(Topic ID: 43439)

SOLD OUT! Mad Rollin Pinball 2013 >20 games + WOZ!!!!!!!!

By Whysnow

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20130914_09_54_19_Panorama.jpg
    WP_20130914_10_58_00_Pro.jpg
    WP_20130914_15_23_56_Pro.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1567.jpg
    IMG_1566.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20130913_161334.jpg
    0912132044.jpg
    0912132039.jpg
    DSC09414.JPG
    There are 586 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.
    #451 10 years ago

I think Friday when all the guys bring games meet itll be easier to set in stone. I'm just not sure everyone could keep track of all those modes being activated. My gf likes to play but I don't know about her wrapping her head around all of that. I think one or two goals to go for would be perfect 3 at the most having to at least complete 2 of them.

#452 10 years ago

May do something like this...

Goal:
    Complete either of the following in a single game
    1. Start a multiball and collect a jackpot
    or
    2. Start video mode AND catch a monster fish

Cliffy Notes:
    1. Start multiball by loading 3 balls into the casters club
    Collect a jackpot by loading another ball into caster club during multiball and tehn hitting left orbit
    or

2. Advance captive ball by hitting right orbit, hit captive ball twice, and hit left orbit to start video
    3. Hit 6 alternating boat shots to start monster fish and collect at left orbit

Alternate point goal: Score 50 million before stroking out

#453 10 years ago

That makes a lot more sense

#454 10 years ago

JUST 2 days till preparty time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#455 10 years ago

Maybe next year I'll have a game to bring

#456 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

If my FT example just seems like too much I am of course open to feedback. I do appreciate your insight Jon!

I think your original FT goals are fine - it'll work with the format you have selected.

Every other PinGolf I've been to has had one goal per machine (I have a sample size of 2 though... lol), and I saw how they worked. So I was just thinking out loud about what made this one different...

I like the idea of feature-based goals a lot. It gives the players something to think about other than high scores.

Looking forward to playing with everyone on Saturday!

#457 10 years ago

if anyone can remember, please bring an extra extension cord/ power bar. We could use a bunch.

We have plenty of outlets in the gym but they are confined to a few areas and I plan to spread the games out a little so things are not crammed in the corner.

thanks

#458 10 years ago

It is so close I can taste it.

#459 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

What does it taste like?

#460 10 years ago

Just got done tweaking/waxing/new ooh shiny balls on LOTR, Its going to kick your wazoo!

DSC09413.JPGDSC09413.JPG

DSC09414.JPGDSC09414.JPG

#461 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Just got done tweaking/waxing/new ooh shiny balls on LOTR, Its going to kick your wazoo!

it was already the toughest LOTR I have ever played!!!

#462 10 years ago

welded broken ball guide,soldered broken wire, put on a few new rubbers, waxed the shit out of it, set her up hard and put on a new custom message. nothing like waiting till the last minute!

0912132039.jpg0912132039.jpg

#463 10 years ago

oops wrong pic

0912132044.jpg0912132044.jpg

#464 10 years ago
    Quoted from ssbodyman:

welded broken ball guide,soldered broken wire, put on a few new rubbers, waxed the shit out of it, set her up hard and put on a new custom message. nothing like waiting till the last minute!

Sweet, Ive never played that pin, even with your racist custom message Ill still play it, maybe even beat you on it!

#465 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

maybe even beat you on it!

That wont be hard unfortunately.

#466 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Salty?

Btw, what happened to the GI lighting on your LOTR cory? Think you have a burnt connector, because it looks like the GI's don't exist on your game.

#467 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what happened to the GI lighting on your LOTR cory?

I took all the bulbs out to make it harder, anyone bringing a treadmill?

#468 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

if anyone can remember, please bring an extra extension cord/ power bar. We could use a bunch.
    We have plenty of outlets in the gym but they are confined to a few areas and I plan to spread the games out a little so things are not crammed in the corner.
    thanks

I have a long extension cord that goes to a 4 outlet box and a power strip (6 outlets) with a 15 foot cord I will bring.

Damn body is still on a night schedule! Or is is the excitement of MRP?

#469 10 years ago

If anyone wants to play in this, I need a teammate. Message me/post here right away.

#470 10 years ago
    Quoted from mattenno:

If anyone wants to play in this, I need a teammate. Message me/post here right away.

In case anyone is wondering. Tully is not able to make it on Saturday morning so he had to give up his slot. I emailed through the waiting list in order of those that contacted me and Mattenno is up on deck.

If any other singles are looking to play please get a hold of him and work it out. Even if you do not find a partner, still come over on Sat morn Matt as I think there is a good chance that we ma get a local or 2 showing up hoping to play. We will make it work!

