7871DAF7-5501-478F-8A1B-B28C520C427E (resized).jpeg
20190826_193403 (resized).jpg
20190825_123711 (resized).jpg
20190825_123805 (resized).jpg
20190224_162428 (resized).jpg
20190224_162447 (resized).jpg
51871578_10213259787156273_5513887574474620928_n (resized).jpg
51783606_10213259793076421_2890301218255536128_n (resized).jpg
There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 5 years ago

Many areas have their own threads to locally promote gatherings, trades, offer machines for sale or share pictures and collections. It's a great way to bring local Pinheads together. Because of the unique geography short driving distance, it makes sense to bring all three states together. Mark this thread as a favorite and post away. Let's keep it going.

Possible Topics:

Tournaments
Local gatherings
New additions
Machines for trade or sale
Pictures of Machines or GameRooms
Places to play
Parts for sale
Events you've been to or want to attend
Machine questions

#2 5 years ago

Sweet! Thx for putting this together.....Im pretty sure I had the nicest collection of pins in Halstead, Ks for awhile.....

#3 5 years ago

Thanks for doing this.

#4 5 years ago

I’m in! I travel across all three states regularly

#5 5 years ago

Wow, nice collections all! I thought there maybe some pinball life around these parts Just received my King Pin r translite, number 125. Waiting to see how that all plays out.

file3-4 (4) (resized).jpegfile3-4 (4) (resized).jpeg

file-39 (5) (resized).jpegfile-39 (5) (resized).jpeg

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Wow, nice collections all! I thought there maybe some pinball life around these parts Just received my King Pin r translite, number 125. Waiting to see how that all plays out.

That's a beautiful collection. So you have a TNA also? You just moved to Wichita recently, correct?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

That's a beautiful collection. So you have a TNA also? You just moved to Wichita recently, correct?

Thanks, man!! Yes, left the TNA with my friend to play in MN along with X Men, I spent more time wrapping my pins than furniture. Still, don't think my wife has forgiven me for that.

Did I meet you at the sale?

#8 5 years ago

I don't think we met. It was pretty crowded there for a while. I bought a couple of games and some parts but wish I had bid one more time on a couple of other machines. Hope you are enjoying Wichita and make it out to some tournaments at The Arcade or Industry Old Town. I also heard Jerseys is planning to rotate their lineup and get some different machines here soon as well.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

I bought a couple of games and some parts but wish I had bid one more time on a couple of other machines.

Like the Harlem Globetrotters? I'm still regretting not bidding on that one.

#10 5 years ago

I'm in. Don't have the money to collect pins but I like to play in the local KC Tournaments.

#11 5 years ago

I'm also in the Liberty area! Started collecting about a year ago, but don't usually have an open enough schedule for leagues or tournaments.

#12 5 years ago

Nice! My schedule doesn't allow for anything consistent either but I can usually get in a tournament every other month or so.

#13 5 years ago

Thanks for starting this thread! I always prefer to sell a game in person if possible.

If anyone is looking for a superb Black Spider-man, I have one for sale.

#14 5 years ago

Hey guys I'm from around the area. I walked away with what was the nicest Jokerz! out of the 3 at the Wichita auction for $900. My co-worker got the Lost World for $750.

thumbnail (1) (resized).jpgthumbnail (1) (resized).jpg

thumbnail (resized).jpgthumbnail (resized).jpg

#15 5 years ago

Company just moved me back home to KS after spending some good years in Chicago. I still travel back and forth a lot for work and stop in at the Stern factory to see friends and to catch up on what we miss out here in the heartland. Just got my Houdini set in the game room, with a few other good titles, and I travel a lot around KS and KC area. Glad to see this thread...there aren't that many of us out here.....

#16 5 years ago

Happy to favorite this thread. Thanks for starting it, glad to have one for our area. Now someone please invite me over to play their Iron Maiden.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from mantz88:

Hey guys I'm from around the area. I walked away with what was the nicest Jokerz! out of the 3 at the Wichita auction for $900. My co-worker got the Lost World for $750.

