago

Worth saying that there will also be a mini/classics event at MRP this year. Even more opportunity for ifpa points for everyone. Classics will likely be two games and play will go on ALL day so if you get done early with pingolf or there is down time there will be the opportunity to just play more on the classics mini event. More details will be added to website as it gets closer.

#171 10 years ago

What exactly does classic mean? Not sure I can wait til MRP to get my next fix. I feel my pin whore tendencies coming back.

#172 10 years ago

'Classic' is really just a term for a second mini tourney within the confines of the main event IFPA basically treats it as a separate event worth halfish of the points of the main event. I am not sure of the exact points stuff, but the take home message = more fun and more ifpa points available at the same event.

#173 10 years ago

I'm all about the fun! And if I can cash those IFPA points in for some new pinballs or something all the better!

#174 10 years ago

Not to cloud up the tourney post, but I have finally finished my first full 3D 1/8th scale pinball model. I chose Black Knight for the first one. Full details and description underneath video. If someone wants one or a custom please just contact me. There's a whole lot of work in this so the price is fair to me more than fair. I will be offering one for a prize in the tourney Hilton you can give it out in anyway you want.

#175 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

'Classic' is really just a term for a second mini tourney within the confines of the main event IFPA basically treats it as a separate event worth halfish of the points of the main event. I am not sure of the exact points stuff, but the take home message = more fun and more ifpa points available at the same event.

My definition of a classics tourney is Solid State and Electromechanical machines.

#176 10 years ago

WOW!!! That is pretty amazing Justin!

also> yup, forgot to mention that 'classic' mini typically involves the 'classic' era of games

We actually will probably be using DMDs for the mini event because they can have bill acceptors and more easily run themselves.

#177 10 years ago

Sounds all good to me I'm ready to have some good pinball fun see some machines I haven't played and hangout with like minded pinball folks. Thanks its definitely passion and patience to make that

#178 10 years ago

I gave the tourney a shout out in my miniature pinball model thread.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/miniature-18th-scale-pinball-models-full-3d#post-924652

#179 10 years ago

Post edited by jjsrt8 : repeat post

#180 10 years ago

Bump! Hilton Mad Rollin Pinball 2013 Flyers up at the Waun-a-bowl!

#181 10 years ago
    Quoted from tmac:

Next time your there could you snap a pic for me? Need to encourage the wife to make some money from her art Thanks T!

#182 10 years ago
    Quoted from tmac:

thanks tmac!

#183 10 years ago

Keep Rollin, Rollin, Rollin, Rollin!!!

#184 10 years ago

humpday bump

Get registered fools! Just a little over 2.5 months away...

#185 10 years ago

Extremely surprised there are still spots open...

I'll do another post on the Milwaukee Pinball Academy group.

The overlap between the SE WI people on Pinside and the folks I play with regularly in Milwaukee is basically just myself and mattenno.

#186 10 years ago

Yeah, I think lots of guys just don't plan as far in advance as i would like. Sure would make things easier if people would get committed and sign up. I expect there will be a large chunk of folks that register when we are like 1 month out. I am also still assuming that we will sell out completely and a few people will be disappointed that they waited too long.

#187 10 years ago

That's why I didn't want to wait I hate disappointment so put up the money so I know I'm locked in if something comes up I made a donation. Oh well I'd rather not regret not being there when I could have. Hoping to get my car all fixed up in July and ready to go. Got major coolant leak issues I have to resolve and ball joints and a hub she's trying to fall apart on me.

#188 10 years ago

that is rough Justin... we have all been there. Maybe some of your mini $$$ will help get her back on track.

1 week later
    #189 10 years ago

Today is the day that Erica (MRP 2013 fees are going to help pay for her hospital bills) went under the knife for her surgery to remove the dreaded cancer. Please put her in your thoughts and send her positive vibes for some quick healing.

In the operating room, initial pathology apparently looked as good as it could and nothing seems to have spread to her lymp nodes.

Send her your love!

#190 10 years ago

Good vibes headed Erica's way from my whole family!

MV5BMjI1Njg5MTIwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMT.jpgMV5BMjI1Njg5MTIwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMT.jpg

#191 10 years ago

Cheers buddy!

A few more registrations rolled in tonight. Thanks for supporting MRP and Erica folks!!!

We are officially half booked at this point. A little over 2 months to go.

1 week later
    #192 10 years ago

bump for something positive to be on page 1 of pinside for a few minutes...

#193 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

bump for something positive to be on page 1 of pinside for a few minutes...

Unfortunately you are going to have to pull me and Jungle Lord from the list. Family get together scheduled out of town and I need to be there.

#194 10 years ago

2 months out!!!! THANKS AGAIN to everyone that is offering to help out by bringing a game or two. I know Erica is already blown away by the whole idea of a bunch of pinheads pitching in to help her out by putting together an event.

Time to get the game list solidified a bit. Here is the current list. We lost Rusty and Jon which means we NEED a few more games in order to get to our ultimate goal of 20. If we do not hit 20 games, then we will just limit registration to a few less total players (hoping it does not comes to that)

1. Hilton (Whysnow) Fishtales? and Congo?
    2. Chad 1 game
    3. Sean (u2sean) 4milBC and DESimpsons
    4. Mark (Methos) 2 games
    5. Art (Artman) Blackhole
    6. Tully (Tullster) at least 2!
    7. Deacon (Dave B) 1
    8. Mike (trevesism) 1
    9. Chris (nmeun87007) 2 games; JP and possibly some charity auction swag from JJP?
    10. Tony (tonythehorseheadmiddendorf) 1 game?
    11. Dave (Davewth) 1, not sure which game just yet
    12. Paul (paulyb18)1, not sure which game just yet

#195 10 years ago

I could probably bring ES if Tim ever finishes it

If not I'd have to bring WCS.

#196 10 years ago
    Quoted from DEWSHO:

I could probably bring ES if Tim ever finishes it
    If not I'd have to bring WCS.

Nothing wrong with a little WCS action....

#197 10 years ago

This sounds like a really great event! Wish we could round up a few guys and girls and make a road trip - I will definitely give it a shot.

#198 10 years ago

I plan to bring a pin not sure what -probably which ever one is playing best at the time or something from my brothers collection

#199 10 years ago
    Quoted from Speed:

This sounds like a really great event! Wish we could round up a few guys and girls and make a road trip - I will definitely give it a shot.

If you do round up a few folks that make the haul, then let me know in advance I am sure the organizers would all agree to let yall come the to Friday preparty. Just seems silly to drive all that way and not be able to go to the preparty along with the Saturday event

#200 10 years ago

Added Steve. If anyone knows titles/likely titles you are bringing please post them up.

1. Hilton (Whysnow) Fishtales? and Congo?
    2. Chad 1 game
    3. Sean (u2sean) 4milBC and DESimpsons
    4. Mark (Methos) 2 games
    5. Art (Artman) Blackhole
    6. Tully (Tullster) at least 2!
    7. Deacon (Dave B) 1
    8. Mike (trevesism) 1
    9. Chris (nmeun87007) 2 games; JP and possibly some charity auction swag from JJP?
    10. Tony (tonythehorseheadmiddendorf) 1 game?
    11. Dave (Davewth) 1, not sure which game just yet
    12. Paul (paulyb18)1, not sure which game just yet
    13.Steve (SSbodyman), bringing 1 of hos or Doot's pins

There are 586 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-mad-rollin-pinball-2014-saturday-september-14th-2013/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.