#471 10 years ago
    Quoted from mattenno:

mattenno's skills are excellent! Anyone pairing up for Brawl with him will be getting a great partner. His IFPA record doesn't show it, but Matt has gotten 1st place in local tournaments here in Milwaukee more times than I've been able to keep track of.

#472 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I took all the bulbs out to make it harder, anyone bringing a treadmill?

Are those blinding LEDs in there?

Really looking forward to playing some pinball tomorrow.

#473 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Really looking forward to playing some pinball tomorrow.

Really looking forward to some pinball today!! PRE-PARTY!!!

#474 10 years ago
    Quoted from mattenno:

Man, I wish I could do this event with you..... The time of day is just too tough with my wife's work schedule.

#475 10 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Man, I wish I could do this event with you..... The time of day is just too tough with my wife's work schedule.

Matt.... If you don't have someone by 6 tonight, let me know. I *might* be able to get childcare, but it is a stretch.... Hilton, what time is the event over with?

#476 10 years ago

Still haven't heard from anyone so if you are available I'm cool with it Ralphwiggum

#477 10 years ago

I will make some calls tonight when I get home. It is a stretch, but I am hopeful. If you get someone by then, great.... we could show them how Twistedflippers rolls....lol

Quoted from mattenno:

Still haven't heard from anyone so if you are available I'm cool with it Ralphwiggum

#479 10 years ago
    Quoted from mattenno:

Just heard from the babysitter, tomorrow is a no-go unfortunately. "We could have been a contender"...

#480 10 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Just heard from the babysitter, tomorrow is a no-go unfortunately. "We could have been a contender"...

Good. I can get some sleep tonight.

Totally joking of course. It would have been awesome to have you at the event Tim.

#481 10 years ago

Will there be Pins for sale?

#482 10 years ago

Almost there...

#483 10 years ago

Matt,

Think we have found you a partner. Get in touch me Hilton or myself

Christopher
    608-393-2299

#484 10 years ago

Mad Rollin is rollin!

#485 10 years ago

Mad Rollin is rollin!

#486 10 years ago
    Quoted from louknees:

Mad Rollin is rollin!

Indeed! Great party tonight. Thanks Hilton! Unfortunately it looks like I will "golf" tomorrow like I golf in real life. I haven't golfed in 20 years. Off to bed to sleep sound knowing the ringer Tim is not going to be there.

#487 10 years ago

had a blast tonight guys! Thanks for making this all happen!!!

Preparty was great. you guys drank way less than I expected but ate way more

See you by 9:30 AM sharp.

#488 10 years ago

Just got back from the pre-tourney setup.
    The games are playing fast and clean!
    Everyone will need to bring their A-game.
    Gonna be a great competition.
    Good luck to all and well done Hilton!

#489 10 years ago

Excited 4 hours 30 mins of sleep coming

#490 10 years ago

Stupid body of mine is still on this stupid night schedule. Oh well guess I'll start drinking.

#491 10 years ago

Can't sleep just gonna get up now leaving In a hour anyway

#492 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Stupid body of mine is still on this stupid night schedule. Oh well guess I'll start drinking.

hope you had a few, I am going to need all the help I can get in competition...

#493 10 years ago

Hmm.....Pinball.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#494 10 years ago

Preparty was a good time and got to put on some well needed plays to try and figure out how the games play a bit. There are definitely a few set up fast and mean and getting a few plays in on them help out alot. I feel alot better about actually obtaining the goals on most of the games today.

#495 10 years ago

So to whoever had the whirlwind. Are you intrested in selling it?

#496 10 years ago

Had a great time. Thanks Hilton for having the tournament. Really enjoyed pingolf.
    It's always great to see people, old friends and new people at the tourneys. Can't wait for next year.

#497 10 years ago

That was a fun time! See old friends and make new ones. Great Job to Hilton and his gang!

#498 10 years ago

A very exhausting and FUN day. It will never cease to amaze me how nice pinheads are! Congrats to the winners! IT WAS A BLAST!

#499 10 years ago

Just got back to home to IL. Just wanted to say thanks to all foranother great event machines were playing good and fast alittle to fast haha. It was great to see such a turn out for a good charity event shows not everything is all about money all the time supports your friends and neighbors and all else will be good. Anyways thanks again looking foward to what next year brings!

#500 10 years ago

Was a fantastic day. It never ceases to amaze me how much fun these events were. Much thanks and appreciation to Hilton for putting this all together as well as Chris and the others who contributed their time to support this. I must say the entire lay out of the tournament flowed very well - and moved at a nice pace. Really enjoyed working on a goal other than points- though I did not do very well at pingolf!

Always great to meet up with everyone and meet new pinheads.

There are 586 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-mad-rollin-pinball-2014-saturday-september-14th-2013/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.