I think you both got a good buy. I was very tempted to bid $800 on that Lost World. Perfect backglass and nice playfield. The on/off switch was missing and needed replaced is the only thing wrong with it I knew of.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

I think you both got a good buy. I was very tempted to bid $800 on that Lost World. Perfect backglass and nice playfield. The on/off switch was missing and needed replaced is the only thing wrong with it I knew of.

I got a decent deal on the Jokerz. I'm certainly not mad about it. He stole that Lost World at $750. Its in fantastic shape for the age. The backglass has been replaced. You can tell because of old translight remains in the bottom of the cabinet. Player 2 display is not working on it, but I was blown away when the bidding stopped at $750.

We are both happy with what we got. I thought the auctioneer did a great job for how much shit he was given on this forum.

#19 5 years ago

So, I'm think about having a small bank of arcades....any one have any arcades they want to part with? I've heard multicades aren't that great, but I really haven't played a multicade first hand...so not for sure.

#20 5 years ago

I have a Jungle King I would part with real cheap. The game is currently located just a few miles from Liberty.

Added over 6 years ago: Edit : The Jungle King is a video game and was meant for the post above me. A pm would of worked better, sorry for any confusion.

1 week later
#21 5 years ago

Just came home with Cirqus Voltaire yesterday. Gorgeous game. Liking Jersey Jack pins a lot, but still love the old school. Been watching the Houdini video and it looks very interesting. I’m in Wichita area. Thanks for the thread.

#22 5 years ago

I have a few Wedgheads. Always looking to upgrade machines. So i do trade/buy/sell. Thanks

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#23 5 years ago

Thanks for starting this thread...

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from SteamVette:

I have a few Wedgheads. Always looking to upgrade machines. So i do trade/buy/sell. Thanks

Nice collection of wedgeheads...I picked up an Abra Ca Dabra that needs put back together in a group purchase recently. Before I go overboard (like I usually do), what are they worth these days, on average?

#25 5 years ago

Even though I live in Houston, my wife is from Colby KS and we go back once or twice a year to visit. Lived in Overland Park for 13 years. Can I be an honorary member of this thread? Lol

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Even though I live in Houston, my wife is from Colby KS and we go back once or twice a year to visit. Lived in Overland Park for 13 years. Can I be an honorary member of this thread? Lol

Oh man, not much out there around Colby. I used to spend some in Oakley, Ks.....ooooof

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Oh man, not much out there around Colby. I used to spend some in Oakley, Ks.....ooooof

Colby is the Oasis on the Plains! It’s actually pretty nice as the county seat of Thomas County. Probably the best golf course out there, condition wise. The bowling alley there used to have Addams Family and Baywatch...then got new owners and now they have Lethal Weapon 3 and a broken down Laser War. Ugh.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

My grandma lives in Oakley, about ready to turn 96! Just saw her this past weekend.

#29 5 years ago

I have been on some great pheasant hunts in Oakley!

#30 5 years ago

Colby is the Oasis on the Plains! It’s actually pretty nice as the county seat of Thomas County. Probably the best golf course out there, condition wise. The bowling alley there used to have Addams Family and Baywatch...then got new owners and now they have Lethal Weapon 3 and a broken down Laser War. Ugh.

Thats pretty cool they at least have pins there

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Lilpro66:

I have been on some great pheasant hunts in Oakley!

I would think all around there....it would be prime real estate for pheasants....

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

My grandma lives in Oakley, about ready to turn 96! Just saw her this past weekend.

Thats awesome! Small world....

#33 5 years ago

Anyone going to the rocky mountain pinball show? Im trying to get a populated playfield a little closer to me

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

More
Thats pretty cool they at least have pins there

Lethal Weapon is very nice. Full LED looked really sharp. DMD has some lines out, but it did play really good

#35 5 years ago

Lethal Weapon is very nice. Full LED looked really sharp. DMD has some lines out, but it did play really good

I never reallt go to play, but a lot of people seem to enjoy it

#36 5 years ago

Marking as favorite!

#37 5 years ago

I would say around $1,500.00 for a very nice machine. But like most EM's that price fluctuates on person selling and what the buyer will pay. ACD is a wanted machine thou.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Company just moved me back home to KS after spending some good years in Chicago. I still travel back and forth a lot for work and stop in at the Stern factory to see friends and to catch up on what we miss out here in the heartland. Just got my Houdini set in the game room, with a few other good titles, and I travel a lot around KS and KC area. Glad to see this thread...there aren't that many of us out here.....

Interesting...I grew up in Topeka and now the company I work for is based in Chicago. Well Romeoville. I first got the pinball bug playing Spider-Man at Show Biz Pizza off gage. I think I read that the singing animatronic ape is now performing in KC somewhere. Anyways welcome home.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Interesting...I grew up in Topeka and now the company I work for is based in Chicago. Well Romeoville. I first got the pinball bug playing Spider-Man at Show Biz Pizza off gage. I think I read that the singing animatronic ape is now performing in KC somewhere. Anyways welcome home.

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/article211262534.html

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I live in Topeka and was at Show Biz a lot back in the day and for the life of me I can't remember any pinball machines there.

#41 5 years ago

Howdy folks, holding down okc. Glad to be following along.

#42 5 years ago

Deep SE Kansas following along!

#43 5 years ago

Representing the "far east" over in St. Lou. Great thread! Now a Favorite.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

I live in Topeka and was at Show Biz a lot back in the day and for the life of me I can't remember any pinball machines there.

They didn’t have many the only ones I remember playing was Spider-Man and Baby PAC Man. I also remember dragons lair eating up most of my allowance when we went there. When west ridge mall opened I played the Taxi almost non stop at the arcade. The house I grew up was on the other side of 21st street and I would walk/frogged my way across 21st to hang out in the mall. After that I would play Scared Stiff at Kwik Trip on 21st and an insane amount of time on TAF at the C store on gage.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Many areas have their own threads to locally promote gatherings, trades, offer machines for sale or share pictures and collections. It's a great way to bring local Pinheads together. Because of the unique geography short driving distance, it makes sense to bring all three states together. Mark this thread as a favorite and post away. Let's keep it going.

You must have a special pin for this thread and what better than Twister .

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

They didn’t have many the only ones I remember playing was Spider-Man and Baby PAC Man. I also remember dragons lair eating up most of my allowance when we went there. When west ridge mall opened I played the Taxi almost non stop at the arcade. The house I grew up was on the other side of 21st street and I would walk/frogged my way across 21st to hang out in the mall. After that I would play Scared Stiff at Kwik Trip on 21st and an insane amount of time on TAF at the C store on gage.

Yes, Dragon's Lair took most of my money back then too, I wasn't really into pinball yet, I played a little. Where did you go to school? I am guessing either West or Rural?

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

More
Yes, Dragon's Lair took most of my money back then too, I wasn't really into pinball yet, I played a little. Where did you go to school? I am guessing either West or Rural?

Rural....graduated in 91

#48 5 years ago

My Whirlwind came from Oklahoma. Plus, my wife is from KC originally...so I'm following.

"Cool story, bro. Thanks for sharing*"

*said no one here

#49 5 years ago

Lake Ozark MO here and affords numerous possibilities to boat to play pinball...directly across the Lake there's a bar (Larry's) with a Bride of Pinbot (use to have a Circus Voltaire). Over on the strip the Dogpatch has LOTR, AC/DC, Wipeout, Black Rose, Nascar, ST-TNG, and some older tables I didn't recognize. Down Horseshoe Bend Parkway, The Office at last check had BM-TDK, GoT, NBA, MET and others. zh20son, that's funny your Whirlwind came from OK because they take their 'nados serious down there. Similarly the POTC in my lakehouse helps set the pirate-y tone for visitors.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Rural....graduated in 91

Little younger then me! Rural 87

There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-kansas-missouri-oklahoma-thread?hl=sdtminstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.